Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HAL 2 0 1 0 Team (new small group)

Replies

• makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Two Gals headed for marriage bliss...congrats to you both! I've been with my best friend for 23 years now, married for the last 20 of those years, we did the "Courthouse" on a Saturday afternoon, I sometimes wish we would of went a little bigger, we thought we'd put the money towards our first home instead. I bet dress shopping will be a blast!
    Everyone's goals look great, week 1 coming on! Good luck everyone!

Stormchaser, good to hear your feeling a little better!

Jessica, hope you get your run in, I wanted to get out today for a run, but the cold brought me back in to my elliptical. I wish I had a treadmill, but we really don't have the room, I'm just wishing for Spring to get here!:bigsmile:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Two Gals headed for marriage bliss...congrats to you both! I've been with my best friend for 23 years now, married for the last 20 of those years, we did the "Courthouse" on a Saturday afternoon, I sometimes wish we would of went a little bigger, we thought we'd put the money towards our first home instead. I bet dress shopping will be a blast!
    Everyone's goals look great, week 1 coming on! Good luck everyone!

Stormchaser, good to hear your feeling a little better!

Jessica, hope you get your run in, I wanted to get out today for a run, but the cold brought me back in to my elliptical. I wish I had a treadmill, but we really don't have the room, I'm just wishing for Spring to get here!:bigsmile:
    I congratulate thee engaged too! It brought back memories. We too did the courthouse on a Saturday afternoon, because his father did NOT think I would make a good wife for his son. Needless to say I have been a good , hard working farm wife who helps and supports her husband even today. We will be married 30 yrs in Feb. his dad died a year after we were married and our son his first grandson was born on his birthday. Ironic!!! Anyway life is good and we are still maried!!! I have not put down my goals yet. I am sorta scared to for some reason. It is not the goal setting that scares me, I set my fitness goal in Jan of 09 to be more than it was in 08 which was 252 days, I surpassed it with 305 days, it just for some reason feels off to me, I do not know why! My one goal for ninety days is P90X with Insanity cardio workouts.Then I guess Eat MORE protien and eliminate SUGAR from my diet. The sugar issue IS my biggest hindrance!! I am VERY addicted sugar, I did pretty good until Halloween,then Thanksgiving then Christmas! I am sooooo afraid of using that as a goal because I have NEVER been able to resist cookies, bars, pies etc;;; I will accept any suggestion on this issue!!! I will tell you all now that I really am NOT a runner but I do go run 2-3 miles four times per week in the summer but once it gets cold I move into fitness classes and elliptical and sometimes the treadmill ( I have built up a pretty darn good gym in my basement but will hit the gym cuz it is only $2 and has people and other equipment) well today we had a high of 28* no wind and very bright sunshine so I layered up and took the dogs out, we ran through snow and over snow drifts for 4.25 miles and I burned 486 calories. My base layer was ringing wet when I got home. I was proud that I did it even when it was not real fast!! I loved it and so did the pooches!!
    Verda
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126

Debra, I'm desperately waiting for spring, too. I HATE treadmills. I wouldn't take one even if it was free. I just cannot run on them for some reason. So, I run when I can, and workout inside when I can't run. Hopefully it will be a quick winter and spring will be here soon! :flowerforyou:
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Verda you have been doing great, Im sure you'll come up with some realistic goals for yourself. I'm not a sugar addict so cant help you there. Maybe one goal could be to just cut back (instead of out) on the sweets would be better for you.

2miles yesterday, Saturday, but slow. Going again today for a real run.

I got to the gym late last night it was very late (10pm) and just wasnt mentally into it, so I decided to at least get 2miles in. I wanted to go to the gym but once I was there and got on the treadmill it just seemed hard for some reason. So I ran the 1st mile then did a slow walk on the 2nd mile. I got off the treadmill once it hit 200 cals burned and that was at 2.14miles. I plan on going again today for a real run. But much more earlier this time.

I have been running on the treadmill since I feel Im not ready for outside yet, wanted to work on my breathing and endurance and I was really hoping to drop some pounds before running outdoors. Well, my weight is not dropping quite like I hoped, but my run time& breathing has shown improvement so I will start training on my run outdoors the middle of January, 2 weeks before my first 5k.

I tried running outside once and it wasn't easy like the treadmill. It was different on my legs (harder) and I had other obstacles in the way such as dogs then having to run at times on the grass due to cars coming etc. But looks like my outside time is fast approaching! PS. I think a big part of my outside fear is all mental because most folks LOVE outside vs the treadmill.
  • makeitallsue
    I congratulate thee engaged too! It brought back memories. We too did the courthouse on a Saturday afternoon, because his father did NOT think I would make a good wife for his son. Needless to say I have been a good , hard working farm wife who helps and supports her husband even today. We will be married 30 yrs in Feb. his dad died a year after we were married and our son his first grandson was born on his birthday. Ironic!!! Anyway life is good and we are still maried!!! I have not put down my goals yet. I am sorta scared to for some reason. It is not the goal setting that scares me, I set my fitness goal in Jan of 09 to be more than it was in 08 which was 252 days, I surpassed it with 305 days, it just for some reason feels off to me, I do not know why! My one goal for ninety days is P90X with Insanity cardio workouts.Then I guess Eat MORE protien and eliminate SUGAR from my diet. The sugar issue IS my biggest hindrance!! I am VERY addicted sugar, I did pretty good until Halloween,then Thanksgiving then Christmas! I am sooooo afraid of using that as a goal because I have NEVER been able to resist cookies, bars, pies etc;;; I will accept any suggestion on this issue!!! I will tell you all now that I really am NOT a runner but I do go run 2-3 miles four times per week in the summer but once it gets cold I move into fitness classes and elliptical and sometimes the treadmill ( I have built up a pretty darn good gym in my basement but will hit the gym cuz it is only $2 and has people and other equipment) well today we had a high of 28* no wind and very bright sunshine so I layered up and took the dogs out, we ran through snow and over snow drifts for 4.25 miles and I burned 486 calories. My base layer was ringing wet when I got home. I was proud that I did it even when it was not real fast!! I loved it and so did the pooches!!
    Verda

Verda, That is something to be proud of, 30 years with one sole mate, doesn't happen to often these days. :flowerforyou: and to do it with out you inlaws support...you go girl!!!! To be a farmers wife is a tough, tough job, there is always something to do on the farm. We live on one also, but we rent the fields now as my husband works full time. We are suppose to be renovating this 100+ year old farm house now, but way to much has to be decided...kinda in over our heads a bit, but I'm sure we'll figure it out!
    I am starting my second round of P90x this 12 weeks, maybe that's why you feel a little off...You know what's coming...:laugh: :laugh: I have a love for cookies, and pies..rolls. I don't think I could ever give them up. I have just tried to re-vamp recipes and eat only serving sizes and then only a few times a week, maybe just a gentle cut-back will help and before you know it...you'll want it less and less. Good luck!
  • makeitallsue

Debra, I'm desperately waiting for spring, too. I HATE treadmills. I wouldn't take one even if it was free. I just cannot run on them for some reason. So, I run when I can, and workout inside when I can't run. Hopefully it will be a quick winter and spring will be here soon! :flowerforyou:
    To be honest, I have never ever even tried to run on a treadmill.....I wonder if I could do it? I might have to give the YMCA a try to see:laugh:
  • Jessica68
    WENT OUTDOORS AFTER ALL TODAY

And it was great...found an official 5k course to train on.

Completed 9.30 miles and it went like this:

WALK 5min then
    RUN to complete the 5k course (completion time was 43mins)
    WALK two more loops around this course for 6.20 miles
    Complete time was 2hrs37mins.

Felt great!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Verda and Debra- I live on a farm too. Well, we are trying to make it a farm. ALOT of hard work! I commend you both!
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    I am a farm animal, so guess I fit right in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Call me wimpy, but I did the treadmill for about 8 miles today. I looked at the -5 F mid afternoon and my treadmill was an easy choice. I rented a good movie and got it done. Then my project list got longer as the dryer vent got clogged, DVD player stopped working, and my kids toy helicopter broke.

Anyway... back to work in the morning and happy about that too.

I will be making a new board posting soon, but just did not get to it this weekend. I think I'll make sure we've got everyones initial posts in first.

Raymond
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I am a farm animal, so guess I fit right in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Call me wimpy, but I did the treadmill for about 8 miles today. I looked at the -5 F mid afternoon and my treadmill was an easy choice. I rented a good movie and got it done. Then my project list got longer as the dryer vent got clogged, DVD player stopped working, and my kids toy helicopter broke.

Anyway... back to work in the morning and happy about that too.

I will be making a new board posting soon, but just did not get to it this weekend. I think I'll make sure we've got everyones initial posts in first.

Raymond
    It is called life Raymond! Way to hang in there! I have NEVER ran 8 miles. 6 but not 8!!! I start P90x tomorrow, chest and back with the ab ripper x! I am not looking forward to Tuesday or Wednesday when the muscles are screaming WTH???? But this is my goal!!!
    Verda
  • boggs68
    boggs68 Posts: 18
    Hope everyone had a great New Years, just returned from vacation and am ready to go.

Rainman....here are my stats

Current weight....235
    Weight goal in 90 days...210

Challenge goal 1...Average 15 miles/day walking for each week
    Challenge goal 2...0 days without late night snacking
    Challenge goal 3...Weight train 3 times a week

Thanks
  • Jessica68
    Hello All! Welcome back to a new week of eating right and taking care of ourselves like we should. Nice to see everyone getting back safely from traveling and getting into the grove of things.

As for me, Im fairly new to MFP and am getting familiar with the tools it offers, one of them is the food diary and daily calorie plan. I had set my own daily calorie count but am now going to just use what MFP suggest, so when I report in the days under my calories its going to be based on MFP's plan. Just an FYI!

Oh..and the scale is very evil! thanks Raymond for pointing that out, my scale is doing the bounce thing and nearly had me very dissappointed until I remembered your remarks about the evil scale. So Im going to try not to take it too seriously since its probably the types of foods I ate and water rentention. And I do have a habit of weighing daily so I need to chill.

Happy Monday!
    Eat right today and drink your water!
  • Jessica68
    Yikes, just updated my meal plan using MFP and it has brought me from 1700 calories a day to 1330. And of course depending on the amount of excercise I do in a day that count can go up. And the 1700 was one I had given myself back in October based on another meal plan. Now i can see why my weight as really just kind of been sticking around 188-190 for about 2 months now, been eating too many calories, especially on my "off" days from working out. So its probalby been causing a wash..gain 1 lose 1 gain 1 lose 1 etc.

Skinny pants here I come!
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    The scale is the devil :devil:

Seriously!

My wife and I are both hitting it hard for 2010 and our scale barely works. In fact, I tried to weigh in today and it would not even work long enough to get a reading. I almost ordered a new scale on Amazon and asked my hun which model. She said she did not even want one. She is ONLY going on how clothes fit and measurements and has no plan to ever get a weight. Wow, so right! I like data so I have to detox from that need and truly focus on measures. I'll still weigh in, but it is such an emotional swing that can kill motivation.

Raymond
  • boggs68
    boggs68 Posts: 18
    Hope everyone had a great New Years, just returned from vacation and am ready to go.

Rainman....here are my stats

Current weight....235
    Weight goal in 90 days...210

Challenge goal 1...Average 15 miles/day walking for each week
    Challenge goal 2...0 days without late night snacking
    Challenge goal 3...Weight train 3 times a week

Thanks

Edit my first goal it was supposed to be 7.5 miles
  • makeitallsue
    Hey all HAL members, hope you are all starting your week the way you have planned!:bigsmile:
    I rocked my workout today and I am feeling pretty good right now.
    I am with you Verda, I completed P90X Chest and Back, Ab RipperX and then I jumped on the elliptical for 31 minutes (I really need the addtional cardio:wink: )
    Boy, I don't know if I could do without the scale,:ohwell: I mean it did make me happy when the scale didn't move and the clothes fit better, but I tend to jump on the scale a lot and when it goes down...my motivation spikes...guess it goes both ways. I am using the scale to get my fat percent under control, I'm at 44% now. I was at 52% a year ago.
    Best of luck on your goals....off to grab some lunch and do a little snow shoveling:bigsmile:
  • iRun4wine
    Debra- good job!! Sounds like you got in a really strong workout! :smile:

I've been doing really well so far with my eating and working out. I'm expecting a pretty big loss when I step on the scale next, but realistically I know that I probably will not keep up this pace in terms of weight loss. When you go from pigging out to doing really well, it tends to taper off... although I wish it didn't!

We're going away this week from Thursday night to Sunday night. So, I will probably weigh-in on Thursday and again on Sunday. I'm going to try really hard to stick to healthy choices while we're away. So, I'll officially check-in Monday morning since I'm not going to weigh myself on Sunday night- I always do it first thing in the morning :smile:
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Hello everyone. I did my 30 day shred for today and my yoga along with a few more exercises. Now all I have to do is my hour on the treadmill. I am so glad to see everyone sticking to their exercises. I know we can do this!!

Keep up the great work everyone!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    I will be going out for a 3mile run today...we shall see how it goes. I am not sure if the 30 shred tweaked my knee or something else did, but I am definitely having some problems with it. I will give up the shred temporarily, but in no way am I giving up my running!:tongue:
  • iRun4wine
    Way to go, Sherry!

I ran on Friday, did the 30 Day Shred on Saturday and Sunday and ran again today.

I'm anxious already to weigh-in and report back. I started on Jan. 1st so it's been 4 days already, but I realized that we're not weighing in unitl Saturday or Sunday I think Raymond said... can't wait! :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.