Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HAL 2 0 1 0 Team (new small group)

Replies

• betoGod
    betoGod Posts: 30
    Hello Everyone,
    I've been at my Sisters with Mom for a few days. Tomorrow I fly home to North Carolina. We had alot of activity, walking one night for 45 minutes, next day went to the outdoor spa in So Cal with a nice 75 degree day. Sure will miss that warm weather when I go home. Anyway, we did water aerobics Saturday for 30 minutes, went to the gym with Sis Sunday to workout, then walked for 3 hours around the Swap meet. Came home to Mom's today and moved three wheelbarrows full of rock and filled in a bunch of holes dug by the dogs. Can't wait to sleep on the plane tomorrow coming home.

I am shooting to get back to the gym at 6am Wednesday morning if jet lag doesn't take over. Sounds like everyone is hot on the fitness and weight loss trail.

Laurie
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Well here is some good news one my front, I went to the Dr today and he said that the movement looked really good and the fact that I have had no pain and sleeping at night is a very good sign. I still have to wait to see what the Neosurgen has to say next week but I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. I still have a little numbness in my left hand but he told me that should be going away. so my thinking is give it til the end of the week and maybe this weekend I can try and get to the gym and see what I can do and Not do!

I was happy about this news and wanted to share it with you! There is hope for me yet! LOL
    I got off track with my food today but its so cold and I wanted something warm so I chose the pasta route but tomorrow I'll probably have soup since its suppose to be colder yet, Man I hate winters! I knew I should have moved to the islands and opened a bar on the beach, LOL.

I'll keep you all posted!

Tracy :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    I did my 3 miles...I'm actually going to try to push all of my mileage into today thru Thursday. I won't be able to exercise over the weekend, so we shall see how it goes!

That's great news Tracey! I hope the neurosurgeon has good news for you as well!
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Good job bigtest! I was thinking we wouldn't hear from you since you were out of town, but sounds like you managed to get some work outs in anyways. Good job!

And I hope we don't need to start up an injured list!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I guess I am sorta lost here as to what we are suppose to be doing. When do we weigh and when do we post our goals? I know I posted that I was doing P90x starting today which I did along with 31 minutes on the elliptical. I also ate clean with more protien and I have had only ONE cookie. Tried to keep it sorta healthy with oatmeal raisin! LOL
    1/1= Insanity Pure Cardio
    1/2= Ran 4.25 miles outside in 25* temp
    1/3= Elliptical and P90X fit test
    1/4= 31 min on elliptical plus P90X Back and chest
  • Jessica68
    Correction:

From my understanding, Its going to be once a week, we can post our totals then. Some folks want to get an avg of their weight over FRI SAT & SUN, but thats an idividual choice. Looks like we are to weigh in on Saturdays and post our weekly progress. Quote "Each Saturday post the data in a simple layout and I will update the charts."

He's been busy but will get our charts together soon and he also wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to post what their goals would be.

The photos we took are going to be used 30days from now for our before photo or start, and then we'll take a 30 & 90 day photo to "see" our progress. Just didn't want anyone to forget to take a "before" photo.

But in the meantime we can all post things to share on our daily progress so we can get and give encouragement. Plus it also helps us to get to know one another better.

So keep track of your progess as you are going along, and on Sat or Sunday we all post our entire weeks progress which should match with the goals we each wanted to track. And Rainman will be updating our charts.

Correct me anyone if I have this wrong.
  • nicolee516
    you got it Jessica! that's what I got from it....
  • Jessica68
    Well here is some good news one my front, I went to the Dr today and he said that the movement looked really good and the fact that I have had no pain and sleeping at night is a very good sign. I still have to wait to see what the Neosurgen has to say next week but I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. I still have a little numbness in my left hand but he told me that should be going away. so my thinking is give it til the end of the week and maybe this weekend I can try and get to the gym and see what I can do and Not do!

I was happy about this news and wanted to share it with you! There is hope for me yet! LOL
    I got off track with my food today but its so cold and I wanted something warm so I chose the pasta route but tomorrow I'll probably have soup since its suppose to be colder yet, Man I hate winters! I knew I should have moved to the islands and opened a bar on the beach, LOL.

I'll keep you all posted!

Tracy :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Oh, Tracy..just read one of your first post and where it was a neck pain and bulging dics, and I've heard how this effect the arms too. Just be careful and only do as the Doctor instructs. My husband is down and not able to work due to a ruptured disc so I understand. I'm so glad you are experiencing some relief at night now and finally getting some better sleep! Poor thing! Hope you get great news from the Neurologist.
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Cool, that's the plan. I love to see it repeated, and not by me.

To be honest, I don't really care if we have some variation in what each persons "week" is. If it's Saturday to Friday, Monday to Sunday, or some other mix is not a big concern. Basically, report the weekly results sometime over the weekend, or by late on Monday and I update the progress charts. So, whatever each persons "week 1" is send the results in this weekend and we'll be off and running.

Everyone is encouraged to report workouts during the week, good or bad, and the daily help and support is a HUGE part of MFP.

I am an easy going fella, so don't get too worked up over "rules". It will all be easier once it becomes routine.

Raymond
  • RunRideRay
    Tracy, that’s great news. Sleep is a good thing. Sign me up for some cheap help at that bar someplace sunny and warm.

Laurie, enjoy those flights and security screenings. That 6AM gym alarm will be oh so tough. Go get em!

Kelynn, you are on fire! Yep, first weigh in will be this weekend so I am looking for some results too. Have fun this weekend!

Verda and Debra, ughhhh!!!! P90X chest and back is tough! I also did it today. I thought push-ups stunk in 8th grade and they still stink. My pull-ups might make AFV too.

Nichole, WTG on getting the runs in, keep pushing until you are looking forward to those off days this weekend.

Sherry, 30-day shred is now only what, 27 day shred? Keep it going and hold on to each day. Good job.

Boggs, good to see ya my ultra endurance buddy.

Jessica, what can I say. You are just awesome for helping me out!!! About your calorie level dilemma, that’s always been a very delicate point. I have too much advice to give ( some is good and sure some is bad). I’ll narrow it down to a book that really made it simple to me. “You on a diet” from a couple Dr’s who have terrible jokes but a simple way to explain metabolism and diet. In short, you want to hit a metabolism sweet spot with calories and blood sugar. Eating too few calories and your body goes into a conserve mode and won’t release energy in fat stores, which is counter productive and burns folks out.

I squeezed in another 7 mile treadmill run tonight to finish my movie. I have also made it 4 days without soda and it’s really no big deal now. Ya know, habits form in about 2-weeks so it may be a permanent solution if I make until then.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Good job Raymond on the run and giving up the soda! I rarely drink it after having to give up Mt Dew 15 yrs ago for being allergic to yellow 5 dye. That crap is bad news, I was not a big drinker but enough to where I got migraines!!! Looking forward to getting this new year ball a rollin!! Thanks dude for doing this!!!!
  • Jessica68
    I was too busy typing and chatting :laugh: that I didn't get a run in tonight!! ha ha...just teasing, it was an off day for me.

Oh, and by the way I did a great job at keeping my NEW teeny tiny calories in check, and it wasn't bad..I'm STILL Feeling full! :tongue:

So far so good, and its freezing here in TEXAS! well..its brrrrr cold!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Just a quick look in, Hello everyone! The kids are home from school, snow again!
    It's my oldest 25th birthday today...man time flies!
    I am feeling every push/pull that I did yesterday, but I think once I get moving, I'll be fine...Plyo today.
    Good luck everyone with todays goals, I'll check in later, off to do chores and shovel some snow!
  • boggs68
    boggs68 Posts: 18
    Kept to my calorie goal yesterday, although the exercise will be tough for a few days. Moving into my new house and getting all the little things fixed up and painted before all the furniture comes this weekend is time consuming. Although it is a nice little workout in itself.

Hard to get outside anyways seeing as we are buried under a few feet of snow. Have a nice winter climb up in the Adirondacks set the following weekend, nice way to jump start the workouts.
  • nicolee516
    Kept to my calorie goal yesterday, although the exercise will be tough for a few days. Moving into my new house and getting all the little things fixed up and painted before all the furniture comes this weekend is time consuming. Although it is a nice little workout in itself.

Hard to get outside anyways seeing as we are buried under a few feet of snow. Have a nice winter climb up in the Adirondacks set the following weekend, nice way to jump start the workouts.

Boggs, I love your pics on your profile!

I have a 5miler scheduled for today.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126

Boggs, if you don't mind me asking, where in the Adirondacks? We have family in upstate New York... actually that's where we're off to this weekend :smile:

Went to my friend's for dinner last night and ended up going over my calories, but still managed to not eat junk. I've gotten exercise in every day in 2010 so far. Sounds like everyone is off to a great start :smile: Keep up the good work!
  • boggs68
    boggs68 Posts: 18
    Thanks Nicolee!

Kelynn,

It is just southeast of Lake Placid near Keene. Cascade Mountain.
  • RunRideRay
    The land of the infamous Lake Placid Ironman. My buddies are addicted to it. Cool.
  • RunRideRay
    Only a test to post the chart, and it cropped it too much. I'll try again tonight.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Thanks Nicolee!

Kelynn,

It is just southeast of Lake Placid near Keene. Cascade Mountain.

Hmmm..... Where is that in relation to the Lake George area? Is it northwest?
This discussion has been closed.