Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HAL 2 0 1 0 Team (new small group)

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    some people have addictions to alcohol, drugs,etc., I have it with running and exercise...I have trouble moderating... Funny...you would think that I would be skinny as a rail.... OH YEAH....I don't know how to moderate food either...DUH!

nicolee, I am sooooo with ya there! I like sugar to well to not exercise is my motto!!! Actually I love food so it is a really good thing I like to be fit too and at the (cringe) middle age of 50 just about 51 I do not think too much will change either, so I keep on keeping on!! I think I will go do the P90X Yoga that I was suppose to do today but went and did the Insanity Max Cadio Conditioning instead. I have just NEVER been into yoga. I will let ya know later !
    Verda
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Hello everyone,

Verda, I did my Yoga early this morning, while I was still asleep...I'm not a big fan either!

I have been so hungry all day...I wonder if it's in my head....cus I have to weigh in tomorrow...I ate most of my calories today, just 62 little left to spare....I keep thinking I should do a little more cardio...but after I shoveled snow I'm just cold and kinda achy.and my face is wind burned....:sad: , I think an early bedtime might be a good idea.

Oh,Nicolee, I "love food too", not so much chocolate, but breads and rolls, pasta, pizza, oatmeal cookies, butterscotch cookies...did I mention I was hungry?:laugh:

I'll check in tomorrow, hope everyone is doing well.
  • betoGod
    betoGod Posts: 30
    Hanni, You really need to check out some books on eating vegan. It is very important to include beans and a variety of grains in our diet as they help to provide an adequate amount of protein. Most grains and vegetables are incomplete proteins, but when combined properly they can provide the protein requirements needed by the body. Ever wonder why Mexican food has beans and rice? Its because they combine to make a complete protein, they are complementary foods.

Remember that the body does need protein, especially when you are working out and trying to lose weight. Become very knowledgeable about vegetarian so you can be successful.

Laurie
  • vhuber
    Hey kids I got through 50 minutes of yoga with Tony Horton and crew from P90X! It really was'nt so bad but I like movin it lot's better!! Good night crew I am heading to bed so I do not eat the rest of my calories!!!
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    verda you are doing great, and your body shows it too! you look like a p90x model! Keep up the great work, its showing!

Good morning everyone...i was lazy last night but will run tonight on the treadmill. I must, since tomorrow is weigh in time! :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    Oh yeah right Jessica!! The back side is the scary side! LOL I weighed this morning 148# ! I have gone 7/7 for 2010!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Hey everyone, been a busy morning!
    The Kids had a delay and that along with the snow and having to shovel put me behind a little bit. I forgot to weighin first thing this morning, but I did it after I remembered when I came in from shoveling and the scale said 1 pound lighter...so I'll take that!
    I am going to weigh in again tomorrow morning and Sunday, average it and then change my ticker. I did an hour on the elliptical after I came in, went 6.7 miles and burnt a ton of calories, feeling good about myself.....I still have a leg and back workout to do, but I'm going to kick back for a while with a cup of tea and a book.
    Hope your all doing well!
  • makeitallsue
    Hey everyone, been a busy morning!
    The Kids had a delay and that along with the snow and having to shovel put me behind a little bit. I forgot to weighin first thing this morning, but I did it after I remembered when I came in from shoveling and the scale said 1 pound lighter...so I'll take that!
    I am going to weigh in again tomorrow morning and Sunday, average it and then change my ticker. I did an hour on the elliptical after I came in, went 6.7 miles and burnt a ton of calories, feeling good about myself.....I still have a leg and back workout to do, but I'm going to kick back for a while with a cup of tea and a book.
    Hope your all doing well!
  • makeitallsue
    opps on the double post...must of hit it twice...sorry guys!
  • vhuber
    Today is 8/8 in2010!
    P90X: Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X with a fast 10 minute warm up on the elliptical. Total calorie burn = 525
    I still have1000 calories to eat! Yum, Yum! I am going to the ball game so I know I get to eat popcorn, yeah!!!!!
  • Hi team,
    Hope this is okay but I'm going to weigh-in today b/c I won't have much time to be online this weekend.
    Weight - 189lbs
    Days under or at caloric limit - 3
    Days without snacking after 1930 - 6
    Days at the gym (extra workout) - 2

It was an extremely disappointing week for me. I'm having a really hard time finding time to stick to my plan. Do we have anyone else in the group working 12 hr shifts? If so, are you finding it easier to work out extremely early or after a long day at work. And do we have any students? my 12 hr shifts are for school (I'm a nursing student), but I also have homework and work 30hrs a week at a part time job (school shifts are unpaid).. I need help from anyone else trying to balance ridiculous new schedules this year!
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated guys!
    Thanks,
    Lindsey
  • Jessica68
    Verda..I just took a 2nd look at your photos..and I'm still right! you look great!

Good job Debra on the pound lost! And sounds like you are still managing to get your workouts in. very good!

Good job Lindsey on the pound! It IS NOT easy to lose weight and you managed to lose a pound, that IS great. Lately I have been bringing work home and either I'm not doing this extra work or I'm not running, very hard and stressful to be having to juggle these two, especially at a time when i was really getting on a roll and doing great!

I'm sure my guilt will get the best of me so I'll end up heading to the gym. Just wanted to see what was happening on here and hope to get some encouragement by reading the other post.

Oh, and its JUST TOO COLD HERE IN TEXAS! :sad:
  • Jessica68
    Okay, I went to the gym and for some reason I had a very difficult time getting in a good run tonight. I struggled through mile 1, then pretty much walked the rest.

I did 4.10 miles but it was extremely slow and just as if I started all over! Sure hope days like today don't happen on race day. My ipod's battery was dead maybe some of the blame can be on that, I didn't have my motivating music. I had two days of rest, I really thought I'd do better than this. Oh well, we'll see how my next run goes, I'm sure it will be better. Today was probably just a fluke.
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    HI ALL! Well I weighed in this morning and I was VERY happy for what I saw. I lost 4 pounds with just watching my foods since I can't do any exercise. I'm still very much on target to reaching my goals. This has been really hard for me since I can't get to the gym and do anything but work. Its frustrating me that I can't workout I really do miss it and I can't wait to get back to it.

Its great to see the numbers falling on the scale I haven't seen these kind of numbers since my divorce 7 years ago and then it was all the stress when I lost like 50 pounds and then I became steady in my life and of course I gained it all back and then some. So I'm on the right track and I will do this for me and thats a great mind set!

Lindsey- I work alot of hours too. I work 2 jobs so I'm at work from 8am til 730pm every night and then I work 4 hours sat morning, bright and early (6-1030). I have to fight myself to get workouts in. I would usually go to the gym from 8 til 930 at night and then go home and go to bed and start the day over again. So it can be done but its hard I won't lie but I figure I have to this for me and that seems to help me a little!

so here is my report for the week
    current weight- 231 (yay)
    days at calories- 7
    days of no late night snacking- 0 (oops)
    days of exercise- 0 :(

hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Are we going to start a new thread?

Tracy:drinker: :tongue: :happy: :laugh:
  • Jessica68
    STORMCHASER That IS awesome! Wow you did so good! Im going to the gym and watching what I eat and havent lost that much...what a great job!
  • Jessica68
    January 9
    186Current Weight
    174.7 Weight goal in 90 days (goal of losing 4.5 lbs per month for 2010)

Challenge goals
    23 Run/walk miles per week ( 18 per week was goal)
    5 Days at or below calorie target (My calorie target changed on Monday to a lower amount, so 5 at this new amount)
    14 Pant size (I'd love to be in a size 7 at the end of this year)

Last Friday I was like 187 but the very next day (Saturday) I was 188.2, then I realized I had been at a high calorie amount and when I'd go work out every other day I'd lose a pound but gain it back on my off days. Monday is when I decided to follow MFP's calorie plan and since Monday I did see my pounds slowly moving down oz by oz or so instead of bouncing up and down like before.

I have been really tired these last 3 days so I think I'm going to review my food diary and see if maybe what Im eating could be the guilty culprit. I may need to be eating cleaner healthier foods. Eating at or under calories is good but sometimes we may also be eating the wrong and those could be sabotaging us. So, going to do some studying on my foods and see what could be going on. My husband says its my busy days at work because we've been really busy lately, but part of me did feel guilty for some of the foods I ate...even though at a small amount.
  • Jessica68
    http://www.aolhealth.com/healthy-living/longevity/foods-that-make-you-tired

I found this and as I was reading it I realized a few things could be going on:
    My body is needing to adjust to this new calorie amount
    I've been eating more turkey lately and haven't had fish like the weeks before
    I need vitamins
    Going to start watching my IRON intake, it has been very very low
    I need to be sure to drink my water *consistently* throughout the day.

Just Noticed I also haven't been eating my daily bowl of raisin bran for breakfast this week, going to have some now and then taking a multivitamin.

And there could be a number other reasons but this is a start of why
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Gm everyone! Here's my check in for the week.

Current weight: 170.4 up .2 BLAH!
    Run miles: 19
    Hip measurement: 43.5- same
    Nights around my calorie goals: 6 I went over on purpose yesterday...long story...I will tell ya some time if everyone is interested.
    :flowerforyou:
  • makeitallsue
    Jessica, thanks for the links after lunch I am going to read into them...sometimes I'm really tired too and I was interested in vitimins.
    Stormchaser, again,,,high five on your weight loss..that's great!!!

Got my workouts in early..but forgot about weighing in...but I'll tie a ribbon to my finger and do it tomorrow so I can compare from Fridays weigh in. Hope you all have a great weekend!
This discussion has been closed.