Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HAL 2 0 1 0 Team (new small group)

Replies

• makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Hello all,

Weight 231.8 lbs. Previous week 235. -3.2 for the week
    Averaged 8.3/miles a day
    Does moving furniture all week qualify as my weight training?

With all that and getting settled in I expect a great week this week and some good results next monday.
    Boggs68, I read this wrong the first time I glanced at it...that's a great loss!!! Keep it up, moving furniture must do something...maybe I should rearrange the living room or something:laugh: :laugh: Great job!
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Happy Bday Tracy. Another lap around the sun.

I am cowboy today. That is, after doing Plyo last night and then an hour on my bike trainer. I was walking a little funny today. Then, I hammer chest and shoulders for lunch and my hands are shaking trying to get steamed rice to my mouth. HA. Get me a bib.

Keep it up everyone, and I'll work on the chart mid week. I'll be round the clock busy until late Wed, so that's when I'll get it updated.

Raymond
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Hey all- Got back from our weekend away late last night. Haven't had time to read through all the posts yet, but wanted to check in.

My starting weight (last week) was: 160.6
    Current weight 158.6 (lost 2 pounds!!) :bigsmile:

# of days I stayed under my calories: 4 (would have been better if I hadn't gone away!)
    # of days I did strength training: 4 (again, would have been better!)
    running miles: 6.3 :ohwell:

I actually stated working towards these goals on Jan. 1st, but I know we didn't officially start until Jan. 4th. I did super well from the 1st until we went away, so overall I'm really happy with my numbers this past week. Now, that we're home... back on track! I'll read through the old posts and check back in later... busy day at work, gotta run...
  • boggs68
    boggs68 Posts: 18
    Hey all- Got back from our weekend away late last night. Haven't had time to read through all the posts yet, but wanted to check in.

My starting weight (last week) was: 160.6
    Current weight 158.6 (lost 2 pounds!!) :bigsmile:

# of days I stayed under my calories: 4 (would have been better if I hadn't gone away!)
    # of days I did strength training: 4 (again, would have been better!)
    running miles: 6.3 :ohwell:

I actually stated working towards these goals on Jan. 1st, but I know we didn't officially start until Jan. 4th. I did super well from the 1st until we went away, so overall I'm really happy with my numbers this past week. Now, that we're home... back on track! I'll read through the old posts and check back in later... busy day at work, gotta run...

Nice job Kelynn,

How was your weekend in the Adirondacks? Hope you had a great time
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Do you wear a HRM?

I do wear a HRM...but for the fit test I forgot to start it until half way through. I was so pissed at myself.

I did my running yesterday and two hours later ended up playing in two pick-up basketball games. I was dragging and stiff this morning. But now that I've moved around a little, I'm better.

Late this evening is Plyometric Cardio Circuit, then I'm going to bed. Then I'm running first thing in the morning. Short turn time, but that's how the schedule goes. By this time tomorrow I'll be halfway through the work-out week.
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Ok here are my stats for last week.

5 hrs on tradmill
    30 day shred- 5x
    Yoga-5x
    6 nights w/o late night snacks
    CW--214

I only lost .4 lbs.
  • iRun4wine

Nice job Kelynn,

How was your weekend in the Adirondacks? Hope you had a great time

Thank you! It was great... went snowmobiling, and on a horse drawn sled ride. Ate too much, but it was a blast- certainly a much needed weekend away! It's absolutely beautiful up there- each time we're up there, I say to myself "why the heck to I live in CT?" :noway:
  • iRun4wine
    Forgot to report my fitness hours on my previous post... I only did 1.92 fitness hours last week.
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Everyone is doing SO good! congratulations to everyone! I was so busy today at work I didnt get to log on, it was nice to see everyone getting back into the grove of things and I had to do alot of reading got catch up!

I didnt go to the gym yesterday or today, but I will go tomorrow.

And rainman, no problem on the charts..Im sure on most the bar's arent going to move to much, but on yours and boggs! geeze louise! Its going to look like a bad day on wallstreet! lol
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    With the running I've been doing I was pretty sure my cardio health was pretty good. And it's adiquate for Insanity. However, I didn't realize what an un-coordinated oaf I am. I can't even do some of the stretches because my balance isn't good enough.

I guess my core has a long way to go. But like a drunkard going to church, Insanity will probably do a good job of remedying that.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Happy Birthday Stormchaser! And Good luck on Wed at the Doc's!

Good Job Sherry!

Welcome back Kelynn! I'm glad you had a great time!

Iplay- that's excellent that you are working in your core, it will help your running so much!

I started level 2 of the 30 day Shred. I am modifying some of the exercises, like the jumping jacks. I am running in place and flailing my arms like a crazy person swatting at imaginary flies!:laugh: I realized that the jumping jacks are just not going to cut it! I used to play volleyball, and I think the lateral movement got to my right knee...which would explain why the jumping jacks set it off. Duh! Tomorrow is a run day...YEAH!:bigsmile:

Keep up the good work everyone! We will all obtain our goals!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I am cowboy today. That is, after doing Plyo last night and then an hour on my bike trainer. I was walking a little funny today. Then, I hammer chest and shoulders for lunch and my hands are shaking trying to get steamed rice to my mouth. HA. Get me a bib.

Keep it up everyone, and I'll work on the chart mid week. I'll be round the clock busy until late Wed, so that's when I'll get it updated.

Raymond
    [/quote]
    Oh Raymond you made me laugh!!!! I have quite an imagination!!!!
    Today I hit all three goals!
    P90X back and chest, 2.5 mile run on dreadmill, 31 minutes on elliptical & 1/2 hour ab work
    Under calories & not too much sugar
    Got in Protein! Why is this so hard for me!
    My day was a good one! I have to weigh tomorrow for a couple other groups but I am sure it will still say 148#!
    My day is DONE, good night!
    Verda
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Maybe we all send in a compilation for AFV !!! I am sure it would be worth a few laughs. And now they do Plyometric yoga core-jacks with fly swatting backhands :laugh: :laugh: !!!

Welcome back Kelynn, glad you had a good weekend.

Chest and Back today, and an 8 mile "cowboy" run tonight. I barely ate anything today too (not good). I forgot to take my oatmeal to work so I skipped lunch. Ran late to bible study tonight and had to skip supper too. I finally ate a quick sandwich at 9:00 then hit the treadmill for my run. Now it's bedtime and too late to eat and I am really not hungry either. I'll be sure to have a great breakfast!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Good morning group, hope you are all off to a stellar day.
    Plyometrics for me today (oh boy.....on the cowboy vision:laugh: :laugh: )and hoping to get out for a small run, there is suppose to be sunshine and 20*, which is like a heat wave around here!
    I had to order my son a pair of wrestling shoes from foot locker last week and I snuck in a pair of running gloves, they came yesterday, so I'm hoping to put them to use!
  • iRun4wine
    Mornin' folks...

Did well yesterday- didn't get a workout in but I was absolutely exhausted and wasn't feeling well. Will do 30 Day Shred tonight. My work schedule tends to flip-flop, in an "all or nothing" kind of way, which of course is good and bad. Well right now, I work until after dark Monday through Thursday until February 11th, so until then I can only run on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays which is absolutely killing me. So, I'll do 30 Day Shred Monday through Thursdays. But, I wish I was running instead :sad: Is winter over yet?!?! I've had enough! :tongue:
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Debra- way to go on the plyo's...I hope you don't flail like I do!:laugh: :laugh:

Kelynn- hang in there! Spring will be here before you know it!

I ran 5 today. I felt really strong with thay 4 day rest, but I was slow like a turtle! :huh: I also did the 30 day flailing shred,:laugh: :laugh:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Got in my P90X Plyo X for a 505 calorie burn!
    Under my calories
    Protein could have been better
    I LOST ONE POUND THIS WEEK 147#
    I wish I could lose 7 or 8 but it is unbelievable hard when you are suppose to be eating high calories for this workout series! For ninety days I am not going to focus on weight loss but performance!
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Well every obstacle got in my way tonight and prevented me from getting to the gym. But, what I did do was a video workout..and boy oh boy did I feel it and still feel limp from it all!

It was called "PERSONAL TRAINING WITH JACKIE: POWER CIRCUIT TRAINING" Our cable company has it listed on the FREE movie area so i could watch it for free. It was 48 mins long but I stopped at 34 or so.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/personal-training-with-jackie-power-circuit-training-5757#

Its SO weird..I'm not in any so called muscle pain right now but its odd how the way my muscles DO feel after doing that workout! Like I don't have any control over them. Just showering I had to concentrate on "how to lift arm". Well not really that bad..but it was funny the difference I felt afterwards. Oh I may be laughing now, lets see how I feel in the morning!
  • makeitallsue
    Debra- way to go on the plyo's...I hope you don't flail like I do!

I ran 5 today. I felt really strong with thay 4 day rest, but I was slow like a turtle! :huh: I also did the 30 day flailing shred,:laugh: :laugh:

Oh Nicolee, I flail....but it's a good flail and I always feel great when it's over....Great job on your run! I didn't get outdoors yesterday, it is suppose to get up in the mid-thirties today or tomorrow so I'm hoping it will be soon!
  • makeitallsue
    Kelynn, hope your feeling better today! I would be such a baby to have my scheduled all flopped around...good for you keeping at it, when you'd really rather be doing something else!!! I am so with you on the "is it Spring yet"!

Verda and Jessica...way to bring it ladies!!!

Jessica, I find it takes me about a half hour usually after exercise to to get my senses back enough to get in the shower :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , well, you know what I mean, but I love knowing that I didn't just waste the past 90 minutes or so, I love a hard intense workout! Great job on your circuit!

I'm off to get the days started ....great job everyone!
This discussion has been closed.