Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HAL 2 0 1 0 Team (new small group)

Replies

• Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Hey there Nicolee! Good to hear from you...and yeah....now I am interested in why you purposely ate more last night. You might want to try weighing again tomorrow.

I took my multi vitamin immediately after my small bowl raisin bran, and it upset my stomach. I knew it would but was hoping this time it wouldn't since I made sure to eat first. Maybe I need to take it after one of my heavier meals. Will try that tomorrow.

Anway..I'm feeling GREAT right now..could be all mental cause Im a mental person! lol

Maketall sue...sounds like a plan. Glad you got your workout done!
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Stormchaser, that is awesome!!!

The change in diet was a little wierd for me this week. We loaded up on veggies and meats and it's been really good. I had todiscover just how difficult it is to buy healthy foods. Who would think baked tortilla chips are impossible to find?!? However, we did get into a great routine and it's good when the whole family is helping. NO SODA too!!!!

Don't forget to post the fitness hours if you want that tracked too, its no big deal either way.

236 current weight (down 6)
    7 hours of exercise
    26 miles of running
    1 night without snacking (boohoo)
    7 days at or under cal targer (woohoo)

The easiest 6 lbs are gone, and I won't give the next 6 much time either.
  • Jessica68
    Dang 6 lbs!!! AMAZING!!!!! Way to go!

Regarding workout time, guess that's completely different from running (treadmill).
    Next week I'll start incorporating some workouts aside from my running, been wanting too add some to my routine anyway, meant to do it this week but I just ended up so drained the last few days. But I plan on doing so next week.
  • betoGod
    betoGod Posts: 30
    WOW! Our group is doing great!

My results for Saturday weigh in:
    Weight 231.2, down 1.0
    3.5 hours fitness, unless we count 3 hours of slowly walking around the swap meet.
    4 days working out (not bad for being gone 1/2 the week)

Goals:
    1. Body fat - no change 52.4%
    2. Calories burned during cardio = 765 (does not include my 30-40 minutes of strength training as there is no way to monitor its change)
    3. Changing from increasing weights each week to total inches lost per week based upon 9 sites = 5.75"
    (sites include neck, under arms, chest, waist, hips, thigh, knee, arm, forearm)

Looking forward to getting back to the gym daily now that my schedule is back to normal. Work is starting to ramp up and already had to work Saturday. Those tax returns keep us CPA's working hard!

Hope everyone has a great and very successful week!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Got in my P90X KenpoX to burn 470 cals! Took my three yr old on the sled jogging! Burned close to 250 cals there!!! I am under my cals again BUT today I was bad at getting in MORE protein!
  • Jessica68
    I did good with making sure I got some IRON in today. Felt good.

I just got back from the gym, did 3miles - first mile was at 5.0 speed then did walk and run intervals.

The fast walk was at 4.0 and the run was at 6.0 but, short intervals. Every .10 of a mile I'd switch it up. This is much more faster than my short legs have ever done. But since I'm having a hard time running a straight 3 miles right now, I decided to do this and I'm sure its going to help me out in the long run. I could definitely feel it in my lungs after I was done. This is also what I did yesterday when I was struggling with a straight run.
  • Jessica68
    Got on the scale today and it was down another pound this morning! But I'm going to use that for a one pound advantage for next weeks weigh in If it stays on that scale of mine. lol!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Ok, I've been AWOL for a while. I should have been thinking about this over Christmas Vacation, but I was too busy socializing and eating.

I have a co-worker who dropped 100 pounds three years ago and he's kept it off, and stayed in real good shape. We talk a lot of shop. Anyway, he just gave me his Insanity DVD's this week. I've been looking for some more structure in my stregnth training program, and I've been trying to add some HIIT. After viewing the DVD's for Insanity I'm convinced this is the thing.

However, I have a 5K race in two weeks, and frankly I enjoy the endurance running too much to do away with it. So while I'm not going to do the Insanity program like Shaun T tells me to. I will be incorporating it into my routine.

With all that said, This workout week will be the most challenging week I have attempted. It will take a lot of mental toughness as I'm sure there will be some sore muscles in the morning. If I am successful at doing this, the pounds have to come off.

It all boils down to this:
    Weigh in this AM: 276.6 lbs (I maintained over the Holiday's, which was my goal)
    Three Goals for the Week:
    -Complete Week 3 of Gateway to 8K running program (If weather does not permit running, do something similar on Wii Fit Plus. (I refuse to use, nor do I have access to a treadmill)
    -On Non running days do Days 1,2,3 of Insanity
    -Do NOT Drink ANY soda, outside of my weekly Mt Dew during my Friday morning commute. I have been getting by on Diet Coke the rest of the time, and while it has been a crutch for a year, it's time to give it up.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Hello everyone, your all doing great! Bigtest1, Jessica and Rainman..great job on your loss!!! Rainman, 6 pounds....DUDE!!! Verda, I love your intensity!!!

I only lost 1 pound, scale stayed the same Friday and today...oh bother, but hey at least it is a loss, I was stuck for a long time. I am bringing it every day, I feel stronger and I can see some muscles popping out here and there, so I'm going to try to stay positive...but that scale doesn't give me to much each week!:ohwell:

My week 1 down Jan 4 thru10-2010

current weight
    10 hours 18 minutes ---total fitness hours

212 minutes
    cardio minutes
    7 days
    under calories for day
    5 days
    no late night snacking

Good luck everyone for next week!
  • vhuber
    Ok, I've been AWOL for a while. I should have been thinking about this over Christmas Vacation, but I was too busy socializing and eating.

I have a co-worker who dropped 100 pounds three years ago and he's kept it off, and stayed in real good shape. We talk a lot of shop. Anyway, he just gave me his Insanity DVD's this week. I've been looking for some more structure in my stregnth training program, and I've been trying to add some HIIT. After viewing the DVD's for Insanity I'm convinced this is the thing.

However, I have a 5K race in two weeks, and frankly I enjoy the endurance running too much to do away with it. So while I'm not going to do the Insanity program like Shaun T tells me to. I will be incorporating it into my routine.

With all that said, This workout week will be the most challenging week I have attempted. It will take a lot of mental toughness as I'm sure there will be some sore muscles in the morning. If I am successful at doing this, the pounds have to come off.

It all boils down to this:
    Weigh in this AM: 276.6 lbs (I maintained over the Holiday's, which was my goal)
    Three Goals for the Week:
    -Complete Week 3 of Gateway to 8K running program (If weather does not permit running, do something similar on Wii Fit Plus. (I refuse to use, nor do I have access to a treadmill)
    -On Non running days do Days 1,2,3 of Insanity
    -Do NOT Drink ANY soda, outside of my weekly Mt Dew during my Friday morning commute. I have been getting by on Diet Coke the rest of the time, and while it has been a crutch for a year, it's time to give it up.
    Hey Mr. AWOL it is good to see you back! Looks tough but attitude is the key, you can do it! I still do Insanity along with some of my P90X and it is way more EXTREME than the P90X. I am going to do the P90X for my ninety day goal, so far just a little soreness, I am soooo glad i have been lifting weights for some time! I think doing just the Insanity workout you will drop the pounds. Do you wear a HRM? Remember to make sure and eat! I was sorta dieting and some days in the max month I would litteraly crash! Another member said to mix a Tbsp of whey protien with any juice but oJ or grapefruit and drink it, it is a recovery drink and it truly works. (i would sip through out the workout) ! I wish ya the best in your ninety day challenge! As Shaun T says
    peace out!
    Verda
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Hey everyone

Sorry I have not really had the chance to say much until now. My laptop was broken and too annoying to use.
    We bought a new one today (where all the keys work yay!) :laugh:
    So you will read more of me from now.

Rainman, way to go! I wish I was 6 lbs down! :drinker:
    Everyone else has done so well too, congrats to you guys.

Here my results:

10. January 2010:

181 lbs Start Weight -> Current Weight 179 lbs, down 2 lbs

Challenge goals for the next 90 days:
    1) at least 60 days at/under calorie target (tbc at 90 day mark)
    2) at least 03 hours exercise per week - yes, done
    3) at most 01 day per week with carbs (= bread, pasta or rice) - no, I had 3 days :smooched: still better than before.

Due to the annoying old laptop I couldnt be bothered filling in my food and exercise diaries everyday, which shall change from now on too.

Roll on Week 2!

Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Jessica68
    Way to go Hani! Isnt it nice to be in the 70's awwe..I cant wait until I get there! Good job!
  • vhuber
    Just reporting in:
    I've exercised for an hour or more 10 of the 10 in 2010!
    Completed my first week of P90X (11 more to go)
    I've been good at upping my protein.
    I went one day over on cals
    I've had some dessert's but I have been figuring them in my cals and I am not doing to bad!
    I still weigh 148#
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Hey everyone. I only lost .4 pounds this week but at least it is a loss, lol. I will post my goal accomplished tomorrow.
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Way to go Hani! Isnt it nice to be in the 70's awwe..I cant wait until I get there! Good job!

Hi Jessica,

yes it's great. :drinker:

I keep telling myself every day: "today is the heaviest I will ever be" !

I will never go above 180 lbs ever again!

:flowerforyou: we can do this
  • Jessica68
    Good morning Hani, from Texas

Thats a great way to think, and yes we can do this!
  • boggs68
    boggs68 Posts: 18
    Hello all,

It has been a few days but we got everything moved in and set up and am still waiting for them to come and get internet in to the house. Well here is my status for the week...

Weight 231.8 lbs. Previous week 235. -3.2 for the week
    Averaged 8.3/miles a day
    Does moving furniture all week qualify as my weight training?

I did have 2 days of late night snacking but that was due more to the crazytschedule but it was not healthy stuff either.

With all that and getting settled in I expect a great week this week and some good results next monday.
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member

Hi Jessica,

yes it's great. :drinker:

I keep telling myself every day: "today is the heaviest I will ever be" !

I like that!!
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    well good morning all! I just had to report in that today is a good day, I had to bring in treats this morning for work since its my bday and I had the willpower NOT to eat them. I made mini muffins that are blueberry and apple cinnamon. They smell great and I sat there and ate my banana! I usually don't have the willpower if there is free food I'm all over it!

This coming weekend (the 16th) is when I'm celebrating, My best friend will be back and we are going to a hockey game and most likely we will be eating out after the game. I'm hoping to stay even but If I gain just a little I won't get mad at myself.

I go to the Dr this Wed so lets hope he has good news for me. The arm is still numb and that worries me some and if I use it to much OMG the muscles just pull and I have NO strength in it at all. That is frustrating but in time it will be back to normal. I keep trying to think of good thoughts but I do get down from time to time but I know I can do this. So I'm asking that you all keep me in your thoughts and work out for me too!

We are ALL doing great and this site is the key and the GREAT support I'm getting from this group! THANK YOU!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    today is a good day, I had to bring in treats this morning for work since its my bday

We are ALL doing great and this site is the key and the GREAT support I'm getting from this group! THANK YOU!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Tracy, Happy Birthday to you!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Hope your day is great, hope your weekend is even better, but I hope your Doctors appointment is the best!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well, just finished a pretty intense workout, burned over a 1,000 calories....Talk with you later.
This discussion has been closed.