Friend Requesters - Is it really that hard...

Options
12345679»

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Ok, I was guilty of sending the blank ones at first because I was new and didn't know exactly how to approach anyone. I just requested to folks who were on a similiar forum that had the same views. Now that I see how easily offensive this can be to some people, I quit sending requests at all unless I really like this person, and I have to really like them a lot and to review their profiles to put forth the effort to tap something out.
    I get blank ones, I have no issues with it. Once I view their profile, if they're creepy, I decline.
    All is right with the world.
    :bigsmile:

BTW, can't the person who originally posted the question, delete it so it's not bumped? It seems there are folks with an issue with that as well. I ask because I don't know.
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I really don't see the big deal message or no message. I'm a big girl if I accept your blank friend request I can always go back and delete it later if I decide you don't fit into my world. Geeez people life is way to short to take things so serious.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm not bothered about messages from friend requests because this is a weight loss/exercise site, not facebook. I have no personal info here and the only reason I have friends on here is to inspire me to keep it up and to compare myself to or find ideas of things to do/eat. For that reason, I wouldn't decline a friend request as I see no negative that can come from a friend unless they turned out to be a troll of course, which I have never seen happen here.

^^This 100%.

I can't believe a lot of you get so annoyed when people don't write a message. I don't type out a message when adding friends. I actually wish that option didn't exist. This is a weight loss/exercise/fitness site. Obviously, 9/10 if someone sends you a request, they want to be friends with you & maybe want some support or help support you on your journey.
    My page is also private and view-able by friends only because I don't want the entire world to know what I'm posting.

I can't believe you needed to bump a thread over two months old.

It doesn't matter how old the thread is.

No one said it mattered. You stated something you couldn't believe. I stated something I couldn't believe.

Now please get back to quoting people's responses from two months ago.

Will do.
  • Lbradd
    Lbradd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the mere fact that we're both on this site shows that we have something in common-- we care about getting our health in line or keeping it in line. Why does everyone expect a personal message from someone?

About 95% of the time I do send a message because it's rare that i try to add people...but there are times I don't send a message. If I don't get accepted as a "friend" that's fine.

^ What she said. I have sent blank requests because obviously we ARE all here because we're interested in getting our health and bodies to what we want them to be and we're looking for support or friends on the same journey...for that reason I accept all friend requests, blank or not. I don't get many and I also don't send out many but regardless, to me this is a place to help each other and even get tips and motivation. Unless someone sent me a request and a message that was completely negative, I would accept it. But everyone has their own opinions. It's your profile and you are entitled to decide who you share it with.