Excited about Lance Armstrong!

Options

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I don't think he ever said "I'm sorry I doped." He never confessed to actually doing drugs.
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    I thought being an athlete was about what your body can do. Not what your body can do with drugs and enhancements. This forum is a losing battle considering it's poster is clearly someone who uses and supports the use of these drugs. He'll argue until he's dying from whatever mistakes he's put in his body.

I always loved Lance Armstrong but I despise liars. He lied and continued to lie throughout all of the mess he made. I don't care about his apology or how sympathetic he is now that he's lost everything.
  • Shelbsta22
    Options
    So I'm from Austin and I've met Lance a few times.. mostly at restraunts or his cycling events that he associated with.
    I DO NOT care about what he put in his body or lied about. Personally, I think he's brave as heck to have battled cancer and keep riding. HOWEVER... HE IS A COMPLETE JERK!
    He is by far one of the most self-centered people I have ever met. With that said, I know I'm going to get feedback about 'how can you say that- he's the founder of LiveStrong that fundraises money for others... etc.'
    Yes, I was once a firm believer in him being a good guy. Until I saw him act like a self-centered celeb. who thinks the entire world revolves around him.
    Mr. Armstrong.. you are completely OVER RATED! :frown:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    why would you want to put that stuff in your body?
    I mean I dont care
    I think if people want roids or chemicals to bulk up
    we should just have a procedure for doctors to perscribe it

That way you get clean needles and know you are absolutely getting what you pay for.

Not trying to judge you but is body building your occupation? Does you income depend on your physique?

How do you even know what he put in his body? You've condemned something you know nothing about. If we are going to that level, why use lipator? Let's ban that too! Let's be honest, the average person with high cholesterol is overweight and eats like crap. Let's just write them a script that says buy some cheerio's and go for a walk fatty. Or how about Chantix? You are so weak you can't quit smoking, so here's a drug for it, oh, by the way, one possible side effect is suicide! I can keep going on this one forever.
    Yeah, I'm totally sorry I want the stuff that makes me a world class athlete at 40+ years old. What the hell was I thinking ?

Because you said in your post dumb *kitten* that you want to use what he uses to get stong
    I assume it is a chemical drug off some sort
    maybe i am wrong maybe he just rubs steroids on his legs in the form of cream before a race?
    As far as other drugs for quitting smoking and such did I not say in my post i am not aborred towards it?
    To get it legal in some form so people wont hurt themselves doing it the wrong way?
    I dont understand why you are being confrontational when I agreed with 99 percent of what you said?
    Roid rage?

What's with the name calling? It's a different opinion than yours, yes. But calling his posterior a name doesn't strengthen your argument.

I have nothing to add here, will go back to lurking and not picking sides in the LA debate.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I mean I dont care

That way you get clean needles and know you are absolutely getting what you pay for.

Not trying to judge you but is body building your occupation? Does you income depend on your physique?

How do you even know what he put in his body? You've condemned something you know nothing about. If we are going to that level, why use lipator? Let's ban that too! Let's be honest, the average person with high cholesterol is overweight and eats like crap. Let's just write them a script that says buy some cheerio's and go for a walk fatty. Or how about Chantix? You are so weak you can't quit smoking, so here's a drug for it, oh, by the way, one possible side effect is suicide! I can keep going on this one forever.
    Yeah, I'm totally sorry I want the stuff that makes me a world class athlete at 40+ years old. What the hell was I thinking ?

Because you said in your post dumb *kitten* that you want to use what he uses to get stong
    maybe i am wrong maybe he just rubs steroids on his legs in the form of cream before a race?
    As far as other drugs for quitting smoking and such did I not say in my post i am not aborred towards it?
    To get it legal in some form so people wont hurt themselves doing it the wrong way?
    I dont understand why you are being confrontational when I agreed with 99 percent of what you said?
    Roid rage?
    What are you 12? I was with you until you decided that name-calling like a child would support your argument. Next.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I mean I dont care

Roid rage?

Before calling someone a dumbass you should probably learn to read. I said a list of what he DOES and how he DOES it. Seriously, you even quoted me, the words I typed were less than an inch from the response you created, yet you still failed to get it right. He can DO 1000 squats a day, not USE 1000 squats a day. What he 'does' doesn't automatically mean straight drugs. I guess my Roid Rage trumps your public education.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I mean I dont care

Honestly I'd legalize every drug on the planet if it were up to me. I don't care what other adults do with their bodies as long as they don't do crazy stuff that endangers mine.

However, the rules of the sport forbade these drugs. He chose to compete in this sport and broke those rules, along with many others, no doubt while the money hungry sponsors and officials looked the other way whenever possible.

That is the issue at hand, not whether drugs are good or bad. He cheated. Lots of people did. Lots of people made money while turning a blind eye to what was going on. As was said in the other thread, that's typical when big money is involved.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Who cares...everyone cheats, NO ONE is perfect! He'll always be a 7-time Tour de France winner to me...
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The thing that I hate about Lance Armstrong is how he destroyed people who spoke against him and they were telling the truth! He should go to jail for perjury. Now he is finally admitting it and people will say "Aw Poor Lance - he had cancer so we must forgive him.

He was a bully and is not a nice person.

Gregg Lemond was a great cyclist back in the day and he didn't use performance enhancing drugs.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    He won't publish or iterate through his recipe at all. This isn't about an apology. It's about protecting/repairing the revenue stream for LiveStrong. I know I've stopped supporting them.

It's not an apology, he's just trying to restore the cash flow for his charity....

It's about $$$$.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    and he shouldn't have won 7 tours!!!!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I thought being an athlete was about what your body can do. Not what your body can do with drugs and enhancements. This forum is a losing battle considering it's poster is clearly someone who uses and supports the use of these drugs. He'll argue until he's dying from whatever mistakes he's put in his body.

My list of 'performance enhancing drug' are as follows
    Creatine in the form of Jack3d or Con-cret
    Protein in the form of VPX or Optimum Nutrition
    Caffeine, in the form of coffee
    end of list.
    all legal and all sold over the counter.
    I have no sponsors, no drug testing at work, no competitions I'm aiming for, and no reason to lie about it
    But hey, good job at failing!

I do however, believe in science, believe that we pick and choose what and who we hate for reasoning that makes little to no sense, and really do not care if people want to use something that improves their performance. If there is something out there that makes you bigger, stronger, faster, with little to no side effects sign me up~!
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    To the original poster; do you feel that PED serve as a tool to restore competitive equality?

No judgement, just trying to understand your perspective.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    What pisses me off about Lance Armstrong was his smug, holier-than-thou attitude the whole time he was cycling/doping. Keep in mind that he not only used PED's (which I could honestly care less about), but sued people for defamation, strong-armed and threatened those who exposed him, and accepted donations to his charity under false pretenses.

I don't so much think the "everyone else was doing it, so it's OK" really should apply. I think my parents taught me when I was 5 that this wasn't really the right attitude to have going through life.

Lance's "apology" is totally calculated and completely self-serving, and I hope the public doesn't forgive him for what he's done. If Lance was really apologetic, he'd donate the money he's made from cycling to charity, and not throw everyone else in his organization under the bus so he could compete earlier. Of course he's admitting to it now - he has nothing to lose now that his Tour titles have been revoked, his endorsements are gone, and even his OWN CHARITY has had to drop him as spokesman.

He is a pretty ****ty person, and not so much for the doping, but for how he handled the entire thing. I won't be watching the Oprah episode because (besides the fact Oprah annoys me) his "remorse" would probably make me throw up in my mouth.

If you avoid charities that except donations under false pretenses I really hope you also avoid Susan G. Komen. It doesn't get much more dirty, filled with lies, and bullying than those people http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/WhoTheHellIsBen/view/cancer-the-big-business-to-keep-it-alive-463780 ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh but wait, there's no media, facebook, uproar to tell you to hate them, nevermind, carry on
    Actually, there *was* huge media uproar that told you to avoid them.

But, nice try.
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering why he is being stripped of all of his titles but athletes in other sports accused of or caught doing the same thing wasn't? I say what is fair is fair. Treat them all the same.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Also, it's Lance Armstrong...he hasn't raced in years. Who gives a ****?
  • Lefty634
    Options
    I know I got my first good nights sleep in years last night now that Lance has come clean. My gawd Congress spent millions on all the baseball players and really we still have homeless vets out there jeez.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Also, it's Lance Armstrong...he hasn't raced in years. Who gives a ****?

But it was on the news this morning!!! They tell me what to care about every day.... get with the program!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I mean I dont care

Roid rage?

Holy personal attack, Batman.