Senior Golden Sneakers~~~~For June~~~~~

Options

Replies

• Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! What a glorious day we had after thunder storms though the night. The mosquitoes continue to be terrible. I was at a work retreat this morning and the treat this afternoon was a river cruise. We couldn't find a place to park and had to reroute to a parking place across the street. We ended up being 4 minutes late and even though we had pre-purchased tickets they wouldn't wait. We got there just as they were pulling out. I was annoyed but ok as I have done the river cruise a few other times. The woman with me has just moved here and has never done the cruise. I felt bad for her. They did give us two tickets to be used any time and I gave her mine so she can take her family at a reduced price.

I have seriously fallen off the wagon this week. I am still going to to to WW tomorrow and suck it up when I get weighed. A new week awaits me, one with no special occasions!

Marie -- I hope you are going to continue with this group!!

Take care everyone and keep smiling. Gayla :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Took a one hour walk with Jake this afternoon......this is the first walk we've taken in a long time due to the nasty weather (he's walked the golf course on other days and I've walked at the dog park every day but this was the first walk together.....sunny 64 degrees and a tiny breeze)bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile We deserved a nice time together after a mind numbing discussion of Medicare supplement insurance.laugh laugh laugh the dogs thought they had been forgotten but I took them to the dog park after supper.

:flowerforyou: Marie, you have been our faithful leader for the year and I half I have been on MFP and for a few months before that so it's time to pass the leadership on to someone else........we expect you to keep on posting.....we need to know what's going on with you......you have become a great friend to Jake and me.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Gayla, I feel sad just thinking about the boat leaving the dock without you:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:flowerforyou: Sandy, the wedding sounds great......I haven't been to a fancy wedding in a really long time (probably good for my calorie consumption:laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Some of our roses look fabulous and others are growing slowly (the ones in the more shady areas)...some of my seeds are sprouting so spring is really here, of course it's already summer, but up north things are different.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: don't forget to drink lots of water

:flowerforyou: I hope the people who haven't been posting are busy and active outdoors and enjoying the summer season:bigsmile:
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Hi Family!

I am still here! I will list below what has happened since my last post!

Visited Mother in law and she refused to get out of car! Had to give her a shot of haldol.

Mother in law has pneumonia, in the hospital and has mentally snapped! Took 3 people to get into ambulance and 3 hospital staff to restrain her at hospital. Still there and meaner than you can imagine!

Tornado missed our house by 100 yards, hit my friends. All ok!

2 job interviews. Outcome unknown.

Good doctors report today. I am in the 95% percentile of health and fitness for men my age.

Training very very very hard for triathlon on Saturday.

Ran a race on Saturday came in 4th.

Had to replant garden again.

This was the first Fathers Day that at least one of the girls were not home. But they called and I love them.

Marie I don't blame you for the face book delete! Good for you!

Irene I will add you to my prayer list. Keep us posted as you can.

Barbie thanks for the kind wishes.

Sandy keep your head down tomorrow. Supposed to be rough again.

Birdie nice to read your post.

Gayla you are a kind soul!

Take care! It has been nuts here!

Jeffrey

PS I think I am ready for the triathlon! I will try to remember post a link so you can all see the results.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Marie, Keep well. We want to know how you are doing.

Gayla, Sorry you "missed the boat" on your cruise.

Jeffrey, I am glad that tornado missed your house and that everyone is ok. Sorry about your garden. Good luck with your training and your job hunting.

Barbie, It was nice down here today also. The doggies and I were out for over an hour today, despite Mai Li's best imitation of a boat anchor:noway: :laugh: --you know, dragging along at a snail's pace. This was NOT in the heat of the day either. It was cooler and almost dark out and she just didn't want to "git along." She came home and barked at me :grumble: because Bradley got his food before she did.:ohwell:

I know I am forgetting someone, or several someones, but I am tired, and just wanted to check in so no one thought I dropped off the face of the earth.

Barb
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Quiet so far today! Yeaaaaa!

Getting ready to head to the pool or lake for a light swim workout.

I wish you all a great day!

Jeffrey
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Shhhhhh............my house is so quiet. :bigsmile: My daughter and her family left this morning, heading back to Minnesota. It was a great week with lots of fun and lots of activities. It is always nice to see family but it is so nice when they leave. :tongue:

Time to get back to some serious exercising and watching those calories. In spite of it all, I really didn't gain, maybe a pound which I think I can lose quickly, not like those last three that are determined to hang on. :laugh:

Started out raining today but turned into a beautiful but really hot day. :flowerforyou:

Will be back to checking in daily and hope you are all well and content people.

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    That tornado was mighty close to you. So glad you are all safe.These tonado are popping up everywhere. We had a very mild year as far as tornado goes
    Sandyl glad you got you house back to yourself. I love to see my familyBut glad when they leave.

Sandy I would love to see you take this over if you would. Pretty please.!!!!!!!!!!! I am not leavinghere just dropping out of the leadership.You might say I am retireing.you did such a good job thru out the year. For Us. We have a great bunch here.

Sammy did a horrible thing yesterday. He caught our little botail squrrell Whose know Sammy might have got his tail too.
    Any way he died. I will missed him he has been around for 3 years. The others would not have nothing to do with him He was always by his self
    Love Marie.. I would missed you all if I couldn't hear from you all,
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: Marie, I am so sorry about the squirrel.....I'm sure that Sammy is sorry too...:brokenheart: :brokenheart:

Sandy, I'm glad you had a good time with your family...we haven't had family visitors in a long time

Jeffrey, enjoy your light workout....I can't imagine you going a day without some sort of workout

we had temperatures over 70 degrees today......I had to figure out how to carry my phone, keys, drivers license, pedometer, and poop bags without a coat because there aren't enough pockets in my jeans to hold everything.....the girls drank a lot of water and rested more than usual because of the heat......they had two other poodles to play with.....we have all the windows open and fans turned on :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

we were up early again today to do yoga before Jake headed for the golf course and I went to line dance.......life is good :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Of course I will change the months Marie, just make sure you don't disappear on us or we will come looking for you. :laugh:

We had another violent storm with tornado warnings all over the place. We were lucky and our sirens never went off but we had a lot of thunder, lightning and rain. I shut my computer down when there is lightning, I am afraid it will burn out my computer.
    There was a lot of damage with trees falling but again not on our block. I hope Jeffrey is ok because it was heading his way.

I will be back tomorrow since I am trying to catch up with all that I missed while my family was here.

Hope you have a sunny day tomorrow.

Sandy
  • Lafla
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just a quick note to let you know that I am down 1.6 pounds! Glad for that!! Back tomorrow. Sleep tight everyone.
    Gayla :yawn:
  • jeffrey71
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Sandy did you get hit with weather last night? We had 3 tornados around us, but they all missed. We lost power until this morning. No damage here but it was a wild weather night.

Marie good to hear from you! Whats up for the weekend with you?

Barbie tell Jake hello. How is the yoga going? I have a little to do tonight.

Gayla glad to see the new post! Good for you!

The last 2 days I have had triple bricks, swim, bike, and run workouts. Yesterday I added a strength and ab workout. I was going to keep it short and light but I got bored. LOL today I swam 600 yards to loosen up and I will swim again this afternoon for open water practice. The race is Saturday, it looks like the field will max out at the limit of 750 participants. It is supposed to be hot and humid which I like. I just hope to finish standing upright!

That is about all from Indiana for now! I will try to check back later today.

God Bless you all!

Jeffrey
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    :sad: Sad, sad day. My daughter's best friend's brother was killed on a motorcycle this morning. DD has been friends with his sister for 35 years. She was.... and is like an adopted daughter to me.:brokenheart: :cry:
    We talked about abuse the other day and I believe this was the result of it. This young man went through a horrible divorce. His wife made fun of him and even had her boyfriend call him and laugh at him. He has done nothing but drink and be careless on his motorcycle. Late in the night....I'm sure he was drinking and no helmet......Abuse can kill. Rest in peace Anthony:cry::brokenheart:
    BirdieM:frown:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    You will do good this weekend Jeffrey Stayed away from the storms. We did get some rain in the Dallas area. But not a drop for us.

Birdie---Sorry about you daughter best friend Brother.Drinking and driving don't mixed.

Has anyone heard from IreneBless her heart.I am praying for her uick rcvoery.

I check into getting me a power chair this morning. Now I just have to wait for the ppper work to go thru

Have a good night . Love Marie..
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Everybody, finally, we're the ones with the good weather......sunshine, temps in the 70's......all the windows open.....no more wool socks or long underwear.....life is good.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Barbie is not the only one with SUMMER weather, AT LAST!! We had our SECOND day of 80 degree weather!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: It is officially summer-- I sat on the patio of my favorite riverfront restaurant and had a shrimp salad and a beer for lunch on their patio!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Doggies got two walks in the sunshine today. They are getting "buffed and fluffed" tomorrow, so I will have clean little doggies at least for a few days:bigsmile:

Birdie,
    So sorry to hear about your daughter's friend's loss. How very sad.

Sandy and Jeffrey--Glad the tornadoes are skipping over you.

Marie-Take care of yourself. We enjoy hearing from you. Keep cool!!

Barb
  • Lafla
    Options
    Hi everyone. I wanted to get on now in case tomorrow gets away from me, I wanted to wish you good luck for Saturday's big race, Jeffrey. I know you will do great.

Birdie -- Such a sad story and an all too common one. I know your daughter will be such a good support to her friend.

Barb and Barbie -- Yeah for warm weather. Glad everyone has stayed safe in stormy weather. We are still getting crazty daily rains but between the rains it is nice and warm. It does make it hard to get into the perennial beds as they are always wet!

Marie -- I hope the chair works out for you. I should take a picture of my yard for you. It looks like a park with this continuous rainfall. Our lawn care people were here today to fertilize and Dave feels like he is cutting the grass every other day. Oh well, it does look nice.

Sleep tight everyone. Gayla :heart:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday!! No rain today but more expected over the weekend. When they forecast the weather lately they don't say rain expected, they say storms.:angry: I am sick of rain and want nothing but sunshine and hot weather for our short summer. :explode:

Good Luck Jeffrey in your race tomorrow, I will guarantee you to be in the top ten. :bigsmile: Glad you didn't get hit by a tornado, our weather sure has been scary lately hasn't it?

Gayla, congratulations on the weight loss, doesn't it feel good? I keep meaning to take some pictures of my flowers also, I think I will try to remember to do that today. :tongue:

Birdie, I am so sorry for your and your daughter's loss, to lose such a good friend is so sad. How cruel of his ex wife to be so mean to him. She is going to have to live with this horrible accident, knowing she had a role in his dying. So sad.

I am glad the Barb's are finally getting some warm weather so they can get rid of those winter clothes they have been wearing.
    I am sure the doggies like it better cool, but we have to warm our old bones sometimes.

Marie, the chair sounds wonderful and I think you will love it. Don't forget to still walk as much as possible, you don't want to stiffen up too much. :wink:

Not sure what my plan is for today, might just stay in and relax for a change.

Have a great weekend.

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Jeffrey I wnat to wish you good luck to This week end too. Let us know ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy I know your back yard is nice for I remember the pictures from last year.
    Daisy is such a cuted pie,

i can't imagine anybody being cold this time of the year. We did get a shower this morning and cool things off quite a bit.

Have a wonderful weekend everbody.

Marie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! Another rain storm during the night, but just loud thunder and lightning. The sun is shining brightly and it looks like it will be a beautiful day until tonight when more storms are expected.:explode:

Jeffrey usually has our weather so he should have a great day for his run, good luck big uh I mean little guy!!!

Marie I forgot I posted pictures last year time sure does go fast these days. I hope you are doing well and never forget about us if even just to say hi. :heart:

I know everyone is busy over the weekends but enjoy the nice days with friends and loved ones.

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    GOOD LUCK JEFREY BE CHEERING FOR YOU.

IRENE, HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A PLEASANT DAY.

DAISY OUGHT TO BE NICE AND TRIM WALAKING 3 MILES. i DON'T BELIEVE SAMMY COULD WALK THAT FAR. bUT WOULD LOVE TRYING.

yOU ALL HAVE A PLEASANT DAY.

:flowerforyou: :heart: MARIE