Turn your Life around 20's

Replies

• ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Hello everyone. You guys mind if I join? I'm a bit young at 19 but I'll be in my 20's soon enough.

You are totally welcome to join! Way to get a head start on 20. It sneaks up on you quick. then next thing you know your 22 lol. We do weigh in on fridays, so today. And we do a weekly challenge. Meg had a great idea but she hasn't posted yet today so keep your eyes open for it!
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Welcome to the newbies and welcome back everyone else....

So totally disappeared for the week, stupid work! Heading to the great state of Texas sunday night for two weeks of work fun.... excited but not at the same time.

Meg - i think there is some truth to the muscle thing, but i was unaware it was due to water. When my BF and I really lift we do every 3rd day a different group of muscles so Day 1 Chest/tris; Day 2 - back and bi's and day 3 legs, shoulders and abs. He rotates so he can recover from each excersise so that he can maintain and increase his max. He gets notically puffy in the arms on bicep day but they goes away after a day, not weeks.

i would just see what your body feels like, if you feel puffy or not - he can tell when he is so i assume you would be able to notice in the smaller muscle groups.

Overall i like the shred, but am excited to try the BL last chance workout dvd when i go away - ive been saving it. Also i can prolly get up in my room do it on my computer and have some motivation for the day. i hate doing the shred at 10pm at night if at all with work. oh well....

Weigh in for the week was the same. Suprised i maintained for all of the french fries and take out ive eat - gotta get back on track - subway all the way when in texas... :)

Happy weekend everyone!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Hey everyone! Glad to see us all doing well, WELCOME charybdis... well I've had a busy week, coaching a lot of vball. I have to travel a lot for it. I've been eating healthy, I feel like crap when I don't so I have a good reason too! I went to dinner at the cheesecake factory and my friends wanted to order so we got to pieces but I only had a few bites, I would be sick otherwise, too much sugar! My weakness is lemon bars and I made some for my friends bday, had a couple but not too much. I didn't weigh in yet but I my clothes are fitting a little looser, I have been running a lot, I always slim down a little when I really put in the miles.... I'm not really trying to loose too much but I always do when I'm training for races, I've got a half in march and then hopefully my 2nd full in July or so, we'll see if my body can handle it, I swear playing volleyball for so many years added at least 15 years to my life, sometimes I feel like I'm 80 years old hahaha. Can't wait to hear megs new challenge idea!

Have a great weekend everyone! I will weigh myself sooooon....

~Leash :heart:
  • LMS3386
    LMS3386 Posts: 16
    Good morning everyone :)

I just wanted to take a peak in because I love the name of this thread. I'm Leah, and I'm 23 (almost 24..yikes) and am looking to lose 16 pounds right now. None of my friends are in the same position that I am, nor seem to understand, so it's nice to see other people my age going through what I am :)
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Ok so I weighed this week... 149 but I'm about to start and I've been going carb crazy. I am about to go to spinning though :). Ok so I have a challenge suggestion... Push ups are great for toning arms and abs, but they are hard! So I challenge us to do 10 push-ups a day. Try to do the real style pushups, not the girl style. If you can't do them all the way then thats fine. I am going to do 5 every morning and 5 every night, but yall can break them up however you'd like.

Who is in?
  • ashmarie8722
    Ah. Pushups... suck lol. But a good challenge they are what keep me from fulling enjoying some yoga routines. Lets do it!
  • LMS3386
    I did 90 minutes of cardio this morning...my legs are really paying for it! haha
  • ashmarie8722
    I did 90 minutes of cardio this morning...my legs are really paying for it! haha

I had a sore calf muscle from cardio yesterday. So i did yoga today. Felt better for a while but now i've been cleaning all day and it hurts again. :( The things we do to look good.
  • Kittany
    Kittany Posts: 31 Member
    Joining :) 25, married, 3 kids! :) I have an overweight person in excess to lose. -sigh- but I will do it!
  • LMS3386
    I was hoping to get in another 90 minutes today, but I think I should give my body a rest. I have a Pilates DVD lying around somewhere, maybe I'll break that out and do that for today if I don't make it to the gym.
  • VballLeash
    I'm off for a run, then push ups when I get back! :bigsmile: Enjoy your pilates video LM.... have a great day everyone!

• 22, recent college grad and working girl, and looking to get healthy so I can be the energetic outdoorsy girl I was and want to be again!
  • VballLeash
    22, recent college grad and working girl, and looking to get healthy so I can be the energetic outdoorsy girl I was and want to be again!

Welcome girl!!! I love your quote! Hope you like our little group :smile:

• Hi everyone, I'm currently 19 short of a couple months in turning 20. I joined recently and want to loose a total of 40 pounds. I need all the help i can get! :happy:
  • VballLeash
    Hi everyone, I'm currently 19 short of a couple months in turning 20. I joined recently and want to loose a total of 40 pounds. I need all the help i can get! :happy:

Welcome! We're happy to have you here :smile:

• Haha, thanks Alicia! It's my favorite quote, and boy does it work ;)
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Wow welcome all! Glad to see you here!

This weekend was good, I exercised and ate well! haha that is always an effort on the weekends. How did everyone elses weekend go?
  • Hello, My name is Melissa and I am 22. I would like to join this group. Are there any specifications like: weigh-in, challenges?
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Hello all! My name is Melissa. I turn 25 in July and I want to be in better shape by my 25th birthday!

I have been on this site for almost a year and had lost 15lbs initially. My boyfriend's eating habits have forced me to maintain but, I am ready to get back in control.

I ate at cici's (pizza buffet) and had wendy's spicy nuggets yesterday. I gathered the courage to weigh myself and I am starting at 158lbs.

I would like to be 138 and then reevaluate from there. I still plan on weighing in on Friday. I will report then!

I am currently living in Washington DC, but I am going out to California for a few months for work. I will probably be lonely but I need some support!

Hello everyone!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Also, how many cals are you ladies sticking to a day?
This discussion has been closed.