Low Carb-ers Challenge Part 7 Welcome all

Options

Replies

• ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hey everyone!! :happy:

i'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: a belated happy new year to the group:flowerforyou: :love:

Marie, thank you for the link & my sympathies/prayers for you!

Havent been on the thread since last year but i've been keeping up with eating and working out (except over the holidays lol) BUT great to be back with the group!! i missed y'all!!!! :heart:

How is everyone doing??????? Amy, Hambone, Marie, Lioness, Ivy....Sassy? Beach? Andrea?

some new faces also --- HIYA!! :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone is well! :drinker:

Positive thought:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
    ---Theodore Roosevelt.

keep up the great work:wink:

TTYS! :smile:
    Cas
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    i feel you guys on this one!!!!! BOTH of them need to be TKO! lol.... :laugh: that lovely time is here for me too & milk chocolate is calling........:grumble: gaining is so not the plan but always happens around here :noway: i tried sugar free hot chocolate this am and shockingly, it worked for the craving!! lol :laugh:
    Cas
    Diana, I know what you are saying. I was thinking the other day I could slap Eve:laugh: At least I know why have been inhaling carbs. The one good things is that is the only time my weight goes down. Go figure.

We have a sunny day here. I plan on it being a good day.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Ivy, actually I read an article that said our best calorie burning time is the second half of our cycle, so the 2 weeks right before our period. Supposedly the hormone change makes us burn more calories. So not so weird that you would drop then. The trick is not gaining during...for me anyway! I turn into a sweet freak! And by the way...slap Eve AND Adam...he was standing right there and didn't bother to stop her! lol
  • Gidget86
    Options
    Dianne
    I can so sympathize with you I am also 45 and last week I wanted to slap someone or something!
    I didn't even weigh in and I did eat some chocolate about 2 am! Arg all this is doing me no good
    anymore! I went online to see if there is a 'safe' way to end these cycles and of course not!

LOL I feel much better this week and lost a whole pound chocolate and all!!!
    Hang in there!

Good week so far I even excersized last night 'not much into excersize yet' but I'm trying, must have patience with the new me!
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    To all my fellow sufferers....UGH! lol By the way, I read once that the reason we crave chocolate is because it raises estrogen levels! So does Black Kohosh vitamins or black licorice. Both will help with hot flashes and night sweats. We women never get a break with this stuff do we!

I think the biggest change for me in the past year has been that I start getting cramps and bloating about 4-5 days before I start and then it lasts for 7-10 days....that doesn't leave much time during the month when I actually feel normal! I know this is part of what happens before it stops forever but OMG it really stinks right now! lol

Gidget, I have heard they can freeze our insides so we don't have this anymore but I am with you...I just can't get into something so un-natural. I have never even taken birth control! I am however going to ask my gyno if they can just take it out! lol Last time I went in she said something was up so maybe the next visit will be the good news! I know I will still have the moods and such but there shouldn't be any bloating or pain! lol

Marie...this is one you will know a lot more about and even get to say..'hahaha' to all of us!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Adam should be slapped twice:laugh: I asked my gyno to take it out at age 25. He said no I may want to have kids. I laughed. Unfortunately the doctors here will not perform elective hysterectomies. If they did I would be first in line. I am not adverse to taking hormones but I have hit the age barrier and I have genetic HBP so that is out. I don't bloat I get grrr. That is one reason I have been eating all the yogurt. Vitamin D is supposed to help also.

Try the hershey dark chocolate cocoa. It is 5 calories and 3 grams of fiber. It is very bitter though.

:drinker: Here's to post menopause
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    To all my fellow sufferers....UGH! lol By the way, I read once that the reason we crave chocolate is because it raises estrogen levels! So does Black Kohosh vitamins or black licorice. Both will help with hot flashes and night sweats. We women never get a break with this stuff do we!

I think the biggest change for me in the past year has been that I start getting cramps and bloating about 4-5 days before I start and then it lasts for 7-10 days....that doesn't leave much time during the month when I actually feel normal! I know this is part of what happens before it stops forever but OMG it really stinks right now! lol

Gidget, I have heard they can freeze our insides so we don't have this anymore but I am with you...I just can't get into something so un-natural. I have never even taken birth control! I am however going to ask my gyno if they can just take it out! lol Last time I went in she said something was up so maybe the next visit will be the good news! I know I will still have the moods and such but there shouldn't be any bloating or pain! lol

Marie...this is one you will know a lot more about and even get to say..'hahaha' to all of us!

Who me!!!!!!!!!! I didnt have any problems, They took it all out for I had cancer of the uteuce[ Have no ideal how to spell this ] but they got it all out and never had any problems/ Didn't even have to take chemo or radiations. This been at least 30 years ago. Marie
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Marie, I was just saying you could tell us how wonderful it is not not have to worry about it anymore! Sure glad you beat the cancer!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I am starting back to the gym on Saturday!!! My husband and I found a Christian based gym down the road from us and we have an orientation on Saturday morning!!! Wooo-hooooo, that will get me going to the gym on a regular basis again.

I am still making my long commute, but I am taking a positive approach to it and using it as wind down time. :)

Marie - I am sorry for the loss of your brother. I hope that in time God can heal your family and know that he is no longer suffering and is in a much better place.

I hope to hear from everyone soon!!

Love you all - my low carb family.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    So I'm Sitting here watching Oprah. They are talking about the diabetes epidemic. Dr. Oz did a presentation about how glucose effects your body. He said it is like glass shards striking your blood vessels. So next time I think about inhaling a large quantity of carbs especially when I have been sitting on my butt doing nothing all day. I will think all I am doing is ingesting glass shards.
    There was a lady 44 years of age who had amputations she had a transplant and needed another all because of diabetes. I think about the fact I have been insulin resistant since I was a child and no one knew it. That could have been me. By God's grace I saw and endocrinologist because of my hyperthyroidism who clued me in on the fact. That is one thing to be thankful about today.

Thank you for reading my rant.

Lioness, you are blessed to find a good gym and you an your husband can take this journey together. We all start over everyday.

I hope every one has a blessed day.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Marie, hope you are doing as well as you can today. :heart:

Hope everyone is have a good day staying dry and warm.

:heart:
  • ivykivy
    Options
    It's quiet. Hope everyone is having a good day. I finally had a pretty good string of days and am down 1.8 pounds. I guess the calorie increase and the C25K is the jolt my body needed.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and don't eat to much at the super bowl party tomorrow.
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    I was wondering if any of you with insulin resistance has low TSH levels? I have never been able to get a doctor to treat my thyroid even though when the bottom of the 'normal' range scale is .21, my levels come back at like .22. This has been going on for years. I recently read something about that being an indicator of insulin resistance. Can any or all of you enlighten me please?

Thanks!

Hope eveyone is having a great weekend!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Diana, I haven't heard of low tsh being a sign of insulin resistance. I know hyperthyroidism can cause insulin resistance. I will ask my endocrinologist next time I see her. In the book I have on it the indicators are low HDL, high LDL, waist circumference more than 35 in, triglycerides > 150, blood pressure> 130/85, bmi>25, fasting glucose 110-126.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody just wanted to check in...been awhile. I recently went back to work part time but it seems as if I'm full time plus some...not too sure how that happened. On the bright side, I don't get the temptation to eat out of boredom.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Crys
  • Slipperystar
    Slipperystar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey all, well I've had very good luck with LC before, so am giving it a go here....that, and as well watching my calories pretty strictly, and of course, exercising! Wish me luck!!!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

Ivy, thanks for the info. ;o)

Marie, how are you doing?

Glad things are going well for you Clover! Being busy does help with snacking that is for sure!

Welcome Slipprystar! If you look back a little way in the thread you will find some great recipes for some yummy stuff! We have an awsome group here!

My weekend wasn't too bad with eating except for yesterday. I went to lunch with a friend at a mexican resturaunt and it was calorie and carb city! I even had TWO raspberry daiquiri! It was very yumm and a rare occasion for me so....it's all good. But I wasn't about to get on the scale this morning! lol

Have a great day all!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Welcome, Slipperystar.

Congrats on finding employment Cloverluv.

Diana, you're welcome. Well raspberries are good for you:bigsmile: I figure whatever you're eating should be either good for you ore good to you:laugh: Glad you enjoyed the day with your friend.

How are you Marie our Flax Queen:flowerforyou:

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Welcome back Crys. So glad to see you are back.

Slipperystar Welcome to our group. We are a happy bunch. so glad you decided to join us. Let us know if we can help you in any way.

Hi Diana. I am doing fine. Its raining here and will all day. I hope to get back on track today. things are getting back to normal.

Ivy,,Hows things going with you.

Amy, still making that flax bread. I just had a chocolate chips muffin for breakfast

Lioness---Did the team win that you wanted to. I was for the Saints and they pulled it off . to the surprise of many people

Have a wonderful day

Marie
  • DumBunny
    Options
    Hey all! I'm just getting back on Atkins. It worked for me before after I had my son (he's now 7) when I lost 65 lbs. I was 110 before him and about 180 after him. I really ate for 2, LOL.

Well, all the weight came back after my Mom died in 2003 and just kept coming back. I got up to 190 and am now back down to 145 (I was 137 a couple weeks ago but slacked off.)

Sooo, since I got stalled and sick of the Scarsdale diet I was doing I'm going back on Atkins. At least I can eat, LOL!

So HI to everyone!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hi DumBunny. and welcome to our thread. We are all on difference low carb diet here. They all work if you stick with them. I am on the Met b miracle diet . I have not lost much but sure feel better.

Be looking for you around here more.

Marie