Tattoos, yes or no?

Options

Replies

• ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have one. I hate it. Its not a place where it shows which I was happy I did that. Someday when I am old people will think I was a badass....
  • BreezyLuv
    Options
    I have both feet, both side of my chest, both forearms, left calve, left hand, and my right upper arm half sleeved out. I guess you could say I support tattoos? =)
  • Dr_Steve_Brule
    Options
    In my professional opinion, it depends on why you are getting a tattoo. If you get a tattoo for someone else, that is the wrong reason. Never get a tattoo for a person.

If you get a tattoo for yourself, that is the right reason. You will never cheat on yourself with a the pool boy while your husband is off to the office for months then he comes home early with roses in hand and champagne just to find out why the sheets always had a smell.

Plus, getting a tattoo removal from your butt is painful....

Enjoy
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, but waited until later in life to get them. They are still not 100% accepted and can hurt you in certain career paths. Like some on here have said, but be careful where you get the tattoo and use a good licensed artist.
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    yes please.
  • b1g_tun4
    Options
    In my professional opinion, it depends on why you are getting a tattoo. If you get a tattoo for someone else, that is the wrong reason. Never get a tattoo for a person.

If you get a tattoo for yourself, that is the right reason. You will never cheat on yourself with a the pool boy while your husband is off to the office for months then he comes home early with roses in hand and champagne just to find out why the sheets always had a smell.

Plus, getting a tattoo removal from your butt is painful....

Enjoy

I am glad to know Dr. Steve Brule is on MFP. I thought with your artificial second stomach you wouldn't need it.

"I like to eat bad foods for me...but I don't want to get fat like a tub o lard"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INfEyMvb2-E
  • LaylaJo
    LaylaJo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    In all honesty? Do whatever you feel like doing! People you love should be your first choice. I personally love tattoos. I have two. But sweetie, do whatever you think is best. Just an personal opinion. ;)
  • LaylaJo
    Options
    This! LOL
  • LaylaJo
    Options
    What am i gonna do when I get older?
    well... I think im going to hang out with other bad *kitten* seniors:

http://imgur.com/a/PRFZ2

This!! LOL
  • LaylaJo
    Options
    Wondering where you guys who are saying that you can't get hired if you have tattoos? There are many professionals who have tattoos (not covered up) here where I live. In Canada. If you can't get a job BECAUSE of a tattoo that's discrimination. Or clearly you weren't qualified enough or weren't up to their standard. I know lawyers who have neck tattoos, drs who have tattoos on wrists. My friend who is an accountant has a sleeve tattoo and wears tank tops in the summer to her job.

Remember tattoos do not make you look hard core to the point you are unemployable. It's all a matter of how you handle yourself.

I have two tattoos: ying yang and winnie the pooh (I love pooh bear). Your tattoo is your choice. Why ask others what they think?

I couldn't agree more. I just went to the hospital yesterday and one of the nurses had one. Having tattoos does not automatically turn you into a hooligan.
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    Do whatever you want! It's your body :happy: I personally have 5, and several piercings. I purposely put all of my in places that I could hide if I chose to. In regards to a career, I have never had a problem with them and I work in a very professional atmosphere. Just make sure you get something YOU love and really want if you do decide to get it! Good luck lady!!
  • njitalian
    Options
    Wondering where you guys who are saying that you can't get hired if you have tattoos? There are many professionals who have tattoos (not covered up) here where I live. In Canada. If you can't get a job BECAUSE of a tattoo that's discrimination. Or clearly you weren't qualified enough or weren't up to their standard. I know lawyers who have neck tattoos, drs who have tattoos on wrists. My friend who is an accountant has a sleeve tattoo and wears tank tops in the summer to her job.

Remember tattoos do not make you look hard core to the point you are unemployable. It's all a matter of how you handle yourself.

I have two tattoos: ying yang and winnie the pooh (I love pooh bear). Your tattoo is your choice. Why ask others what they think?

I couldn't agree more. I just went to the hospital yesterday and one of the nurses had one. Having tattoos does not automatically turn you into a hooligan.

I also agree and have a full sleeve and work in the corporate world. Heck I saw a heart surgeon getting a back piece done by Paul Booth on a documentary on NatGeo I think it was.
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos. Can't get enough of them. A woman with a tattoo, especially one that's different and not just some lame tramp stamp is tops in my book. A nice half sleeve or big back piece......*drool*

O HAI. :happy:
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Love em, have 3... all have meaning to something in my life. I have a 4th planned for when I finish my marathon...
  • BigAlfrn
    BigAlfrn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    tattoos rock! i have 6 myself
  • got two and booked in for some more :)
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Be careful of the addiction that is tattooing.

As far as what they look like when you get old, well they look as ridiculous now as they will then, so no worries about that.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I'm in the "Yes" category, as I have six myself. Two or more of them are visible just about every day at work, and this has never caused me a problem, but there are probably industries out there where it could. I just don't desire a job in those industries!

I agree with those who say you should absolutely research the shop and the artist carefully. Make sure you have whatever you need for aftercare on the day of the appointment. Don't get flash -- in fact, see if you can find a shop that doesn't even display it. The shop I go to doesn't. All work is custom.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Love them! I want one really bad but they are so expensive. :/
  • Grimlock69
    Options
    Going for my third soon.