South Beach

Options

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am still going strong with the Primal Blue Print!!! My appetite is starting to decrease and I have an abounds of energy!!!!

Let's share some recipes.
  • angelarose765
    Options
    OOOH! Roger:Copy !
  • July24Lioness
    Options

Yes, these are from Linda Sue's website. She is on low carb friends site, I belong there too.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I love Linda's low carb's meals..... I get so many great idea's off her website!
  • pepper06
    Options
    lost 3.5lbs this week-I did do a litle cheating over the weekend, but exercised more due to the guilt. I rewarded myself today w/1/2 cup fresh fruit. Hanging onto phs 1. Going away for the weekend and food is provided, but no gym.....I can only hope!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    3.5 that's so good pepper!!!!! and remember just cause there's no gym near by you can still workout even if you just do squats, crunches, leg lifts, or just a brisk walk would help also but almost 4 pounds is so good your doing great!!!!! What meals, snacks are you eating?
  • pepper06
    Options
    sugar free jello, skim cheeses, I have salad every day, no dark meat chicken-LOTS of water due to heavy workouts(also find this combo keeps me very full) and sugar free pickles if I want something sweet that is different than jello. I do not like ricotta, so I omit the evening dessert all together. My clothes are feeling better-how are you progress this round?
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I tried that mocha ricotta dessert it made me sick i threw it away!!!!! I love sugar free jello it's my best friend lol.... This time around im doing it 100% no saying o tomorrow is a new day cause that's just going to make me fail and im tired of starting over so i put it in my mind that im doing 100% and no one is stopping me... I weigh in monday but i can already see a difference in my face, stomach and my energy is high... I love the south beach diet im thinking of doing phase 1 for as long as i can cause i really don't miss any of the foods i was eating before and i promised myself that once i lose some weight i will have 6 oz of wine and that's it so im pushing myself to lose weight.... I also have my sister stefanie doing south beach with me and we made a mini goal that once we both lose 15lbs we are going to all you can sushi and eating our hearts out since we are big sushi fans... I really want this weight off and no one is going to make that happen but me
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Weighing in on monday!!!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and can't wait to see how everyone is doing next week.... Also if you have come up with new recipes please do share :bigsmile:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    I tried that mocha ricotta dessert it made me sick i threw it away!!!!! I love sugar free jello it's my best friend lol.... This time around im doing it 100% no saying o tomorrow is a new day cause that's just going to make me fail and im tired of starting over so i put it in my mind that im doing 100% and no one is stopping me... I weigh in monday but i can already see a difference in my face, stomach and my energy is high... I love the south beach diet im thinking of doing phase 1 for as long as i can cause i really don't miss any of the foods i was eating before and i promised myself that once i lose some weight i will have 6 oz of wine and that's it so im pushing myself to lose weight.... I also have my sister stefanie doing south beach with me and we made a mini goal that once we both lose 15lbs we are going to all you can sushi and eating our hearts out since we are big sushi fans... I really want this weight off and no one is going to make that happen but me

Why not make your own that is Phase 1, low carb style. No rice to make you feel guilty................

Check this out!!! I wish I liked sushi as I would definitely make this.........

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/sushi-with-a-twist/
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I coud hug you right now!!!! That sushi recipe gave a me a wonderful idea that i will try some time this week after i go to the store!!! YAY FOR SUSHI
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    I coud hug you right now!!!! That sushi recipe gave a me a wonderful idea that i will try some time this week after i go to the store!!! YAY FOR SUSHI

Just trying to help. Sometimes thinking outside the box will allow you to have the things you think you have to miss.
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I totally agree!!!! I keep taking things i love to eat and making them south beach friendly Like trying to make a reese's out of natural peanut butter and hersheys coco powder and splenda lol didn't taste like a reese's but i wanted to try it....
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    This is awsome! I'm on day 5 of SB. I love veges, but holy cow... I'm getting soooo bored. I've got nori in my cupboard. I think I'll make riceless sushi tomorrow!!
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    This is awsome! I'm on day 5 of SB. I love veges, but holy cow... I'm getting soooo bored. I've got nori in my cupboard. I think I'll make riceless sushi tomorrow!!

You have to be creative and mix things up. I never get bored with my eating!!!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I lost 5lbs since monday yay!!!!!!! i guess sticking to southbeach 100% does pay off Can't wait to see what next week's weigh in looks like..
  • Hetfield
    Hetfield Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Tammietifanie!!! :happy: You should be super proud! The southbeach is a good guide for sure. I wasn't able to stick to it completely but I still lost 3lbs so I am really happy. Will continue to use SB diet as a guide!!!!:smile:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm joining you guys. Is this the best place for low carb? I'm a total newb. Normally, I eat oatmeal every day for breakfast, and something like sandwiches for lunch, pasta for dinner. I've been mostly eating "clean," which means I've already crossed the hurdle of getting the white sugar out of my diet. That part is easy now. It's the bread, oatmeal, crackers, pasta, etc. that are going to be really tough!

I don't really need to lose much weight (5 lbs. would be nice). I want to get healthier and see what kind of affect low-carb eating will have on how I feel. I have little idea what to eat, or how many carbs to shoot for per day. I want to eat real food, not artificially low-carb "products." Any advice? The only book I have is Jonny Bowden's Living the Low Carb Life, which has a lot of information about the various low carb diets (all fourteen of them, according to him!), but not much in the way of food lists, as far as I can tell so far.

Thanks!
  • pepper06
    pepper06 Posts: 89
    Options
    WAY TO GO! CONGRATS ON YOUR ACHIEVEMENT-YIPPPPPPPEEEE:blushing: