30 Day Shred July 5th

Replies

• susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    I would love to join you all. I just rejoined MFP after being away for a long time. I am not sure what time of the day I will normally work out but I will begin tonight!

Welcome!!! :)
  • susanleasings
    I'm in!! I will have to start tomorrow am if thats OK??????

7-7 it is!!! Let's kick some butt! :drinker:
  • charmwhite
    charmwhite Posts: 30 Member
    A friend is sending me her copy so hopefully I'll start in a few days!

What size weights does everyone start with? I just realised I only have my boyfriends 'bag of sand' weights at home and that just wont work :)
  • NinaMyers
    NinaMyers Posts: 37
    Hi folks, I started the shred on Monday.... My thighs are in AGONY!!

Working through it though, will do my day 3 when I get in from Work tonight

Really impressed with it, amazing how much difference an intense 20 minutes can make. Looking forward to measuring inch loss on day 30
  • kateland
    kateland Posts: 160 Member
    Well I just found out yesterday that I am going to be taking 2 - 3 classes at a time in the accelerated adult learning format for the next 12 months until I graduate with my degree. Whew. Gonna be a crazy year.

I think I'll keep my mornings as study time, and my evenings right after work for Turbo Jam. I need the energy boost at the end of the day anyway. There's no way I can study after a day of work and exercising the dog.

I'm new to the community forums here. I take it you girls are doing the Jillian program? What else do I need to know for this 30 day challenge? It's M - F exercising and off on weekends?
  • susanleasings
    A friend is sending me her copy so hopefully I'll start in a few days!

What size weights does everyone start with? I just realised I only have my boyfriends 'bag of sand' weights at home and that just wont work :)

I am using 2 pound hand weights. :)
  • susanleasings
    Hi folks, I started the shred on Monday.... My thighs are in AGONY!!

Working through it though, will do my day 3 when I get in from Work tonight

Really impressed with it, amazing how much difference an intense 20 minutes can make. Looking forward to measuring inch loss on day 30

It is sure kicking my butt!! :)
  • susanleasings
    Well I just found out yesterday that I am going to be taking 2 - 3 classes at a time in the accelerated adult learning format for the next 12 months until I graduate with my degree. Whew. Gonna be a crazy year.

I think I'll keep my mornings as study time, and my evenings right after work for Turbo Jam. I need the energy boost at the end of the day anyway. There's no way I can study after a day of work and exercising the dog.

I'm new to the community forums here. I take it you girls are doing the Jillian program? What else do I need to know for this 30 day challenge? It's M - F exercising and off on weekends?

We are literally doing "30 Day Shred" a workout DVD you can find online, at Wal-Mart, etc. You might consider it since you are about to be so busy! It is a butt-kicking 20 minute workout - circuit training - it offers 3 levels of workouts.
    If you prefer turbo jam........awesome! :) You can consider this your 30 day turbo jam challenge! :)
    I personally am taking weekends off....some are working right through them!
    This forum is a great venue for support from some great ladies I have recently become acquainted with. :)
  • susanleasings
    Level 1 day 3 complete! The push-ups were easier this morning, but the lunges are still quite tough! Had to take a couple of 5-second breaks!
    BUT I DID IT!!!! :happy:
  • NinaMyers
    NinaMyers Posts: 37

I bought mine from Amazon, £5.99 delivered!!
  • becca0wnz
    becca0wnz Posts: 12 Member
    I started Level 1, Day 1 yesterday with 3lb weights. You will be feeling it ladies! I will continue on today with day 2! Woo hoo for the soreness!
  • susanleasings
    I started Level 1, Day 1 yesterday with 3lb weights. You will be feeling it ladies! I will continue on today with day 2! Woo hoo for the soreness!

NICE!!!!
  • hunnyspice
    hunnyspice Posts: 80 Member
    Just did L1 D2. The family couch potato wouldn't let me get any TV time yesterday. Grrr. It was decidedly easier to keep up though. So glad I decided to stick with it this time.
    I wasn't sweating bullets according to my sister but balls. Meanwhile she's just sitting there watching me and laughing. I told her to try it and she shut up. Ha!! GOOOOO me!
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    jumping on board with y'all....just did L1D2 (started a day after you guys) and my arms and legs feel all wobbly :happy: LOVE IT!
    Jillian is kicking my butt and it feels good to be sore! I'm on the road for 7 1/2 hrs tomorrow and then work 12 hours shifts for the next 3 after that, so hopefully I will still squeeze in a good butt kickin' !!!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Hi Shredders,
    took day off to rest heel - and per google my symptoms seems to be for something called plantar facilitis? Anyway - they recommend "heel cups" which I scored at walgreens for not too much money - plan to try them out after board meeting tonight - probably won't get home til 10pm and have to be up by 430am. It's going to be a really long day. Going to play it by ear and see what my energy level is. Glad to be in it with you all. My diet was off yesterday - but back on track today w/ my gnc lean shake (it's so good!!)
    Hopefully the heel cup will lessen the pressure during the jumping around !!

Make it a fantastic day everyone,
    Janet
  • susanleasings
    Hi Shredders,
    took day off to rest heel - and per google my symptoms seems to be for something called plantar facilitis? Anyway - they recommend "heel cups" which I scored at walgreens for not too much money - plan to try them out after board meeting tonight - probably won't get home til 10pm and have to be up by 430am. It's going to be a really long day. Going to play it by ear and see what my energy level is. Glad to be in it with you all. My diet was off yesterday - but back on track today w/ my gnc lean shake (it's so good!!)
    Hopefully the heel cup will lessen the pressure during the jumping around !!

Make it a fantastic day everyone,
    Janet

glad you're with us too!!! You are in my prayers! :)
  • susanleasings
    Just did L1 D2. The family couch potato wouldn't let me get any TV time yesterday. Grrr. It was decidedly easier to keep up though. So glad I decided to stick with it this time.
    I wasn't sweating bullets according to my sister but balls. Meanwhile she's just sitting there watching me and laughing. I told her to try it and she shut up. Ha!! GOOOOO me!

yah! Let's see your sister sweat balls!! Lol
  • susanleasings
    jumping on board with y'all....just did L1D2 (started a day after you guys) and my arms and legs feel all wobbly :happy: LOVE IT!
    Jillian is kicking my butt and it feels good to be sore! I'm on the road for 7 1/2 hrs tomorrow and then work 12 hours shifts for the next 3 after that, so hopefully I will still squeeze in a good butt kickin' !!!

yeyah!! Welcome to the butt-kickin!!!! :)
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Well, I have not started with the shred as planned just yet. The night before I planned on starting I was up most the night with 2 fevered kids. Took them both to the Dr. yesterday and they both have strep throat. I do Plann on starting in the morning though. I have been riding my stationary bike also. I feel like that at least helps a little bit.
  • susanleasings
    Well, I have not started with the shred as planned just yet. The night before I planned on starting I was up most the night with 2 fevered kids. Took them both to the Dr. yesterday and they both have strep throat. I do Plann on starting in the morning though. I have been riding my stationary bike also. I feel like that at least helps a little bit.

Hate hearing that about your kiddos......hope they feel better soon!
    Every little bit helps!!! :)