Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• sar00sh
    sar00sh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this whole program, but I am loving it so far! In my teens I did all the crazy diets, but I never got very far. I broke my ankle in 2009 and have been unmotivated to do much actvity since then. (everything is healed 100%, I have just been lazy) I need to lose at least 100lb, but for now im just going to start small and keep my goals achivable to stay motivated. I received a nutribullet for my birthday a couple days ago and hav estarted having green smoothies in the morning. Also, I started taking the following vitamins daily before Christmas...
    Salba (Fiber & Omega)
    Rexal Greens (Cheaper then Greens+)
    Cod Liver Oil (Carlson's brand is the best!)
    B12 (Blood work said i needed it)
    Folic Acid (My nails were a mess)
    Oil of Oregano (Only when I'm around sick people)

I managed to not get sick all winter (knock on wood) and that has been even more motivation to keep on track! I hope that this site and the app on my phone will continue to help me move forward and I hope it helps all of you!
  • vaquera19
    vaquera19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I finally decided to get serious about working out - which I've never been able to sustain doing in my entire life. I simply don't have the motivation, especially since I'm a lightweight and in my early 20's and have never needed to work out to stay small. I know I'm one of those body types everybody loves to hate, but skinny doesn't equal healthy - and I'm evidence of that. In addition, my habits are beginning to catch up with me as I'm getting older and the pounds have slowly been creeping up on me. When my husband and I got married, we both gained some weight, and my husband finally got fed up with not fitting comfortably into his pants, so we purchased an elliptical and he's been kept up a diligent workout schedule ever since. He's now in better shape now than when we got married. Unfortunately, I'm at an all-time high for weight and can feel the difference it's made in my energy and self-esteem. Though weight-loss would be nice and I know it'll happen, my main goal is simply to start developing healthy exercise and eating habits. I only need or want to lose about 20 lbs., but it seems nearly impossible for me to stick with it as I often lose motivation once I lose the first 5 or 10 lbs and figure I can be happy with where I'm at and quit working out. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that as I never really reach my fitness goals nor am I truly living a healthy lifestyle. And, of course, those pounds slowly but surely find their way back.

That's why I'm here. I need to be accountable to someone other than myself, and you all seem to have a great support group started. I'm not quite ready to give up my favorite foods yet (I love spaghetti!), but I know that if I start small by simply working out daily I can make small changes until I'm living as healthy as I want to be. I'm excited to join a group of wonderful people that can support me and I can give others support in return!

So, enough about me and why I'm here. I'm going to set a goal of working out at least 20 minutes/day. I really need to build a habit and expectation for myself so that I don't wimp out on days that I really should be working out. Over the years and many attempts to get into working out, I've acquired many DVD's and games, including Pilates, Tae Bo, Kickboxking, and Zumba. Plus, we have the elliptical, a pull-up bar, push-up bars/handles, and few dumbbells at our house, so there's no excuse for me not to work out. I should be able to find at least 20 minutes of exercise that I enjoy doing each day! Not to mention, after we move this fall, my husband has a Power Tower we'll set up as well as the P90X and Beach Body's Insanity program that he said he'd do with me. I need to get my butt in gear to be ready for that!

Ideally, I'd like to lose a little of the extra fat and ad a bit of muscle to get "toned", but my upper body strength has always been neglected so it's a particular area I'd like to improve. Thus, I'm going to start by trying to focus on cardio and doing a few upper body exercises. Today, I did about 10-15 minutes of Zumba before my controller died (no, I obviously haven't used it in a LONG time, but it's charging for tomorrow). I was mid-workout, so I walked about 5 more minutes on the elliptical to cool down, and then my husband coached me on push-ups. He has the little bars so that you can keep your wrists straight, so I used those because I have some wrist issues, too, and have always avoided push-ups because of that. At first, I only did three and wimped out (I'm pretty sure I could have pushed myself a little more). Then, he had me do a second set, and pushed me to add one more. Finally, I did a third set, and maxed out at 5 - this time I knew that was what I could do and wasn't going to be able to do another one. So, my push up number is officially 13! I like to see results, so this is at least one area that I can do 3 sets on a regular basis and slowly try to do more and more.

Anyway, thanks for reading my novel of a post. I'm really excited to get to know everyone else on here and achieve my fitness goals!
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Late check in.... Long day!!! But the girls and I got the week's laundry done, spent time with my oldest daughter and my grandson, walked 1.75 miles, and toured and outfitted daughter and son's college apartment!!!

Saturday Success: Even though I had a rough week calorie wise, I still lost .25 lbs!!! And my walk felt GREAT!!!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am back but not in full swing as of yet!!! Things have leveled off with my MIL.... her health is definitely declining but this will likely be a long process. We had some really good time with her this week, though she is VERY tired. We are taking the blessings where they come though!!!

Thursday truth..... no logging of food over the weekend and part of the reason was I was embarrassed about consuming too much alcohol. SOOOOO many calories!!!!!! For someone without a weight problem, several glasses of wine and 2 1/2 margaritas over 4 days would not be a big deal, but for me it trashed my food plan. Back on track now with a weigh in tonight so I will have to face the consequences of my bad choices.

This was my Friday night. We were supposed to have Bunco, but only ended up with 4 of us. Needless to say, I can't even count how many Vodka/lemonade/cranberry that I had throughout the night. We did use the 15 calorie Lemonade and Light Cranberry, but I truly have no idea how many. Plus, we had these Alabama Slammer Shooters (5 of those I think) plus enjoying the hot tub around 2 a.m. and Taco Bell afterwards. CRAZY night. I haven't done that in a very, very, very long time. I guess the only good thing is I don't want anything to eat for days!!!! LOL!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Saturday Success: Well, it's been a very long week. I'm loving the new job (2 months in), but it's really pushing me and I'm up for the challenge. I'm just putting in some long days. Cyrus had a practice, 2 games plus he was gone Friday/Saturday to San Diego/Sea World on the 5th grade field trip. He had so much fun, but he's pretty exhausted. Today I just relaxed by the pool, got a pedicure, went to church and just enjoyed the rest of my evening. Tomorrow will be house cleaning and getting ready for the week ahead. I'm heading to the east coast (Philly & Delaware) for 4 days on business. Again, it's going to be a challenging week, but I'll get through it. I'm just trying to maintain right now, but really going to be focusing in a couple of weeks. I need to get through the next 2-3 weeks of business travel and then it should slow down. I'm hanging in there and not going to beat myself up for not exercising or making the best food choices. I just need to deal with some life hurdles right now.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Doing the happy dance! Bang on 199#. I'm sure that I will fluctuate a little, but TWOderville is gone forever. I'll be back later.
    Kaye
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Yay for GrandmaKaye! Welcome to Onederland!

Excited_man_2.gif

clapping_hands.gif

Quote of the day: - “Twenty years from now, you’ll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do, than the ones you did.” ~Mark Twain

It’s time to get ready to go to the farmer’s market.

Have a healthy day!

Tom
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Doing the happy dance! Bang on 199#. I'm sure that I will fluctuate a little, but TWOderville is gone forever. I'll be back later.
    Kaye

WOOOOOO!!! I'm so very very proud of you and happy FOR you! This is just freaking awesome! You must have been dancing around the bathroom this morning!
  • lmackbethl
    lmackbethl Posts: 156
    Options
    @kaye - congratulations!!!! :flowerforyou: you have been so focused and determined, and i know how much you wanted to hit this in time for your birthday! great job!!!
    @karen - i'm sure by now i owe you congratulations too, for your 8k!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    @kris - so glad you got that check! i just started cycling again after a decade-long hiatus, so i'm no bike expert, but i would suggest at least 21-gears if you have many hills in your area. i decided to start back on a recumbent bike, because it will be much easier, i think, on my back... the one i got is much slower than regular bike, which i didn't expect, but it's still a lovely workout, and it's comfortable.
    @kelley - you probably saw kris repost it (thanks kris), but in case you missed it, the link to my dad's trail journal is: http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=14408 They did get a post of their own up and will hopefully be able to check in at least weekly, for a while.
    @tammy - so impressed by your boundless energy these days!!
    @laurie - sorry your trainer didn't honor his commitment, especially since i know you already struggle with trusting trainers. :grumble:
    @robin - good to see you out there, golfing and other such stuff making you all active too. :flowerforyou:
    @susan - makes so much sense to focus on maintenance until things sette down for you - good luck with all the business travel, and keep finding time to relax by that pool!!

I'm Beth, 43, single by choice, with two wonderful doggies who are wonderful walk-motivators! Thanks to everyone for your feedback about my adventure-trip idea. I really need to figure out what I want to do next and make it happen. Feeling a little stuck in a rut lately. Well, I'm off for a hike, then a paddle, then another walk before grilling some turkey burgers with a friend. Hope everyone is having a healthy and happy day!!!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,168 Member
    Options
    Kaye

Woo-hoo Kaye!!! Congratulations...................! Great!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    threw out my back lifting a couch on friday night. still can't really bend over. it's driving me crazy! i am getting a bit better though and i have dreams of bending freely to keep unpacking very soon :laugh:
  • linder4866
    Options
    Just posting to thank you for your encouragement. I started logging my meals on MFP last May 5th and I’m not sure when I found this thread BUT you’ve been very good friends. You’ve listened to all my complaining, helped me with suggestions when I was struggling, and have celebrated with me when I reported NSVs. :bigsmile:

So on to my second year on MFP with new goals in mind. Working on strength, balance, and fighting bone loss are on that list.

Thanks for all the marvelous help. I wish that those people who have not posted here for a while would also see this post. THANKS!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • linder4866
    Options
    threw out my back lifting a couch on friday night. still can't really bend over. it's driving me crazy! i am getting a bit better though and i have dreams of bending freely to keep unpacking very soon :laugh:

I'm so sorry!!!!! OUCH................my your dream come true SOON.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie - I hope theres a resolution with your trainer before you go to NYC so its not hanging over your head while your there. Have a great time and enjoy all the sites and sounds ! :love:

jt - you truly had an Erma Bombeck day with those eggs, didn't you? :laugh: Bet you're still telling that story when youre 80!

sar00sh - welcome!

vaquera - welcome!

Marca - great loss and great walk! way to go, and keep up your great attitude!

Susan - sounds like you're the gal I want to party with! :laugh: Seriously, a good blow out once in a while is good for the pipes.
    I like your game plan to maintain until the business travel slows down. You'll be alright til then, then hit it hard.

Kaye - WOOT! Doing the happy dance with you!! ONEDERLAND!! :drinker:

Toots - take care of your back! Hope your hubby's situation is on a positive momentum now too.

Lin - Happy Anniversary with MFP! You have been a big inspiration to me, Lin. Nice to see that you have new goals to further your health that are awesome! Thank you for inspiring us all! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You lost all that weight in spite of a chaotic and hectic personal life, proving to all of us that our complicated lives can be worked around, dieted around, managed around.

Like Toots, my back is out of commission too, but I don't remember any incident that caused the hurt. Its just aching quite a bit and I'm having rest it, because its involving my left leg and foot too. So no stair stepping today for me. :cry:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was MIA all weekend. I haven't caught up reading posts, but just wanted to pop in quickly.

I completed my 8k in 58:51. My 5k split was 36:11 and my overall pace was 11:47 min/mile. My goal was to finish in under 1 hour, so mission accomplished! :bigsmile:

I'm super tired tonight, so I'l catch up with the rest of the posts and do personals tomorrow.
  • susan2396
    Options
    Sorry I was MIA all weekend. I haven't caught up reading posts, but just wanted to pop in quickly.

I completed my 8k in 58:51. My 5k split was 36:11 and my overall pace was 11:47 min/mile. My goal was to finish in under 1 hour, so mission accomplished! :bigsmile:

I'm super tired tonight, so I'l catch up with the rest of the posts and do personals tomorrow.

Congrats!!!!! 8K is such a huge accomplishment and to hit your goal!! Sooooo proud of you!!!!
  • susan2396
    Options

Hate that for you. Glad you're feeling better, but make sure you give it some good rest. Unpacking will still be there, but your body needs time to heal.
  • susan2396
    Options
    Just posting to thank you for your encouragement. I started logging my meals on MFP last May 5th and I’m not sure when I found this thread BUT you’ve been very good friends. You’ve listened to all my complaining, helped me with suggestions when I was struggling, and have celebrated with me when I reported NSVs. :bigsmile:

So on to my second year on MFP with new goals in mind. Working on strength, balance, and fighting bone loss are on that list.

Thanks for all the marvelous help. I wish that those people who have not posted here for a while would also see this post. THANKS!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Lin

I'm so glad I found you too. While there's been many hills and valleys, the important thing is you're here for year two. I'm going through those ups and downs right now, but the old me would have given up immediately. This group has helped pull me through. Even when I think I don't want to post and log on, I immediately think of the folks I've met here and I need them!!! We can do this together!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Kaye

Soooo proud of you!!!! It may take me awhile, but I hope you're still around when I can post a similar stat. You're such a big loser!!!! LOL!!!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your kind words. I've been floating all day.
    Lin--You are an inspiration to all of us. You've accomplished a lot in a year.
    Karen--Good job on the 8K. That's a good run.
    Susan--Hang in there. You will make it.
    Sorry about the hurt backs. Hope they heal quickly.
    Today at church my physical therapist noticed that I was limping. She said, "Oh, no. That's the other leg!" I told her to save my room at the rehab center.
    Welcome to the newbies. This is a great place to get support, but it works best if you post often and let us know what's going on in your life.
    Today I made a castle cake for my grandson's 4th birthday. It was a very simple cake, but his enthusiasm made it well worth the effort. He has the biggest eyes, and when he's excited, they are even bigger!
    Have a good night. Kaye