Male members with only females on their friends list.

Options

Replies

• johnlopezzz
    Options
    Hey, I don't have any friends :-( Please add me if you're a hot woman with bikini photos (absolutely no men) - Tnx :-D
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with it. Honestly it seems to me, the men are more supportive.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Do any other ladies find it off-putting when you accept a friend request from a man and then you go and check out their page and ALL of their friends are females? Usually they are all females my age or there abouts and showing a lot of skin (i.e. muscle and progress) in their pics. It just looks like a collection of hot girls.

I delete them right away. It just kind of pisses me off.

Well, then don't ever request me as a friend if it's a turnoff to you, because only 7% of list is male right now. The other 93% is female. The reasons for this are simple:

1. There are more women on here than men.
    2. I'm currently a single guy so it's perfectly appropriate.
    3. Women are much more supportive and willing to talk, in general, and I'm new to all this and like to socialize a bit while I'm at it.
    4. Most of the women also have lots of women on their lists, and like to add a guy or two every so often to balance it out. This site is for people of all sexes, not exclusively females.

I'm not really looking to add tons more people at this point, as I can only keep up with so many. That said, any guys around my age (27) who want to add me and are into motivation, go ahead. And any ladies are welcome, too. All I ask, is anyone sending a request needs to be legit, committed to this, and must send a message explaining how they found me. After that, it's all good. I only delete nasty individuals.

That said, it does kind of bother me if other guys have almost totally female facebook friend lists, so I can see where you're coming from, OP! Personally, my FB is more male than female, like 60/40. On here, it doesn't bother me that guys (including myself) have more women friends. In fact, I feel it's expected and natural due to the reasons I listed above.

Btw, women with mostly male lists don't bother me at all. They're cool, and safe.
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have a guy on my FL that I only accepted because he was shirtless and hot. I dont know why he FR me and I dont care. I am married but it was still a great pic!
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I have a few guys , but all the ladies are the ones Friend Requesting me;) lol

All motivation!:glasses:
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Starting Harems.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    I find it creepy only if they start sending creepy/perverted messages/wall posts....and that's not ALWAYS unwelcome. :wink: Having hot women on their list could be their motivation. I'm pretty sure I have more men than women on my friends list, but it's not done on purpose. I couldn't blame someone for wanting to look at people they find attractive. I know I enjoy looking at a lot of the men on my FL.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have a few guys , but all the ladies are the ones Friend Requesting me;) lol

All motivation!:glasses:

I did no such thing :P
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with it. Honestly it seems to me, the men are more supportive.

Funny how you say that, and then a guy says the women are more supportive. I wonder what could be causing this discrepancy.

:laugh:
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I can hardly say no to nice friend requests with messages. Although my list is getting too crowded now. I have to go be supportive.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    "Male Members" Ha Ha Ha
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I have a guy on my FL that I only accepted because he was shirtless and hot. I dont know why he FR me and I dont care. I am married but it was still a great pic!

That's the spirit! lol. :-)
    Lesson: Ladies, accept us shirtless dudes when we FR you..we're not all shirtless losers who think they're hot stuff, lol.
    (I'm happy to be able to state that everyone I've requested has accepted me, and no women were harmed or offended in the making of my shirtless pics!)
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    In for friend requests!
  • MCinSoCal
    MCinSoCal Posts: 87
    Options
    I agree, it's motivating and not at all creepy, unless they start sending creepy/unwelcome messages, stuff like that. Otherwise it's all good. I'm finding that the more I work out, the more I appreciate muscles and good looking people, where I never really gave it a second thought before. And what could be better than other like-minded people cheering you on? :smooched: :bigsmile: :tongue:
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Lesson: Ladies, accept us shirtless dudes when we FR you..we're not all shirtless losers who think they're hot stuff, lol.
    (I'm happy to be able to state that everyone I've requested has accepted me, and no women were harmed or offended in the making of my shirtless pics!)

um, I'm not sure I've learned the lesson. You're going to have to test me by sending a FR and hopefully I willingly accept :wink:
  • brian1383
    brian1383 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I find I get friend requests from far more women, but that is the demographic here. If I had to guess, I'd say there's a 5:1 ratio of women to men here, so it makes sense.

Women do tend to be more vocal with support, so I do prefer women "friends" on MFP. It doesn't change the fact I'm very happily married. I'm here to get into shape, not flirt.

So, I'm sorry the OP feels a bit preyed upon and it is likely there are those who are doing just that. There may very well be some women here looking for Mr. Right (or, perhaps, Mr. Right Now), but I think that is far more likely on Facebook.

Anyone can feel free to friend me. I like to joke around and am grateful to those who are supportive in their comments. I'm not here looking for love -- I have that at home -- just for support, give and take, as we all do our bodies good.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't know this was still going!
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This is part of the reason why I don't accept FR without a message. I tried a few times, and once it was a guy who was adding girls left and right and I sent him a message asking why he wanted to be my friend and he said "I thought you looked pretty". Sure it's flattering (what girl wouldn't like to get a compliment like that), but that's not the reason I am here. So I deleted him from my FL. I prefer to have a small group of supportive friends that I interact with rather than add a bunch of random people I never talk to and only serve as eye candy (nothing against the shirtless pics guys, keep working on those abs they look great!).
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I find I get friend requests from far more women, but that is the demographic here. If I had to guess, I'd say there's a 5:1 ratio of women to men here, so it makes sense.

Hmmmm......is that so? My friend list seems to swing quite strongly in the other direction!
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    i didnt know this was rocket science

men use sexy women as motivation to stay on track. hell, i know if i didnt have hotties showing up on my feed every minute of every day i wouldnt be nearly as motivated

i imagine women do the same with sexy men.

lets be real, the reason most of us started this journey is to look better and feel better.

whats wrong with a lil encouragement ?