Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm back! Minnesota was awesome and my sister was beautiful. I didn't get as many workouts as I would have liked in. Going to give myself a few days to drink (as in water) away any excess salt and get back into my workout routine before I weigh myself again. Trying to find the energy to get my workout in. We got home at 3:30am after a 14 hour drive. I'm beat!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Monday check in: We worked this morning on some simple strength training exercises for the upper body with the occupational therapist. I think that they will be very helpful. They weighed me this morning and I have lost the 12# that I had gained right after the surgery. Don't know how that will translate when I get on my own scale, but it shouldn't be bad.
    Have a great day. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kaye--it's so great that you are learning upper body exercises that you can continue to use in your home fitness routine! Congrats on losing that pesky "surgery" weight. :drinker:

@anna--glad the wedding went well. It's hard to workout in that situation--traveling, visiting with family, the big event all get in the way. Now that you're home, you'll get right back to it, and even if a pound or 2 came back with you, it will come right back off with healthy food, water, and exercise. :flowerforyou:

@barbara--what are you doing for exercise these days? I remember when you were doing the chair aerobics due to your ankle. Is your ankle fully healed and are you all done with those surgeries?

@toosts--I guess if you have to take the meds, you may as well get that added bonus, right? :wink:

@mary--welcome back! You've got the right attitude--we all have lapses, the trick is not to let it completely derail you. :smile:

@kelley--enjoy the shorter work wee and visit from your friend. :drinker:

@mel & any other Canadian friends--Happy Canada Day!!

@helena--good to see you on here and glad you got to join the Y. Deputy sounds so darn cute!! Gunner has been in a small river at a local dog park and he enjoyed it, but I think he only liked it b/c he was playing with my friend's 2 retrievers. I'm not sure he's much of a "water dog" otherwise. I've never taken him to the beach in the city. There's a dog beach but you must have a City of Chicago dog license--we live in the suburbs, and there's no option for visitors to enjoy the Chicago dog beach. :ohwell:

@tom--the mud run was a blast!! They changed up a few of the obstacles from last year, but IMHO it was mostly for the better. Also, last year was about 100 degrees and this year was barely 80, windy, and a bit drizzly so somewhat cold, but not horrible.

As far as July challenges go, I will participate as much as possible with the water and weight loss, but I will be gone almost half the month. Maybe I will find some new healthy food or recipe on my travels.

@robin--I've watched the TDF for about a decade and I can't remeber a year without at least 1 dog on the road. Yes, it was a bit nerve wracking, but luckily that little white dog got the heck out of the way. I've seen incidents where riders have crashed into dogs. Last year, one of the riders got in the dog owner's face and started yelling at him--I was worried there would be a fight!

@tracy--my 4th of July plans are always the same--stay in the house and watch gunner cower under the dining room table. He's so afraid of fireworks--we've even tried drugging him, but the tranquilizers never knock him out and I'm afraid to give him more. :ohwell: DH and I used to love this holiday--now it's just a drag b/c we have to stay home with the dog.

@tina--I'm just halfway through level 2 of 30DS, but looking forward to at least starting level 3 before I leave on my trip. Isn't Shaun T the same guy who does Hip-Hop Abs? I've seen infomercials for that one and it looks super-fun!

Monday Check in:
    Update on the travel plans: I was so worried about the whole car/train thing that I started doing some research online last night. So glad I did! The main reason Amy and I are going to the French Alps is to see the Tour de France. Well 6 months ago all we had were the stage start and end locations--we chose Sallanches, Fr b/c it seemed to be near the end of stage 19. Last night I finally found a website that gave the EXACT race route for each day, and it turns out Sallanches is an hour drive from the end of stage 19. :grumble:

However, I was able to see other towns the riders would go through during that stage. Albertville, Fr is a decent sized town with a train station and some sights (it's where they held 1992 winter olympics) including the medieval town of Conflans within walking distance. The TDF stage 19 is going right through Albertville, so Amy and I are going there instead of Sallanches. We were able to book a cheaper room and we can take the train all the way there and then just walk to see the TDF and the sights.

That really is a load off my mind! Now I just need to make sure I have everything I need for the trip. I just went to target and bought a new backpack to use as my carry-on and for the side-trips. I also bought some travel-sized toiletries, a couple of cheap beach towels, and some new undies. :blushing: I just need to start figuring out which clothes I want to take--I have a terrible habit of bringing items that go with nothing else, so I need to make sure I choose outfits rather than single items. The hardest part will be choosing which shoes to bring (or rather which shoes to leave behind :laugh: ).

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--Dirty Girl Mud Run (5k) DONE
    Sun--swimming DONE + walk gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + 30DS DONE + run DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + 30DS
    Wed--walk gunner + gym or run
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym or run + 30DS
    Fri--walk gunner + 30DS
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Skinny--- Yes Shaunt T is the same one who does Hip Hop Abs, and Insanity and such! So I'm looking forward to it!

Robin--- Before I lost the weight I had more curves than now. When I gained the weight back, I gained it in different places than where it was before. It's very frustrating and I feel hideous and horrible all the time. But that's why I'm working on it!!

Monday Check In: Today was L3 D2 of 30DS! 8 more days! Then I go on vaca to see my best friend! And when I get back I will be starting Shaun T's Rockin Body! SO I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday!
    Tina
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Helena - congrats on your Y membership - woot!

Mel - your family sounds lovely. I dated a man from Hong Kong for a year and enjoyed the customs tremendously. Speaking to his parents via Skype was fun too. I am somewhat of a Buddhist myself, just what my Catholic family loves to hear. I see very little difference myself, just less breaurocracy.

Believeth - so happy you're back and are you all done with surgeries? I hope so!

Skinny - I'm so glad you got your travel concerns all figured out - whew ! That must be a load off! As far as travel goes, if it was me, I would NOT take blue jeans, but that's just me. They take up so much space! Poly or rayon pants are my go-to travel pants because they are wrinkle free. Same with tops. And 2 colorful scarves to make different outfits. One sweaterwrap. Definitely the walking shoes-tennis shoes-type shoes. I forgot them on my trip to Jamaica and was miserable without them! Your feet look like crap but feel comfortable.

I got my squats done before 5 pm today - hooray!

SAT - squats - 56 done!
    SUN - upper body workout -NOT DONE!
    MON - squats -56 done!
    TUES- upper body workout
    WEDS-squats
    THURS-upper body workout
    FRI - rest
    SAT - rest
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @robin--yes, I agree that jeans take up a lot of space, so I will only take 1 pair that I will wear on the plane. Other than those--I have several pair of very thin/lightweight capri pants which will travel well.

I will also wear my gym shoes so I don't have to worry about the space those take in my luggage. It's the other shoes that will be hard to choose amongst--i have several pair of cute sandals and flip flops that are comfy for walking shorter distances--I will probably bring my new pair of Teva flip flops b/c those will go with the one or two dresses/skirts I will bring. I also can't decide between 2 other pair of casual shoes--my black Coach sneakers, or Dr. Scholl's pearly-metallic canvas boat shoes. I feel like the Coach are more comfortable, but the Dr. Scholl's will go with more outfits. If there's room in my bag, I will probably break down and take both. :blushing:

The nice thing is the folks we are staying with in Zurich have laundry in their apt. so we really only need about 5 day's worth of clothes for the 10-day trip. That should make it easier, but for me that actually makes it harder. :ohwell:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen- Glad the travel plans have been figured out. I am excited that you will get to see the TDF pass through the town while enjoying the sights as well.

Helena enjoy the Y as you get to workout with your sister.

Mel and All the Canada Friends- Happy Canada Day. Enjoy your holiday.

Tina- Great job on the 30DS. You look beautiful and you are beautiful inside and out.

Today I jogged 1 mile with my trainer, this was in addition to the laps I did to practice speeding up and slowing down then the cool down laps. Then she had me on the spin bike for some interval training- 15 minutes later 10 miles was completed. It was a great workout. I am also thrilled to report that my weight has actually stayed down during the month of June and now I can see Onederland approaching again. That will be my overall goals for July to be back to 195 pounds. I had risen up to 208 at a few points mostly due to TOM but it always dropped back to around 205 now it is down to 201. So I am pushing to get under 200 again. The next steps will be to do the 1 mile run again then start adding 1 lap at a time so I can build up to a 5K. It should work out well.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @laurie--I know--I had almost resigned myself to not seeing the Tour. Honestly, it would still be a fantastic trip even without the TDF, but now it's looking like I'll get that added bonus. :bigsmile:

Glad your running is going well, and that Onederland is in your sights again. You are so disciplined that I know you will meet the weight goal and be more than ready for that 5k. If you can already run a mile, you'll be running 3 in no time.

I've had a similar experience with my weight bumping back up from that low of 181 (haven't seen that number in months! :grumble:). My weight has mostly been hovering around 185-187, but I've had a few bad days where it's been all the way up to 192 (today being one of those days :blushing:). I know it's due to all of the sodium and alcohol from the weekend, but I still dislike seeing that number. I'm going to try to eat much better over the next 2 weeks before my trip. I know I will have a lot less control over what I eat while on vacation, but at least we will be doing a lot of walking and hiking to burn some calories
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump - A lot to catch up on.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I just finished Emma's birthday cake. My first experience with fondant (other than a big fail trying to make my own). I think it turned out cute. I'm so excited to show her in the morning!!!

e82312a6-81cd-4694-9250-95ca03e442ea_zps573aa33e.jpg

Super cute!!! Awesome job. I use to read that fish book to my son all the time, but I can't remember the name. Is this about giving away his scales? I love the story.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Susan! YAY! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've been away from here for awhile, but have found my way back...my old phone just wouldn't surf, this one seems better :-)

I've been doing well, I got stuck on a horrible plateau but have broken free of it and am back to losing again since February, honestly want to blame bc pill and shot for it...in the past month I broke through 100 lbs lost, and have changed my goal again back to were I began...though the loss won't be "official" in my mind and here till Friday when I see the Dr...

I completed my first 5k, though it was only walking in May for autism and felt great about it...and last month took a trip with the boys where they didn't think I'd last because of the stairs, and I survived...

Other than that not much new, both of my best friends reached their goals and left mfp, kind of depressing but I knew I had further togo...I'm hoping for a promotion soon, when isn't known just hinted it is coming keep up the hard work. One of our sites is down 2 managers so everyone is helping, they are calling it the "chiefs get away" (chief is the big store manager) so far I'm pretty much the only non chief invited do that feels good at least and the commute is faster...

Anyways I should go to bed another long day ahead...
    My challenge for July? Doing crunches, leg lifts and planks, increasing each round/day, and finding my 30ds, anyone know where I put it last? Lol
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I just finished Emma's birthday cake. My first experience with fondant (other than a big fail trying to make my own). I think it turned out cute. I'm so excited to show her in the morning!!!

e82312a6-81cd-4694-9250-95ca03e442ea_zps573aa33e.jpg

Super cute!!! Awesome job. I use to read that fish book to my son all the time, but I can't remember the name. Is this about giving away his scales? I love the story.

Rainbow Fish...I read it to my kids and I used it for my team at work. Great story for every age!!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    DRINK YOUR WATER!
    she's baaaack.:wink:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I got a Kindle Fire HD 8.9” last night. We were right by Jason’s Deli so we went in. I got a nutty mixed up salad with lite ranch dressing. It was very good! It was only 580 calories but 900mg sodium and 50 carbs.
    Nutty Mixed-Up Salad
    Natural, grilled chicken breast,
    organic field greens, grapes, feta,
    nuts, dried cranberries, raisins,
    pumpkin seeds, organic apples.
    original 7.99 / lighter portion 6.49
    I went with the original and it was very filling (Amy got one of their awesome corned beef sandwiches and I did not even take a bite!). Now I have to learn how to use the Kindle. I put the protective screen cover on and you have to wait 12 hours before turning it on. I had to charge the battery anyway but it was testing my patients not using my new toy. It did put us late doing all my normal weeknight things and did not get to bed early. I only got 5 hours and 19 minutes of sleep.

I am getting ready for vacation. Today and tomorrow at work but then no work until the 16th! We will spend some time in UT. Not sure the summer is a good time for Canyonlands National Park and the Arches National Park but we will see.

Quote of the day: - “Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.” ~Napolean Bonaparte
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @toots--I guess if you have to take the meds, you may as well get that added bonus, right? :wink:

true that lol. plus the ability to accomplish anything. that's a plus too :laugh:

Enjoy your trip!
    I got a Kindle Fire HD 8.9” last night. Now I have to learn how to use the Kindle. I put the protective screen cover on and you have to wait 12 hours before turning it on. I had to charge the battery anyway but it was testing my patients not using my new toy.

I got one for Christmas and honestly i thought i would hate it. i was pretty certain the only kind of book i like is one made of paper haha i'm so addicted. i use it multiple times every day. for all sorts of things that don't even involve books. but now i can collect as many books as i want and no one can tell i'm a hoarder!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Susan! Welcome back!
    i was pretty certain the only kind of book i like is one made of paper haha i'm so addicted. i use it multiple times every day. for all sorts of things that don't even involve books. but now i can collect as many books as i want and no one can tell i'm a hoarder!
    Exactly! I kept about 3 (short) bookshelves worth out of the 17 (HUGE) bookshelves I had when I moved to Oregon from the East Coast. The ones I brought with me were my favorite books(many of them very very old first editions), but I MISSED the rest of them. Until I got my Nook! :smokin: Now I have THOUSANDS of books to chose from but if I want the feel (and smell) of a reall book I can pick up one of my old favorite off a bookshelf and sit down to read it.

I love the portablity of the E Reader. Tires being rotated? I can read a chapter while I wait. Waiting at the gas station for a fill... I can get through at least 10 pages. I can have 5 or 6 or 10 books going at the same time (usually 2 or 3 is my limit, but you get the idea) and easily pick up where I left off on any one of them.

I also love that most of the classics (which is what i usually read over and over and over) are either free or super cheap.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Wow! This is an exciting week with so many "old" friends returning to the thread!

@heidi (corymomma)--it's nice to see my Chi-town buddy posting on here again! congrats on competing your 1st 5k!! I'm doing the Terrapin 5k again in August if you want to join me. I'm also planning to do Run for Your Lives in Byron, IL this September--it's the weekend before my b-day, so I'm going to ask all of my friends to join me there to celebrate. Again, let me know if you're interested. Crossing my fingers you get that promotion at work!! :flowerforyou:

@angelika--Yay!! You're back!! :drinker: <-- (that's me drinking my water) :laugh:

@tom--good choice at the deli!! Enjoy your vacation!

@susan--it's good to see you back again too (though you haven't been MIA very long). :flowerforyou:

Tuesday Goals:
    My goal for this week is to get all prepared for my trip. I've already bought most of what I think I'll need. Tomorrow, DH works all day, so I will take the opportunity to figure out which clothes I'm taking. I can lay them all out on the bed and get some idea of what I've got and if I still need to buy anything. Thursday or Friday I will go to my parent's and pick out some luggage--they have several full sets, so I've never bought my own.

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--Dirty Girl Mud Run (5k) DONE
    Sun--swimming DONE + walk gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + 30DS DONE + run DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + 30DS DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + gym or run
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym or run + 30DS
    Fri--walk gunner + 30DS
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Its a good day. I got my shower. When you only get 2 a week, you really appreciate it. My official discharge has been set for July 4 at 11 am. I will continue to come back for outpatient therapy for awhile. Today I reached 102* flex for those of you who have done knees. That is a super big milestone. My right knee is only 105* and its been since October. They are going to focus my outpatient therapy on both knees and see if we can strengthen the right one, too. I'm excited about that.
    Good to see new people and old friends here. Keep posting. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    My Swiss rail pass just came via UPS! Squee!! I'm getting so excited!!