Tall girls who wear High Heels!!! ( Guys Opinion Needed)

Options

Replies

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    who cares what guys think? i'm 5'10" and i go out in 5"+ heels all the time.. if a guy has a problem with it, he's just insecure with his own height.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", which is just tall enough for people to notice that I'm tall. Most of the guys around me who are into the same things I am (comics, video games, etc) tend to be shorter, usually around 5'6". They also seem to be the ones who care the least, or are perhaps more attracted to tall women. When I wear tall heels, it automatically weeds out the guys who are too superficial to date a girl taller than them. Seems like a perfect solution to me.
  • ton40orbust
    Options
    I had an ex where I basically HAD to wear heels when we went out because I was 5'6 and he was 6'9 if I wore flats I was to short to kiss without massive amounts of awkward.

I had another ex where I was not allowed to wear heels, because he was 5'7 and uncomfortable with me being taller then him, even though I looked awesome. It got to the point where he kept an extra pair of his work boots in the car (same size feet) and if I was wearing heels he would ask me to wear his work boots instead. None of his friends understood his logic. if I'm wearing heels, I'm wearing very tall heels (4+ inches) Putting my boobs at his eye level and making my short stubby legs look amazing. But he was so insecure with his height, and with the fact that other guys would occasionally comment on me looking good that he got very controlling over my footwear, which then led to clothing, which then led to me dumping him.

My FI doesn't care what I have on my feet or what I wear. He's 6'3 and said good luck making myself taller.

If you're confident in your heels and know how to walk in them wear them. A guy who is uncomfortable with being shorter isn't worth it.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I always wear high heels and don't date guys shorter than me.

I'm 5.10 or a bit taller.
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Are you tall as well, or is she the only girl in the family tall?

I got a helluva lot of taunting about my height when I was growing up, but the one thing that made it all ok was that my mom primed me for being proud of my height. She was constantly telling me how great it was to be tall, how I'd be tall like her and my dad, how a tall woman should stand tall and walk proud... She did this on purpose WELL before I started growing (And I grew 8 " in about 4 months)

I am doing the same thing with my two girls...
    ages 5 and 7 - currently 4' and 4'5"

one thing I know... no matter whether you are tall, short, or average - kids are going to find ways to make you unhappy about yourself. Good luck - tall can be painfully awkward sometimes!

This. I'm almost 6' 1" and the only thing that really made it better was that my dad (who's 6' 8") was always really proud of my height. I was roughly 6 ft upon entering high school so I know how it feels to be tall at that age. It was even worse for me because I take after my dad's height and my mom's curves. I've always been broad shouldered and busty with child bearing hips. I stand out.

My sister, who's actually 5'10" used to want to be 6 ft so badly. It was her goal before she got all the "guys don't like girls who are taller" bs. Keep telling her how special her height makes her.

I actually want to recommend a book. It's called "The Tall Book". It's written by a 6'3" (I think) woman and it's an absolutely fantastic perspective on height. I would have really benefited from reading it during adolescence.

Tell her how beautiful and unique she is. Have her meet other tall women. Show her that it doesn't mean she'll be dateless forever (most of my boyfriends have been shorter than me actually). It's really important because I have a few friends who are super tall and have very low self-esteem because of it. They won't date shorter men and think that they're too tall to be pretty. You need to make sure she knows how gorgeous she is.

I'm 5'11" and my husband of 12 years is 5'7" and he loves my height. Everyone in my immediate family is 5'11" or taller, but my husband is the tallest in his immediate family. Kind of funny. As a teenager and even in my 20's I was pretty self-conscious about it. Even now, if I had the choice, I'd like to knock off a couple inches. Shopping would just be so much simpler! But, God made me who I am, and frankly, what can I do about it?

The best thing you can do is help her learn to be comfortable in her own skin. She'll get the good comments (you look like a model) and she'll get the annoying comments (you must have been the star of your basketball team in school). Tell her to stand up straight and just be proud of who she is.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I'm 6'4 with my favorite heels on. My husband is 6'3. He doesn't mind one bit.
  • Tinyfigure
    Tinyfigure Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, I wear 4-5 inch heels on a daily basis. I can walk in them perfectly, and I don't see the problem. If someone is intimidated, they obviously have some issues on their own that they need to work on. No one can tell me what to wear and what not to wear.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Not often a girl is taller then me (6'0). But even when she is taler, wear high heels. It looks so sexy. :wink:
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Im 6 ft tall and I sometimes wear 3 0r 4 inch heals :) My husband loves it and hes only 5"7
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I work with a lady who is six feet tall and she wears heels and doesn't care who she's taller than. And she looks awesome in them.
  • BenPolonowski
    BenPolonowski Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am 6' 5" so I think it is awesome when a woman wears heels, especially to bed:blushing:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I am tall for a female 5'8" though most say I must be 5'9"

From my experience there are men that like taller women and men that are intimidated by tall women. It isn't about if the men are intimidated or if they find tall women more attractive, but more about how secure or sexy said tall female finds herself. No matter what body type or height you are their will be men that do not find you appealing or intimidating, thus the real opinion that matters is you.
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft 2 in tall and 64 years old and I've forgotten what the question was.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    What an awful problem to have.
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options

Ha!! Love this. Getting old's a bish.
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1", I wear 4 inch heels and my husband (who is 5'9") loves it. If I'm not scaring people, I'm not tall enough! :bigsmile:
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hell no!!

Wear those heels, girl!!
  • malloryandtalon
    Options
    I am 5'10 and my boyfriend is only 5'4. He thinks its the sexiest thing ever if I wear heels. I asked him what he was comfortable with for prom and he told me he would love a 4" heel on me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and my boyfriend is only 5'4. He thinks its the sexiest thing ever if I wear heels. I asked him what he was comfortable with for prom and he told me he would love a 4" heel on me.

Strong first zombie post.