Are u aware of BB hip thrusts work glutes more than squats?

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    Options
    It's unfortunate that the OP had to turn a good topic into this nonsense post. Just because she has a napoleon complex.

It is kind of a shame. Nothing destroys a thread like sheer lunacy.

I still think barbell thrusts are a good accessory lift, but they are certainly not the be all, end all.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Did someone say TWERK :bigsmile:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    are we rollin this soon?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you roll your own tampons and can kick start a vibrator...and your vag may have teeth.

I find posturing unsexy

AB workout done now...thanks.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    can't believe everyone's (sorry not everyone) still hatin' on you.

love you for letting me know about these - have DOMS in my *kitten* - that hasn't happened for awhile.

AND i'd leave a gym where you weren't allowed to drop the weights (i work out at home so its not an issue for me :)) - safety first, why put extra strain on your back if you're going for a new PR :/

Dropping weights for safety or on a 1RM is not the same as slamming around the weights to make you look "badass"
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    are we rollin this soon?

I'm on a lunch - lets roll this sucker. Maybe the 2nd thread will only be filled with good information about hip thrust - not ego, badassery* and unsafe advice on starting weights.

IF you do these for the first time use the BAR and work your way up. :flowerforyou:

*I don't believe the ops actions in the gym are actually badassery - but I covered that earlier. :bigsmile:
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

Yep, 70 lbs for HIP THRUSTS....

READ THE POST OF THE PERSON YOU QUOTED... THEY WROTE

"Hmmmm thought you said people that couldn't squat 70 but I'm not re-reading 20 pages to find it."

SQUAT

SQUAT

SQUAT

When did I say 70 lbs for SQUAT? I said HIP THRUSTS... and I still stand by that...

Do you even read?

So you only commented on the first page - ok then :huh:

NO I don't have time to read 20 pages and apparently neither did the person who chose to ONLY quote your posts from the 1st page. *smh*

Do you even count? :laugh:
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to get a good groove going with barbell glute bridges or hip thrusts, but I do get an extraordinary glute workout from SLDL's. My $.02
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Cliff's?
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    We went to the gym on Sunday & I convinced my DH to try weighted bridges. We started with the bare bar and it was waaaaaaay too easy for both of us (from the floor). It felt like nothing but getting plates on to the bar & getting going with a real set wasn't something we were ready to do yet (logistics, thanks for the link btw) we couldn't quite figure how to load less than #2 45# plates & then there was the issue of padding of some sort.

Does anyone know if we can use foam pipe insulation on the bar or do we need to buy some kind of padding?

Haven't figured out a way to work them in to our workouts yet but will likely use as a finisher as someone already suggested. Currently doing squats, DL, straight legged DL, OHP, etc. all compound, 5x3.

I'm also looking for a way to work in kb on our off days, soooo..yeah. There's that. Anyhow, dramatics aside, I guess we'll see this week how this pans out.

Use the pad that people use for squats... take it from the squat rack

doy :laugh: I didn't think of that :drinker: I'll do that next time. I forgot to mention, I saw there was a guy at our gym using a 45# plate on a bench to do one legged dip looking things...are these also a thing? If so, what please?
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Cliff's?
    impossible.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    are we rollin this soon?

I'm on a lunch - lets roll this sucker. Maybe the 2nd thread will only be filled with good information about hip thrust - not ego, badassery* and unsafe advice on starting weights.

IF you do these for the first time use the BAR and work your way up. :flowerforyou:

*I don't believe the ops actions in the gym are actually badassery - but I covered that earlier. :bigsmile:

Agreed and as I am returning to lifting (only using barbell this time) I would like some good information and experieces about this. I love my squats and wont be giving those up but if this is presented properly (not with some "badass" trying to shove her way down my throat) I would consider incorporating these into my workout at some point.

As for the antics in the gym..Yah no one looks at someone doing that as a badass...more of a dumbass and they are really just shaking their heads and are in disbelief...
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    getting my gloves on and ready to roll.:bigsmile:
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Original Post
    Just read this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1106697-flat-bum of someone asking advice about what to do about a flat butt and everyone is like SQUATS.... Yes; barbell squats are one of the compound moves you should do for dat *kitten*.

But are you aware that barbell hip thrusts have been scientifically proven in EMG testing to stimulate MORE glute activity than squats or deadlifts....???? It is the #1 exercise for everyone that wants a nice booty. In addition to hip thrusts you should do barbell squats, deads and other accessory exercises etc but hip thrusts are the most effective...

For form advice search for "Bret Contreras on Youtube" and watch videos on how to perform them.

People are not giving the hip thrust the respect it deserves. Guarantee that if you are doing it right you will feel it in your *kitten* more than squats ever...

Start with body weight and then just 95lbs on the barbell working up to 225lbs... Eventually you will want to be able to do 225 for reps. Also, very important to eat in a caloric surplus to build dat *kitten*.....

As for embarrassment; just get over it. I have no shame and no embarrassment. I am a female and when the power racks are taken I will myself take up an entire bench press and do my thrusts right in the middle of the gym while the entire gym stares in awe. It's not embarrassing but badass when you hip thrust a crap ton of weight and 99 percent of guys at the gym are too ignorant to even know what a hip thrust is or what the heck you are doing. My glute aesthetics is 100x more important than what strangers are thinking of me in the gym.

So just try it once!
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    dingdingding...ROUND TWO.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    In! tumblr_mqv8dvG2oy1so18vqo2_r1_500.gif
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    27817377.jpg
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    All in.
    8fb.gif
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    That awkward moment when you realize that "twerking" is the way you have always danced? Yeah, that happened to me after the Miley incident.

This thread is like a car crash....omg I just can't stop.

Oh....and on a side note :laugh: I workout at home and use a folded up towel under the bar to help with cushioning. That tends to help a great deal. I actually did American deadlifts this morning for the first time and oh yes, that is another bootylicious exercise. I am loving this whole Strong Curves book so far :bigsmile:
  • phatguerilla
    phatguerilla Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    There's some serious tommie tough guy stuff going on in that thread....