Do you have any tattoos?

Replies

• anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    I didn't get a tattoo until I turned 26, then I finally thought of something I would want forever, I designed an anklet with charms on it that represent the most important people in my life. A lilac for my grandmother, a diamond for my mother, a princess crown for my daughter, a butterfly for my sister, and a four leaf clover for my late grandfather. Many tattoos combined into one relatively small one :wink:
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    One.

Left forearm, a dragon resting on a large Celtic triskelle with a band of smaller triskelles. I didn't get it until I was 27. Everyone has that list of things they're going to do before they get married/have kids/settle down. I looked at my list when I got married, and I hadn't done a single one, the tattoo seemed like the easiest.

10 years later I've been itching for another, just can't decide what I want.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    I have a panther, Angel wings with a star of life, a frog-prince, an apple, a LARGE backpacking/mountain thigh piece, a half sleeve with mountains and snowflakes...I am working on an Alice in ONEderland themed one for when I reach goal...something along the lines of "Eat me, Drink me!"
  • I don't have any yet but I'm thinking about getting a tibetan mantra on my inner forearm and adding to it to make it a sleeve later on :)
  • samkelly89
    samkelly89 Posts: 198 Member
    I have one which is almost the whole left side of my back. It says proverbs 3:3 around a cherry blossom branch.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    how do you add a picture as a reply?
  • I have three...all can be easily covered but each is very meaningful to me.

1st - I got in 2009 - two horseshoes linked together on the front of my right shoulder near my collarbone (grew up with horses but had a very rough childhood as far as family was concerned so they were always my escape). I chose the placement because I had actually torn all the muscle off my collarbone on that side in a riding accident when I was 13 (among many other injuries but at other times).

2nd - Feb 2012 - 3 stars, one for each of my sisters - across the top of my right thigh with a quote reading "Revel in the Chaos" through them. Goes with the rough childhood and learning to persevere when things are rough instead of trying to hide from it. Was with my youngest sister when this was done, she got a tattoo that was Latin but translated to "My sister is my hero" with my initials under it. She died 6 weeks later.

3rd - April 2012 - "life is a beautiful struggle - Haylie - 4/17/95-3/23/12" going down the left side of my back for my youngest sister after she was killed in a car accident.

I will likely never get another one, but if I were to. It would be a turtle with the shell being compromised of my grandpa's badge number, no idea on placement.
  • DSTMT
    Nevermind, I think I figured it out...here's mine, I just got it three weeks ago, my first and possibly only, it's my family name in Arabic.

donetat.jpg
  • missashleigh92
    missashleigh92 Posts: 37 Member
    6.. they remind me of the time i got them and what was happening in my life then; and the geisha on my arm is my favourite painting by an artist called audrey kawasaki. i want more, i also want to get into tattooing myself as im big on art and drawing and would love to learn how to do it on skin and have my work on people forever. In case you didnt notice, i adore tattoos :D
  • DSTMT
    I don't suppose you have a pic of the geisha one, do you? That sounds really nice, I'd love to see it!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    uum, no, I am a pure, virgin, clean,,,
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    I have two.
    One on my wrist which is a bracelet type made up of my familys fingerprints.
    One on my back I got in Bulgaria, matching with my sister a feather with 2 birds coming off it and the stem spiralling into a heart
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    A Celtic band on my ankle, a vine of cherry blossoms going up my foot to mid calf, a quote on my ribs, and a tribal on my hip. I want to cover the tribal, and do a big side piece with sugar skulls and flowers.
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    I have none, yet :°(
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    I have one, its on my upper back.

χάρις - Greek for charis/grace the root word of my name.
    Got it at the time for religious reasons, not religious anymore, but still means a lot to me. No regrets :smile:
  • amandajeanAKAaj
    amandajeanAKAaj Posts: 84 Member
    I don't have any. When I was 16 I told everyone I wanted one and even had it drawn out and knew exactly where I was going to put it. Of course, my mom did NOT approve and I had to wait until I was 18. However, on my 18th birthday my grandad gave me the money I would need to get my tat but made me promise to at least wait until I was 24. Now here I sit at 27, I still have the picture of the tat I was going to get but never did and thank him for making me promise to wait. He knew me better than I knew myself. I change my mind on what I like A LOT and for me it would have been a mistake. I like looking at other peoples tats, but they are just not for me.
  • I have one on my leg, one on my neck one on my left wrist and a full sleeve on my right arm. I only just finished the sleeve about 30 minutes ago and it stings like a ***** :P
  • DSTMT
    Congrats on your new ink! I found the itching as it healed to be worse than the stinging, and mine is relatively small, I can't imagine how much a full sleeve would itch!
  • Congrats on your new ink! I found the itching as it healed to be worse than the stinging, and mine is relatively small, I can't imagine how much a full sleeve would itch!

I'm one for picking at scabs :P So definitely not looking forward to the itching part lol.
  • DSTMT
    My tattoo guy put the fear into me lol he told me that if I picked at the scabs it could cause the ink to not set properly (or something to that effect) and it would end up blotchy and uneven and have to be redone, so as much as it drove me crazy, I didn't do much more than slap at it when I couldn't take it anymore haha