An open letter...

Options

Replies

• buggaboo73
    Options
    To my darling cats......

While I appreciate your concern that I might get lonely on the toilet, I really do not need your assistance. I've been going by myself for 35 yeras now. Besides....I have good stuff to read in there. Honest. So it's completely unnecessary for you to push the door open, come in, rub up against me, wait for me to shut the door, and then go nudge it back open so you can leave.

Also.....to the one who sits on the bathroom sink and wants me to turn the faucet on so you can get a drink while I'm in there (you know who you are).....if you bat me in the head again while I'm trying to pee at 3 a.m. I will flush you.

While we are talking, if you wind around my legs while I'm carrying laundry down the stairs, you will most likely be crushed under the weight of my fat *kitten* when I trip. Just sayin'.

Lastly, being out of cat food for 17.5 minutes does not mean you are starving.

Sincerely,

Your Slave for Life
    "Mom"
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Dear other MFP'ers:

Thank you for highlighting the struggles you have with your husbands, for it makes me truly appreciate mine that much more.

Dear Husband:

Thank you for consistently cleaning up after yourself, filling up the tank for me, cooking dinner for me, bringing inthe lion's share of the money, always being supportive no matter what I have dreamed up, and generally being the greatest husband of all time.

No doubt, I'm pretty damn thankful for my man, we're a great team! and i compare our "coupledom" to many others, and we're a pretty good couple
  • Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    Dear Family,

I've cleaned house today. I'm thinking of changing the locks... and my name. It's not Mom or mommy or mama anymore. And NO - you don't get the new key and I'm not telling you my new name.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!!!!!! I tell my kids all the time that I am changing my name and running away from home if they don't stop fighting and whining!
  • Gogo76
    Options
    Dear Darling Daughters,

I appreciate the fact that you love to talk to me about anything and everything. I love hearing about your day, your friends, your favorite TV show, the weather, and even what "the mean boy on the bus" did today, but for the LOVE OF GOD can you wait to tell me all of this after I get done going to the bathroom, taking a shower, or changing my clothes?? Once in a while is okay, but I really don't remember signing the contract in the hospital that said that I have to have an audience for these events every day.

Love and kisses,
    Your peeing and/or naked mom

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dearest Lyssa-Lou,

I love that you can get dressed by yourself and you are a VERY independant child, but please at least attempt to coordinate some matching clothing. Purple stripes do not go with red plaid and yellow socks.....and NO you cannot wear your skirt and flipflops to school when it is 30 below outside.

Love Always,
    Your practical mother
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    To my darling cats......

While I appreciate your concern that I might get lonely on the toilet, I really do not need your assistance. I've been going by myself for 35 yeras now. Besides....I have good stuff to read in there. Honest. So it's completely unnecessary for you to push the door open, come in, rub up against me, wait for me to shut the door, and then go nudge it back open so you can leave.

Also.....to the one who sits on the bathroom sink and wants me to turn the faucet on so you can get a drink while I'm in there (you know who you are).....if you bat me in the head again while I'm trying to pee at 3 a.m. I will flush you.

While we are talking, if you wind around my legs while I'm carrying laundry down the stairs, you will most likely be crushed under the weight of my fat *kitten* when I trip. Just sayin'.

Sincerely,

Your Slave for Life
    "Mom"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love it! I have two dogs and a cat - they all must accompany me to the bathroom, its like a herd. And my cat too goes crazy as soon as she finishes the last morsel of food in her bowl. She also loves to repeatedly pull open and shut the vanity door when she decides she is hungry in the middle of the night. "I will flush you" love that!
  • curlytop89
    curlytop89 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Dear Sweet Baby,
    I hope you learn to speak whole sentences soon so you can tell me what you want instead of throwing yourself in the floor and screaming while I try to figure it out.

Love,
    Mama
  • katekizm
    katekizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Dear Co-workers,

You have a job, therefore you should act like an adult.
    I do not run a day care.

Thanks,
    Me
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Dear Family,

I've cleaned house today. I'm thinking of changing the locks... and my name. It's not Mom or mommy or mama anymore. And NO - you don't get the new key and I'm not telling you my new name.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA!!!!!! I tell my kids all the time that I am changing my name and running away from home if they don't stop fighting and whining!

lol my mom use to say that to me all the time, i told her to feel free, but leave money for the bills...
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Dear Boss,

I appreciate the fact that you think I have more fashion sense than you, however I must tell you that it skeeves me out everytime you fly out of your office with three ties dangling in the wind as you button your shirt and ask my opinion as to which one you should wear. Either (1) divorce your wife and marry me (therefore ensuring I get all that loot you make (2) hire me as a fashion consultant (therefore ensuring I get all that loot you make or (3) leave me the F alone and figure it out for yourself. Also please note that you ONLY own 4 ties and three suits in the four years I've worked for you, chances are we've exhausted EVERY color combination available and ANYTHING you go with will work.

Signed,

Broke and not your d@mn wife
  • sabrina35
    Options
    Dear Daughter,

I understand this is that this is your first year in college and I'm very, very proud of you. But, understand that mommy is not your personal ATM. I know that you want to hangout with your friends and enjoy yourself but I don't think spending nearly $100 on a halloween costum was a wise choice, getting your hair and nails done on not so regular basis (excessive) so therefore I montoring your account just a little bit more, which I'm only transferring money on an emergency basis until I feel you are more responsible on handling more.

One more thing my gorgeous, brilliant 18 yr old college student, I put a block on your phone where you can only call me or daddy during certain times. It's called PARENTAL CONTROL! I love Verizone for having this feature. So now you know why you can't talk or text in the middle of the night. That time is for sleeping, getting ready for classes the next day. Just another thing- you can't you use your phone during school hrs as well, just only to call the people I put on the list. Emergency Only. I did free it up on Fridays because you don't have class or should I add this day for studying- hmmm. just a thought. We'll see what those grades look like.

if you have a problem with this please call 1-800- Get A JOB

Your loving mother
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    To my darling cats......

Sincerely,

Your Slave for Life
    "Mom"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love it! I have two dogs and a cat - they all must accompany me to the bathroom, its like a herd. And my cat too goes crazy as soon as she finishes the last morsel of food in her bowl. She also loves to repeatedly pull open and shut the vanity door when she decides she is hungry in the middle of the night. "I will flush you" love that!

They are hilarious aren't they? I have FOUR so when they "think" they are hungry they tag team meowing and tripping me. And I seriously do have one that camps out at the bathroom sink all day and night cause he loves to drink out of the sink, and if you sit on the toilet without turning on the faucet he'll bat you in the head until you turn it on!

I'm glad you appreciated!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Dear boyfriend,
    You are amazing and intelligent; you work so hard and are so good to my son and myself. I hate picking up your socks, but I love it when you pick my son up from school. I’m tired of doing the dishes, but thank you for taking the trash out. Yes, I remembered to record Futurama, thanks for not complaining about the Kardashians. Much. Of course dinner will be hot and waiting when you get home, stop judging my Pizza Hut skills. You know I’m not saying I told you so, but we both knew I was telling the truth when I said you’d re-enlist within six months. I did take a day off work without pay; I’m cleaning your parents’ house the day before Thanksgiving. You know I don’t mind, whatever it is, I don’t mind.
    Now where the hell is my ring already??

I love you ridiculously,
    Still freaking waiting

Payroll lady at the doctors office 100 miles away,
    I am SO sorry your internet isn’t working! It really sucks that it needs to be in by 5pm and you waited until 4:45 pm to try to enter it. Also, since you keep screaming at me I’m gonna go ahead and put in your trouble ticket. And take my happy *kitten* home.

The b!tch at the phone company

PS It’s an outage. Ha.

My *****es,
    I miss you. It would be great if you came to visit.

Rack

Dear worst parents I’ve ever had the “pleasure” of knowing,
    Where were you when we were playing on the Slip’N’Slide?
    You were high. You didn’t even call.
    Where were you when she started ‘school’?
    Where were you when she couldn’t fit in her sandals and she got to shop her little heart out?
    Where were you when I was baking her birthday cake?
    Where were you when she woke up crying and begging for her mommy & daddy?
    Where were you when she got big girl panties?
    Where were you when we were picking out pumpkins and taking a hayride?
    Where were you when we decided she would be Ariel for Halloween?
    Where were you when we were writing letters to Santa?
    Where were you when we were planning Thanksgiving dinner?
    Where were you when she was waiting all those Mondays for visitation with her mommy & daddy?
    She deserves better than you.
    And when her grandma cried?
    You were high. You only called to ask for money.
    You were raised better. They deserve better.

Always,
    The woman who loves your daughter (and mother) like you should
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    Dear TOM, (time of the month for those who aren't in the know) :laugh:

Why do you hate me so? Let me just say that hate is definitely mutual. You always come at the wrong time. And that little stunt you pulled last night making me cry for no reason....not cool...so not cool. :grumble: And for the love of god why do you make me feel like the ugliest person on the planet. And chocolate cravings really? I thought we were over this, you and I. I thought we had came to an agreement. I truly hate you and can't wait til you split the scene. I wish you'd get lost on the way somewhere never to return. :tongue:

yours,

the hormonal mess you visit 12 times a year :grumble:

Dear husband,

It's not cool to leave the kitchen a total wreck after you just had to fix a snack (which you didn't need to start with). You expect me to clean up that crap tomorrow, I know, you've done it a million times. That pisses me off to the max. I'm so glad TOM is in town this week because otherwise that little kitchen fiasco would have earned you a sleep on the couch night. And really making me take the dog for a walk at midnight in the cold, that was just icing on the cake. :grumble:

Love,

"yeah I'm in a *****y mood so leave me alone"
  • Gogo76
    Options
    Dear Meeting Facilitator,

I know that we only have meetings once a month, but could you speed up the process a bit today? You are starting to sound a little like the teacher from Charlie Brown and I am intentionally blocking out your annoying voice in my head. I don't think that any of your topics are important enough to warrant a full blown meeting. Couldn't you just send an email and be done with it? That way I could just delete your *kitten* and go about my day. And for the record, stale doughnuts at 1pm in the afternoon is not a good enough incentive to make me bring my *kitten* here on the third Thursday of every month.

Sincerely,
    Your Unappreciative Employee
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Dear Dog,
    Yes, you are the cutest dog on the planet, but it does not mean I have to freeze my butt off while you sniff everything up and down the street while trying to find a good spot to take care of your "business". Please, in the future, choose quickly so that I can get to work on time. There will be an extra treat in your bowl if you do!! Regards
    Your obedient Servant

OMG, this is the funniest thing ever! My dog not only sniffs everything she finds but also does the "fake squat" thing (where she squats just long enough for the joy that this excursion will soon be over to wash over me only to stand back up to find a better spot - what the hell is she looking for?!?!?!)
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Dear fiance,

I love you more than I will be able to put into words. I feel truly blessed that you came into my life but my life does not always revolve around you. No I can not just stay home tonight instead of going to the gym. I can not just think about going to the gym and loose weight like you. Yes I do need money for another outfit, come one man I am loosing weight here and you spend money on "necessities" like cartons of cigarettes. We have been together for a long time babe but that doesn't mean I don't still need to feel like you think I am beautiful.

Love,

Your wifey

p.s. putting broccoli in chicken alfrdeo does not make it diet chicken alfredo

Dear Jelly Belly,

I would say nice to meet you but that would be lying. I am not sure where you came from but you kind of creeped up on me. I will be walking down the isle soon and I would really like to feel beautiful that day. Please go away!

Thanks!!!!

Natalie
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Dear Daughter,

I understand this is that this is your first year in college and I'm very, very proud of you. But, understand that mommy is not your personal ATM. I know that you want to hangout with your friends and enjoy yourself but I don't think spending nearly $100 on a halloween costum was a wise choice, getting your hair and nails done on not so regular basis (excessive) so therefore I montoring your account just a little bit more, which I'm only transferring money on an emergency basis until I feel you are more responsible on handling more.

One more thing my gorgeous, brilliant 18 yr old college student, I put a block on your phone where you can only call me or daddy during certain times. It's called PARENTAL CONTROL! I love Verizone for having this feature. So now you know why you can't talk or text in the middle of the night. That time is for sleeping, getting ready for classes the next day. Just another thing- you can't you use your phone during school hrs as well, just only to call the people I put on the list. Emergency Only. I did free it up on Fridays because you don't have class or should I add this day for studying- hmmm. just a thought. We'll see what those grades look like.

if you have a problem with this please call 1-800- Get A JOB

Your loving mother

MOMMY -
    I AM SO SORRY. You're right, I really didn't appreciate what you did for me. But now that I'm a mom and your curse came true and I had one JUST LIKE ME I really miss you and would love a hug right now.
    LOVE,
    JAN

(my mommy is dead but this sounds just like me in college and what she'd say to me and I'll give you the apology I owed her.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options

p.s. putting broccoli in chicken alfrdeo does not make it diet chicken alfredo

I just shot decaf out my nose.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,929 Member
    Options
    Dear Deer,

Please stay off the roads tonight. You're only going to get yourself killed. Mostly, I don't want to be the one who does it, seems how I'll be in my VEHICLE. If you really have a death wish, hang out in the woods and don't run for the people in orange. They're better equipped than me to take care of that wish for you. And, it'll cost me a lot less money.

Love,
    Drive who hates driving during deer season

P.S. If you choose to run out in front of me, you'll make good stew.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Hubs,

I love you. I really do. However, last night, you were really pushing your luck. Please don't treat me like a service call. Not one of your better ideas.

Love,
    Your Wife