Would you date someone overweight?

Options

Replies

• craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I don't really know if this is a serious topic, but just in case it is, I'll answer it seriously.

It depends. I have an ED and am battling my own weight, so being around people who have no self-control around food is death to me. If the guy, regardless of his size, is watching the portions, etc., of what he eats and works out, and doesn't want to eat pounds of grease and lard every night for dinner with a couple of pounds of sugar for dessert (in other words, fast food), then I have no problem dating someone overweight.

Overweight people (myself included!!!) however, usually became obese because of lack of self-control around food. I know that I'm not strong enough to overcome the "WTH" attitude around food. Someday . . . but today is NOT the day. :ohwell:
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I did, and the sex was great but going out was not so good

Jealous. I had the opposite experience, which ultimately ended both of my long term relationships. I can go all night, so overweight or not thats something I need in a man.

And with this post you're amount of pervy PMs from guys are going to double lol. I always dated heavy folks because it never occurred to me i could get anyone else.

*deletes Pervy PM*. Don't know what you're talking about. I would date someone overweight. Probably not morbidly obese. The initial physical attraction has to be there for me, but personality can go a very long way.

I agree as long as the personality was there that's what matters. I've seen some folks who actually looked better being heavy than when they got skinny which is kinda odd. Sadly i'm just ugly no matter what lol. Plus i'd rather date someone a bit heavy if i'm heavy just so there's no chance of weight related accidents lol. skinny folks may break easily.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I did, and the sex was great but going out was not so good

Jealous. I had the opposite experience, which ultimately ended both of my long term relationships. I can go all night, so overweight or not thats something I need in a man.

All night? Who has the time?

If someone doesn't have the time to do that at least once and awhile I won't be happy haha.

I have a job. I need at least some sleep.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Would you date someone overweight? Why or why not?
    Absolutely...a number on the scale doesn't matter very much to me.

Well there are extremes in either direction.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Would you date someone who's underweight?....

Anyhow, I wouldn't date someone who's grossly overweight. Why? Because I'm at the point in my life where I'm TRYNG HARDER to change my eating habits, and life style. Someone, whether slim or obese, who isn't on the same page as me will get the boot.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I like them strong and cuddly. So yes if we have similar interests, he get's my sense of humour and he treats me properly I totally would! Looks draw me in but personality is what keeps me interested :)
  • SweetTrouble_
    SweetTrouble_ Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Would you date someone overweight? Why or why not?
    Absolutely...a number on the scale doesn't matter very much to me.

Well there are extremes in either direction.
    I know there's exceptions, but it's very possible the reason that someone is extremely under or overweight would be the deal breaker.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have always been a teddy bear chaser! Love big huge cuddly men. Married one toboot!
  • mercergirl2008
    mercergirl2008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have in the past. It's more important that they are a good person and treat me right. :)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Oh there is no question I would. I more about who the person is rather than what. Now I get that activity levels may be different between us, but I do my work for me and my health so it's all good. Maybe I'd motivate her maybe I wouldn't but it wouldn't change how I felt.
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    N/A

Ive never dated anyone and dont ever plan to :tongue:
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Size doesn't make a jot of difference to me. Personality really is all that matters.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    If I'm attracted to somebody then I'm attracted to somebody. I'm quite random, to be honest!
  • livingfortheone
    livingfortheone Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Attraction is not weight-related. I have been attracted to skinny gals and heavy gals. It's the personality that I fall for, or in my case, fell for!
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    All I want to know is if those two from earlier in the thread patched up their differences at Red Lobster.
  • Fab30s
    Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am overweight. And my answer is I don't know. I have only dated athletic guys to this point, never dated an overweight guy before. I kinda intentionally avoid advances from overweight guys. I think it's really a reflection of how I feel about myself. I do not like the fact that I am overweight, don't think it's an attractive trait about me, so not attracted to overweight guys either. We'll see how I feel after I lose 50 pounds :)
  • ianlikesholidays
    ianlikesholidays Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    To be honest even if it's not politically correct!
    I just don't find fat / flab sexually attractive, so can't see any point in going on a date with a fat woman.
    I would certainly go out as friends but definitely not a date.
  • 24lol25
    24lol25 Posts: 49
    Options
    I care more about their personality than their weight.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Depends on their attitude. I HATE when really fat people say they are happy how they are because I do not believe you can be genuinely happy when you're harming your body like that. But if they are health aware and were generally a great person then I might.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I am still "obese" just wanted to put that out there but think I look over like I am in the overweight section. With that being said I would date someone who was overweight and probably obese (I have never asked a date his weight) but I would be a little scared to at the same time if they weren't content with their weight. Trying to lose weight I think it would be hard to be with someone that was obese and happy with it because I would be scared I would go back to my old ways. Plus I like to push myself to look better when in a relationship with someone but if he was extremely large I don't know if I would that. But if he was trying to lose weight as well I think it would be different for me. Hopefully this didn't come over extremely rude or anything just giving my opinion.