Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Fitness Goals – Well, if I am feeling a little froggy… I’ll JUMP! Otherwise, I will not be doing much of anything aside from my hourly walks around the office building when my work load permits. Less is more is what has been working for me these last few weeks and if it ain’t broke…

@Tanya – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Here’s to 41 more years!!

@Laurie – My mileage goal for June will be 60 miles again.

@FeraFilia and @Kaye – your quick 2-3 ingredient recipes sound yummy! I have a similar one (I’ve yet to try) that calls for a bag of frozen fruit (your choice), a yellow cake mix and a can of Sprite or 7-up layered in that order in a 9x13 NOT STIRRED then baked.

@Robin – Congrats on your good news! It’s time to concentrate on the good now. Let’s hope you are starting to turn the corner!

@Tammy – Wishing you good luck in keeping Zeus calm for the next week or so. That is never an easy task. My fur baby, Oscar, is an older one (12 yr Pug) and I’m in the opposite boat. I am trying to GET him to MOVE! He’s a bit over weight lately and not the nimble youngster that would play fetch for hours and hours up and down the hallway. He was always a grazer until we got a second dog, Ike, a little over a year ago. Now, as soon as the food is put down, he inhales his and tries to move on to Ike’s food. We have to watch him carefully because he rules the roost and Ike will back away from his own food bowl and allow Oscar to eat it all. Ike is a border collie/pitbull mix (we think) and yet Oscar is the alpha.

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss!
    And…
    Don’t sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    6/1: 1.0
    6/2: rest
    6/3: 17.77 BIKE
    2.6 WALK

Total: 21.37
    Goal: 150 miles
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Fitness Goal: Just keep upping my walking. Next week I'll be able to get back into business.

@KJeffries...good for you for standing up for what you want. Hopefully, you will become closer to your family now that you'll be able to spend more time with them.

@Tanya...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm 41 as well...it's a good year. :wink: I love that the fact that your folks thought of you when doing a small cake...that's awesome!

@Karen...congrats on getting your papers done. whoo! Good time on the race.

@Robin...busy, busy, busy. I always think "If I can just get through this week, then it'll slow down." The problem is I keep repeating that week after week. :laugh: I'm so glad you've finally gotten some good news. Now take it slow and build up...don't go too fast/far or you'll set yourself back.

@Robin B...what size bag of fruit for that cake? Sounds intriguing. Glad you are having success. As we've heard before it's 80% about what we put in our bodies 20% about exercising.

AFM: Today is my "kick butt" evening. Last night, I did my Ab Challenge and pretty much went to bed. VBS is exhausting!!! :embarassed: Today the plan is to finalize my "to-do" list, drop off some fruit to my sister and Mom, go to VBS, run to my other sister and pick up the cheesecakes she made me and then come home and accomplish as much as possible on my list. I only have to work until 11:45 tomorrow and the in-laws aren't showing up until about 6 so that gives me time to do those last minute things like bathrooms and floors. I think my son will get to spend some time in a laundromat as I need to wash my comforter before they sleep under it. I don't think I can spare the 2 hours, but he can sit and play his iPod. :bigsmile:

Off to pay some bills!! Have a great Tuesday everyone. Let's kick some mileage butt this month (and not forget our water :drinker: ).
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Fitness Goals: Try to find another way to get lots of walking in! I was dog sitting the last few days, so I'd walk to my friends house, walk the dog, then walk back, 2 or 3 times a day. Sometimes hubby would do the early morning one without me. Mornings are not my thing.

Also, I'm traveling the 4th thru the 9th, so my goal is to do my best to stay on plan. It's not a 'vacation' really, it's sort of a business trip for my husband, and I'm tagging along because this event is near some of my family that I haven't seen in a couple years, and we're going for a quick visit after the church assembly is done. So, Sunday will be a "free" day (visiting all the family) but the other days I'm gonna do my best to stay within my calories.

Also, help a newbie out... I keep seeing people post, but I can't figure out what AFM means?
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    AFM = As for Me
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    It has happened again....this tread has moved way to fast for me. I have no internet at home and work has been super busy. I haven't seen posts since last Thursday.

Goal today is to get candy molds for my son's graduation mints that have to be made by Thursday this week. I know I am slacking but they will get done.

I finally got my fitbit connected to this website.

Hope everyone is doing good.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    AFM = As for Me

Thank you! I thought that might be it, but I wasn't completely sure. :)
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Afternoon!

Mileage (as pathetic as it is).

6/1 - 0
    6/2 - .75 miles
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Mymowmow: any mileage is good! It's more than a lot of people went today :)
  • upmommyof5
    upmommyof5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started out at 259 and my goal weight is about 150. Good luck to us all! Feel free to add me!! :smile:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kaye- How many miles is your goal?

MsFrizz- I am confirming that your mileage goal is 20 miles. (5 miles x 4 weeks)-not sure if you want to adjust for the last couple of days of June or make it 25 miles. Let me know.

Robin- Yeah for the good news from the doc and that the exercise is working. Take it easy and ease back into the longer distances.

Truth- I have been slacking all with food and eating way to many sweets. I need to change this behavior so my goal is to get myself back on track and return to healthy eating and preparing my own food. Yes, I have been eating out to many times in the last 2 weeks. So my goal is to refocus my efforts and reduce the amount of sweets.

Have a great day.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--I have been the same way with the sweets/treats. I find that now that my schedule has opened up at school, it's harder to stay on track. For example, today I ate breakfast and then a colleague asked if I wanted to go pick up lunch with her at Mariano's (a grocery store similar to Whole Foods). I bought a fresh sushi roll which wasn't a bad choice calorie-wise, but I ate it way earlier than I normally eat lunch. Then I was hungry during afternoon training and kept eating the Hershey's dark chocolate miniatures the trainer brought. :grumble: I also need to re-focus and stop with the snacking.

@kris--aimee is right! Every little bit adds up! :flowerforyou:

@holly--it's good to hear your son is graduating--i know you were worried about his focus with school earlier in the year. Don't worry about keeping up with every post, just jump in when you can--we all get busy and understand. :smile:

@tracy & p1xy--thanks about the papers. :happy: It's pretty weird to have so much free time at work. Even with training sessions during 2 of my open periods today, I feel a little aimless at work. I always clean/organize our 2 book rooms at this point of the year, but I finished that today. However, some teachers may still have books in their rooms, so I need to check on that before declaring the job officially complete. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty to do for next year;it's just hard to stay focused with such a complete lack of structure in my day.

Tuesday Goals:
    I find I need to make a new list of odds and ends I want to accomplish during these last couple of weeks of school. Otherwise, I fear I will fritter away my time and be kicking myself in August.

Work goals:
    1. check for books in classrooms to finish organizing book rooms
    2. organize AP binders
    3. file stack of papers on my desk
    4. shred old AP exams

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + mow lawn DONE
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + Relay for Life (overnight)
    Sun--walk gunner

30-day Ab Challenge: Days completed: 2/30

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = miles
    6/5 = miles
    6/6 = miles
    6/7 = miles
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Laurie, I kept my 100 mile goal because we will be gone for a week at the end of June. My mileage today is 5 miles. I'm right there with you and Karen on the sweets. Got to cut it out!
    Karen, glad your year is winding down. Nicole is having a very stressful time right now. She was told last week that, due to shrinking enrollment and budget cuts, she will be teaching all of the 8th grade English classes. They will have a Para in the library, so she is still expected to do the ordering, cataloguing, and train the Para. She will also still be running the AR reading program. They said they would 'try' to get her some extra money for the extra work. She is broken hearted about her library. She has loved it and worked so hard to make it relevant and helpful for the teachers. She is a very good teacher, and I know she will pull it off in fine style, but she is sure stressed right now. I'm just glad she has dual certification so she still has a job.
    Robin, I am so glad that you have some good news for a change. As the others have said, ease back into your activity so you won't get hurt.
    We can do this! Onward and downward. Kaye
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Just dropping in for my June 3 milage: 2.4

Good night everyone... I'll be back on Monday night! :)
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Somewhat back in the land of the living. Darn head cold. I was considering going to class today, but I think I'll attempt a walk with the dog instead as it would be embarrassing to have to stop in the middle of class to blow my nose! I'll update my mileage (and hopefully get caught up with personals) later.

Have a good day!

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

So far: 4.02 miles
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    Well, my mileage challenge is already starting to fail it seems, hopefully I can play catch up on the weekends. Work has been having me work through my lunch breaks and yesterday I worked late so by the time I got home I only had time to feed the animals and make dinner. We had a 7 million dollar bid going out today so the work was understandable. I've got another bid going out today too so we'll see if I have to work late and through lunch. With the farm I can't stay out too late otherwise I can't get my stuff done that has to be done. Once the barn is finished there won't be as big a need for daylight.

My Wednesday wish is for my fall semester to magically be paid for. I don't qualify for assistance or even the government loans anymore since my husband had a good year last year (although our insurance increase balanced off the additional income). Managed to pay for summer out of pocket, but I'm needing to go full-time this fall so I can push for graduation next summer.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @painted--isn't it amazing how much school costs! I maxed out my pay lane a couple of years ago after 10 years of graduate classes, and I can't tell you what a huge difference it made in my day to day living once I didn't have to pay for school. We had been paycheck to paycheck for so long that I actually thought something was wrong when I actually had money left over after paying the bills. I kept checking to see that I wasn't forgetting something--but no, it was just not having to pay for grad school that made such a difference. I don't even miss the tax break.

@L2T--glad your head is starting to clear. :flowerforyou:

@kaye--I'm sorry for your daughter's situation at work. It always makes me sad to hear school teachers or programs get cut due to funding. I love this country, but we really need to get our priorities straight when it comes to educating our children. Literacy is such a vital skill, and the school cuts a librarian?!?! Ridiculous.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @laurie--I have been the same way with the sweets/treats. I find that now that my schedule has opened up at school, it's harder to stay on track. For example, today I ate breakfast and then a colleague asked if I wanted to go pick up lunch with her at Mariano's (a grocery store similar to Whole Foods). I bought a fresh sushi roll which wasn't a bad choice calorie-wise, but I ate it way earlier than I normally eat lunch. Then I was hungry during afternoon training and kept eating the Hershey's dark chocolate miniatures the trainer brought. :grumble: I also need to re-focus and stop with the snacking.

@kris--aimee is right! Every little bit adds up! :flowerforyou:

@holly--it's good to hear your son is graduating--i know you were worried about his focus with school earlier in the year. Don't worry about keeping up with every post, just jump in when you can--we all get busy and understand. :smile:

@tracy & p1xy--thanks about the papers. :happy: It's pretty weird to have so much free time at work. Even with training sessions during 2 of my open periods today, I feel a little aimless at work. I always clean/organize our 2 book rooms at this point of the year, but I finished that today. However, some teachers may still have books in their rooms, so I need to check on that before declaring the job officially complete. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty to do for next year;it's just hard to stay focused with such a complete lack of structure in my day.

Tuesday Goals:
    I find I need to make a new list of odds and ends I want to accomplish during these last couple of weeks of school. Otherwise, I fear I will fritter away my time and be kicking myself in August.

Work goals:
    1. check for books in classrooms to finish organizing book rooms
    2. organize AP binders
    3. file stack of papers on my desk
    4. shred old AP exams

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + mow lawn DONE
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + Relay for Life (overnight)
    Sun--walk gunner

30-day Ab Challenge: Days completed: 2/30

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = miles
    6/5 = miles
    6/6 = miles
    6/7 = miles

Thanks Karen it has been a challenge but he made all his credits on time.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

603_zps3889ed05.jpg

Today is Hug Your Cat Day. Go ahead and give your cat a big, furry hug.

“Our food should be our medicine and our medicine should be our food.” ~Hippocrates

Tom