Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for: June 3--5 miles, 6/5--4.23 miles, 6/10--5 miles
    I really wish that I had had a pedometer today. We spent 5 hours with our son and his family at the zoo. Then we went shopping at Costco and Wince. I am counting 2 miles for my hour of water aerobics this morning and 3 miles for the zoo, even though I'm pretty sure it was more.
    It was a really fun day. Our grandsons are 5 & 3. They are so curious and exuberant. They were delightful. Baby Jane Kaye is 4 months old. She was really good. She especially liked the front carrier on her daddy, because she could see everything. My favorite was the butterfly exhibit. They are all so beautiful and there is something so symbolic about the emergence of a butterfly from the cocoon. They were landing all over on us.
    Robin, thank you for your interest in my granddaughter's mission. Our missionaries are called as individuals, but serve with many others who have been called to that particular mission. They always have one other missionary assigned as a companion. She will be with several hundred other young missionaries at the Missionary Training Center in Mexico City. I think her language training will be for 8 weeks. There will be some traveling back to her mission with her. There will between 150 & 200 missionaries assigned to her mission. The chances are that they will all be people whom she has never met before.
    Young women serve for 18 months and young men for 24 months. They are called at different times so there is always a mix of experienced missionaries, beginners, and everything in between.
    I haven't logged my food for today, but I think that I did ok.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    2.5 miles for June 10.

I don't know what's going on, but I'm really, really snacky tonight. So glad I spent the 3 dollars on a yummy flavor of gum or I would have munched my way through a can of pistachios. It was a weird day in general... So lazy. I didn't want to *do* anything. I guess that's normal after the last week. Forced myself to walk around my apartment complex a few times to get some kind of movement in, but not too thrilled with the end result. Oh well. I'll definitely be going to the gym (such as it is) tomorrow.

Headed to bed now... Good night all. :)
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Not much to report today other than my cleaning craze continues as does the count down to vacation. Yesterday I got the drapes hemmed, straightened out our closet and the garage. When DH got home, I was struggling to get the laundry room junk drawer out so I could organize it. He gave me his "my wife is slightly crazy" look and reminded me of why it was called a junk drawer and if the plane went down, no one would judge me based on one messy drawer in the house. I had to laugh. He knows me so well. Then I proceeded to clean out the drawer. Yeah, I guess I am "slightly" crazy and OCD.

Have a great day!

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17
    6/6 - 2.74
    6/7 - 4.24
    6/8 - 4.12
    6/9 - 2.74
    6/10 - Rest Day
    6/11 - 2.91

Total - 25.67
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning people.

610_zps8df4b186.jpg

Every day is a holiday so I cannot use that as an excuse for unhealthy eating.:grumble:

Happy NATIONAL CORN ON THE COB DAY
    Fresh corn on the cob is a backyard barbecue favorite and summertime treat that people of all ages, across the nation, look forward to as we start the picnic season and therefore June 11 of each year celebrates National Corn on the Cob Day.

“Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person’s physical, emotional, and mental states.” ~Carol Welch

Tom
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    Now I have time to update, last night I only had time to update my mileage.

I'm down to only 1.5 weeks of freedom, then Summer B starts. I'm not looking forward to going back, but it is what it is at this point. I can't wait til I'm completely done next year. Really really can't wait.

I'm also dreading the food issue when it starts back. I don't have a dorm and I don't know anyone that lives on campus so I have no access to a microwave or anything to heat food up if I do pack it. And while I do like salads, a salad Mon-Thurs for months on end is not my idea of enjoyable. I don't get home til after 10PM so it's not feasible to eat once I'm home. I leave for school directly after work because I don't have time to go home (opposite direction of school) before heading to school. I mean I have a lot of options when it comes to places to eat, but I'm also trying to scrape pennies right now too.

Plus, has anyone ever started just losing the taste for things? I gag eating chicken, beef or deer now. I just can't eat it anymore, not as a hamburger, not in a casserole, nothing. I'm basically down to pork and fish (which I only like tilapia or mahi mahi). It's driving me insane because I enjoy variety of foods and cook that way. It's driving my husband insane because I can't eat a lot of the things he likes. The taste change just came on all of a sudden and each time I try to eat it, I start to gag. I can manage a hamburger if it's a thin one and a strong sauce on it. My husband is a carnivore so he's not in to the eating more vegetarian and nags me when I don't eat the meat portion if I cook dinner. Last night he had leftovers of the chicken tikki marsala, I had a grilled cheese sandwich.
  • Hi everyone! I'm restarting my journey after quitting for 3 years and gaining all the weight i lost, plus more...

I've got a 10 year anniversary trip booked to Negril Jamaica booked for next June and would like to lose as much as i possibly can by then!

I'd appreciate all of your support!!

One Love
    Phil
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    So, I've been the victim of a catch-22, according to my new doctor. The good thing, I've lost weight because I've taken up jogging/power walking. BUT, the bad thing is, that because I'm carrying over 100lbs more than I should be, it irritated the tissues of my left foot and now I've got plantar fasciitis. She's told me to lay off it so I can heal. :sad:

I guess that means I'll be using the stupid, stupid, STUPID :explode: (can you tell I don't like it?) stationary bike for the next couple of weeks to get my miles in. I'm really not thrilled about it. Sure, I can watch TV while I'm on the bike, but aside from a few specific shows, I don't really LIKE watching TV. My morning jogs are what keep me from snapping at people (as much) and are one of my few opportunities to have time to myself. :cry:

My Wednesday wish is that I heal from this quickly because I wanna get back outside NOW!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    6/1: 1.0
    6/2: rest
    6/3: 20.37
    6/4: rest :( it rained
    6/5: 21.35
    6/6: 5
    6/7: 1.37
    6/8: 2.53
    6/9: 5
    6/10: rest
    6/11: 17.37

Total: 73.99 miles
    Goal: 150 miles
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    We are excited that our oldest granddaughter has received her call to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She will serve for 18 months in the Ogden, Utah Mission, speaking Spanish. She will receive her language training at the Missionary Training Center in Mexico City. Super proud of her....
    Kaye

Very cool! If you remember I have two boys out. One in South Africa, Johnesburg and the other in Boston Mass. Mission. Oldest is coming home end of Oct. this year the other is just 12 weeks out, in South Africa. I am very close to Ogden.

Gained a couple lbs this last week and one the week before, so it seems i am going the wrong way. So much eating out. We have to stop that and eat regular portions. Got to go for a walk at lunch.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Lives2Travel - I do t hat crazy "What if someone has to go in our house while we're gone?!" OCD cleaning frenzy before I leave to go anywhere, too. Not to the level of organizing the junk drawer, but pretty close.

Painted - Those long days with no access to food prep are no fun! Trying to come up with some suggestions of cold foods, but since you aren't liking chicken, it's hard. Could you shred some of the meats you like, and put them in a wrap or a pita pocket, and keep them in a cooler (or stash them in a fridge at work?)? Take some fruits, veggies, and cheese cubes with you? I like a mixture of lightly salted nuts and fiber one cereal as a sweet/salty/crunchy snack that's pretty filling.

Phil - Welcome, good luck, and congrats on 10 years! :)

mzfrizz - I don't like the stationary bike either! I can tolerate a treadmill with the right music and/or the right show on TV but having to use the stationary bike makes me cringe. I had to use it for cardio, per doctor's orders, a couple years ago when I had lost a bunch of weight (before gaining it back) and he was mad at me for all the walking/jogging I was doing (c25k) because apparently (according to the MRI) I have a partially torn ligament in my right ankle that isn't supposed to be used like that. I would just close my eyes and focus on being small enough to actually run outside on the beach. :)

Congrats to the two of you with family on LDS missions! I know mission work is very emotionally and spiritually fulfilling.

So..... this morning I couldn't resist a step on the scale to see what a day of decent eating, proper hydration, and a (very) little exercise would do for my weight... and was surprised to see another 2.2 pound drop. I guess I was carrying more water weight than originally anticipated from all of the sodium heavy meals and sitting in the car for hours. On the call-seeking front for my hubby... the call committee should be meeting tonight, so it's very possible that he'll get a phone call from them tomorrow looking for a second interview, this one with the church council. I didn't realize how involved this process was! It's definitely a test of patience, for sure. Saying prayers for good news, and if y'all wouldn't mind sending one up for us, we'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    NSV Wednesday (LOL)

Despite resetting my eating goals yesterday, I failed miserably again today. A cheese string and homemade chocolate fudgesicle were the only foods I did not buy today. :frown: As a result, when I got home I was tired, felt sluggish and had a nap. I had the intention of going for my run when I woke up, but it took over 2 hours to talk myself into actually going. Excuse after excuse went through my head, but I finally dragged myself out and did it. Surprisingly I managed my longest run, both time and distance. I was going to stop at 5k but an Eminem song had just started and spurred me on. 6.48k in 49 min. (My 5k split was 40.56... a PB!)

June goal:25 miles (running only)

6/1: 1.9
    6/3: 2
    6/5: 2.5
    6/8: 2.5 (dammmm... my hip hurts )
    6/11: 4

Total: 12.9
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I am finally getting back to normal and life is settling down. Only 5 more school days this year. Tomorrow is the last full day of school and my students are testing all day. So it should be a good day. Then I will just need to get those tests graded and finish my grades. After that I can pack and clean my room so it can be moved over the summer. I still need to work on the slide show for 8th grade celebration but the good news is that a parent has volunteered to help. I just need to transfer some more pictures to a USB drive. I can and will get everything done just give me time. Especially since I still want to play and have fun.

Kaye- Thank you for the update on miles.

Tanya- Good run and congrats on getting out and doing plus a PB.

Mzfrizz- I know you don't like stationary bikes but try this drill. Use one foot and pedal for 30 seconds as fast as you can. Then keep pedaling and change feet. Repeat either by adding seconds or increasing the resistance keep going for 5 rounds then come back down. It will help to strengthen your legs and keep the biking from becoming common place. Are you using ice for the plantar fascitis= freeze a water bottle and roll your foot on it, a tennis ball also works. You can also do some strength training for your abductors and adductors. You use those muscles when you run.

aimee- You are doing amazing with the miles. You rock.

I had a great workout tonight with plenty of energy left over to bike then walk another .5 miles. Tonight was a trainer workout- 1.5 mile run, .5 walking (warm up and cool down laps), core work mixed with cardio pace followed by a 9.6 mile bike ride and a cool down walk. Tomorrow, I hope to attend the softball game after school and maybe I will play but not sure. The last time I played softball, I came away with 2 black eyes and a broken nose not ready to repeat that experience.

Have a great night and day tomorrow.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I will post status updates tomorrow night. I am waiting on a few people for updates.

The numbers I am looking for are from the first week of June. June 1- June 7

Hansea
    Robin E
    p1nxy
    KaraK80
    kjeffries (just let me know if you have any mileage from the first week of June)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

@laurie--sounds like a great workout. Congrats with being almost done with school--isn't it such a great feeling? We are done tomorrow--I have to give 2 finals in the morning and grade and enter them--then I'm ALL DONE! :bigsmile: I spent the past 2 days cleaning up my room and office, so I should be set to leave for the summer at 3:26 tomorrow.

@tanya--awesome NSV! It's so great when you don't even feel like going for a run and have a PB. :drinker:

@fera--awesome that you dropped more weight! :drinker: Also, keeping my fingers crossed that your DH gets the call.

@ushkii--<in my best military command-type voice> A-BOUT Face!! Get yourself turned around and going in the right direction! :wink:

@aimee--great mileage!

@mzfrizz--what laurie said about the ice bottle or tennis ball. Also, look into getting orthotics--if you have good medical insurance go with custom ones from a podiatrist or orthopedist. If that's not financially an option, look into some OTC ones. They saved my feet and allow me to run with no flare ups.

@phil--welcome! :flowerforyou:

@painted--I've developed a liking for healthier food, but I've never just lost the taste for a food overnight.

@tom--I love corn on the cob, though I don't like corn in any other foods.

@L2T--that's funny about the cleaning. I also like the house to be clean before vacation, but only b/c it's so nice to come home to a clean house, I honestly don't care about other people seeing the mess. :laugh:

@kaye--that sounds like a nice day at the zoo. It is one of my favorite activities. Can't wait to take my niece this summer.

@hansea--That's great that your kids are enjoying camp! You are spot on with the "food and drinks" comment. :laugh: I really don't like watching baseball--it's just too slow for me. I love the atmosphere of the ball park though, and it's a really fun way to spend the day with co-workers, many of whom I don't get to socialize with that often. There are about 40 of us going. We take a Coach bus and one of the teachers does a sort of "roast." Once we arrive at the park, we have burgers and brats at one of the pavilions in the parking lot. Then we head into the game--admittedly, most of us spend the majority of the game in the bar. :blushing:

Wed. Wish:
    My wish is that we all keep doing a great job with this month's mileage challenge. It's so inspiring to see the miles you guys post.

I had a good day today. We had our last faculty meeting which included a catered lunch from Moe's Southwest Grill. I had one chicken taco, plus a couple of chips with guacamole. I skipped the cookies they had for dessert. :happy: I didn't stay out long after school, so when I got home I walked gunner and decided to go to the gym. I only did 25 minutes on the elliptical, but that's a bonus b/c I had no intention of even working out today.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = 1.5 miles
    6/5 = 3 miles
    6/6 = 0 miles
    6/7 = 6 miles
    6/8 = 2 miles
    6/9 = 1 mile
    6/10 = 1 mile
    6/11 = 4 miles
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Hope everyone still remembers me at least! I've been gone for a few weeks now. I was home after finals and got busy with some medical things, and then I drove about 1200 miles with my dad to my internship in Monterey, CA. My weight has been stalled out for a while and I'm at a loss. I'm taking a month long break from the scales here (not least in part because I fear the roadtrip with my dad did me in on progress) but because my life is a little hectic at the moment. I also turned 21 about a week ago, and the prolonged/slightly lonely birthday celebrations weren't excessive, but may have left me at a genuine plateau.

My position is a little hectic, and my apartment is at double capacity for the firt weeks I'm here so I'm still stressed out. I've joined a gym and have been doing a lot of exercise that's new to me (lots of biking, some exercise classes and really bizarre cardio machines at the new gym here). Hoping that on top of being good about batch cooking and using my new slow cooker helps.

I really hope I can keep up with you all form this point in the summer onwards.
  • Yama317
    Yama317 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone! I need to lose a lot of weight to feel good again. Hoping by becoming a bit more active in this forum I can have more accountability and have a higher chance of sticking to my goals!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage 6/11: 2.25 miles
    Mileage not so good today. We celebrated our 49th anniversary today with a trip to the temple in Boise and dinner at Red Lobster. I only got my water aerobics and a short walk from Nicole's house this evening. It was too late for any more. I was over on my calorie count but still under maintenance.
    Welcome back, Rain. Hope you have a good summer.
    Yama, welcome to our group. If you come here often and participate you will find friends and lots of encouragement.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    June 11 - 3.0 miles
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie - this is for you dear. and I hope you are feeling better. Are the antibiotics working (I havien't read any posts on the last 2 pages yet, past my bedtime) I am planning on catching up tomorrow before I head out into a BRAVE NEW WORLD!. HINT HINT!

Here's my exercise info: You should have prior info. If you don't have it, I do.

6/5 – 1 mile
    6/6 – 1 mile
    6/7 –1 mile
    6/8 – rest day
    6/9 – 1.5 miles
    6/10 – 1 mile
    6/11 – rest day - reported 6/11. Total miles to date: 7
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am now officially off intentional exercise, as my PT is very concerned with the level of inflammation in my ankle. Guess I'll just use my fitbit stats from now on, but will have to adjust my goal. Really sad and frustrated right now.

For right now, I'm only counting the mileage after 5,000 steps. When I'm done work at the end of next week, I'll probably change that to general mileage.

June 1 - 3 miles
    June 3 - 3 miles
    June 6 - 4 miles
    June 7 - 2 miles
    June 8 - 4 miles
    June 9 - 2.5 miles
    June 10 - 2 miles
    June 11 - 1.5 miles

Total: 22 miles
    June goal: 50 miles