What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud because I stayed within my calories for the first time since last Friday...yeah...over a week...granted, the night is not over...but I am already tucked away in my bedroom, watching the Biggest Loser, with my pudding cups and my water next to me...so hopefully I won't have to leave my room at all anymore tonight which will keep me away from the kitchen and within my calories...I know I just need one day of being back on track to get me headed in the right direction again...afterall, it only took one splurge day to put me on the downward spiral of going over my calories...so here's to being successful and within my calories today!

I am so proud of you TODAY is the day!! I also think lifting hand weights while watching BL is a great idea! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Wtg! :)
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Wtg! :)

Hey you too! Here's to getting back on track! :drinker:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Oh oh OH! I forgot to mention the thing that I am MOST proud of today! My doctor called me and told me that my bloodwork came back for my thyroid. The last time it was tested it was 3.55 and now it is...drum roll please...

0...yes that's a ZERO! 0.29...

Now the numbers don't mean much to me, and they probably don't mean much to you guys either BUT...I know it DOES mean that my doctor can start lowering my dosage for my thyroid medication and hopefully I can stop taking it entirely at some point in the near future!!! YAY!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oh oh OH! I forgot to mention the thing that I am MOST proud of today! My doctor called me and told me that my bloodwork came back for my thyroid. The last time it was tested it was 3.55 and now it is...drum roll please...

Now the numbers don't mean much to me, and they probably don't mean much to you guys either BUT...I know it DOES mean that my doctor can start lowering my dosage for my thyroid medication and hopefully I can stop taking it entirely at some point in the near future!!! YAY!

Three cheers for lowered medication!
    hip hip hurray!
    hip hip hurray!
    hip hip huray!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

hip hip hurray!
    hip hip hurray!
    hip hip huray!

Well it's not lowered yet, but it will be within the next month or so...I think the highest my TSH levels were was 19 something...VERY high...I think my doctor said healthy is under 6...so she was very happy with 3.55...and now 0.29 is so awesome! So, let's get rid of the thyroid AND blood pressure medication! I have already halved my dosage of depression medication...and if I got rid of that plus the thyroid and two blood pressure meds I won't have to take anything except my daily multi-vitamin...and that has always been one of my weight loss goals...I am so excited!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of everybody! YAY us!! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Today I ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant and got a salad with chicken on it. When it came out covered in cheese (that the menu didn't mention!!) I knocked a whole bunch of it off, and didn't eat the whole thing because I got full. I ate 2 chips and no more.

And then I came home and did my Zumba dvd for the first time!!

It was a good day....
  • prinzess44
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone just wanted to say that I weighed in last night and I'm down 3 lbs in a week:happy: :happy:
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    what are resistance bands?
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I went to Burger King with my mom for lunch but I got a salad with my burger and only ate 3 of my mom's fries. And I resisted their Hershey's pie. (Mmm)
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I'm so proud of everybody! YAY us!! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Today I ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant and got a salad with chicken on it. When it came out covered in cheese (that the menu didn't mention!!) I knocked a whole bunch of it off, and didn't eat the whole thing because I got full. I ate 2 chips and no more.

And then I came home and did my Zumba dvd for the first time!!

It was a good day....

Oh MY you WERE a good girl today! Isnt it great we dont use the excuse...well they brought to me, cant waste it!....any longer?

I have to go to zumba. I just found one right down the street for 10bucks! They also teach salsa and I may sign up for that again.

Let me know how the zumba dvd is, I may buy it!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone just wanted to say that I weighed in last night and I'm down 3 lbs in a week:happy: :happy:

Woo HOO!!! Did you say bye bye to those 3 pounds, cuz they are GONE FOREVER!!!

That is great!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Today I did NOT have the cookies that I oh so wanted to have while waiting for dinner to be ready. :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    what are resistance bands?

they are exercise bands. you can get them at a sporting goods store for around 10 dollars. You use them like weights. bicep curls, tricep kick backs...I am so sore from doing squats with them-YEAH!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I went to Burger King with my mom for lunch but I got a salad with my burger and only ate 3 of my mom's fries. And I resisted their Hershey's pie. (Mmm)

You are amazing! I have to avoid those rest. all together cuz I dont think I could keep from eating the stuff I wanted, or it would be torture!

Resisting the Hersheys pie gets you mr banana dance!!
    0002013F.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Today I did NOT have the cookies that I oh so wanted to have while waiting for dinner to be ready. :bigsmile:

mmmmmmmm cookies..uh sorry ......I mean GOOD FOR YOU! Now you have more calories for the good stuff!! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

hip hip hurray!
    hip hip hurray!
    hip hip huray!

Well it's not lowered yet, but it will be within the next month or so...I think the highest my TSH levels were was 19 something...VERY high...I think my doctor said healthy is under 6...so she was very happy with 3.55...and now 0.29 is so awesome! So, let's get rid of the thyroid AND blood pressure medication! I have already halved my dosage of depression medication...and if I got rid of that plus the thyroid and two blood pressure meds I won't have to take anything except my daily multi-vitamin...and that has always been one of my weight loss goals...I am so excited!

You should be excited, it is happening because you are making wiser choices. Like weight lifting exercises while watching BL!! Yeah YOU!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options

hip hip hurray!
    hip hip hurray!
    hip hip huray!

You should be excited, it is happening because you are making wiser choices. Like weight lifting exercises while watching BL!! Yeah YOU!!:drinker: :drinker:

Thanks so much...you pretty much rocked the BL commercial breaks too! yay!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Today, as I was driving into town to pick up the 15 year old from swim team practice, I saw a mini van at the side of the highway. A little white haired lady got out and was looking at the side and under her van. I got out with my cell phone, thinking that if she needed help changing her tire, I probably wouldn't be able to do much but call someone else. She said it sounded like something was dragging under her van, so I got down on the road and looked, (praying the whole time that nobody would run over me) and dragged a big huge stick out from under there. It was hung up on some pipe or something under there, so it took some working, but she was so thankful.... She followed me up the highway, and as I was turning off, she beeped and waved. Good feeling to help someone. I almost always stop (although I'm less likely to get out if it's a guy--I just holler from my window if they need me to call someone), because I figure karma will come around some day and save me when I'm stuck.
    -Robin
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Well today - I controlled how much I ate from take out chinese but even so I was over on my calories so instead of saying oh well - I worked out on my Wii Fit for 30 minutes! Brought me back down.