What have YOU done today to make you feel proud? (bl)

Options

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    got out of bed!

Hey sometimes that is quite an accomplishment...hope your day was a good one!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Went on JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) Walk for a Cure today in honor of my 11 year old daughter, diagnosed at age 5. It's a rotten disease, and she struggles so much remembering why she's special and why she needs to take good care of her health, remember her insulin, et cetera. We wanted to get her into the world of diabetes again ( we hadn't done this type of walk in several years-- life has been beating us up so badly, no time-- but it was important to resume) to help her remember she's not alone.

It was a beautiful day-- foliage in peak color, beautiful blue sky, cool, crisp, breathtaking fall morning. It took us 2 hours to complete the route, walking at a good pace, pushing nearly 100 pounds of kid in the stroller since my 6 year old pooped out. What a great workout-- and an awesome day!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm just now on here right before I go back to bed! I've had a migraine and general ickiness all day. About all I have to be proud of is that I did actually log my food ... and only went over by 157. A big downfall for me is when I don't feel well ... I still tend to overeat unless I'm actually nauseated... which I very seldom am.

Oh well, tomorrow is a NEW day and at least I didn't completely lose it and eat everything in sight. And I also found that my stomach really doesn't like me much when I overeat ... hmm... changes....

Good going today, my peeps ... have a sweet sleep and I'll check back tomorrow.

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • mamatjtr
    Options
    I SAID NO TO FUDGE BROWNIES AFTER DINNER WITH ICE CREAM:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: AND FINISH MY SALAD
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    got out of bed!

That is a good start to ANY day!!
    000200D6.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I SAID NO TO FUDGE BROWNIES AFTER DINNER WITH ICE CREAM:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: AND FINISH MY SALAD

Oh my, salad instead of brownies?!?! What kinda world do we live in?
    dancin banana man for you, chickie!
    0002013F.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ugh, I'm just now on here right before I go back to bed! I've had a migraine and general ickiness all day. About all I have to be proud of is that I did actually log my food ... and only went over by 157. A big downfall for me is when I don't feel well ... I still tend to overeat unless I'm actually nauseated... which I very seldom am.

Oh well, tomorrow is a NEW day and at least I didn't completely lose it and eat everything in sight. And I also found that my stomach really doesn't like me much when I overeat ... hmm... changes....

So sorry about your migraine, I get them and just that you could EAT is a good thing, no matter what it was. I hope it is gone today!
    Was there a time you would have used this as an excuse to eat like a nut? And then as if that wasnt enough, today you would need to reward yourself by eating whatever you wanted, cuz geez you did have a migraine?

If so then you did FANTASTIC by only going over a little bit! I am proud of you!
    Big HUGZ
    000200BF.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Went on JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) Walk for a Cure today in honor of my 11 year old daughter, diagnosed at age 5. It's a rotten disease, and she struggles so much remembering why she's special and why she needs to take good care of her health, remember her insulin, et cetera. We wanted to get her into the world of diabetes again ( we hadn't done this type of walk in several years-- life has been beating us up so badly, no time-- but it was important to resume) to help her remember she's not alone.

It was a beautiful day-- foliage in peak color, beautiful blue sky, cool, crisp, breathtaking fall morning. It took us 2 hours to complete the route, walking at a good pace, pushing nearly 100 pounds of kid in the stroller since my 6 year old pooped out. What a great workout-- and an awesome day!

Marla, you have much to be proud of!
    You are: 000201F6.gif MOM
  • Marla64
    Options
    got out of bed!

That is a good start to ANY day!!
    000200D6.gif

Downright crucial, I'd say. :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options

Marla, you have much to be proud of!
    You are: 000201F6.gif MOM

You're a sweet lady-- thankyou.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options

So sorry about your migraine, I get them and just that you could EAT is a good thing, no matter what it was. I hope it is gone today!
    Was there a time you would have used this as an excuse to eat like a nut? And then as if that wasnt enough, today you would need to reward yourself by eating whatever you wanted, cuz geez you did have a migraine?

If so then you did FANTASTIC by only going over a little bit! I am proud of you!
    Big HUGZ
    000200BF.gif

:heart: Thanks, Jeannie! You are a sweetheart!! :heart:

Oh yeah, baby ... whenEVER I have not felt good I have used that as an excuse to have a super pity piggy party for myself. So it is a step in the right direction to have at least been accountable and written it down. I think that is a big reason why I am as heavy as I am today because I do get migraines a lot and also have problems with depression, especially in the fall & winter.

I'm still a bit on the yucky side today but trying to press on and at least get done what I gotta do.

What I NEED to do is remember this: in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. I Thes. 5:18. That's been my cure for a little bit of depression in the past, and it's always worked!

Have a great day everybody!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Umm, I finally moved taylor's room around and installed all the cabinet locks lol
    and so far have eaten 1 pancake with SF maple syrup on it all day!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    For lunch, I had a salad and only 1/4 of my Olive Garden leftovers.

As soon as I woke up, I changed to my workout clothes so as soon as my baby would lay down for a cat nap, I'd be ready to workout. (I did 20 minutes of excercise ball workout.)
  • tresa1234
    Options

That walk sounds so great, Marla! Juvenile diabetes is a cause close to my heart ... my dad had type 1 diabetes. It is a disease that I pray & hope they can find a CURE for soon because it IS really rotten. Thank you for helping the cause!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tresa1234
    Options

Way to go!! That is so NOT easy to do ... you should be proud!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Big HUGZ
    000200BF.gif

:heart: Thanks, Jeannie! You are a sweetheart!! :heart:

Oh yeah, baby ... whenEVER I have not felt good I have used that as an excuse to have a super pity piggy party for myself. So it is a step in the right direction to have at least been accountable and written it down. I think that is a big reason why I am as heavy as I am today because I do get migraines a lot and also have problems with depression, especially in the fall & winter.

I'm still a bit on the yucky side today but trying to press on and at least get done what I gotta do.

What I NEED to do is remember this: in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. I Thes. 5:18. That's been my cure for a little bit of depression in the past, and it's always worked!

Have a great day everybody!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Good quote! Hope your feeling better today!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Umm, I finally moved taylor's room around and installed all the cabinet locks lol
    and so far have eaten 1 pancake with SF maple syrup on it all day!

Isnt it wonderful to finish a project!?! Now eat some protien you!!!

000202F7.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    For lunch, I had a salad and only 1/4 of my Olive Garden leftovers.

As soon as I woke up, I changed to my workout clothes so as soon as my baby would lay down for a cat nap, I'd be ready to workout. (I did 20 minutes of excercise ball workout.)

Good for you! I remember looking forward to nappy time!
    000200D7.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I went to Wendy's and ate a grilled chicken salad! With 1/2 the packet of lite dressing! :noway: :laugh:

We should all feel very proud today!
    000202BE.gif
  • tresa1234
    Options
    I went to Wendy's and ate a grilled chicken salad! With 1/2 the packet of lite dressing! :noway: :laugh:

We should all feel very proud today!
    000202BE.gif

Great choice! Yay for you! Now let's see if I know how to add this in here .... hmm...

000202B2.gif

I'm feeling better .... thank you! I did actually get on the elliptical for 30 minutes and I'm pretty sure that helped!