12 Wks Till Summer Challenge - 9 Wks To Go!

Options

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Congrats, everyone!

I just started three or four new workouts on April 1st, so I'll be continuing them. I went all the way from 3.0 - 4.7 on the treadmill today.
  • mjtmorr
    mjtmorr Posts: 75
    Options
    GREAT JOB TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks to Vic for the effort put into this challenge and being keeper of the stats!!!
  • 22heather22
    Options
    Great job everyone.

SW 321
    CW 318 4/1
  • Polish_Princess
    Options
    Good job everyone! This week is going to be tough, I'm going on vacation to Florida for a week....Hopefully I'll be able to stay on track with everything. For the challenge though, I'm going to try doing the Biggest Loser workout with my sister. I might miss weigh in this week, so please don't take me off.
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    Awesome job everyone, and thanks again for the beautiful chart!!

Everyone is so motivated and dedicated, I hope that it will really push and inspire me.

I have REALLY been slacking lately, on both food and working out.

Some paperwork mess ups have made me take an unplanned 2 week break from my online classes, and I hope to use this pushback to get back in the swing of things and workout like CRAZY!!

My plan will be to get to the gym 4 days a week both weeks, start the 20 day shred once again, and I am starting softball so I will be practicing with my husband whenever we both have time and the weather is nice. I also want to get on my bike when the weather warms up. Maybe I can start the C25K once again also. Wow, so many goals, maybe I need to focus myself. Well I will finish this paper tonight and retink my plans and goals tomorrow.

Great work everyone!!
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Great job, everyone!

I've just started working out again, so my goal for the challenge is to actually work out 6 days this week. 1 day done so far!! Also getting up the courage to take a group class at my gym. Usually, I'm a solitary person when I work out so that would definitely be new.
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    **THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE:

Push yourself to try something new or do something different to mix up your workout routine. If you normally run, then try a workout video. If you normally do all cardio, try adding some weights. If you normally walk at a slow pace on the treadmill, try speeding up or increasing the incline. Do something different.

If you continue to do the same old thing every day, your body will get used to it and will stop changing. Challenge yourself to do something new. Let us know how it goes. :flowerforyou:

THanks So Much Vic!!!
    I am planning on doingmy C25K on Monday Wed and Friday and then Ripped in 30 every day except for Sunday. I will also try to add some Pilates or something to the off days of the running.
    Great Job everyone and good luck this week!!!
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would love to join as one of the big reasons I'm doing this is to be bikini ready for the summer! Please let me know what info you need from me :happy:
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Not happy with the red numbers :-(. I have a busy week coming up but I'm going to stay on top of it. For the challenge I just ordered 6 week 6 pack and I'm going to add that on top of my gym schedule. I am also going to try and do 45 minutes on the elliptical instead of 30.
  • luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    I have been doing Bob Harpers workouts,so today I just got his new ultimate one,I was only doing about 20 mins of the other workouts n felt beat but today I tryed his new one and done a whole 40 mins !!! Am very happy about that change of doing 20 mins to a 40 min one :)
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This week challenge, I will move on to level 3 of JM 30DS.. I have 6lbs to go to make my 1st mini goal..
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    This Week's Challenge: Try something new!

Normally I do TurboFire 6 days a week, and sometimes even on my day off. Well, today (on my rest day) I decided to go to the gym. I was on the treadmill for 45 minutes. In that time I did a quick 1-2 minute walk to warm up, then ran for 7 minutes (speed 4.7), then walked for 1.5-2 minutes, then I ran again for 10 minutes (speed: 4.8), then walked again for another 1-2 minutes, then ran again for 20 minutes (yowzah!! 15 minutes @ 4.9, then 5 minutes @ 5.0) with ZERO breaks! I finished off by walking for 2-3 minutes.

It was AMAZING!!! I have never been a runner, but since doing Insanity and TurboFire my stamina has improved so much! I actually LIKED it! I look forward to running again next Monday.

Never in my life have I EVER run for more than 5 minutes. I never would have imagined that I could have done 20 straight, and 37 overall. And....I got to 3 miles at exactly 39 minutes. Yay me!

Wishing you all the very best!

Sounds to me like you found a new love, either you love it our you hate it.. and I think now you are ready for your first 5k :) You can do it.. You just proved it to yourself and all of us... Way to go.. I love running and the way you feel after reaching whatever goal you have set for yourself for the day.. Nothing beats that feeling and even thou you dripping in sweat you feel amazing...

Congrats on finding your something new :)
    Laurie
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Way to go "losers!" The chart looks great! :smile:
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to join. How should I go about that?

Post your current weight as of today and your goal weight for June 9th. Keep up with the thread and weigh in any time between Thursday and Sunday.
  • puertoricanlady18
    puertoricanlady18 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Do I have til Sunday to give you my current weight??? Wat does bump mean???
  • Evjones28
    Evjones28 Posts: 70
    Options
    Good job, all ... Thanks for the add to the chart. This is a great idea. :happy:
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options

**THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE:

Push yourself to try something new or do something different to mix up your workout routine. If you normally run, then try a workout video. If you normally do all cardio, try adding some weights. If you normally walk at a slow pace on the treadmill, try speeding up or increasing the incline. Do something different.

If you continue to do the same old thing every day, your body will get used to it and will stop changing. Challenge yourself to do something new. Let us know how it goes. :flowerforyou:

As of today, I added modified push ups to my workout & squats/lunges with 5lb weights. Starting tomorrow, I will be doing the Bridge to 10k program 3 days a week (Tues, Thurs & Sat or Sun)
  • PolyTeine
    PolyTeine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone on the losses .. I got to think of something new for this week :huh:
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just realized i lost 5.7lbs in a week! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    here's to another great week ahead, good luck everyone!

This weeks challenge: workout 2hrs everyday.
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump! thanks again for your hard work in keeping us so motivated! cheers!:drinker: