Just for today -- anyone want to join me on a 10 week "Just for today"

Options

Replies

• losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    Just for today, I will think I am spectacular and be social and inviting when I meet new people, instead of hiding like a mouse. :)

I have to do mine today because tomorrow is going to be a busy one for me. I met several new people today and felt that I did a great job of being social, and kept the shyness at bay. I even told a stranger to have a good day when I got off the elevator.

For tomorrow:

Just for today, I will say no to carbs...
  • CinthyN
    CinthyN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm committed to make a lifestyle change once and for all ... have been logging in everyday and watching what I eat, and get in 5-6x a week of exercise.

So, just for today, I shall:

1. Do HIIT on my elliptical. I'm scared of HIIT as I don't have the endurance for it, and not for 30 minutes. But today i'm going to attempt it!
    2. Drink 1.5 litres of water after my workout. This way, I won't get hungry later in the night.
    3. Not jump on the scale as I am paranoid with weighing myself EVERYDAY, sometimes morning and in the evening again, and when the numbers change, I get depressed.

Good luck with your "Just for Today" folks :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    Not the best day for me yesterday again. Its like once I start eating sugar, it is so hard to stop eating it, and then I just eat more. So yesterday, I did not do very well with my list. I think I was tired, and down from leaving the grandsons,and ate for comfort. So.

Just for today....
    1. NO SUGAR. I will work hard to watch my sugar, and record everything that I eat. I didn't do this yesterday.
    2. I will not look back at my failures, but instead look ahead. I once weighed 220 lbs. Right now I weigh 188. I will look at that success instead of looking at what I did wrong.
    3. I will work harder at drinking my water - just for today.

Gramma Jackie: Our grandsons are 8 and 5. THey live in Michigan, so we only see them maybe 4x a year. It is always hard to leave, as the 8 yr old always cries, and the 5 yr old keeps wanting us to more to Michigan. I think when I get home I eat for comfort - something I definitely did yesterday :(

I also want to lose 8-10 lbs before Christmas. The holiday season is hard, so I really need you guys to be accountable to! SO -- just for today -- I AM GOING TO STICK WITH MY LIST!
  • red_90
    red_90 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in - just for today I'm going to drink 3 litres of water.
  • krsaxton
    krsaxton Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will go to a spinning class.
    Just for today I will drink a minimum of 10 glasses of water.
    Just for today I will use the bathroom upstairs instead of downstairs where I work.
  • elizziegb
    elizziegb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this! I am very close to my goal, and the last few pounds seem to be the hardest. I too have a weakness for sugar and cannot put it down once I start eating it.

- Just for today I will not drink diet soda
    - Just for today I will not eat any added sugars

• sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I need this thread! I have to break down these long term goals into something way more manageable! so here are mine :-)

--just for today I will pre log my day and be at/under goal calories
    --just for today I will drink my 3/32oz water bottles
    --just for today I will run! week 10 day1 of 5k-10k

THANK YOU for starting this! I have recently been on an upwards trend in weight and I know it's because I just don't think that today really matters! This is my turning point!

Ang
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I ALMOST completed my goals yesterday. I did go for a run. I did pack my lunch for today, but I DID cave and ate a mini Butterfinger. Although, I did only eat ONE and that is a victory in itself.

Just for today, I will actually eat the lunch that I brought and wont' give in to the delicious lobster bisque soup on sale next store.

Just for today, I will take a walk during my lunch hour to burn some extra calories. (I am a little sore from my first run in 3 months!).

Just for today I will take the dog for a walk, as our muscles are still recovering from yesterday's run!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,842 Member
    Options
    I was successful with today's workout, healthy food choices and closet clean!

Hubby wanted to run by McDonalds for lunch so had to change my plan! (McRib and yogurt for lunch NO fries) Hubby thought I was sick when I was going through my closet getting rid of clothes, lol.

@alheise12 - "I ALMOST completed my goals yesterday. I did go for a run. I did pack my lunch for today, but I DID cave and ate a mini Butterfinger. Although, I did only eat ONE and that is a victory in itself." I say yesterday was a success for you, ONLY eating ONE candy is an accomplishment, outstanding!
  • anndisme2
    anndisme2 Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thanks for this inspirational post. I need something to get me back on track. Consistency, momentum,...it all happens one day, one step at a time.

Just for today, I:

1. Will log everything I eat.
    2. Will eat at least one fruit or veggie with every meal.
    3. Will drink 4 glasses of water. (I never reach 8....I need a smaller goal! Today I was hungry often, and I think more liquid would help me feel fuller....and maybe keep me away from a second slice of that incredible, moist, sweet zucchini bread on the counter!!!!!!!)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,842 Member
    Options
    Just for today 11/6
    1. Get my morning run in!
    2. Don't let stress @ work get to me! (Results eating late at night)
    3. Remember NO candy at night!
    4. Remember DRINK water 64 oz
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    OP this is such a great thread!
  • djhnd
    djhnd Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Boy does that remind me of my 12 step life: just for today. Of course, you'd never project that past today, but it's an interesting idea. I am a sugar addict in recovery, as well, and right now I better go to bed or I may eat something. Night!
  • mearsy88
    mearsy88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!!! I'm going to try this out. It's the little things that get you through. Plus your more likely to do 3 small things than everything at once!
  • AisPeters
    Options
    This is ace!

Just for today I will:
    1. Go for a 30 minute walk
    2. I will cook or prepare something that takes some skill/effort for at least two of my meals
    3. Drink 5 cups of water
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Just for today

1. I WILL drink my water. At least 8 glasses but try for more. I know it is so good for me.
    2. I am working on incorporating weights into my life which is so hard for me. I will do an upper body workout, regardless of how simple and abbreviated.
    3. I will be positive and productive during the day.
    4. I will make time to meditate tonight.
  • elizziegb
    elizziegb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was successful with both of my goals yesterday, no added sugar and no diet soda. Here are mine for today 11/6.

Just for today:

1. I will stay within my calorie range goal
    2. I will not eat any food with added sugars
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I hit 2/3 yesterday....maybe 96 ounces of water was too high! but every time I wanted to give into a treat etc I thought about this thread and what I wrote and it soooo helped so here we go again!

just for today I will pre log my food and stay under my calorie goal
    just for today I will drink 64 ounces of water
    just for today I will go to the gym even if it's just for a short session!

good luck everyone....I will be thinking of you :smiley:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good for most of the day. But late afternoon got a disturbing letter, stating my mentally ill daughter willl lose her disability. I am just sick. We went out for pizza, and I did good with just 1 piece, but got into the candy corn. But I did get my water in. Today is a new day - we plan on appealing this decision, and going to see her doctors.

so.

just for today -
    1. I will NOT eat for comfort, but eat only when hungry
    2. I will walk tonite, no matter how tired and stressed I feel.
    3. I will drink 8 glasses of water
    4. I will not stress and worry over things I have no control over.
  • beldona1
    beldona1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will not use food for comfort.
    Just for today I will not have my nightly snack.
    Just for today I will drink more water.