Golden Years

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi all... I have been reading this thread with great interest. I am 62 and have struggled with weight all my life. I would love communicate with like-minded folks and would like to join this thread and the Sneakers group.

Merry Christmas!
    Connie

welcome connie to our group I will give your name to our group leader so she can send you an invite. So glad to have you with us her on the golden Years.
    w.gife.gifl.gifc.gifo.gifm.gife.gif

<3 marie

• BlueHarebell
    Options
    Hi Opal and Connie I do hope you join. I'm pretty new myself, maybe 10 days. I'm really enjoying the very nice people on the 2 sites and Marie, well she is a real doll and one super lady. Anne.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Opal and Connie I do hope you join. I'm pretty new myself, maybe 10 days. I'm really enjoying the very nice people on the 2 sites and Marie, well she is a real doll and one super lady. Anne.

<3 (*) <3

its not me its the poster\s that make both groups super duper for this I thank you all.

<3 Marie

• opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I don't qualify to join you all as I'm 51 - but wanted to say what a lovely bunch of people and wishing you a Happy Christmas.

<3 (*) <3
    But you can join us anyway. We love the output on the younger crowd too.
    thanks opal for dropping by . Please drop in again. We are just plain old homefolks
    <3 Marie

Thank you very much! I will :)

• CALIECAT
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]

<3 (*) <3 I went to your profile and see you have lost lots of weight. Congratulations I also have a thread called 20 pounds by Easter Challenge on the motivations and support threads. We are really working our plans good there
    <3 marie

• opalsqueak007
    Options

[/quote]

<3 (*) <3 I went to your profile and see you have lost lots of weight. Congratulations I also have a thread called 20 pounds by Easter Challenge on the motivations and support threads. We are really working our plans good there
    <3 marie

[/quote]

Thank you! I lost weight because I had severe back pain and bad arthritis in my hands , knees and feet that doctors and speicalists could not cure. Do you remember the TV show called The Waltons? Back in February I watched an episode where a plump woman goes to the doctor and he tells her that she has bad feet and a bad back because she is fat! It made me wonder - could it be that all along - that my weight is causing all the trouble? The answer is yes. My arthritis and chronic pain has gone. Some days I could hardly walk. Now I can can run again. I am going to look for your Easter challenge thread :) Thank you. Good luck to everyone wanting to lose weight. It is worth the effort.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :D Welcome to Opal and Connie, I found MFP at age 62 after a lifetime of struggling with my weight. Because of many attempts to lose weight and a somewhat active lifestyle, my weight had gotten only to 183 but that was too high. This is the first time I've been successful over a long term at losing weight and keeping it off. I keep coming back because I need the support and encouragement of friends who understand what I'm doing and don't try to sabotage my efforts.

Barbie 194904olsgis3xqe.gif
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks barbiecat you told us the same thing years ago, But I was too stupid not to really work hard at it. You said it help your back pains, I have suffer for 20 years with back pain. and doctors refuse surgery for me , Just pain pills. So now I am really serious about losing this weight. now the pain is in my hips and back. At my age now I know what the doctors will say. Oh I know if I keep going to different doctors one of them would they would do surgery But doubt it at my age anyway Losing weight is my priority now
    <3 (*) <3
    Marie
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    I'm glad you started this thread Marie, and it's wonderful to hear all the support and encouragement. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I'm glad you started this thread Marie, and it's wonderful to hear all the support and encouragement. ~Lynn /Glucerna

• CALIECAT
    Options

<3 (*) <3
    Thanks lynn nice to hear from you on this Christmas Eve Expect you dropping around more to visit with us
    <3 Marie

• opalsqueak007
    Options
    I'm so happy I found Marie and you all :)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    we are Happy to have you. What a nice Christmas present another new friend.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    merry Christmas and Happy New Year
    This is the year to et all of that weight off. Right

1838672dzyygg3v8u.gif

our Golden Years you all have made me so happy
    marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Christmas blessings to all! Yes, Marie, I hope to finally get the weight off this year!
    Connie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    Have a great day and don't trade what you want the MOST for what you want at the MOMENT smiley-greet008.gif
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2014
    Options
    <3 Barbie I want my back pain to go away. And thanks for the reminder of what we need to do.

<3 connie we will get there . Lets stick together and we will
    <3 (*) <3 Marie
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Christmas is not a time nor season, but a state of mind…sort of like "My Fitness Pal."

Merry Christmas to all!

I'm still lookin for that "Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle" I asked Santa for... :)
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    <3 Hey Bob Christmas is not over yet
    I got my wish a 50 dolor gift card from walmart to help me get a fitbit.
    Gotta run talk to you guys later to see how each of you handle your Christmas dinner
    <3 -marie
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Merry Christmas to all of you!
    I have been reading the posts and it feels good to be back at least looking...Marie, I got the One One One book and am going to start the plan soon. It all makes sense to me!

Have a great holiday week everyone. We are going over to San Diego for the week!
    isandi