WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2014

Options

Replies

• peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Afternoon in GA! Was really bummed this morning to find out someone had my debit info and had charged 2 Sony Playstation games. Had to go to the bank and cancel the card plus file a fraudulent purchase report. Hope I get my money back. Will be two weeks before the new card arrives so I will be in a jam as that is how I pay for everything.

We have taken down the tree decorations but am still waiting to stow the tree in the basement. We leave the lights on so it is real easy to decorate. I keep thinking we need a new tree but this has been OK for us for a long time. Once you turn the lights on it looks pretty.

Stepped on the scale for the first time in weeks and see that I am up 4 lbs. But, I am back in the groove and know I will do better. For me the big problem is I drink too much wine. Love the stuff in the evening. My son has decided to go to AA for help. I don't think I want to go there but maybe his success will help me cut down.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    B
    U
    M
    P
    Now that i know what that is :0)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing ok.Violet and I have been fighting a cold.So we have been playing games and chilling.
    hugs
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday. The high today here is to be 6. Glad I am inside today. Weigh in this morning was .9 down so hopfully back on track. Last evening was better food wise. Yesterday I rode the new step on both my morning and afternoon break. It was only for 10 minutes each, but a start.

Barbie--I agree blood ties are not the only thing to define family.

Nonnie--Welcome and come back often and become part of the family. This is a great group and the support is fantastic. Look at this as a lifestyle change and not a diet. It helps alot.

Gail--Good to see you post. Pray your surgery goes well and we get to see more of you.

All this talk about wills and know DH and I need to finish ours. We started several years ago and got side tracked. Know it needs to be done and we are not getting any younger.

Joyce--when they are done will you have use of that lower bathroom? sorry to hear it has turned into such a mess.

Viv--keeping you in my prayers and sending hugs! One step at a time.

peachstategal--Terrible about your debt card, do you have any idea who used it or how they got it? Hope it gets worked out soon.

Time to get busy and get something done, Next shift called in sick so working extra to cover till replacement can get here. She is making a habit of this about once every ten days.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I just recieved a picture text of a 3D ultrasound of my niece's baby. Guess I better finish that afghan and get it in the mail, since she said the baby is almost 7 pounds already.

Lots of crochet for me the next few days. :D That should keep my hands out of the "cookie jar".

Terri in Milwaukee (15 degrees and sunny)
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Vicki, I love the NuStep. It's what they got me started with at Cardiac Rehab and then I found out they had one at the Y so I continued with it there. It was out of order for a while, and I never got back to it. I should make a point to do that. Just started walking more and weights and swimming and that seemed to be enough. Hubby uses the NuStep every day though.

Viv, I'm so glad to see you back. Take care of yourself, and keep us posted on how things are going. We worry.

Speaking of worrying, you're right about Kim. She hasn't been on in a while. And what about Anne?

Time to go home. Have a great evening.

Sylvia

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies,
    well got some packing done, and about 3 hrs at the pool, then over to friends of ours to see what they have done with there home, a work in progress,ours will be alot of work, once we get down here permanently.. but I digress.....
    gonna hit the shower and then do some more packing :'(
  • hoff2002
    hoff2002 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I thought I was doing a good job of keeping up and responding, but alas, I'm really far behind again. This morning my daughter brought me to have the steroids injected in my neck. Everything went well. I decided to take the day off and use the sedation since it was the first time I've had it done. It wasn't bad at all. I did come home and slept until 2 pm, however, after the Fentanyl and Versed. I guess that makes up for all the lack of sleep the last few days. My FitBit Flex indicates that I'm in bed for 7+ hours and I'm only sleeping 3 to 4 hours. That's about right! :neutral_face:

I am still working on getting off the rest of the 11 lbs that I gained so I can get back to 25 lbs lost. Soooo much more to go! I do get encouragement from so many of you though that you have done it. I really need to start an exercise plan. I did find a Free NetFit TV program on Roku. It's for people 60 and over. I started it last night. It starts very, very slow, but I think that's what I really need.

Heather – Congratulations on losing that pound! As for arguing in front of your children, I know it’s something we all hate to do, but sometimes, I think they can learn a lesson as well. Even people who love each other very much sometimes disagree. Maybe our children can learn that we work things out when we love someone. As for the drinking, you will work it out together. I still cannot imagine cooking all the goodies that you cook and not being big as a house! You have the most awesome resolve! As for crumpets, not we don’t have them that I am aware. I’ve heard of them, but I’ve never eaten them.
    Everyone – Thank you for the reminder that we all need to start looking into a trust or will regardless of our financial state.

Patceoh – Your great grandbaby is adorable! Thanks for posting the pic!

Margaret – You will get back on track with your diet. Having someone move back into your home (children, grandchildren, or friends) can be really hard on your good habits. That ornament that you made seems really special.

Yanniejannie – I am literally laughing out loud about spraying yourself with “spruce spray” because I’ve done the same before, just with a different scent! I’m putting the Imitation Game on my list of movies to watch. Thank you!

Dstirrat – I’m so glad you are enjoying your FitBit. Which one did you get? I have the FitBit Flex and I’m not terribly fond of it so far. I find it is really inaccurate. I may just be doing something wrong. So glad your son was able to visit and that you are enjoying it. Love the family pic! You look great!

Katla – I know you are anxious to get back home, but please stay safe!

Pipcd34 – Ugh…I used to go to the gym (a few years ago), I hate when that happens!

Terri – I love you and your DH’s New Year’s tradition! I’m sitting here giggling because that’s about the same thing we do! Such great partiers!

Janet – Hope you feel better!

DrKatieBug – Beautiful pic! I think if I was anywhere near that kind of view, I could force myself to get out and walk more!  Laughing at your research, too! My family butchered their meat as well. We used to make something by boiling all the “scrap” stuff. The “gravy” was great, but I wouldn’t eat the meat. I can’t remember what it was. It was something in French they called it.

Carol – Congrats on the new home and moving day! So happy for you!

Sylvia – You go girl!

Vicki – Stay safe. Sounds like the streets are a mess!

Leslie – Congratulations! Sounds like your new trainer is really helping! So glad you found him!

Cyndie – Welcome back. I’m sorry that you’ve been so sick. I think your resolutions are wonderful and I know that you can do it! We’re all here to support you!

Linda – When you find a Livermuch recipe, let me know if you like it, please!

Nonnie – Hi! Welcome to the group. I think you will find that everyone is very supportive. Many of us still have a lot of weight to lose and there are many, too, who have lost weight and are on maintenance. It’s a great group. I joined only a couple of months ago and I really love the people here. I hope you will, too!

Gail – Welcome back. The holidays have been difficult for many of us. You’ll get back on your game plan!

Joyce – So sorry about the plumbing. You have really had a mess. I’m glad that at least you’ll have an alternative plan for your Christmas celebration. What a wonderful idea for your daughters.

Michele – I am surprised that your soup kitchen accepts the left overs. Here, they do not. Our hospitals, used to send food there, but they no longer do. That, however, I think is because of the liability to the hospital if someone gets sick. I think it’s admirable that you support them so well.

Viv – My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sue – Unfortunately, I totally understand about slacking. I’m back on track now, but it was not pretty for a couple of weeks!

Barbie – Thanks for the “thought” – I need to remember that as well! I love the fireplace, too!

Sharon – Good for you!

It's back to work for me tomorrow, but I am very lucky that I'll only be working until noon. Wishing you all a wonderful evening and may your New Year be a healthy, happy, and prosperous one! Hugs to all!

Barb from South Louisiana
  • hoff2002
    Options
    Peachstategel – Good luck to your son and to you. So sorry about the debit card! That’s a real bummer! Hope you get your money back! With a credit card it’s so much easier to have them credit your account! I wish it was that easy with the debit card.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    eki89gwv2rgu.jpg

new night lights
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Wednesday here in Tassie.
    Saw Brian yesterday and he is PLEASED, I have lost total weight, lost BF% and gained muscle.
    He wants me to WALK 3.3 miles after granary toast and banana, record times, then have breakfast. Weights 1 hour after breakfast: week 1 alternate Jeannette's Circuits A and B, week 2 alternate BFFM circuits A and b, then protein shake. He said cardio as soon as I got up was NO GOOD as not burning fat.
    To stick to 1700 cals max food, decrease sugar, increase GOOD fats and fiber and record.
    Weigh in morning and record, weigh and BF% plus muscle, bone and water every night and record.
    Do housework, gardening and walk dog but DO NOT count the calories.
    I see him again at 1.30pm friday and then see doctor at 2pm. he wants me to have FULL fasting cholesterol (including VLDLs) fasting blood sugar and hormones. Then see him next week with results and my results for week
    I am feeling more energised again
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    smiley-greet012.gifOur plans for welcoming the New Year include going to bed as early as we always do so we can get up for an early spiritual meeting on Thursday morning. We don't eat any special foods and we haven't had any alcohol in decades. Just before I go to bed, I'll start the new thread for January and let you know how to find it.

smiley-greet024.gifJake was gone for several hours today and I enjoyed the rare opportunity to be by myself, interrupted only by dogs wanting to go for a walksmiley-chores016.gif

<3 Barbie

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I wanted to wish you all a very happy new year. I'll be burning tons of calories dancing the night away. My resolution is to be here more in 2015 because I have found that I am losing my way without all you in my daily life! Be safe and have fun and see you in the new year!
  • hoff2002
    Options
    Barbie - I am amazed at how disciplined you and Jake are. I'm so glad that it works well for you both!

Meg - You go girl! Burn those calories dancing the night away and have a great time! I agree that logging in here helps tremendously!
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Katla: I hope by now you’ve made it home. So sorry to hear you lost your coat at the airport. Please let me know if you’d like me to check lost and found for you. I left a coat at security one time and got it back.

Sharon: Glad your foot is better and you are back on the path to radiant good health. Keep coming back here for support. We’re cheering for you.

Janemartin: Sending you and Violet a virtual pot of chicken soup. Get well soon.

Terri: I love crochet, but have put that hobby on the backburner for now. My cat has a field day whenever I bring out string or yarn.

Sylvia: Add me to the list of those wondering about Kim.

Grandmallie: Every time you mention the pool, it makes me want to move back to Hawaii. Hope you and DH will be permanent FL residents as soon as you desire.

Barb: Fabulous that you found a fitness program for free that works for you. As the commercial says “just do it”.

Pipcd: New lights look bright and festive.

Lesley: So happy to see all your hard work and dedication is paying off in positive results. I’m intrigued why Brian says to not do cardio first thing in the morning. I do my cardio workout at 5:30 AM after a cup of tea.

Barbie: When I think back to my healthiest moments and behaviors of 2014, committing to micro-goals every month is right at the top of the list. You were most instrumental in nudging me every month to stop, plan, commit and write. Heartfelt thanks and see you in 2015. <3<3<3

Meg: Dancing the night away is how I dream of spending a New Years Eve. Not happening with my DH. Have fun and think of me if you hear any fast, hot salsa music. B)

One of the best things about being home for an extended period of time is getting to experiment with cooking every night. It’s a luxury for me to clip recipes, shop for ingredients and make a variety of nice meals. Last night I made a crustless bacon and leek quiche. Tonight it was tiliapia with buttered carrots. Tomorrow, cornish hens with yams. We still eat whole grain tortilla chips out of a bag and commercial yougurt, but otherwise, this week has seen us eating more ‘whole’ and unpackaged food. Yay!

Stay strong. Stay well. We can do this.

Rori in the Frrrreeeeezzzing Colorado Foothills
    Word for 2014 = Release
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day... brrrr
    Ride hm 2 gym- 14.36min 12.1amph 3mi
    ski machine- 25min, 215-25resis, 1.5mi
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.46min 10.9amph 1.4mi
    ride dome 2 hm- 17.34min 9.3amph 2.7mi
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HI! I need to vent>my friend is in hospice at home.They just sent her to the hospital to control the pain.I an so upset.I worked on an oncology floor for years.Hospice was suppose to make the pt comfortable.As much as Ill miss my friend.I hope her suffering comes to an end soon.The tears are rolling as I type this.I thought we`d grow old together.It`s not God`s plan.
    Good night all/\hugs jane
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    All caught up on the reading again. I did write post until noon. But ran out of time and didn't type it. Oh well I know what you are all up to.
    Barb
    I found a recipe for livermush but don't care for corn meal. So don't think i'll be making it. I'll just keep enjoying my liver the way I make it. LOL.

Meg.
    Nice to see you again. I went AOL for a bit. But soon realized that I need to be here.
    Dance a polka for me. I used to love to dance but my back won't allow it. Wonder if it ever will.

Went to tops and I lost 2.8 lbs over Christmas. Hope I do the same over New Years.
    I was happy with the loss being today is only 3 days of working at it.
    fit bit gave me 5,085 steps and burnt 2067 calories. May not be the exact numbers but close I keep losing everything around 6:30 and I don't know how to program it.

See you all soon.
    Linda in -32 Northern Ontario.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    HI! I need to vent>my friend is in hospice at home.They just sent her to the hospital to control the pain.I an so upset.I worked on an oncology floor for years.Hospice was suppose to make the pt comfortable.As much as Ill miss my friend.I hope her suffering comes to an end soon.The tears are rolling as I type this.I thought we`d grow old together.It`s not God`s plan.
    Good night all/\hugs jane

I am so sorry for what u r going thru. Stay strong, hugs from WA
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just want to say Happy New Year to everyone.

I will be flying home to San Diego from Milwaukee tomorrow. I was here for a lovely wedding (my nephew's) and to see my dad and other relatives. Hate to leave them, but really ready to leave this cold weather. It's cold in San Diego too, but not this cold! And I lost one of my gloves the first day I was here!!

Eileen...soon to be back in CA