• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Trolls who pretend to be anorexic tweens :(
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    It's probably not the safest advice to give an unfit person who's never lifted, since it can lead to overtraining or injuries. I'm guilty of using the phrase, but i'm trying to replace it with "follow a good program". Good programs explain the proper progression from light to heavy.
    I'mma just gon' validate them, and tell them to stay on the couch.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Tone
  • projecthotbel
    projecthotbel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The one that is driving me crazy and I never hope to hear again: "Starvation mode."

Agreed
  • cdh2015
    cdh2015 Posts: 57 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    "loose" as in I want to "loose weight". It's lose not loose! Fourth Graders can figure it out, why can't adults?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Real women have.... (this needs to go.) We're all real women.

Some of us might be cyborgs actually.

Fun fact, did you know that any person with artificial parts is technically a cyborg (not saying they aren't still human. They are.)? So people with say, a pacemaker or a prosthetic eye or arm would be cyborgs. If I ever need something like that at least I will be able to take some solace in the fact that I'm now an awesome cyborg.

Though I suppose then we're both real women and real cyborgs.

WAIT, some people are real men...

This thread is fun.

I have a bionic leg (titanium tibial spike and 4 large titanium screws, which sets off ALL the metal detectors). Am I no longer a "real woman"? ;)

*tongue firmly in cheek*

• thin2win777
    thin2win777 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    "sugar is bad"
    "1200 calories"
    Dont look at my profile then ;)

• thin2win777
    thin2win777 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    TopazCutie wrote: »
    ____ is the devil.
    Also don't look at my profile ;) ha!

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    "Lift heavy"

why?

It's probably not the safest advice to give an unfit person who's never lifted, since it can lead to overtraining or injuries. I'm guilty of using the phrase, but i'm trying to replace it with "follow a good program". Good programs explain the proper progression from light to heavy.

Anyway, moving on...

"Stomach", when referring to "belly". The stomach is higher, up near the ribs.

"Lean protein" - protein is, by definition, lean. "Lean protein sources" is probably a better term.

"I NEED HELP!!!" - I check to make sure they're not having a medical emergency, then i click the back button.

A "terrible problem" with having only 4-pack abs, having one calf 1/4 inch larger than the other, or similar first-world problem that no else notices.

B)

I usually always preface it by saying learn proper form and I would suggest watching videos and reading x book …

• Born_2_Lose
    Born_2_Lose Posts: 59 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    "I can't afford to eat healthy/health food is SO expensive". This gets me every time. Rubbish--just eat LESS than you used to; that always costs less money.

This gets me too!!! It actually cost less or near the same to eat health BC like you said.... Your eating LESS
  • Born_2_Lose
    Born_2_Lose Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Cleanse, diet, 21 day challenge, low carb....smh. Just eat REAL unprocesseed, uncanned food. Eat as close to the earth as possible....
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Cleanse, diet, 21 day challenge, low carb....smh. Just eat REAL unprocesseed, uncanned food. Eat as close to the earth as possible....

What is real food? Do people eat fake foods? Like the wax fruit sitting out for decoration? Does unprocessed mean I can't have milk (it's been processed)? What about bread? And what's wrong with canned food? Most veggies I eat have been canned. Does that add calories?

"Eating close to the earth" makes me think of someone hunkered down in a garden eating a carrot with the dirt still on it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

What is real food? Do people eat fake foods? Like the wax fruit sitting out for decoration? Does unprocessed mean I can't have milk (it's been processed)? What about bread? And what's wrong with canned food? Most veggies I eat have been canned. Does that add calories?

"Eating close to the earth" makes me think of someone hunkered down in a garden eating a carrot with the dirt still on it.

Feigned obtuse man is obtuse.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

It just gets old hearing "processed food" touted as evil.

"Don't eat processed food!"
    Why the hostess cupcake not??? If I have the calories to afford a pack of Oreos I'm gonna eat 'em!
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Detox and "calorie counting doesn't work for me" make me cringe every time! I don't really mind people who use the term "journey." It always triggers views of Middle Earth and The Shire for me. ;)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Why the hostess cupcake not??? If I have the calories to afford a pack of Oreos I'm gonna eat 'em!

Be my guest.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

Be my guest.

Eating a KitKat even as I type.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Be my guest.

Eating a KitKat even as I type.

thanks for sharing.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    clean , cleanse , bulky , do you even lift ? , detox , selfie
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    "Do or do not. There is no try."

I love me some Yoda, but trying is doing. I'm on the treadmill trying to do a 5K. I can't do a 5K on the spot. I get what people are trying to say, it's just so so tired.