• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    "Lift heavy"

why?

It's probably not the safest advice to give an unfit person who's never lifted, since it can lead to overtraining or injuries. I'm guilty of using the phrase, but i'm trying to replace it with "follow a good program". Good programs explain the proper progression from light to heavy.

that's exactly what I've been doing lately, encouraging people to choose and follow a weights program instead of just bouncing into the weight room without aim or guidance to pick up the heaviest thing they see.

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Cleanse, diet, 21 day challenge, low carb....smh. Just eat REAL unprocesseed, uncanned food. Eat as close to the earth as possible....

What is real food? Do people eat fake foods? Like the wax fruit sitting out for decoration? Does unprocessed mean I can't have milk (it's been processed)? What about bread? And what's wrong with canned food? Most veggies I eat have been canned. Does that add calories?

"Eating close to the earth" makes me think of someone hunkered down in a garden eating a carrot with the dirt still on it.

the zombies in Sims 3 do that, it's immediately what popped into my head.

• smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    markie166 wrote: »
    clean , cleanse , bulky , do you even lift ? , detox , selfie

DYE?
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Spew. Please stop saying spew, unless you just opened your soft drink and it is, in fact, spewing.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Spew. Please stop saying spew, unless you just opened your soft drink and it is, in fact, spewing.

But... Society for the Promotion of Elvish Welfare is an important cause...

spewsticker.jpg
    350138_1329251690811_500_308.jpg
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    Real women have.... (this needs to go.) We're all real women.

I 100% agree with this. It's not my fault I have a small stature and God didn't see fit to give me voluptuous curves. Quick making me feel like I'm not good enough to be called a "real woman" because of it.

Oh and also, gluten free. HATE IT. I totally get it if you're doing it for medical reasons, celiac disease, but because it's trendy or whatever, get over yourself.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    "Do or do not. There is no try."

I love me some Yoda, but trying is doing. I'm on the treadmill trying to do a 5K. I can't do a 5K on the spot. I get what people are trying to say, it's just so so tired.

... it means don't half *kitten* it.

*sigh*
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    "Do or do not. There is no try."

I love me some Yoda, but trying is doing. I'm on the treadmill trying to do a 5K. I can't do a 5K on the spot. I get what people are trying to say, it's just so so tired.

... it means don't half *kitten* it.

*sigh*

I said I get why people say it; it's still over quoted and I'm tired of it.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    fat-VS-muscle.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Nonsense. A cubic inch of muscle occupies the same space as a cubic inch of fat!

I can't believe someone thinks an inch isn't an inch.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll ban my own comments now.)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Nonsense. A cubic inch of muscle occupies the same space as a cubic inch of fat!

I can't believe someone thinks an inch isn't an inch.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll ban my own comments now.)
    It depends on how you use it.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Real women have.... (this needs to go.) We're all real women.

I 100% agree with this. It's not my fault I have a small stature and God didn't see fit to give me voluptuous curves. Quit making me feel like I'm not good enough to be called a "real woman" because of it.

Oh, and also, gluten free. HATE IT. I totally get it if you're doing it for medical reasons, celiac disease, but because it's trendy or whatever, get over yourself.

Sorry, just caught my spelling error. Correct spelling, wrong word.

• jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    This thread is making me crack up. If we had it our way, there'd be nothing left in the boards except the chit chat threads :D

Nah, those are on my list too.

"blah blah blah the person above you"

Can we ban threads that have 'the person above you' in them?

I'm for anything that keeps people logging and thinking about their diet. if they like the little game forums and it helps them focus on MFP I'm for it.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    jerber160 wrote: »
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    This thread is making me crack up. If we had it our way, there'd be nothing left in the boards except the chit chat threads :D

Nah, those are on my list too.

"blah blah blah the person above you"

Can we ban threads that have 'the person above you' in them?

I'm for anything that keeps people logging and thinking about their diet. if they like the little game forums and it helps them focus on MFP I'm for it.

I agree with jerber, tracyannk28, do what I do and just move along.
    JiRTtlvNhxqik.gif[img][/img]
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    "Drinking beer made me fat!" Ergo I must give up drinking beer in order to "loose" weight.

"Who's with me!?"

• kittkat100
    Options
    Seldom poster but after reviewing this forum for past month I would have to say
    no...just no
    is the top of my list.
  • AWordyGirly
    AWordyGirly Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all :-) I'm a total newbie- literally just joined. So I'm a just turned 30 year old female from Ireland and I'm about 3 stone overweight and to be honest uncomfortable at this stage. I've decided to make 2015 my reinvention year and to give me that extra incentive I'm gonna blog my way through it. I'd love to make some similar minded friends on this to share experiences etc. I've also just set up a blog https://awordygirly.wordpress.com/ which is gonna be all about my journey too :-) Looking forward to chatting and sharing :-)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    No just no
    just saying
    strong first post
    butt hurt
    are you a troll
    Anything cleanse related
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    You mean...

Schooled! Yes, thank you! Now I know how to YouTube. ;)