creepy compliment

Options

Replies

• HugoMartinez66
    HugoMartinez66 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Right? I didn't go to that station for a while. [/quote]

Was said gas station out in the desert? I know those *kitten* can be creepy as hell.

• kimberlyspanton
    kimberlyspanton Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Right? I didn't go to that station for a while.

Was said gas station out in the desert? I know those *kitten* can be creepy as hell.

[/quote]

Actually no, it was in a very small town in Ohio.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Alright as a straight woman I can appreciate a good looking woman however, over the holidays I was at the gym and it was DEAD . . .. I mean like I was the only woman on the women's workout side . . . not even one eliptical going. Anywho, there was a woman who I see quite often and she works for the gym doing clean up and making sure the equipment is functioning and re-racking weights at the end of the day and so on.

So I was using the squat rack and she kept like sneaking glances at me . . . and at first, I'm like ok, maybe she doesn't know how to squat but wants to so she's trying to learn how. No problem! Then, in the change room I'm putting my stuff in my bag and she comes up to me - out of freakin no where - and she's like you look really good out there, you must really get a lot of guys liking your *kitten*, you can definitely tell you've got it going on in that department.

I would have been totally ok without her talking to me . . . if she wanted to learn how to squat, that's one thing but saying that pushed it to creepy. Also, I know age isn't always a factor, but she was around 40 so if she wanted to talk about weight lifting, I'm down and if she wanted help to work on form or whatever, I'm all in but saying what she said just creeped me right out.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Today, I got the weirdest compliment ever. Saw some guy eyeing me in the grocery store, he then chooses to get in line behind me at check out. I made some comment about the sun being bright shining through the window ( it was really blinding) and he says, so are you. You're bright too. ummmmm thanks I guess? Whats they weirdest/creepiest comment you have gotten?

Translation: an unattractive guy complimented me.

How in the world, did you get me saying he wasn't attractive out of that?

The title of the thread is "creepy compliment." If this guy were attractive his compliment would of been "sweet" or "nice" or something else positive. You didn't think he was cute so it was "creepy."

That's actually not how it works at all.
  • HugoMartinez66
    HugoMartinez66 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Actually no, it was in a very small town in Ohio.[/quote]

Oh god that's ever worse, the guy who kept 3 girls locked in his basement for over 10 was from that state.

• kimberlyspanton
    kimberlyspanton Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Actually no, it was in a very small town in Ohio.

Oh god that's ever worse, the guy who kept 3 girls locked in his basement for over 10 was from that state.

[/quote]

Great. Now I'll never move back there for sure! Love the West too much anyway!
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I got a "my shift manager thinks your cute" at a coffee shop drive thru once... I was being very androgynous then so I didn't know just how it was meant, but it made me pretty happy at the time!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    JessG1003 wrote:
    16 year old boy standing next to his father and little sister, moves over to let me pass by and as I walk by he loudly says "DAYUUUMMM DAT BOOTY DOE!" I turn around to glare at him and his father is high fiving him, his sister is shaking her head red faced and he winks at me!!!
    Obviously the father doesn't respect women, and has passed that along to his son.
    What the father should have done was to quickly & severely discipline the boy, including making him apologize to the lady he'd just misbehaved to.

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I absolutely NEVER get compliments from men (except for my husband.) I get looked at all the time, but that's about it. Either I'm totally gross or they're all scared of me. ;)

Me too! Well I'm single . . . so I don't actually get compliments from men really at all.

Depending on the day I either think to myself that I'm just so unattractive that they want nothing to do with me, or I'm so hot they think I'll just turn them down anyways ha ha . . .
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I can't think of a single compliment I've ever gotten that has been creepy.....I once had a guy tell me that it's too bad I wasn't as hot as my sister, but I don't think that qualifies.
  • donnysoule
    donnysoule Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I had an ex-girlfriends drunken ex mother in law hitting on me this weekend, does that count? touchy feely hitting on me....
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Today, I got the weirdest compliment ever. Saw some guy eyeing me in the grocery store, he then chooses to get in line behind me at check out. I made some comment about the sun being bright shining through the window ( it was really blinding) and he says, so are you. You're bright too. ummmmm thanks I guess? Whats they weirdest/creepiest comment you have gotten?

Translation: an unattractive guy complimented me.

How in the world, did you get me saying he wasn't attractive out of that?

The title of the thread is "creepy compliment." If this guy were attractive his compliment would of been "sweet" or "nice" or something else positive. You didn't think he was cute so it was "creepy."

That's actually not how it works at all.

That is exactly how sexual harassment works. It is all based on "UNWATED" sexual advances.

• ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    [/quote]

That's actually not how it works at all.[/quote]

That is exactly how sexual harassment works. It is all based on "UNWATED" sexual advances.

[/quote]

Also untrue. I have been harassed in a sexual nature and/or flirted with by attractive men, men who I personally found attractive, but it was still unwanted, and I put them in their places when need be. This applies when I was single and married, just because someone is attractive doesn't give them a pass to be inappropriate and/or uncomfortably persistent.

• The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I am usually the one dealing out the creepy compliments. I do mean them as genuine compliments, i guess i just pick odd things about a person.

The creepiest one i have ever received "You are an absolute breeder."
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    I once got told I smelt like bread.... I dunno if that's good or bad but I like the smell of bread so I took it as a compliment! :'D
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I still don't know how to take this but when I was 16 I was walking down the street with my friend and a guy who looked like he was in his 20's turned to me and said, "I'd like to make you my stabbing victim."

I was a little terrified but I also wasn't sure if he literally meant stabbing victim or if he meant that as a euphemism for sex.

Either way, holy crap! :s
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    I once had a 14 year old girl tell me i have nice eyebrows.... :no_mouth:
  • LNPurdie
    LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    cherith778 wrote: »
    Oh I have another one! Once in a bookstore, while thumbing through a book I had picked up, I had a man tap me on the shoulder, smile, and say "Hey. I like the way you breathe." I smiled and stepped away but in my head I was all like...

"Yeeeeaah... I like the way I breathe too, and I'd like to remain breathing, please don't kill me." O.o lol

Ohhhhhhhh Myyyyyyyyy yea, that one gets the Creeper of the year award for sure. Thats on the Buffalo Bill level of creepiness.

Wins the awards yes

• JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    I once had a 14 year old girl tell me i have nice eyebrows.... :no_mouth:

This is the only compliment I've had numerous times.... O_o
    People always ask if I pluck em or whatever some people do to thatm D:
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options
    ^^ Good eyebrows are hot! I.e, Yul Brynner,drools.