I WANT PIZZA SO BAD

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    and Damn this thread exploded over night….!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    By the way just wanted to say that I'm actually lactose intolerant so I always drink skim milk....

Ps to everyone throwing around the term "eating disorder": yeah. I've struggled with an eating disorder for 3 years. But not anymore. I make healthy choices that I don't feel bad about and my body thanks me for eating fresh fruits and veggies and not French fries and ice cream because for the first time in a while, it's getting the nutrition it needs. Telling me to shove pizza and fats down my throat when I want them is impossible for someone who has the mindset and mental disorder that I do, so maybe the support to eat something actually good for my body would be helpful. This is my first week on this app so I'm not sure how to work it, someone please tell me if there's a way to talk this forum discussion down, if not, I hope atleast one person reads this and finds encouragement to keep going on their journey to being healthy and loving themselves.

I know this is pages late, but maybe you should speak to your ED recovery team again. Vilifying foods is not a good thing. And you may have eaten 1100 calories, which is low, but what was the net after exercise? A much lower number can be another sign.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    amymrls wrote: »
    Thankfully there are some pretty rad positive people on this site too, even between all the "know it alls" I have meet some pretty cool friends here...

radical dude!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    crabada wrote: »
    Ps to everyone throwing around the term "eating disorder": yeah. I've struggled with an eating disorder for 3 years. But not anymore. I make healthy choices that I don't feel bad about and my body thanks me for eating fresh fruits and veggies and not French fries and ice cream because for the first time in a while, it's getting the nutrition it needs. Telling me to shove pizza and fats down my throat when I want them is impossible for someone who has the mindset and mental disorder that I do, so maybe the support to eat something actually good for my body would be helpful. This is my first week on this app so I'm not sure how to work it, someone please tell me if there's a way to talk this forum discussion down, if not, I hope at least one person reads this and finds encouragement to keep going on their journey to being healthy and loving themselves.

Again, NO ONE told you to "shove pizza and fats down your throat." We simply said that you can eat pizza if and when you crave it and still lose weight.

As for your struggle with an eating disorder, I'm not an expert, but it sounds like you may want to continue working with someone. I hope you do.

The fact she interprets the fact that she CAN eat pizza within her caloric goals as others telling her to "shove pizza and fats down your throat" is very revealing of her true state of recovery over her ED.
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    We usually have pizza once a week. I make my own dough and i make a different pizza for me then everyone else. I make a thin crust and put alot of veggies on it. I am able to control the calories this way and can include it in my diet . I look forward to being able to eat it. I have cut alot of things out of my diet , but there are certain things that i am not willing to do without, and that is one of them. I am still losing weight fine.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    did OP admit she has an ED overnight?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Honestly, y'all have motivated me so much more not to make unhealthy choices. By you telling me to go eat greasy cheesy carbfilled pizza, I went downstairs and got some Greek yogurt. And I'm gonna go to bed tonight proud of myself. And my body is going to thank me because not only is it full, it's not upset from all the pasteurized and fatty pepperonis inside of it. Goodnight and goodbye. Have fun eating your pizzas and cookies and reaching your goal in a year or so.
    image.png

• Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to hate on thin crust pizza. I eat thin crust pizza regularly, and it hasn't stopped me from losing weight! :yum: But, if you cannot keep yourself from eating the entire pizza, then, by all means, stay away.

19507081.png
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I know. I went to bed at 12:30 and it still gained 200 posts.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    did OP admit she has an ED overnight?

12:25 AM Central time this morning.
    By the way just wanted to say that I'm actually lactose intolerant so I always drink skim milk....

Ps to everyone throwing around the term "eating disorder": yeah. I've struggled with an eating disorder for 3 years. But not anymore. I make healthy choices that I don't feel bad about and my body thanks me for eating fresh fruits and veggies and not French fries and ice cream because for the first time in a while, it's getting the nutrition it needs. Telling me to shove pizza and fats down my throat when I want them is impossible for someone who has the mindset and mental disorder that I do, so maybe the support to eat something actually good for my body would be helpful. This is my first week on this app so I'm not sure how to work it, someone please tell me if there's a way to talk this forum discussion down, if not, I hope atleast one person reads this and finds encouragement to keep going on their journey to being healthy and loving themselves.
  • ndj1979
    Options

one pice of pizza is not "shoveling" pizza down your throat. Please find me the person that advocated you eat a whole pizza, or drink a gallon of lard..?

You obviously do not have a healthy relationship with food, and you probably need to seek some help …or go back to the treatment team that previously helped you and talk to them...
  • Raykels
    Raykels Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I made THE MOST AMAZING PIZZA EVER the other day.

That is all.
  • KatieMusselwhite92113
    Options
    So much hate for just trying to make healthy decisions wow. I was just saying that when I eat cereal and fruit I feel better about myself and my body than if I eat a burger and pizza. Because if I pick an apple over pizza, atleast I'm proactively trying to have a healthy lifestyle and do something about my problem. Last time I post something wow

LOL!! I get what you are saying. Sometimes that greasy Domino's box makes me bloat just to look at it. I will tell you, if I really want it, I will give in to it... but it tends to make me want to give in to other things (like, doesn't pizza taste good with coke.... and then I definitely need dessert....and even if I "budgeted" calories for pizza, I didn't have enough for all that!). I do it sometimes, but I am also trying to stick to more nutritious foods, just as a positive lifestyle change. I eat what I want within my calorie goal, but I try to limit myself on foods that make me crave more/other foods. So I get you! :) We all have those foods that have potential to make us derail! Only you know your body!
  • Raykels
    Raykels Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Also, skimmed milk still has lactose in...you'd be best with soya/rice/coconut/almond milk.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    So much hate for just trying to make healthy decisions wow. I was just saying that when I eat cereal and fruit I feel better about myself and my body than if I eat a burger and pizza. Because if I pick an apple over pizza, atleast I'm proactively trying to have a healthy lifestyle and do something about my problem. Last time I post something wow

LOL!! I get what you are saying. Sometimes that greasy Domino's box makes me bloat just to look at it. I will tell you, if I really want it, I will give in to it... but it tends to make me want to give in to other things (like, doesn't pizza taste good with coke.... and then I definitely need dessert....and even if I "budgeted" calories for pizza, I didn't have enough for all that!). I do it sometimes, but I am also trying to stick to more nutritious foods, just as a positive lifestyle change. I eat what I want within my calorie goal, but I try to limit myself on foods that make me crave more/other foods. So I get you! :) We all have those foods that have potential to make us derail! Only you know your body!

please tell me what is not healthy about pizza? It has carbs, fat, and proteins in it….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - you have inspired me to post my next thread topic…keep an eye out for it in the next few weeks "Clean Eating = totally unnecessary"
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Someone should tell my very old italian relatives how bad pizza and white bread are. I guess this would be their reaction
    Zkv6Gt4.gif
  • ndj1979
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Someone should tell my very old italian relatives how bad pizza and white bread are. I guess this would be their reaction
    Zkv6Gt4.gif

LOL agreed..

my grandmother and grandfather were born in Italy and lived to be 85 years old eating pasta, drinking red wine, etc….
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

I was following this while laying in bed with the laptop and I woke up at 4:30 because apparently I fell asleep. I caught up and then went back to sleep lol
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    PearlAng wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »

I was following this while laying in bed with the laptop and I woke up at 4:30 because apparently I fell asleep. I caught up and then went back to sleep lol

ME TOO!