Options
    amymrls wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    What kind of fatasses tell someone who's trying to loose weight to eat pizza. ONE slice has 285 calories. 640 mg of sodium. 36 carbs. For one slice. It's not that much protein, and that carbs y'all are talking about? THEYRE FROM WHITE BREAD. THATS BAD FOR YOUR BODY.

Not trying to starve myself I'm trying to make healthier choices. Try it sometime. When you're not eating pizza, try swapping it for a turkey sandwhich(healthy filling calories)

How is white bread bad for your body? And it's easy to work 285-570 calories into a day. Also, I've had four turkey sandwiches in the past ten days and bought some more today. Like I said before, moderation is the key. I wouldn't have lost 55+ pounds if I had deprived myself of the things I love.

You honestly think bread that is processed from 100% artificial ingredients isn't bad for you? http://authoritynutrition.com/why-is-bread-bad-for-you/

....The ingredients in the pizza dough recipe I posted earlier:
    - 1/2 tsp sugar (oh noes)
    - dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

.....yep it's so artificial I might just die... :huh:
    When I posted this I wasn't talking about homemade pizza

And yet you called me a fatass after I suggested home made pizza. Are you actually reading your own thread?

I'm not talking about the very few kind people who are sending me homemade links. I'm talking about the adults who find it amusing to pick on a young adult late at night who's trying to make a healthier choice than papa johns on a Wednesday night 60 days from spring break. I appreciate your link yes

wait, what does spring break have to do with this?

4007499-tumblr_llesm1blzv1qj0zk3o1_500.gif

Ahhh...short-term crash diet support wanted. I get it now.

OP, what is your net daily calorie goal,and are you consistently reaching it?

I'm actually well below my calorie goal and surprisingly go to bed full each night. (Because I choose wise healthy filling calories)

Do you realize that this is not a good thing?
    I'm sure she doesn't but she will get it someday

well, a quick peek at eating disorder rates for girls in her age group indicates that today would be a good day for her to get it, as opposed to someday.

but who are we kidding? the OP is lost. but 400 other newbies will see this thread before the week is out, and maybe half of them will get the message that eating food you enjoy is okay, and that WHITE CARBZ are not the debil, and that you can post on these here forums and get some pretty damned good advice from some very successful people IF YOU"RE WILLING TO LISTEN.
    You don't have to preach to me, I have been at this awhile and I eat... When I started I didn't though and killed my metabolism and got more overweight. I finally educated myself enough to know that food isn't the devil, it's how you act about it that is.

Hopefully she will pick that up too, but right now she is obviously not in the mindset to listen.

Insecurity causes teenagers to throw defenses up, I am just saying there are 2 sides to every story and she is not ready to learn. So why waste your time and effort?

note the bolded in my post before yours. after one or two attempts, i'm never trying to reach the OP. i'm posting for the lurkers that may never ever create their own threads or post outside of CCF&G threads, but do come to these forums seeking answers to their diet and fitness questions.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Thankfully there are some pretty rad positive people on this site too, even between all the "know it alls" I have meet some pretty cool friends here...
  • amymrls
    Options
    What kind of fatasses tell someone who's trying to loose weight to eat pizza. ONE slice has 285 calories. 640 mg of sodium. 36 carbs. For one slice. It's not that much protein, and that carbs y'all are talking about? THEYRE FROM WHITE BREAD. THATS BAD FOR YOUR BODY.

Not trying to starve myself I'm trying to make healthier choices. Try it sometime. When you're not eating pizza, try swapping it for a turkey sandwhich(healthy filling calories)

How is white bread bad for your body? And it's easy to work 285-570 calories into a day. Also, I've had four turkey sandwiches in the past ten days and bought some more today. Like I said before, moderation is the key. I wouldn't have lost 55+ pounds if I had deprived myself of the things I love.

You honestly think bread that is processed from 100% artificial ingredients isn't bad for you? http://authoritynutrition.com/why-is-bread-bad-for-you/

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

And yet you called me a fatass after I suggested home made pizza. Are you actually reading your own thread?

I'm not talking about the very few kind people who are sending me homemade links. I'm talking about the adults who find it amusing to pick on a young adult late at night who's trying to make a healthier choice than papa johns on a Wednesday night 60 days from spring break. I appreciate your link yes

I'm actually well below my calorie goal and surprisingly go to bed full each night. (Because I choose wise healthy filling calories)

well, a quick peek at eating disorder rates for girls in her age group indicates that today would be a good day for her to get it, as opposed to someday.

but who are we kidding? the OP is lost. but 400 other newbies will see this thread before the week is out, and maybe half of them will get the message that eating food you enjoy is okay, and that WHITE CARBZ are not the debil, and that you can post on these here forums and get some pretty damned good advice from some very successful people IF YOU"RE WILLING TO LISTEN.
    You don't have to preach to me, I have been at this awhile and I eat... When I started I didn't though and killed my metabolism and got more overweight. I finally educated myself enough to know that food isn't the devil, it's how you act about it that is.

Hopefully she will pick that up too, but right now she is obviously not in the mindset to listen.

Insecurity causes teenagers to throw defenses up, I am just saying there are 2 sides to every story and she is not ready to learn. So why waste your time and effort?

note the bolded in my post before yours. after one or two attempts, i'm never trying to reach the OP. i'm posting for the lurkers that may never ever create their own threads or post outside of CCF&G threads, but do come to these forums seeking answers to their diet and fitness questions.

Gotcha.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

Because she isn't the only person who will read this thread.

Some of us continue to try to help even when it is clear OP isn't listening...because it's the right thing to do bigger picture. Perhaps if you don't understand this, you could back off a little on telling other people how you think they should forum. Just a thought.

Okay God of all forum posting...... I will now listen to ALL things said by you...

If understanding that lurkers exist in greater number than OPs gives me deity status, then bow before me, mortals.
  • havalynd
    havalynd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm a little disconcerted that OP had all the time to research the evils of white carbs but hasn't ever looked into the detriments of eating less than 1200 calories a day. It feels like they're just parroting what they've been told and looking back on the first post they made to this topic there is a heavy vibe of an unhealthy mind towards weightloss where 'body looks' trumps 'body's health'.
  • amymrls
    Options

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

but the noobs will still create their own threads because they are noobs.....
  • barefoot_brunette
    Options
    So what I've learned from this chat:
    1.) eat when I'm not hungry because lets face it, that calorie mark is the only thing that matters
    2.) white bread is good for you
    3.) eating pizza cookies and ice cream everyday will aid in my weightloss goal
    4.) there is no "good" or "bad" food. (Apple vs brownie. Doesn't matter it's not good or bad.)
    And 5.) adults find way meaner pictures to send than middle school girls
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Thankfully there are some pretty rad positive people on this site too, even between all the "know it alls" I have meet some pretty cool friends here...

Please, don't fall into the same trap of insulting the people who are trying to have a conversation with you.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

Because she isn't the only person who will read this thread.

Some of us continue to try to help even when it is clear OP isn't listening...because it's the right thing to do bigger picture. Perhaps if you don't understand this, you could back off a little on telling other people how you think they should forum. Just a thought.

Okay God of all forum posting...... I will now listen to ALL things said by you...

about damn time!

wait, r u being sarcastic??? HOW RUDE!!!
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

HAHAHAHAHA

And 285 calories? That's pretty decent, if not kind of low for a slice of pizza. I could have 2 at those numbers :D

I used to eliminate foods I loved, pizza being one of them. It made me sad and sort of panicky when I would think about never being able to eat my favourite foods again. So I would fall off the wagon, so to speak, again and again and again. Beating myself up over it each time. It wasn't until I took the advice of some people here on MFP that I began to see things a different way. I'm by no means a success story, but I'm losing weight at a slow, but consistent pace, and I'm happy doing it. Because I can eat what I want and not feel like I'm doing something wrong when I do.
    ^Thiiiis. I tried to cut out foods I liked and I ended up taking out a whole jar of cinnamon raisin peanut butter over the course of a day because, hey, it's like natural and stuff. So it's obviously good for you ;) But we all know I only binged like that because I wanted a real dessert
  • amymrls
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1.) eat when I'm not hungry because lets face it, that calorie mark is the only thing that matters
    4.) there is no "good" or "bad" food. (Apple vs brownie. Doesn't matter it's not good or bad.)
    And 5.) adults find way meaner pictures to send than middle school girls [/q

I eat good food and have still lost 100 lbs so yeah a lot of that sums it up... I also look great for being almost 40 and am told that all the time.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Go have a slice of pizza. Work it into your goals and enjoy it. You don't get extra health points for being miserable. If you can fit it into your goals, (which I'm sure you can with a little pre-planning) why not enjoy it? It won't derail your progress.

Yep. Remains the saddest thread around.
  • barefoot_brunette
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Well done ^^^^

What's your height and weight?
    How many calories do you actually eat everyday?

I'm 5'3 and weigh about 150. Eat a little over 1000 calories a day. Please stop antagonizing me I'm just trying to loose weight and wanted support.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I eat good food and have still lost 100 lbs so yeah a lot of that sums it up... I also look great for being almost 40 and am told that all the time.

Wait. Did you confuse which of your two accounts you were on for this post? Were we just trolled with a dupe account player in the game?

I mean, I hate to make accusations like this without more facts, but...the pieces seem to fit.

ETA: or did amymris just happen to accidentally answer MrM27's questions for barefoot_brunette?

ETAM: I still think something seems fishy here, but will concede that I might have jumped to a bad conclusion. Might have.

ETAEM: Dangit. Looks like I was wrong. Shame, though. Thought I was in my first nicely played two-troll thread of 2015.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options

- dry yeast
    - bread flour
    - cornmeal
    - extra virgin olive oil
    - salt

Before we all get too lost in lessons on how we're all supposed to behave, let's not overlook this flashing red light and accompanying warning siren.

There was a huge red light and warning sirens the minute she said how guilty she'd feel if she ate the pizza. And now it sounds like she's eating maybe 1100 calories a day. And exercising.

People aren't being mean they just don't take well to threads started with the intent of supporting disordered eating. OP's posting sounds like she is cultivating an ED, eating her apple on the treadmill. She won't see it, but everyone else was just trying to help offer some more healthy advice than demonizing food. (at least until she insulted everyone then it got a bit more terse).

I think OP got upset because she expected a lot of people to related to the "I can't eat this ARGGGHHHH NOOOOOO" sentiment, when any successful person I know around here is more like "I'll eat some of it YUM!!" and they just work around it either that day or rearrange some other meals during the week.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

Even sadder.

• amymrls
    Options

Wait. Did you confuse which of your two accounts you were on for this post? Were we just trolled with a dupe account player in the game?

I mean, I hate to make accusations like this without more facts, but...the pieces seem to fit.
    um, i'm not a troll, I am just saying I eat yummy food and have lost over 100 lbs and eventually the teenager will get it too.....