Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It's been a crazy busy week for me. I had the best of intentions of keeping up with reading the thread, but Thurs and Fri got away from me.

@mountmary84 (Barbara) - Congratulations on the loss!
    @cblue (Lori) - Feel better soon...Breaking Bad is a good way to forget your troubles!
    @morgori (Tom) - After all those cheesy, creamy, sweet food days, you're going to throw a healthy weight day at us?!?! LOL
    @skinny (Karen) - Great work getting your grading done!

AFM- I had an 8 hour leadership workshop for work on Thursday, which involved driving a little over 3 hours round trip and sitting at a table for most of the day. A little fitness/success...during our lunch break, we were served Chinese buffet at the hotel. I went heavy on the greens, light on the eggroll and stood at a counter to eat. Then I went to a stairwell and walked the hotel's 3 flights of stairs several times before returning for the afternoon session.

Thursday night I stopped at the shoe store to weigh in and I am down on their scale, which is promising for my at-home official weigh in on Monday.

A little belated Thursday truth: I now have zero downtime at work with my added responsibilities and the homework for these leadership classes. I am enjoying it, love not being bored and the days go by fast. However, it can be stressful. I have to watch myself and not take my stress home. Must enjoy my family when we're together and avoid stress eating!

January All-in: 9/23
    Mantra: You Know Better!

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    from Well & Good
    Tip of the Day: Whether you're trying to get healthier or lose weight, processed foods aren't going to help you get there. Try swapping out at least one processed food you're planning to eat today—whether it's a granola bar (try almonds instead) or sauce for your quinoa stir-fry (try olive oil and lemon juice). Little changes, big results.

AFM- goes right along with one of my mottos ... One bite at a time.
    Watch Your Calories: 21/23 (goal is 28/31)
    ALL-In ... zero for the gym this month. It's in my plans for Monday - Wednesday - Friday on next week.

@cblue - get well. Lots of sleep, lots of liquids, salt-water gargle, garlic soup, hot tea
    @melifornia and @grandmakaye - a walk in the sunshine would be so nice ... I live in an area that is mostly cloudy all winter because I'm east of Lake Erie. We have a lot of SAD.

Also ... speaking of SAD, and depression in general ... I read on Facebook today that 2 handfulls of cashew nuts is the therapeutic equivalent to a prescription doze of Prozak ... just remember to count in the calories on your meal plan.

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Follow-Through. Niki

A hello to @loosaedna, @kaihunter, @Robinsegg .... <3

• JustineElizabeth
    JustineElizabeth Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @hippster91 Thanks for the words of support. I really need them. I had a bad day food wise yesterday but am going to take it day by day. Today is going to be a good one. :)
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @cblue315‌ - riiiiiiight with ya, except it's my kids. I haven't logged squat in days because I've been coping with two sick littles. But they're both feeling better today, so mama's back on the horse.
  • MYRABUTLER89
    Options
    Hello! I'm glad to be a part if this group. I can't wait to reach my goal weight.
  • riella25
    riella25 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    thanks for the help Niki. I am struggling with a bad cold also. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.
  • bsracer
    bsracer Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well I found that if you up working for 48 hrs strait and dont think about it you dont eat much lol. then when you go to sleep afterwards you still dont think about it lol. so I'm trying to eat smart and not binge thinking I need to "catch up". it seems it really is alot in your mind!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the "HEY!" everyone. It's nice to see some old faces among the new too!

Sorry I disappeared again, got a stomach bug that had me moving very slowly. :p The weather has been so erratic that there is a lot of nasty things going around right now.

I saw Karen post about a mantra for 2015. Can someone figure out how to shorten this for me? I'm trying to remember that story. An old man said " I'm going to learn the piano." Astounded his friend said " Do you know how old you'll be by the time you learn?" "The same age I'll be if I don't." It's a sort of seize the day and lost opportunities.

That being said... my kids are all out of the house this afternoon with Dad. So I' m going to be doing some forbidden Zumba before I have to go to work. lol! I got a message that the Graffiti Run will be back here in June and I'd like to jog it this time. So I need to get my endurance back. AND I finally found the impetus that might help me get under 200... :smiley: I can't go sky diving until I am. I was thinking about going as a birthday present to myself, but unless I'm under I can't go. I HATE BEING TOLD NO. lol!
    So these are my goals to go along with my mantra:
    -Get my studying done so I can challenge the exams to get my chefs papers. I want to set up the first test before summer.
    -Get better, so I can get back to doing what I want.
    -Go sky diving before the end of the summer.
    -Get back into Karate... I miss it. Ladies... it makes me feel strong. <3

However I think I'll opt out of this round of lifting challenge. A lot of the lifts twinge the sciatica and make it inflame. If there is another go-round maybe then.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @p1xyn1xy‌ --that piano story is great! Not sure of a good phrase for it--I agree it's kind of a Carpe Diem or Live Life to the Fullest kind of message.

@bracer--I've had those days when I'm so busy I have no time to eat. Sometimes it turns into a "grab any junk food lying around" kind of day. However, I've found if I make sure the first thing I eat after a long day of nothing is protein, I can stave off the binge.

@lori & mary--hope the sickness in your homes passes quickly.

@riella & myra--welcome!

@justine--Yesterday wasn't great for me either, but I'm right there with you--today will be better!

@niki--I read that same thing about cashews. Isn't nature amazing?

@hansea--great job getting some movement in your day--those conferences can be a killer!

@kaye--my DH is like you in that making good food is part of his way of taking care of me. It's taken some time, but he's learned that making me healthier foods is a better way to love me.

@zebster--your dog is adorable! My dog, Gunner, is also my walking/running partner. I've found he's better than any human workout buddy: he will always adapt to my schedule, he gives me those sad puppy-dog eyes if I don't take him, and I can't just suggest we go out for a drink instead. LOL

AFM--After talking to my sister last night, I decided to move my 8k run to Sunday. She's having my nieces b-day party at noon, so it will be early enough when I get back to still go to the gym. Plus, she's planned a mac n cheese bar as our lunch. I figure after that and some b-day cake, I will be "carb-loaded" and definitely in need of burning off some major calories.

Walked gunner this morning and did some stuff around the house. Now I'm at starbucks getting ready to finish those journals. I will report back when I have my Saturday Success (= finishing said journals).

January Challenge:
    Under calorie goal: 21/23 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    All-in: run 2 days/week: week 1 = 2/2, week 2 = 3/2, week 3 = 2/2, week 3 = x/2
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47)

Grading Goals:
    1. 41/66 journal conferences

Exercise Goals: (week 3)
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"

• melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @p1xyn1xy‌ - Are you thinking something like "Time passes either way, I'm going to make the most of it"?
  • slimbluehen
    slimbluehen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @p1xyn1xy - how about "Do it now or do it later?" Or, "If not now, When?"
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! It's my 12 hour day at work and things have been hopping around here. I've had a couple of good sales and lots of hopeful prospects. Much better than the last couple of days of staring out the window wishing for someone to talk to! :D

My Saturday success is that my eating has been on point today and I've gotten in lots of steps. I'm doing my weekly weigh-in in the morning and fingers and toes are crossed for a loss!

Tomorrow night is my company dinner in Atlanta. The 10 of us rented a party bus to drive us so we can drink and have fun. We are all excited to let our hair down and enjoy the evening. I'm not counting calories but I'm not worried because this is a planned event where no guilt will be allowed. :p

Oops can't do personals since someone just walked in!! I'll be back!! :D
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Busy Saturday. Ate out both breakfast and dinner. I pre-logged for the whole day last night and came in under calories. Nice to have that feeling of success that I've been missing.

2015 Mantras:

Live like someone left the gate open (Live Joyously)
    Persevere
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    @p1xyn1xy - Time doesn't wait ... or ... Don't let time just happen ... Time will pass anyway ...Why not just do it ...Nothing ventured, nothing gained ... Dare to be ... Seize the day

• queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Deb and I'm new... sort of. I have been on mfp before, this time since the end of December. I also followed Robin's Thread a couple years ago. I was so excited to see that it's still going stronger than ever!

My goal is to lose 100 pounds, 1 lb a week for the next two years. I'm not in a hurry - I just want to have 100 small victories! So far, I've lost 5 lbs and I'm right on track!

I look forward to checking in with all of you and enjoying your triumphs and the not so awesome days, too.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @deb-I remember you from the last time you were here--welcome back!

@L2T--great job fitting those restaurant meals into your day.

@teresa--the work outing sounds fun. Hope you made a sale today.

@melwillbe--welcome back!!

Saturday Success:
    Well, I got through a few journal conferences before getting my niece's b-day present. While I was shopping for her, I found a great deal on a couple of pair of leggings at TJ Maxx. :smile: I also hit the grocery store to stop up on some healthy fare for the work week. A bag of doritos jumped into my cart, but I promise to weight out my portions and only eat them when they fit into my calories--like tonight! :)

The best news is it's still early enough to get through a few more journals before bed.

January Challenge:
    Under calorie goal: 21/23 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    All-in: run 2 days/week: week 1 = 2/2, week 2 = 3/2, week 3 = 2/2, week 3 = x/2
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47)

Grading Goals:
    1. 46/66 journal conferences

Exercise Goals: (week 3)
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am having a great weekend. Yesterday was my weigh in for the week and I lost 5.8 pounds. Who would have thought eating right and exercising would produce results lol. I spent yesterday running errands and then went to my nieces basketball game. It was a lot of fun watching a bunch of pre-teens playing :) My sil was on her own today with the kids at friends and hubby at work so we went up to the mountains and went hiking. So beautiful and so much fun. My kids joined us about an hour in and we drove around to three different trailheads and ended up hiking just over 5 miles. The uphills were killer and I might have pushed it a little hard on the way back on the last trail but once you go in you have to come back out, lol, and I lived :) I am hanging out with my kids and one of their good friends tonight and then we are going to a great walking trail with the dogs in the morning and then we are going mudding. It should be great. Have a great night/day everyone and cya later :)
  • riella25
    Options
    p1xyn1xy wrote: »
    Thanks for the "HEY!" everyone. It's nice to see some old faces among the new too!

Sorry I disappeared again, got a stomach bug that had me moving very slowly. :p The weather has been so erratic that there is a lot of nasty things going around right now.

I saw Karen post about a mantra for 2015. Can someone figure out how to shorten this for me? I'm trying to remember that story. An old man said " I'm going to learn the piano." Astounded his friend said " Do you know how old you'll be by the time you learn?" "The same age I'll be if I don't." It's a sort of seize the day and lost opportunities.

That being said... my kids are all out of the house this afternoon with Dad. So I' m going to be doing some forbidden Zumba before I have to go to work. lol! I got a message that the Graffiti Run will be back here in June and I'd like to jog it this time. So I need to get my endurance back. AND I finally found the impetus that might help me get under 200... :smiley: I can't go sky diving until I am. I was thinking about going as a birthday present to myself, but unless I'm under I can't go. I HATE BEING TOLD NO. lol!
    So these are my goals to go along with my mantra:
    -Get my studying done so I can challenge the exams to get my chefs papers. I want to set up the first test before summer.
    -Get better, so I can get back to doing what I want.
    -Go sky diving before the end of the summer.
    -Get back into Karate... I miss it. Ladies... it makes me feel strong. <3

However I think I'll opt out of this round of lifting challenge. A lot of the lifts twinge the sciatica and make it inflame. If there is another go-round maybe then.
    Have a great weekend everyone!

• riella25
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am sorry I am new at this and reposted p1xyn1xy. I just want to suggest the idea of "If not now when"