Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @riella--no worries! I like the "if not now, when?" idea.

@tammy--that sounds like a great hike! As much as I love being a flatlander when it's time for a run, I really wish we had some nice, well-populated hiking trails nearby. There are a few forest preserves tat have trails, but they either don't allow dogs, or they are creepily secluded and I wouldn't feel safe hiking them alone.

AFM--finished up a few more journals so just 11 left for tomorrow. Yay!

Next week will be a challenge to get my workouts in. I've got a bargaining meeting right after work Tuesday, then I have to leave that meeting to go back to the HS to teach an ACT prep class until 9:30 pm. I hope I;m not too tired on Wed to work out, but if so, I will move the run to Thurs. Then I have to teach another prep class on Sat. morning before going out in the afternoon/evening to see a friend's band play. They are playing at a bar in my parents' neighborhood, so I will be spending the night there on Sat.

I don't have any plans for Superbowl Sunday yet. If I care about the game, DH and I stay home to watch. I can't stand trying to watch at a bar or big party if I'm emotionally invested in the teams. However, since I don't really care who wins, I may venture out if I get an invite. :smile:

January Challenge:
    Under calorie goal: 22/24 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    All-in: run 2 days/week: week 1 = 2/2, week 2 = 3/2, week 3 = 2/2, week 3 = x/2
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47)

Grading Goals:
    1. 55/66 journal conferences

Exercise Goals: (week 4)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
    Mon--walk gunner
    Tues--rest day (meeting)
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • kwarthman
    kwarthman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I will be 56 and just installed this app to help keep me on track better. I am on a long journey and am nearing the end. I have changed my lifestyle since June 2014 and have lost 87 pounds so far. I do water aerobics and have been lifting weights to increase bone density.

I want to reach my goal of 135 by August. I am doing Low Carb High Fat and my physician is happy with my progress. I hope to stick to my diet more strictly to achieve faster results and feel better and healthier. I have 75 pounds to go.

I am enjoying the community postings. It is great to see I am not the only one struggling and also adjusting to my changing body.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    @p1xyn1xy - ran across something that reminded me of your search for a motto ... Purpose your greatest challenge

Sunday Share - Since there are a lot of new and returning posters, I'll introduce myself and hope to get to know you-all better also. My name is Niki, I am 69 and my birthday is coming up in about 5 weeks when I will turn to another decade. I live with Strawberry the cat, having lost another one in late December; have a son in the midwest and a teenage granddaughter. I don't get to see my son's family very often as I am in the Great Lakes region. I'm hoping to make the trip to visit them this August. My journey to better health through nutrition, weight control, and body form has been on-going for a number of years, after a long time of just having 'given up' of ever regaining robust health and a trim figure. Now my goals are to prolong my life, if I can, through better health ... and that includes weight-loss. I have a lot of physical complaints and ailments, but try not to let them get me down. The with-me-forever disease that really prompted me to try again is Diabetes. It runs in my family down my mom's heritage and all of us kids got it when we reached adult-hood. We've lost a lot of family members to the complications of this disease and I'm trying very hard to stay that executioner in my own life. My favorite phrase is one from Whinnie the Pooh ... it's more of a 'talk' ... Pooh asks Piglet, "What day is it?" Piglet answers "Today" Pooh states "My favorite day!". And that's how I live my life ... every new day is my favorite day.

Wath your calories challenge - 22/24 (goal is 28/31)
    ALL-In challenge - 3 times a week at the gym - zero
    2015 Phrase to live by - Follow-Through

Follow-Through. Niki
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Success or failure depends more upon attitude than upon capacity; successful men act as though they have accomplished or are enjoying something.

Soon it becomes a reality.

Act, look, feel successful, conduct yourself accordingly, and you will be amazed at the positive results.

William James

I saw this quote on FB this morning and thought it appropriate for here.

Barb
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Lets see for all the new faces I will do a short sunday Share. I am tammy and a wife and mother to three grown children 2 of which still live at home while trying to pay off some schooling debt. I am 42 and been married to the same wonderful man for 22 years. My husband is an engineer on a fishing boat in Alaska so is gone for long stretches of time. You will notice when he is home I don't check in or post as often as I should, lol. I am also a momma to 4 furbabbies. I have a little pomchi named petey who is 3. Then a bigger one who we aren't sure of the the parentage. He was supposed to be heeler which we can see a little and saint bernard. He has some of the coloring but is topping at around 55 pounds so who knows. He is only 1 and still just a big dopey puppy. Then just a couple months ago we added two kittens, Isis and Loki, to our menagerie. I don't work but watch my brothers kids before and after school so all of it tends to keep me fairly busy. I have been on this journey for three years now. The first year went great and the second one was basically one long stall but I never gave up. Then last year I was starting to make some progress and then got a fairly serious ankle injury that put me down for about five months. I gained some but am back going strong now and only have eight more pounds to get back to pre injury weight. This is going to be my year I can just feel it.

Mountmary: I love that quote. We should apply it to so many areas of our lives.

Skinny: I sure wish I had your flatlands when I am trying to ride my new bike but I was born and raised in Illinois and I cant honestly imagine going back. Like I told the kids this is the only place I know where you can go from mountains to wetlands to saltwater to desert all in one day. It is truly perfect for me :)

Well time to get ready. The kids and I are taking out the old truck and going mudding. Time to get dirty lol. Have a great day everyone :)
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all.
    My name is Lori, 54, married both adult sons still living at home. I own a small interior design business that mostly does window treatments. My sister works for me full time.
    We are extremely busy right now and I am struggling to catch up. I have been on this weight loss journey for 3 years. MFP has been critical to my success. I am down a total of 100 pounds. My next goal is to get below 170 which would take me out of the obese category on the BMI.

I have had a bad cold for the last couple of days. Still not feeling good but we have tickets for the Green Bay Gamblers Hockey game this afternoon. All 4 of us planned to go. We don't often do family things so I will go. Food will probably not go well but I will only eat calorie worthy items.

The mantras and motivational quotes are very inspiring for me. Thanks to all who are posting.

I did skip the gym this weekend. Still not sure if I will go to spin in the morning. I will set the alarm and take a physical inventory to make my decision in the morning.

May the week go well for all of you.
    Love to all,
    Lori <3
    Living life gratified.
  • linskindetermined
    Options
    Hi All, I am looking to find some support on this thread. I have been working on my fitness/health/weight loss since the beginning of July this year. I am down 79 pounds and still going. Fitness and health have become part of who I am. I use fitness pal daily and would love to become part of a good support network on her.
  • msbrittanyhelene
    msbrittanyhelene Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm beating myself up tremendously because I did a lot of drinking this weekend. So far today I've drank 4 bottles of water to try to get some of the bloat down but it doesn't seem to be helping. I know it was just one day but I feel like all of the progress I made has been pushed back!
  • melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @jtconst‌ - Congrats on the loss! Way to go!

@msbrittanyhelene‌ - Give yourself a little grace. We all slip up occasionally. Remember how this feels, how you feel about yourself today, so next time you're tempted, you can make a better choice for yourself.

Sunday Share: My name is Melissa and I live in a small town in Kansas. I'm a freelance writer and occasional substitute teacher. Last year was my first full year of freelancing after about 18 months of job hunting post-layoff, and have been pleasantly surprised to discover that I can make a living writing. Who knew?! I'm counting 2014 as a "rebuilding year" and looking ahead to creating serious success in 2015.

So today was Day 21 of my Miracle Morning routine, and 21 days in a row of practicing yoga as part of that routine. A couple of days ago I noticed that I'm feeling stronger, and today I'm noticing a bit of extra lift and definition in my torso. Decided to weigh myself - something I usually avoid when Aunt Flo is here. I'm about the same as pre-Flo, which is a good sign. :smile:

I'll be back later with my goals for the week.
  • ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to follow along on my phone, but I hope to get to know everyone after a while of reading so that I can remember who I'm replying to by the time I scroll down to the comment box at the bottom. The alternative is to reply to you all individually, but that doesn't seem to be the norm for this thread.

I somehow managed to pull a muscle in my shoulder/scapula area. I've been icing it, and taken anti inflammatories, but any suggestions would be appreciated. The sad part is that I didn't do this as I would expect by exercising wrong or too much, I think I did this lifting a trash bag. :(
  • msbrittanyhelene
    msbrittanyhelene Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you @melifornia! Tomorrow's a new day!
  • Rozie1019
    Options
    Sunday share: Hi I'm Rozie, 24, from Houston TX. I have been married for 3 months. I have an amazing husband and an amazing dog named simon. He's my baby, he's a lab pitt rott mix and he is the sweetest dog ever. I have right around 100 lbs to lose. My goal weight is 200lbs right now because my frame is very very large which is why my dad thinks I love lifting so much.

Ughhh I have been sick the past few days. Finally feeling better. It's frustrating just when I think I am back life throws another punch my way. Once these sniffles are gone I am going to start working out again.

But now I am even more determined. I went grocery shopping last night and have been cooking and cleaning today. So far I have cooked 4lbs of veggies to use with different meals, 2 cups of rice, and 3lbs of chicken have been boiled. Right now I have 1 cup of quinoa and a bag of black beans soaking before I cook them. Next I am going to cook some ground turkey to use later in the week, cook my kielbasa and potato dish for dinner tomorrow and Tuesday, cook my fajita steak that is already cut and seasoned for lunches this week, boil eggs for the week, and then cook dinner which will be squash and zuchini noodles with hot italian sausage topped with my homemade pasta sauce. I think I am going to pre-log everything so I am more likely to stick to it. I need to make sure to bring a snack for on my way home because that is my down fall. I am so on top of this!!

Will catch up soon! Gotta get back to cooking!

Have a great day!
    Rozie
  • melifornia
    Options
    @Rozie1019 - Way to rock the food prep today! That's my goal for February (focusing on a couple of other things this month). You're an inspiration. :smile:

@ZebsterBC‌ - As someone with chronic bursitis in one shoulder, I can tell you that ice an anti-inflammatories are pretty much all you can do to speed the healing process.
  • drainqueen
    drainqueen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi
    My name is April. I am new to this whole 100 lb weight loss. I have never been over weight until the past year or two. I started putting on weight when I started struggling with severe depression and anxiety. The weight just kept piling on. I decided I would quit smoking in Nov. 2013 so I could loose the extra 50lbs I'd put on. Only once I was no longer smoking the weight kept coming. With the depression I couldn't convince myself to get healthy. Now here I am 100 lbs overweight. I'm embarrassed. I hate going in public. I own one pair of jeans. I just can't bring myself to buy clothes.
    January 1, 2015 I stopped drinking coke, eating junk food and, breads, potatoes & pastas. I am eating lots of fruits, vegetables, fish, chicken and egg whites. I feel better already. My sleeping routine is becoming more normal. I have energy. I feel happier.
    I'm struggling to start an exercise routine. With snow on the ground I'm not comfortable walking. I can't afford a gym so I am left with my dvds which have always helped me stay health years ago. Now when I put in a dvd I am not feeling the motivation or the high to keep going every day. I've tried doing jumping jacks at random times to inspire myself to keep going but nothing is clicking. Any suggestions on how to kick the exercise portion in to my weightloss journey?
  • melifornia
    Options
    Goals for the last week of January!

MFP Goals January 25-31

Diet Goals

* No fast food 3/7 days - x/7
    * Track food 7/7 days - 1/7

Exercise Goals

* 30 mins of cardio (preferably elliptical) 3/7 days - x/7
    * Yoga daily as part of Miracle Morning routine - 1/7
    * Talk to trainer at rec center about strength training -

Health Goals

* Take meds daily - x/7
    * Refill pill box when needed -
    * Call optomtrist about contact Rx -
    * Take measurements and enter in MFP -

Cleaning Goals

* Declutter kitchen cabinets over sink -
    * Take last tote of kids clothes to BigBro's house -
    * Follow daily cleaning schedule - x/7

Personal Goals

* Complete Miracle Morning routine daily - 1/7
    * Move wake up time back to 6AM daily - x/7
    * Tweak night time routine to better set up for mornings -
    * In bed, lights out by 10:30 PM at least 4/7 days - x/7

Work Goals

* Submit at least 4/8 magazine articles for review - x/8
    * File newspaper article -
    * Invoice newspaper -
    * Invoice magazines -
    * Resolve issue with client's shopping cart -
    * Follow up on PR pitches sent last week -
    * Send 5 LOIs to editors - x/5

January All-In

* Login to MFP daily - 25/31
    * At/Under calorie limit 20/31 - 5/31
    * Workout (besides yoga) 12/31 - 9/31

2015 Mantra: Live Intentionally
  • melifornia
    Options
    @drainqueen - Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a great start regulating your diet. Good job! You know, it's OK to focus on the food first and add exercise later. Of course you want to speed up your weight loss, and exercise will certainly do that, but don't try to do too much, too soon. If you're not feeling motivated to exercise yet, that's OK. Keep working on the food aspect of the equation until you're really, really solid there. As you feel better from eating well and sleeping well, the motivation and energy to exercise will come, I promise.
  • ZebsterBC
    Options
    melifornia wrote: »
    @Rozie1019 - Way to rock the food prep today! That's my goal for February (focusing on a couple of other things this month). You're an inspiration. :smile:

@ZebsterBC‌ - As someone with chronic bursitis in one shoulder, I can tell you that ice an anti-inflammatories are pretty much all you can do to speed the healing process.

Thank you. I'm glad I started both right away. I'm sorry you have chronic bursitis. Shoulder pain is not fun.

I'm impressed with Rozie's food prep skills too! Way to go! :smile:
  • ZebsterBC
    Options
    @drainqueen‌ You're off to a good start. I totally understand not wanting to shop for clothes. It's a frustrating experience and it makes you feel like you're accepting that you'll stay heavy. Buy enough that you'll feel comfortable going out and so that you can feel the change as you lose weight. When my clothes begin to feel looser, I get more of a boost than when I weigh in and see the loss.
    As for exercise, the DVDs are probably too much to start with. I've found them to be a chore when I did them. They force you to move at the instructor's pace and not yours. It's easier to start when you can set your own pace. Can you pick a couple of exercises to start and do a number that fits your comfort level, then switch them with a different type of exercise to avoid boredom. Start light, then increase as you feel comfortable.
    Is there a mall near you that you can drive to? Walking inside a mall is a good winter exercise.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Mknits-congrats on the 4 lb loss and Yeah for a good report from the doctor on the Bronchitis not damaging your lungs. Love the fact about cashews, they do make me feel better, however my favorite are the chocolate covered ones so not sure they count but I don’t care. They are my go-to snack.

Skinny (Karen) Great job on getting most of the journals graded. I may lose my planning days due to snow. It is expected to start tonight with storm #1 and storm #2 comes in Monday Night and goes through Tuesday morning. How was your run today?

ZebsterBC-Welcome.

Kaye- A walk in the sunshine sounds fantastic. It was coudly today but slightly warmed. We are expecting tonight into Tuesday.

Lori- Hope you feel better. Enjoy the swim class.

Hansea- The stairs were a great way to get some exercise during your workshop.

JustineElizabeth- Day by day is a way to take this journey.

Marypoppins- Hope your kids are feeling better.

Myrabutler-Welcome.

Riella-Welcome.

Bsracer- Your body will tell when to eat, just eat slowly and it will help you not to overeat to catch up.

P1xyn1xy- Seize the Day!

Deb- Welcome Back. It is great to see you again.

JT What is mudding?

Kwarthman-, and linskindetermi-Welcome

Msbrittany-Welcome and drinking water is a great way to help get rid of the bloat. It might take a few days to get rid of it all.

Zebster- Shoulder injuries are tough and they do need rest. Lifting the trash bag was most likely the final straw for that muscle. Icing and rest are the best things you can do for it right now. Give it a couple of days and then use it lightly. You can look up shoulder exercises to help strengthen the area.

Draintrain- Weclome, I second Melifornia comment about focusing on food first and the exercise will come. It is very hard with winter to get outside and walk or exercise. DVD never motivated me either. Do you have stairs in your house? If so you would make an extra trip or two up the stairs to help increase your activity level.

I am Laurie, 44 year old and single. I teach middle school science for 8th graders and that covers multiple sciences so it keeps me busy. I started this process about 4.5 years ago now have lost around 70 pounds. I still have about 30 to go and it will be a slow and steady process. My mantra for the month is dedication and consistency.

We are supposed to be on semester break Monday and Tuesday but Mother Nature will be playing havoc with those plans. I just hope I can get to school tomorrow for some work time without the kids in session. We are expecting 2 snow storms- one is a clipper system and the other could be from a Nor’Easter. Sorry to my New England Friends, it looks like you could get hammered from the second storm. At this point, when both storms are over they are saying 3-6 inches up to 12” inches in some places.

Exercise plans
    Sunday- Climbing
    Monday- Gym with trainer
    Tuesday-rest
    Wednesday- gym or swim
    Thursday- gym
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday- Swim
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Bump ☺️ and hi everyone.