Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CaptAwesome77
    CaptAwesome77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've eaten food in the shower. There may or may not have been some quiet sobbing involved too, as I wallowed in self-pity.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    32daisies wrote: »
    Another: if I I see someone consistently logging "1 serving of chicken (3 oz)", I give it the side-eye. Did you *really* only eat 3 ounces of chicken, or did you just eat a chicken breast (which can be anywhere from 9 to 12 ounces) and call it one serving?

(of course, if you're doing that and losing anyhow, eh, have at it, I guess.)

I do this too! 3 oz of chicken is pretty much nothing. I've never had a chicken breast that was less than 7 oz. I always know those are the ones who don't have food scales and are just estimating!!

Not necessarily true! ;) I do have a food scale, and I religiously weigh out EXACTLY 100 grams (slightly over 3 oz) of chicken at a time for my meals! But then again, I pretty much only eat chicken in sandwiches and (huge) salads--If I was eating it as dinner on a plate with just a veggie side, I'd probably eat double that or more. O.o

Samesies. My diary probably looks like I guess all servings of sour cream, mayo, protein powder, etc, but I really weigh every single thing and I just like being super exact.

Yup, same here. I HAVE to weigh my oats/peanut butter/whatever in 5 gram increments because I'm obsessive that way, and if something weighs 102 or 103, I'm rounding up to 105... So my food diary looks too exact to be for real sometimes! ;)

*sigh* I scraped an extra gram out of my avocado peel today, because 34g was just too frustrating to input.

Exactly! At last, someone who understands me! ;) I SCRAAAAPE the very last grams out of the peanut butter jar just so I can get a multiple of five grams... -_-
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I got promoted to a supervisor position in December because a long-term manager is retiring, and now pretty much hate my job.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I'm not even disappointed anymore when I step on the scale and it hasn't gone down despite not eating much. I didn't even weigh myself this morning because I knew it would be the same. -____-
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Talking about people's logs- I always look before I "like." Always. And I don't "like" unless it's a reasonable number, or over. I always like the over ones, because as tincanonastring said, that's actually more praiseworthy, I think, to log it when you know you've missed the mark.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to make friends offline anymore. I'm 51. I have one best friend. If we break up, I will have no live friends.

One of the reasons I'm getting rid of the fat is so I will finally feel attractive enough to believe it when a man shows interest in me. Asking for my number? I have no idea why bcuz I'm fat and I feel ugly.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I logged 100g of chocolate cake today. I suspect my peice was a bit heavier than 100g o:)
  • 32daisies
    32daisies Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Another: if I I see someone consistently logging "1 serving of chicken (3 oz)", I give it the side-eye. Did you *really* only eat 3 ounces of chicken, or did you just eat a chicken breast (which can be anywhere from 9 to 12 ounces) and call it one serving?

I always weigh mine. Normally I take a chicken breast, pound it, and cut it in half and make a meal for my hubby too. So if it's my log, I promise it's right.

Oh the other thing, if I know a quarter cup is 28g, I'll weigh out the grams but just log it as the quarter cup since most of the food items are in there that way and its a pain to find the entry with grams sometimes.

No, it's not yours. :) Actually, you have GREAT food logs, you're totally precise and I can tell you're being completely honest. I've looked at yours for inspiration, actually.

I've had some frustration with the measurements things are listed in the database too, when whatever unit it's given in isn't precise enough.
  • 32daisies
    Options
    Talking about people's logs- I always look before I "like." Always. And I don't "like" unless it's a reasonable number, or over. I always like the over ones, because as tincanonastring said, that's actually more praiseworthy, I think, to log it when you know you've missed the mark.

I love that idea.
  • 32daisies
    Options

I do this too! 3 oz of chicken is pretty much nothing. I've never had a chicken breast that was less than 7 oz. I always know those are the ones who don't have food scales and are just estimating!!

Not necessarily true! ;) I do have a food scale, and I religiously weigh out EXACTLY 100 grams (slightly over 3 oz) of chicken at a time for my meals! But then again, I pretty much only eat chicken in sandwiches and (huge) salads--If I was eating it as dinner on a plate with just a veggie side, I'd probably eat double that or more. O.o

That's super awesome, then. Go you! :)

(I still think a lot of people just put in one serving, though. I know -- years ago I used to do it, too. Buying that food scale is a big eye-opener, isn't it?)

It so is! I was really in denial about pita bread, of all things! O.o I logged a big ole pita as like 80 calories because I just couldn't believe that a flat piece of bread could be so many calories... And when I finally got a food scale and faced the facts... It was 300 calories! ;)

Oh, pita. How I wish I could quit you. Seriously, and I don't even like the lower-cal kind of pitas, I like the nice doughy ones. With hummus. If it's hummus, it's healthy, right?

• Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I joined a DietBet (for which I need to lose 4.9 pounds) and I actually gained 0.2 lbs so far because I continued to go out to eat/eat poorly/not exercise. I now have 22 days to lose the weight and I'm freaking out!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options

I use the MFP recipe builder all the time. I weigh out what I am cooking, make it into a recipe and then divide it by the number of people who are going to eat it (two helpings calculated for each of my teenage boys). I even go in and adjust a recipe each time I make it so that the ingredients match up. For instance, I am making Peppercorn Lime Steelhead Trout for dinner. I had to adjust the weight of the fish because I bought more this time than I did last time. That part of my diary is pretty accurate. I may forget to log a glass of wine though...or a salted caramel...or two.

I also have started logging a day ahead because I plan what I can eat the next day factoring in what exercise I am going to do. This way, I prepack my lunch the night before so I have no excuses like "I forgot my lunch...guess I better have pizza". I prepack my gym bag with multiple days of gym clothes too. This way, I can't say to myself, "damn, forgot the gym bag...better not go tonight". I wear the gross clothes home from the gym and throw them into the dirty clothes but my gym bag stays in the car. Plus, I rarely eat all my calories back so I am almost always below my goal. Mind you, my goal is pretty high so that makes it easier!

• Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I buy chicken and cut it down before freezing and weigh it out. Weight is written on the bag. So yes, some if us really *do* ONLY eat 3 ounces.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Quasita wrote: »
    I also figure I should admit... I'm so big (and this is not body dysmorphia talking here) that I can't imagine I'll ever be appealing to anyone. Sometimes, it gets so lonely... All I want sometimes is someone that can see past how rough I've been with my body, and consider me beautiful.

I have panic attacks sometimes, thinking about the fact that I'm in my 30s, and getting to a normal size of any type seems so impossible. I think I'm too late to do anything worthwhile, and that I will die alone. Ha.

You don't have to be a "normal" size to find someone. I always had guys interested in me, even when I weighed 300 pounds. I am not very attractive, so I have no idea why, but there you go.

Maybe it is mostly a question of getting out and meeting a lot of people.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Major confession time: my beard is a toupee. It hooks around my ears with an elastic strap and I only wear it so I can make cool profile pics.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I buy chicken and cut it down before freezing and weigh it out. Weight is written on the bag. So yes, some if us really *do* ONLY eat 3 ounces.

How do you manage to cut out exactly 3 ounces every time though? That's the thing I don't get... I see people log 3oz or 4oz all the time, but unless they're wasting food by trimming the breast until it's exactly 3oz, I don't really understand how it's possible.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    megsb1991 wrote: »
    I stand on the scales completely and utterly starkers. You never know, my clothing could be suppperrr heavy. I also once tried to tye my hair up to see if it made a difference....

Also, for any friends or family who are non-MFP, when they ask how much I've lost, I say 1 extra pound than I actually have lost as inner-encouragment. Then when I actualy do lose it I can say 'Boom! See you could do it! That statement is now completely true' ;)

I'm worse, I won't even have a watch on when I weigh in!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

How do you manage to cut out exactly 3 ounces every time though? That's the thing I don't get... I see people log 3oz or 4oz all the time, but unless they're wasting food by trimming the breast until it's exactly 3oz, I don't really understand how it's possible.

I put exactly 100 grams of chicken in my daily salads. I cook a couple breasts on Sundays, weight it out each day, and at the end of the week, anything left over goes into the next week's first salad. If I was going to save them by freezing, I'd just toss the last few grams that didn't fit into a proper portion into the dog's bowl.
  • schonton
    schonton Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I never know if the serving size is for cooked or raw meat. So I always do cooked.

i know have about 7 pounds to lose to make my sunday weight goal. And the goal will be met.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, btw. The bad, the good, the ugly. The honesty is great.

My confession: when I see that a MFP friend has had a big loss (or even any loss), I'm super happy for them. But if they're losing faster than I am, I'm a little jealous, too.

From the other side of that, I changed prescriptions a few weeks ago, and I've lost a lot of water weight because of it. I feel bad logging the losses when I know some of my friends have had a slowdown lately, especially when it's a run of 1 or 2lbs on consecutive days.