Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• armaines420
    armaines420 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie checking out the scene. I've used MFP before and had success. About a year ago I became sick and fell off the wagon. So now I'm back!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Overall, it’s been a good weekend. Saturday was errands (Michael’s, Trader Joe’s, Home Depot, Target, and Bed, Bath & Beyond) and than a final splurge meal at La Cazuela (Mango Margarita, Chips & Salsa, Refried Beans, Enchilada, and Chili Releno. Calories galore, but it was so good. Today starts clean eating and I’m finally ready to focus again. Cyrus and I went to church than breakfast at First Watch. I had this yummy Power Quinoa Bowl (quinoa, kale, crimini mushrooms, Italian sausage) so good! Cyrus had batting cages and than the rest of the day is just complete relaxation.

@Robin/Ellen – Very funny! No Wicked in Chicago. It was actually at the Fox Theater in downtown Atlanta, which is one of my favorite venues. Also, it’s so good to have you back!!

@Laurie – Brrrrr! I saw some folks out walking/running the other day and they had on so many layers, ear muffs, etc. . . I thought they were crazy, but than I thought shame on me for making excuses. Glad you had a good climb Friday. I know you love doing it.

@Skinny/Karen – I always smile when I see your post about slumber parties. I don’t think there’s too many people who would want to do that with their co-workers. I have a few I would be OK with, but not too many. Congrats on your 8K and hitting your best time. Nice!!!

@Kah/Kelley – Yikes!!! 500 accidents? Not good. After last years storm in Atlanta, everyone is extremely cautious especially the schools almost to extreme. I know safety is the priority. Glad you didn’t have to be out and about.

@GrandmaKaye – 8 miles? Is that all at one? Either way you’ve been such a walking warrior and such an inspiration.

@lindalester, @enda – Welcome!!

@ereilly/Erin – This is what vacation is about to just relax and indulge a little. Now the week is over so it’s time to get right back on track. You’ll be there before you know it.

@cblue/Lori – Once? I’m not sure if I’ve heard of that. I had to chuckle at your reference of the Terrible, No Good, etc. . . one of my favorite childhood books!! Thank you for sharing your journey. You’ve truly accomplished so much and should be so proud of yourself. WOW!! Also, I’m really hoping your husband joins you tomorrow. Thinking of you!!

@jtconst – I’m with you on twoterville. I was under for so long, but it crept back on and not happy to be above 300 again. I’m time to get back on track. I feel so much better when I’m eating better and moving. Imagine that??!!

@Tanya – Baby steps and congrats on day two without FF. Of course, like you said, if we don’t go out, we can’t eat it. Right??!!

@Niki – Awesome NSV!! I’ve always felt the emotional side of this journey is often harder than the eating to be honest. I’m glad you had a nice conversation and avoided the food splurge. You rock!! But, I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. I know that can be so devastating when your friends are suffering Prayers to her during this difficult time.

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @susan--that quinoa dish sounds delicious! I'm glad you are re-focused and know you will get bad into the 200s in no time. When you are on track, you are quite a force--I saw that first-hand in NY. You were so disciplined even while on vacation. Yes, I'm lucky to work with such great friends. We have so much fun in and outside the workplace.

@armaines--welcome!

@melissa--are you traveling for you R&R? Someplace warm, I hope. :smile:

@lori--I'm sorry that your marriage is suffering, but as melissa said, if he's not willing to be a part of this happier, healthier life you've made for yourself, you can't let that hold you back. My DH isn't a fan of exercise himself, but he fully supports and encourages my efforts. And even though he doesn't work out, he definitely eats healthier now as a consequence of making more nutritious foods that fit my calorie allowance. Of course, he's not had the same weight issues as me; however, being out of work is starting to give him some "love handles." :open_mouth: Regarding your running, with your fitness level, you should be able to run for a mile straight--I suspect you just need to slow down. When I first started running, I was trying for a 5 mph pace and kept failing to sustain for more than a few minutes. I was getting frustrated, but read an article that said to slow way down--almost to your fastest walking pace. I tried it on my next run and went for 20 minutes straight! Even now, if I go too fast, I have to take a walking break. One of my current running goals is to learn to recover from sprints at a slower running pace versus walking to recover.

@niki--so sorry to hear about your friend.

@kaye--that's great that you make your goal with strength training. I know it's something you'd been wanting to add to your routine for a while.

@erin--our spring sports are all starting this week, and the coaches are going nuts trying to figure out the facilities schedule b/c there's too much snow and ice to use the fields outside. Even if it warms up considerably more than our forecast predicts, it will takes weeks for everything to melt and dry out.

@barb (bap)--6 lbs is a great loss for the month!! Your post about my 8k gave me a chuckle only b/c I had a similar experience. Right after running that PR, one of my FB friends posted about her 10 mile run. Like you, I didn't let it lessen my own sense of accomplishment. I rarely compare myself to other runners or try to compete with them. I find that when I do that, it doesn't have any sort of positive result. We are all different people, and our achievements are worthwhile on their own merit. :smile:

@robin--so that flu outbreak in NE is your doing? ;) JK--hope you are feeling 100% soon.

@laurie--congrats on your swimming accomplishments! I know I've told you before, I'm not much of a swimmer, so your ability to swim competitively is quite impressive to me. I can swim recreationally, but never learned the proper breathing form.

@edna--welcome to the thread. As niki said, you are welcome here regardless of the amount you have to lose. When I joined MFP four years ago, I also didn't have 100 lbs to lose. However, there were so many threads of people who just needed to lose 10 or 15 lbs, or of very fit people just trying to make strength gains, that I couldn't relate to at the time. When I saw robin's thread, I knew it was the place for me. :smile:

@L2T--great goals! I think I'm going to steal your #1, but I'm going to shoot for 5/7 days under.

AFM--I will come back later to post my Saturday Success and Sunday Share. :)

March Challenge:
    At or under calories 5/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.
    All-in strength challenge=core work 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    Week 2: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. 10/64 BNW journal reflections
    2. x/64 AP essays

Exercise Goals: (week 4)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner + gym
    Tues--meeting
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--PT
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I joined this group a while ago but just figured out how to follow it, Lol. Now I just need to figure out how to copy each persons name in blue.

I'm 53, 5'1" starting weight 295 so far I have lost 75 pounds since August 2014. I still have about 80lbs to go.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi guys! I had a really fun time last night at my friend's party. We hung out at his house playing Cards Against Humanity and flippycup. Then we ubered to a nearby bar that has karaoke and dj on Saturday nights. We participated in some really horrific karaoke, but had fun. We also danced for hours--danced so hard my legs are sore today! Afterwards those of us spending the night went back to the house and continued the dance party there. I think it was almost 4 am when we finally all went up to bed.

Needless to say, we were tired this morning. Woke up about 9 am and had breakfast, then drove home (in my pj's!). Once at home, I lounged around and did some laundry. Finally got dressed about 3:30 and headed out to starbucks, but got very little accomplished here.

Now I'm off to the grocery store. DH is making a roast beef, and I need to pick up salad fixings to go with it.

Saturday Success:
    The new PR on my 8k yesterday is my biggest success. I also believe I burned enough calories dancing last night to make up for a week's worth of bad days. No wonder dancers are to fit!

Sunday Share:
    I was thinking about what susan said earlier about how close I am with my work friends, and it made me reflect on how lucky I am to have them. In addition to it being odd that we all have sleepover parties and often travel together, it's also kind of funny that we are all different ages and at different places in our lives. For example, my friend John and his wife are in their late 20s, and my friend Kim, who I'm going to Nashville with, is 26. Another colleagues wife, who's 37, is the one planning the trip. And though that may sound like I'm the old lady of the group at 45, a few others who join us regularly are in their 60s and retired. Also, some of us are married and some are single--sometimes spouses join the fun, but other times they let us go do our own thing. They really are such a fun group--makes the job that much better when you get to spend the day with people you've hung out with in your jammies. :lol:

• Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in. Had a great weekend. Stayed on plan food wise. No walk today due to rain. DD called last night so excited about getting engaged. We're thrilled for her and love our SIL to be!

March goals:

1. At or under calories 6/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average. 1/1

2. Walk at least 6 times per week, at least 3 miles each walk. 0/1

3. Note daily calories and miles in calendar and weight on Thursday morning. 1/1

4. Check in here every day if only to read the posts and keep current on the thread. 1/1

2015 Mantras:

Live like someone left the gate open (Live Joyously)
    Persevere

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    cblue and ereilly- The triathlon I am doing is an introduction event so it is a sprint- Distance is 800 swim, 9 mile bike and a 5k run. The nice thing about this tri is that the swim is in a pool and the run and bike is on a trail that I am familiar with so I can go practice when the weather improves.

Ereilly- Have you thought about doing a bike ride on some of the trails this summer. I am considering doing a Ride the trails event for either 3 days or longer but I am looking for one that involves a bed and breakfast instead of camping. Would you be interested? Send me your email address and I will email you the flier.

Cblue- Karen is right about slowing down when running. When I started running, I went to fast and could not sustain more than a couple of minutes. When I started working with this trainer, she had me go slow which meant that I could only run at the same pace as a fast walk. When I did that I was able to complete 1/8 of a mile and it gradually increased from there. At that point, I could see why people liked running. Otherwise, I saw no benefit to running since I was constantly out of breath. Try slowing down when you run and see if it makes a difference. I am impressed that you are starting with an olympic distance triathlon.

Skinny Karen-I am only been swimming competitively since last April so less than a year. I learned to swim as a kid but never swam for a swim team. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to my stroke and proper form. Luckily, the coach likes to teach the swimming skills and there is another teacher who also coaches her HS swim team and is willing to help me out. Prior to swimming with the Master's, I only swam for fun and recreational purposes. After you run sprints, slow down to a slow job for your recovery- this is almost a fast walk speed. It will help you build the endurance. You can also do running drills with a run recovery in between them. The run would be a jog. It is great that we have co-workers that we want to hang out with after work, it makes the days more enjoyable.

Well, today was a wash for me when it came to exercise. The weather did not cooperate at all today. It started snowing this morning and by 10 it had turned to sleet and by noon it was freezing rain. The rain has continued for several hours and the ice just keeps getting thicker. The temps are still below freezing but it is suppose to warm up tonight. We will see. Some school systems have already delayed for tomorrow, so I hope the call comes in soon for my county. The roads, sidewalks and parking lots are very slick. I wanted to hit the gym but it did not open until 11 am. I am not very good about working out at home so I just stayed home and did some work. Now, I hope we don't lose power due to the icy power lines.

Exercise plans for the week
    Sunday- Rest
    Monday- Trainer and long workout
    Tuesday- Gym? class and maybe dinner with a friend.
    Wednesday- Swim
    Thursday- Gym
    Friday- climbing
    Saturday Swim and gym?

• hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So, my wacky laptop was up to no good for most of the day....I got up before the sun this morning, which usually leads to a great day. I sorted laundry, prayed my Lenten reflection, wrote in my journal, prepped my readings for church since it was my day to lector at Mass, made coffee and settled in to check in with all of you...all before 6 am. Well, my laptop claimed to have an injured hard drive. Boo. I immediately started backing up all our files on an external hard drive. I didn't want to wake up my husband since he is not an early bird. I had big plans to fix it myself, but it ended up being much more involved than I thought. It took all day, but my geeky techie husband got it all shiny new. We've also resolved to keep our back ups more frequent. We hadn't done one in quite a while!

Here's a belated success...well, my child's success...my six year old found his missing school library book! It's been missing for months and we finally made the two of them go through their books and search through the terrifying mess under their bunk beds. It took all weekend, but they did it. They found it, and there was much rejoicing! It's the little things. :)

March is not off to a great start calorie-wise, but I did exercise and lift weights today. I'm going to finally get going on the 30 DS dvd I bought....last year? Yikes.

March:
    Calorie Goal- 0/21
    Exercise Goal- 1/12
    Veggie Goal-2/93 servings
    Lift Goal: 1/8
    2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @edna thanks for the info about B12. I am in no way thinking of doing the Bernstein diet as I know it is too restrictive and $$$. If the B12 shots really do control hunger I'd be willing to try it, it would be free for me after all.

@erin so nice to know I'm not the only one who feels ADD-ish! My daughter was diagnosed 2 yers ago with ADHD at age 22 (I always thought she had it as a child, but it was never brought up, she was always 'distruptive' in school. Many with it have at least one parent with some form of it... so maybe that is me... would make sense.

@NK112 that's a fantastic NSV!! I'm the same way. Also, my BF and I split up last September, it crushed me. I wanted to remain friends, but I quickly realized that it wasn't just to stay friends. I had to cut ties which is the hardest thing I've had to do, but I realized he just wasn't there for me at all after and I was wasting my energy and emotions on him. I even had to delete him from Facebook, I was stalking him that way, and only getting hurt seeing him with his new GF. The less, the better... and time.

@Susan I drooled a bit when I read about your splurge meal.

@Robin oh no... more flu? :\

AFM... after my lazy 1500 step day yesterday, I went out with friends today for a hike along a frozen river. Burned lots of calories, then went for dinner with more friends. I ordered a penne vegetable dish which had a ton of oil, which I managed to leave in a soup at the bottom of my plate... but NO FAST FOOD! :D
  • iowaoly
    iowaoly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd say hi. Not quite what to expect here, but it sounded like something I might be interested in so I will check it out. I am restarting MFP after a while off due to a difficult 2013. I've got a long ways to go but have been feeling better just by restarting and committing to tracking what I eat.
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @cblue315‌ Great job on your weight loss in the past year and all of your accomplishments, that's amazing! With your determination, you will definitely do great in that tri! Sorry to hear about the marriage problems, I know I can't offer much as I've never been married, but the way I look at it, in the end you need to do what's best for you. What will help you to keep succeeding in your new lifestyle, and what will make you happy?
    Random question... How long did it take for your plantar fasciitis to go away? I developed it in my right foot this past summer, I don't do all the stretches as I should so partially my own fault, but I am still battling with it. It was feeling much better the last month, but since I started playing basketball again last week, it has been bothering me again.

@skinnyjeanzbound‌ That will be us with figuring out our schedules in three weeks. My school's AD is not very organized either, so it makes things difficult. We still have snow at least 2 feet deep on the fields. The sun was out this weekend so we had some melting, but it is snowing again tonight, another 2-5". The worst part is, once it does all melt, we are still going to be set back because the field will be all mud and still not usable.
    Just read your other post about the party and playing flip cup.. one of my favorite games! I so can't wait til the summer because I saw a fun idea of making a slip n slide and at the end is a flip cup table, next person can't come down til you flip your cup! lol I wish I was still in college.

@Lauriek70‌ that tri sounds like the type I would like to do! I love to swim but am kinda terrified of open water since I can't see what is around me lol. The trail rides sound great, I will PM you once I get done with this post.

AFM - I was pretty lazy today. I was exhausted when I woke up despite sleeping in til 10:15. Granted I didn't go to bed til like 2:45ish. But I got up laid on the couch and started watching tv and ended up falling back to sleep til like around noon. I've also been wicked sore today from my rheumatoid arthritis. I'm hoping its just from the weather change, and my once a week med I take Sunday nights so sometimes I s tart to get sore by the weekend. I was also bad again with my eating, but I figured I will get back on track tomorrow when vacation is over, so this was my last day to splurge. Hope you all had a great weekend and start the week off well tomorrow!
    Erin
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share: Hi this is Tracy. I am 41 years old and live in Bismarck North Dakota with my husband and two children. Weight has been an issue for me as long as I can remember. Although looking back, the issue when I was in high school was my bad interpretation of what skinny/healthy was. I was in sports year round and physically working on the farm. But the only other girl in my class, was 5'11"and weighed the same as me at 5'6" ( 140 lbs – what I wouldn’t give to be that again!!!). That bad interpretation followed me to college and like so many people, that's when my actual weight problems began. So far my weight loss journey ( if that's what you call it) has been semi successful in the fact that I haven't gained back all that I have lost and I'm in better shape because of my working out. But I do need to kick it in gear if I want to lose this weight.

@Tanya…love the picture! It’s nice to see you up close. :wink:
    @Susan…how do you get your pictures sized? I can only do them from my phone (my computer is actually my work computer that doesn’t allow it) and they come across so big!
    @Lori…hope this gets through to your son. In ND, with a third DUI, he would be facing mandatory jail time. This state has decided to crack down in drunk driving big time. Thank you so much for sharing your story. You’ve done such a great job! Is your husband trying to sabotage you? It’s frustrating but remember it’s his issue, not yours as to whether he gets off the couch and moves. I was told for years to lose weight – I know what to do, but I haven’t been motivated to do it quite yet. He might be intimidated by you…you’ve been so successful. Hopefully the two of you can figure out what needs to happen for both of you to be happy – either together or apart.
    @Niki…great NSV!!!
    @Laurie…once again your workouts amaze me. Great progress!!
    @Karen…that’s quite the night. Cards Against Humanity is so wrong but so funny. My cheeks hurt after playing it. Work friends…oh I do miss them!
    @hansea…I had to laugh because when Emma was in 1st grade, we had one of those lost books. We actually found it at the very end of the summer and she turned it in when she started 2nd grade. I even got my $4 loss book fee back.

AFM…Today was a very productive day, but not around the house. The first Sunday of each month, our choir sings at both the 8:00 and 10:00 services, so I already had plans to get up earlier than normal. But it was also our JAM (Jesus and Me) fundraiser for Heifer International. The kids make crafts/bake goodies and sell them at a fair between services at church. Emma’s class had a goal of making enough money to buy a Llama and we all brought cupcakes. I had of course forgotten about this and then had issues with new tin lined cupcake liners (don’t buy them – they make you have really lopsided cupcakes!). So I was up until 2:15 last night making another round of cupcakes. Can’t decorate them when they are warm, so I got up at 6:15 to get them all decorated. By the time I got home, I needed a nap. My 13 year old made lunch (pizza) and then I had a good solid nap. I got the kitchen all cleaned and had a wonderful meal of Pork Chops and Rice for the family tonight. Just need to put away some clean clothes, read in bed for a bit and then get ready for a great week.

My March Goals:
    • Cardio – 0/3
    • Lifting – 0/2
    • Water – 1/5
    • Calories – 1/6
    Hope you all have a great start to March and your week.

• melifornia
    melifornia Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    2ledbetter wrote: »
    I joined this group a while ago but just figured out how to follow it, Lol. Now I just need to figure out how to copy each persons name in blue.

To tag someone, you @-reply them, like on Twitter. So if I want to tag you, I type @2ledbetter.

@skinnyjeanzbound‌ - I am traveling, but not to someplace warmer! My BFF and I are meeting at Table Rock in the Ozarks for a few days of hanging out, working on some mutual projects, and a little sightseeing. Originally we were staying at an acquaintance's "rustic" cabin for super cheap, but the water pump froze a couple of weeks ago and the plumber hasn't been able to come out to fix it yet. She made arrangements for us to stay at a neighbor's really nice, sleeps-30 lodge right on the lake (her cabin is about 1/2 mile back from the lake) for the same rate if the plumber couldn't get to her place by this weekend. Guess who was visualizing lots of work for the plumber last week? :wink:

Totally blew my calories today, you guys. Between IHOP for lunch and fast food for supper, I'm over-full and so is my food diary. Getting sick definitely helped get me over the craving hump quickly, and I don't care for this feeling, but I was worried that I'd slip up this week if I didn't eat it today. Not sure it was worth it physically to be able to talk myself out of fast food during the rest of the week.

I'm taking some food with me to the lake this week, and we'll go grocery shopping tomorrow afternoon since neither of us wants to eat out all the time. I'm considering taking this opportunity to try some new recipes and/or prep some items to bring home and put in my freezer. Gotta see what equipment is available in the kitchen first.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tracy--yes, that game is so BAD, but too funny to resist.

@erin--I've seen that slip and slide version on FB--it looks fun.

@lowaly & 2led--welcome!

@laurie--yes, I run my sprints at 6 mph and then slow to 5.5 for recovery. I can sustain that for about 4 miles now, so just need to keep at it until I can do 5 miles that way. :smile: Sorry you are getting even more ice and snow--I hope you get your delayed start tomorrow.

AFM--Well, a pretty unproductive starbucks session. After responding to some student emails, I finally made myself grade for "just 15 minutes" and got through exactly 1 essay.

Oh, MIL update--I think I mentioned that she called Thursday to leave a message blaming all of her woes on her daughter. Well, she called today and left a message for me asking me to call her b/c she claims there are things I don't know going on with my husband. Um, really? B/c I live with him and you haven't spoken to him in over a year.

It occurs to me as I read what I share about her antics that it must seem, to at least some of you, that I'm over-dramatizing the situation, or that there's something we've done on our end to provoke her. In fact, that's what I used to think when my DH would complain about her behavior. I would jump to her defense and say things like, "you're being paranoid" or "she doesn't mean any harm; she's just worried about you." I always thought she was just a lonely woman who wanted to be more involved in her kids' lives. Well, I've learned my lesson; she's absolutely either intentionally trying to create problems or she's actually crazy enough to believe the stories she creates. Either way, she's manipulative and toxic.

I also want to thank you guys for letting me vent about her here. I can't share this stuff on FB b/c it's way too public a place, but more importantly, DH's nephew's wife is friends with me. This is the nephew my MIL didn't drive out of her life (she drove her other grandson out of our lives and out of the state), and DH, SIL (it's her son), and I all try to spare the kids all of the drama. They are adults and know that, generally, there are problems, but we don't want to drive a wedge between them and their grandmother, so we just don't discuss it with them or in front of them.

March Challenge:
    At or under calories 5/7 days every week and at or under as a weekly average.
    All-in strength challenge=core work 3 x/week; PT 1-2 x/week; run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    Week 2: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 core; PT; x/3 runs
    8k at end of month (not sure what day) in 55 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. 10/64 BNW journal reflections
    2. 1/64 AP essays

Exercise Goals: (week 4)
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner + gym
    Tues--meeting
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--PT
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 mantra "Just 15 minutes"

• 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @melifornia‌, thank you.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I knew today would be over, but it wasn't as bad as I had feared, and I logged it. That is a success. We had everyone that lives nearby (17) here most of the day. Homemade pizza with sour dough crust constituted dinner. I made a big salad, too. Amy and Nicole went on a 4.7 mile walk with me before dinner. I didn't keep a tally of my water, but I think it was pretty good.
    Welcome to the new ones. This is such a good place for motivation and encouragement. As Karen mentioned, it is also a safe place to talk about our frustrations. If we don't have a place to talk about things, they can lead to stress eating and other bad things.
    It looks like March is off to a good start. Let's make it happen.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to say today, but I am still here.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: Good weekend overall. Busy, but that’s what happens when we work 5 days and only have 2 days for house stuff. I got quite a bit accomplished so that feels good. I do need to quit reading before bed. I just can’t put it down than realize it’s almost midnight. I normally get up about 5:30 so that’s just not enough sleep. Yesterday for the most part was OK on my food choices. I was still higher than I planned in calories, but good food selections - no junk food, sweets, etc. . . During the week, I’m going to go back to protein shakes. It worked before and I didn’t have to think about food. Even if I do this for a couple of weeks I’ll get that initial big loss and keep going from there. For now, I’m just going to focus on my food and back to tracking. I’ll add exercise when I can, but not going to get worked up about it. One thing at a time and that’s my food choices, portions and logging.

@Karen – I’m so glad you had fun at the party with your friends and was able to let loose. We need that once in a while that’s for sure. We all work very hard, but deserve to play just as hard (if not harder). I don’t think I’ve ever played Cards Against Humanity or Flippycup. What exactly are they? As for the MIL, share all you want. I remember last year when you shared what had been happening. Family or not toxic relationships are not good. Other people may feel differently, but just because someone is “family” doesn’t mean I have to accept them. My ex-husband’s father was an alcoholic and awful father. All of his family just use to say “Well, that’s just Thomas, but he’s still family.” Sorry, but I don’t accept that and I wasn’t going to allow his toxic behavior around my son. Plus, he gave me the creeps. I stayed away from him as much as possible.

@2ledbetter – Welcome! Good job losing 75#’s. AWESOME!!! You’ve got this!

@Lives2Travel – Congrats again on your DD’s engaged and gaining a SIL!! I know the sacrifices you and your DH have made will help them get a great jump start on their marriage. You’re good people. Also, if it’s OK, I’m totally stealing your March goals. Those are exactly what I need to be doing as well except the exercise I may tweak a bit. I need to just focus on getting my food under control first.

@Laurie – You haven’t talked about it lately, but what did you ever decide about your living arrangements? Still considering venturing out and finding your own place? I know it’s a major decision for you.

@Hansea – I had to chuckle at the missing library book. I quit letting my son check them out because I can’t tell you how many he’s lost. He’s now 12 and it still hasn’t stopped. Sigh.

@tlh0407 – I love Heifer Int’l. What a wonderful organization and what can be done is truly remarkable. To think one goat, can change so much? Amazing. Also, what great lessons your teaching??!! Nice! I’m not sure on the pictures, I just save them from my phone to the computer and select small. I’m definitely not technical savvy at all that’s for sure.

@melifornia – One day of crap food will not derail you. Today is a new day and I know your right back on track. Enjoy the lake and time with your BF!!

@grandmakaye – Good for you!! As we all know, we may not want to see the numbers, but we have to log everything!! It’s the only way we’ll hold ourselves accountable. No one else can do it for us. Proud of you for logging it.

@Mountmary – I’m glad you’re here. Hang in there!!!!

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I know I just logged last night, but I want to stay in a rhythm here so it’s back to morning posts for me. Otherwise my day gets going and before I know it, I’ve missed it.

@Mel…whether at a rustic cabin or the nice lodge, you’ll have fun. My BFF and I take one trip each year and we have such a wonderful time. We did a short trip through part of the Ozarks three years ago. Beautiful!
    @Karen…good call and not talking to the “kids” about your MIL – not their fight. My BFF struggles with a MIL being “crazy” like yours but on top of it she has an alcoholic father and a bi-polar mother that is refusing to take her medicine. I hope she goes back to ignoring you soon.
    @Susan...I do the same thing. Although last night I shut the light off by 11:00 and this morning was so easy.

AFM…starting my day off with a protein shake and my jug of water full. I will be going to water aerobics tonight and possibly something else at the gym with my sister. My goals for today are:

Water - 75 Oz
    Calories - at goal
    Gym - water aerobics and maybe something else
    Home - Get my checkbook balanced (it's been a while!! :blush: ) and my clean clothes put away (yes, that was suppose to get done last night but my book apparently took priority)

Have a super Monday everyone!!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @ereiliy311 - Plantar Fasciitis, It took almost a year of diligence. Doing stretches every day. Never going barefoot, even in the house I wear slippers with arch support. I buy good shoes and never wear ballet flat styles. For sandals I only wear Birkenstock or similar type. I ice my feet after a really long walk or after running. I have golf balls in the freezer that I use for this. I have really good running shoes with inserts and biking shoes with arch support built in. I just know how painful it was and know I have to care for my feet if I do not want the pain to return. I did end up getting cortisone shots in my arches and that is what killed off the last of the pain. I have been pain free for over a year now. The best thing I ever did was to go to a podiatrist. I spent several hundred dollars at my chiropractor and did not make much progress. A few months with the podiatrist and I was well on my way to pain free. Good luck to you, everyone deserves to have pain free feet.