40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Jackie we all have those days and weeks, if you can stay the course most of the time you are going to be fine.

Allenpriest I'm so sorry about your friend. I'm glad you are determined to get healthy.
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Allenpriest sorry to hear about your friend.

• AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Just had my breakfast, and am now mentally preparing myself for a day out with the family. First we are taking our 6 yo to a lovely teahouse. He has taken a liking to drinking tea so I want him to explore all the different tastes and scents of them. While there we are indulging in some of their famous cakes. So, mentally preparing myself not to gorge in those..

The rest of the day is going to be spent in the Botanical Garden. They have been working on the greenhouses the most of last year and so have been closed for the public. Now they are open again and we are looking forward to visit. We live in Denmark, so it is a wonderfull way to dream of warmer destinations during winter while butterflies zip around.

Have a nice day :smile:

• JackieUnlimited
    JackieUnlimited Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your friends passing allenpriest! My heart goes out to you and his family.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Now it is worse - turns out he was murdered by one of his foster kids. He took some of the most troubled and difficult to place foster kids in the system.

Oh I am just sick about it.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    @allenpriest‌, I'm sorry for your loss. :'( My thoughts with you and your friend's family. Take care!
  • JackieUnlimited
    Options
    That is horrible allenpriest. :'(
  • trish56832
    trish56832 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Now it is worse - turns out he was murdered by one of his foster kids. He took some of the most troubled and difficult to place foster kids in the system.

I am so sorry for your loss. If you are a believer in faith this is a time to dig deep and try to believe everything happens for a reason even when we can not phathom any possible justification >hugs<
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh, allenpriest - I'm so sorry to hear your dreadful news! My thoughts are with you.
  • alf1163
    Options

OMG that is sad!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,972 Member
    Options
    Wow...this thread is hopping today!
  • alf1163
    Options
    0ep3v7trxrwv.jpg

Fun times at the park with my granddaughter! Beautiful day in San Antonio. <3
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wow alf - you look great!!! I'd have assumed you were mum and daughter not grandma and granddaughter :) Cute photo!

ETA: I really liked San Antonio - I went there for a conference a few years ago... seemed like it would be a nice place to live.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Alf, you had better not let Charles Barkley see you. He will have to revise his view on SA women.
  • vomckey
    vomckey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    5byp8izdvhiw.jpg

Have stayed crazy active lad 2 days.. Food wise I haven't been perfect, but I have been pretty good. No alcoholic beverages, unhealthy snacks, or dessert even though there has been plenty of opportunity.

Will weigh Monday .. Hopefully no damage done.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Vomchey, love those smiles. You have a good looking family.
  • wilkinswendy2014
    Options
    Would like to join the group. Trying to figure this app/thread out.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

• JackieUnlimited
    Options
    Just finished an hour fast paced walk with my dog through the woods on and off trail. Working off what I ate and drank over the last two days. Checked my weight this morning and thankfully only up marginally, half a pound. Good thing this is not a habit and not one I want to get back into. Time for a good breakfast.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    alf such a nice picture of you and your grand daughter, looks like you're both having fun.
    Vomckey nice picture and yes it's hard to be good on the weekends sometimes.
    allenpriest so sorry to hear about your friend. It's extra awful when it's someone trying to help someone else.
    It sounds like everyone is having a busy weekend. Mine, not so busy, it's a snowday and church was cancelled. I have a niece spent the night so all the teenagers are having fun. I picked out fabric to make the 2 nieces pillowcases, so I got them made and one for my son I just hadn't done yet. She would always come over with her king size pillow hanging out of the one we made a couple years ago, and it looked really pitiful.
    I got my excercising in yesterday and did 20 minutes today. I've been a little naughty with Mike's b-day cake, I've had 2 very small pieces. We went out for b-day dinner to Texas Roadhouse Friday and I was surprised I was within my calories.
    Have a nice Sunday everyone, we're hoping this is the last snow.