Join the Gelato and Ice Cream Group

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Just had the Southern Butter Pecan. It's good...just not my "thing". I like fudgie/caramelly/peanut buttery/gooey things. Plus pecan pie is like my favorite dessert, so I'd rather have that with vanilla or caramel ice cream than this. But it is very good.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    they still don't have sea sale caramel at publix…. :(
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I have the Talenti Southern Butter Pecan to try tonight. Good?

Incredible in my opinion.

Yay! Can't wait.
    I'm probably going to get kicked out for saying this, but:

The Haagen Dazs salted caramel is better than the Talenti salted caramel.

I don't believe it.

I don't believe it, either.

It's good! It's really creamy and has a fairly strong caramel flavor.

I'm not saying the Talenti isn't delicious, just that I prefer the HD. I'm probably in the minority there ;)

I get it. I like ribbons of things too haha. I like the chocolate chunks or whatever in the talenti though.

I like those chocolate covered caramels, too. One of my good friends told me she thought the HD was better than the Talenti, and I almost dropped her! I think I tried it once, maybe I'll buy it again to be sure. For SCIENCE!

Wait, what? Chocolate covered caramels? I didn't get any of those! I guess I need to eat more.

Also the HD gelato vs the Talenti is a 40 calorie difference (at least for this particular flavor).

Did you only eat one serving? There are little chocolate covered caramels in there. nom.

Yep, I only had one. I'm going to fit one in tomorrow. This might change everything.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

I'm not saying the Talenti isn't delicious, just that I prefer the HD. I'm probably in the minority there ;)

I get it. I like ribbons of things too haha. I like the chocolate chunks or whatever in the talenti though.

I like those chocolate covered caramels, too. One of my good friends told me she thought the HD was better than the Talenti, and I almost dropped her! I think I tried it once, maybe I'll buy it again to be sure. For SCIENCE!

Yeah, you get it and let me know. I never buy HD. Doesn't call to me.

wait, there is High Definition ice cream??????
  • arditarose
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

You're a regular comedian
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

You're a regular comedian

lol I can't help myself...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Are spiced pecans made with cinnamon? I'm thinking about getting this now....
    JuRl0m8.jpg?1

I've got that one in my freezer-- haven't had a full serving yet but idk if you'd like it. It tastes like ginger and maybe a bit of cinnamon. I thought it was lovely but you and your dislike of cinnamon. :noway:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Wait, what? Chocolate covered caramels? I didn't get any of those! I guess I need to eat more.

Also the HD gelato vs the Talenti is a 40 calorie difference (at least for this particular flavor).

The first time I had it, I didn't get any either, and then the 2nd time, I was like WHOAH!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

I'll see if they have the singles. I'm sure @dragonmaster69‌ will help me eat it if I "have" to get a pint.
  • arditarose
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

The first time I had it, I didn't get any either, and then the 2nd time, I was like WHOAH!

Wait, do some of the pints cheat you of these?!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Wait, do some of the pints cheat you of these?!

I think sometimes the mix-ins end up below the surface. They weren't even noticeable until I actually scooped it out with an ice cream scooper. My first "serving" was really just a spoonful, but it still didn't uncover the deliciousness that lay beneath.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    I just scooped through my entire pint of gelato - nothing resembling chocolate covered caramel. I'm so disappointed.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

I've had one pint that hardly had any. I was not happy-- the truffles totally make it. I'm a mix-in girl, if there aren't mix-ins I'm usually not sold. The only exception is the GF dark chocolate caramel.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Ah okay, there's hope yet.
  • arditarose
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

I've had one pint that hardly had any. I was not happy-- the truffles totally make it. I'm a mix-in girl, if there aren't mix-ins I'm usually not sold. The only exception is the GF dark chocolate caramel.

I feel you. I need a ribbon of something or pieces of something chocolatey/gooey.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Yes, this is me, too! This is probably why I preferred the HD. Because just the base gelato - Talenti wins, no doubt. I bet with the nuggets of awesome, I'll change my mind.

How is the Caramel Cookie Crunch? Has anyone had it?
  • arditarose
    Options

Yay! Can't wait.

I don't believe it.

Yes, this is me, too! This is probably why I preferred the HD. Because just the base gelato - Talenti wins, no doubt. I bet with the nuggets of awesome, I'll change my mind.

How is the Caramel Cookie Crunch? Has anyone had it?

I hear @ndj1979 is down with it. I like it too. Might get it again next.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I just scooped through my entire pint of gelato - nothing resembling chocolate covered caramel. I'm so disappointed.

What?! Take a picture and send it to Talenti. They have a FB page. Maybe they'll send you a coupon for a new one.