40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Alisha, I have always heard great minds think alike.
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Can I join? My 40th birthday is in 3 weeks!

I lost a little more than 40 lbs with the help of MFP and WW back in 2011/2012. Unfortunately, I let some of that weight come back! I have been on track since January 2015... losing slowly but surely (1-2 lbs per week). I have 14 lbs to lose to get back to goal!

Her are my stats:

5'0"
    HW 161.3 (Sept. 2011)
    GW 120 (attained in April 2012)

CW 134.2 (March 12, 2015)
    GW 120 (hoping to hit this by mid-late June, 2015).

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Beeps, did you photobomb their pictures????

Larro, nice ride!!!!
  • spartridge89
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!! Enjoy your trip.
  • Mila48
    Mila48 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just purchase a Jawbone (like. Nike Fit wrist band) can't wait to get moving!!!
  • trish56832
    trish56832 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »
    And my shiny red single seater is a no wheeler. I guess I could blame you as a bad influence with all of your water pictures. But it was a discontinued model, and marked down from $450 to $300. I'm tempted to leave it in the truck tonight, and put it in the river in the morning. Might as well go ahead and break it in right.

2ylru4jilf7k.jpg

Larro

How hysterical! Look what I bought last night!x98eubwjqpus.jpg

Ok I'm feeling left out! I have a river very close that I have contemplated exploring with a kayak.... Perhaps one will accidentally slip into my SUV ( will search Craig's list for a used one!)
  • trish56832
    trish56832 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Crosbylee: always hard to dedicate time to ones self. Harder for some than for others. This is the first time in my life that I think I am finding a slight balance and getting at least a 40 minute walk in every day - you can do it!!

Allenpriest- good luck on the lab results and congrats on the 90 pounds gone!! You are a Rockstar and your mentality - the reality that good genetics will only last so long... I wish it was contagious! Keep it up!

Beeps2011- nice work lifting heavy things and I had to Lol at the thought of you photo bombing the session ;)

Bradleykelly- welcome. I am brand new here as well :)

Mommylern- in 2012 I successfully lost 20 pounds and bought a Trek... But the bike was not complete without proper wardrobe and I think the hot pink racing shirt and black bike shorts made me faster! Lol! Enjoy your new workout outfit and get them gym shoes ASAP :)

Littlenell- love that you clarified chips/fries I immediately only think of chips as the American version but ironically for lunch Friday I had fish n chips which in that context is almost always fries !! Your skills with your graphs is impressive!

Alf1163. Your proteins looks delicious. I am struggling to balance my fat and protein. Seems if I hit my protein goal my fats are too high! Work in progress!!
  • cherylann11
    cherylann11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Happy St Patricks Day!
  • cherylann11
    cherylann11 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    u5agyx7bgt9g.jpg
  • mommylern5
    mommylern5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    trish56832 wrote: »
    Crosbylee: always hard to dedicate time to ones self. Harder for some than for others. This is the first time in my life that I think I am finding a slight balance and getting at least a 40 minute walk in every day - you can do it!!

Allenpriest- good luck on the lab results and congrats on the 90 pounds gone!! You are a Rockstar and your mentality - the reality that good genetics will only last so long... I wish it was contagious! Keep it up!

Beeps2011- nice work lifting heavy things and I had to Lol at the thought of you photo bombing the session ;)

Bradleykelly- welcome. I am brand new here as well :)

Mommylern- in 2012 I successfully lost 20 pounds and bought a Trek... But the bike was not complete without proper wardrobe and I think the hot pink racing shirt and black bike shorts made me faster! Lol! Enjoy your new workout outfit and get them gym shoes ASAP :)

Littlenell- love that you clarified chips/fries I immediately only think of chips as the American version but ironically for lunch Friday I had fish n chips which in that context is almost always fries !! Your skills with your graphs is impressive!

Alf1163. Your proteins looks delicious. I am struggling to balance my fat and protein. Seems if I hit my protein goal my fats are too high! Work in progress!!

Trish: I know right lmbo! Gotta look fashionable for that 5 k in June lol!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope that you all have a fabulous day! It's snowing here today so I will be running inside after work. Can't wait until it's warm enough to run outside consistently. I'm such a wimp. Anything under 25 degrees and my hiney is inside running. LOL
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    trish56832 wrote: »

Thanks trish56832! I am still working on it. I used to take my daughter in a stroller with me. Now she is a bit older and wants to get in and out of it. She gets impatient so sometimes it is easier to not have her with me. Now is when I would like to be back in the gym so I can focus on what I am doing and not worry about her jumping around so much. I do try and encourage her to exercise, but being that she is five years old, she just needs to be a kid for now.
  • mommylern5
    Options
    valleemic wrote: »
    Can I join? My 40th birthday is in 3 weeks!

I lost a little more than 40 lbs with the help of MFP and WW back in 2011/2012. Unfortunately, I let some of that weight come back! I have been on track since January 2015... losing slowly but surely (1-2 lbs per week). I have 14 lbs to lose to get back to goal!

Her are my stats:

5'0"
    HW 161.3 (Sept. 2011)
    GW 120 (attained in April 2012)

CW 134.2 (March 12, 2015)
    GW 120 (hoping to hit this by mid-late June, 2015).

Welcome! I'm new here too but welcome anyway.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hi Kids,

Hope all of you are well and in good spirits.

I see there is a lot of activity on here and that is a good thing. The pictures does provide insight into each person's personality.

I took extreme fit last night and we had a 15 minute tabata segment and the class was winded (OMG). It was fairly warm and we had to run outside. Will do some cardio tonight.

Keep up the great work everyone.

• Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day Cool Kids!
    Of course I totally forgot when I was packing my clothes last night, and don't have a green thread on. And my peeps come from Scotland and Ireland. Oops.
    The ride home last night wasn't too hard, and I still managed to get up and to the gym at 5 a.m. Will go to Hard CORE at lunch. Then it's girl's night. We'll walk so we can fit the bacon salad into our calorie limits!

Kayaks!! Love it.

Caramel, very happy to hear it's starting to warm up in your corner of the world. It's been such a long winter for the right side of the continent.

LittleNell, nice work! I've been trying to teach myself conditional formatting in Excel, and just can't get it consistently right. That's a great way to track!

Alf, that's beautiful food!

Beeps, way to go! And I hope you did photobomb them!

Crosbylee, good to hear about your kiddo. It is hard to find time for yourself, isn't it?!?! I've been really happy with the workouts my personal trainer put together for me. I'm in and out of the gym in about 40 minutes, 4x per week. It's very doable for me. I hope you find something that works as well for you!

Hello to all the rest of you Cool Kids, and welcome new folks!

Back to work with me! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,953 Member
    Options
    I should have photobombed....
  • mommylern5
    Options
    gpr7yy37s2xt.jpg
    This is me with 2 of my daughters that like to run with me!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    @mommylern5‌ precious!!

Have to go to bed, more yomorrow! Night night!
  • arkham_ma
    arkham_ma Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 42, been dealing with excess weight all my life.
    Just recommitted to losing the weight in Feb, and have lost 6 lbs. in the past month. Hoping to keep that going.

Need to lose about 45-50 lbs more, so this is just the beginning.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    2 hours 10 minutes upstream on the Chipola River from 10 Mile Creek to Look 'N Tremble Rapids. After drifting for a half hour while I ate lunch, then a side trip up another small creek, 55 minutes back downstream to 10 mile. Other than sunburned knees, a pretty good day.
    10855147_10203693020473255_8193379311211742161_o.jpg