Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Chotzark wrote: »
    I fall off the wagon every three days, periodically, while I train and support people fightingfor weight loss. I love seeing them happy for their results, but it kills me I cannot get the same thing, I just keep falling.
    And I have an eating disorder I can't tell anyone about.

The first step to start recovering from an eating disorder is telling people about it.
    Or so said my therapist, psychiatrist and dietician when I went through it a few years ago.

Sorry you don't feel like you can talk to anybody. :(
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    morenaprp wrote: »
    :'( New to myfitness pal and i have spent the weekend with family and have fallen way off track. I am hispanic and one of my favorite breads is a sweet bread and I ate the whole thing. I am even having a hard time getting back to the gym....
    Try fitting the bread into your daily calorie goals.

There's a little bakery by the park I go to that makes the best pan dulce. I'm picking up one of these babies next time I go because I've really been craving it. jnr4PgV.jpg
    As for logging, I look for something similar in the database with with ounces or grams (powdered sugar cookies or donuts in this case) and log it as that.

I can't decide whether the top items look more phallic or like dead frogs.

I'm going with frogs.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    :'( New to myfitness pal and i have spent the weekend with family and have fallen way off track. I am hispanic and one of my favorite breads is a sweet bread and I ate the whole thing. I am even having a hard time getting back to the gym....

There's a little bakery by the park I go to that makes the best pan dulce. I'm picking up one of these babies next time I go because I've really been craving it. jnr4PgV.jpg
    As for logging, I look for something similar in the database with with ounces or grams (powdered sugar cookies or donuts in this case) and log it as that.

I thought they looked like raw chickens...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I thought they looked like raw chickens...

I can see that, too. What they don't look like, to me, is appetizing! (No judgement)
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I had key lime pie for breakfast yesterday. I don't even like key lime pie.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession - I've been in a relationship with a girl for a year and a half. I feel like I'm so honest about our relationship and I gush about her all of the time, all of my friends and family know but she keeps me hidden because of the fact I'm female. None of her work friends know and she hasn't even told her so called best friend even though she's said she would and we've had countless arguments about it. The only people who know in her life are her 'lesbian friends' that are already out. It's starting to get to me now and I'm beginning to feel like she's ashamed of me. I just want to have a normal relationship...

This is a tough one. A year and a half is a long time to be stressed over hiding a relationship but I really do not feel as though she is ashamed of you but she is not ready for herself to be public yet. I feel for your frustration though. My best friend didn't tell me for years although I already knew and I smiled like I didn't know that she and her other 'best friend' did all these amazing things together were actually a couple. I just waited until she was ready. She was in her 30's when she finally told me and almost 40 when she told her mom. Hang in there...

Yes, this is good advice. I'm sorry you are dealing with this, noaddedsugarx, but I'd try to let her know how important this is to you without turning it into an argument and give it a little more time. I hope this all works out for you both soon.

Thanks to the both of you. The thing is apart from this issue we have an amazing relationship. We do talk about marriage and stuff. She's the first woman I've ever been with and it was hard for me to come out too. I know it's different for everyone but now I feel like I want everyone to know and I wish it was the same way for her too. It's hard too when I see tons of people at my age in happy relationships, a ton of people I know have got engaged. She tells me things about her friends and their partners even if it's that they are having problems or whatever and it just makes me feel like I'm so insignificant in her life that I don't even come up in her conversations.. I dunno I suppose I will just have to hang in there.

I confess that I was away for 3 hours and trying to catch up...

Her not talking about her relationship is about her, not you. It must be very tough though... but she's just not ready to come out. It doesn't mean she's ashamed of you... try not to take it personally, even if it's tough.

I totally saw raw chickens.

My confession - I never realized until this thread that shark week is not just the special week about sharks on TV.
  • Francl27
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ok seriously, am I the only one who always lags out when posting 'post reply' and that ends up posting twice? Only on this thread...
  • mkn69
    mkn69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    TracyeS4 wrote: »
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

I'm guilty of this, too. I tend to avoid the scale for a day or 2 after for fear that I have sabotaged myself. Also, I feel really guilty. My New Years resolution was to with stain from alcohol for 1 month. I failed.

I hear you both. I've never logged alcohol until i found myself eating very reasonably and working out hard and still losing nothing. So i was honest with myself a few times when alcohol was involved (and the snacking with it) and of course, I was basically offsetting the deficit i was creating in its entirety. So these days, i just add 10oz of red wine to my day right off the bat. I find it helps, even if you do go a bit above that. (10oz of wine for me is very optimistic). Sigh.
  • ohheybecca
    Options
    On my first weight loss journey during the summer I ran everyday, twice a day for a month. But...I restricted myself from eating. I lost 24 lbs. When school rolled around again, I slowly began to eat. Then I would basically gorge on food. It was bad. I would eat almost anything and everything. I'd feel so bad about it that I'd throw it up. But the purging didn't do me any good. I'm back at the weight I started at in the summer of last year. Now I'm trying the healthy way. With fitness and nutrition.
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession - I've been in a relationship with a girl for a year and a half. I feel like I'm so honest about our relationship and I gush about her all of the time, all of my friends and family know but she keeps me hidden because of the fact I'm female. None of her work friends know and she hasn't even told her so called best friend even though she's said she would and we've had countless arguments about it. The only people who know in her life are her 'lesbian friends' that are already out. It's starting to get to me now and I'm beginning to feel like she's ashamed of me. I just want to have a normal relationship...

This is a tough one. A year and a half is a long time to be stressed over hiding a relationship but I really do not feel as though she is ashamed of you but she is not ready for herself to be public yet. I feel for your frustration though. My best friend didn't tell me for years although I already knew and I smiled like I didn't know that she and her other 'best friend' did all these amazing things together were actually a couple. I just waited until she was ready. She was in her 30's when she finally told me and almost 40 when she told her mom. Hang in there...

Yes, this is good advice. I'm sorry you are dealing with this, noaddedsugarx, but I'd try to let her know how important this is to you without turning it into an argument and give it a little more time. I hope this all works out for you both soon.

Thanks to the both of you. The thing is apart from this issue we have an amazing relationship. We do talk about marriage and stuff. She's the first woman I've ever been with and it was hard for me to come out too. I know it's different for everyone but now I feel like I want everyone to know and I wish it was the same way for her too. It's hard too when I see tons of people at my age in happy relationships, a ton of people I know have got engaged. She tells me things about her friends and their partners even if it's that they are having problems or whatever and it just makes me feel like I'm so insignificant in her life that I don't even come up in her conversations.. I dunno I suppose I will just have to hang in there.

I confess that I was away for 3 hours and trying to catch up...

Her not talking about her relationship is about her, not you. It must be very tough though... but she's just not ready to come out. It doesn't mean she's ashamed of you... try not to take it personally, even if it's tough.

I totally saw raw chickens.

My confession - I never realized until this thread that shark week is not just the special week about sharks on TV.

I didn't figure out what Shark Week was until today, actually!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok seriously, am I the only one who always lags out when posting 'post reply' and that ends up posting twice? Only on this thread...

Yup. Lol
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Because I can laugh about this now here’s a two for one confession. When I was in the Navy, we stopped in St. Thomas Vi. for a port of call, while at a club some ladies ask me to dance for a girlfriend of theirs that was celebrating her 40 birthday, the reason they asked me was that she had a thing for Sly Stone and Italian men in general.
    So with a little persuasion and a little rum I finally agreed. It took me a little to loosen up and enjoy it but I finally did get into it. I actually made some good tips from other ladies and actually a couple of guys that were at the club.
    A few years later, an old girl friend of mine from H.S. found out about this and asked me to dance at another mutual girlfriend’s bachelorette party. Again, it took some coercion but I finally agreed to it. The party was at a bar and there were other people there. Everything went well, no issues to report. Afterwards, I hung out (no pun intended) with a few other friends and ended up hooking up with a very nice woman in her mid-forties. I thought that I would never see her again not that I didn’t want to, it was just one of those things.
    Here comes the pie in the face. So about a year later, a girl that I had been dating for a while and which we were getting serious, decided to take me to meet her mother (yeah I see the lights going off in your minds, you know what happens next). It was the most awkward moment of my life and I could not wait to get out of there, I was sweating and my stomach was a wreck. Neither her mother nor I could look each other in the eyes.
    She and I continued to date but I was in pure hell not telling her but her mother begged me not to and honestly, I really didn’t want to either but it was pure hell withholding that from her.
    We eventually did not work out and went our separate ways and I have no clue to this day if her mother ever told her the truth or not.

Phew - I let out a sigh of relief for you at the end of that story! Probably felt good to finally let out. Crazy, but highly entertaining - thanks for sharing!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    jessicapk wrote: »
    I feel a little bad now. I don't allow my husband to go out to eat for lunch. I handle the finances because I'm good at it (and he isn't, as evidenced by his savings/credit situation when we met). There's no reason to go spending $10 for lunch when there are always perfectly good leftovers.

I'm a tyrant. LOL

I'm the same way and in the same boat! When you have to cover for someone else's mistakes for so long, you kind of feel you have a right to dictate how they spend their money! If they mess it up, who do they want to make it all better?

My wife & I have been together for over 22 years...and we keep our money separate.

Coincidence? Discuss lol

Same here. Second marriage for both of us so keeping things separate is so much easier. Plus, we are both good with money and there are no secrets. Works just fine for us.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Chotzark wrote: »
    I fall off the wagon every three days, periodically, while I train and support people fightingfor weight loss. I love seeing them happy for their results, but it kills me I cannot get the same thing, I just keep falling.
    And I have an eating disorder I can't tell anyone about.

The first step to start recovering from an eating disorder is telling people about it.
    Or so said my therapist, psychiatrist and dietician when I went through it a few years ago.

Sorry you don't feel like you can talk to anybody. :(

Feel free to talk here. Yes, there are some crazy threads on these boards, but there are a lot of supportive caring people, too.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    ohheybecca wrote: »
    On my first weight loss journey during the summer I ran everyday, twice a day for a month. But...I restricted myself from eating. I lost 24 lbs. When school rolled around again, I slowly began to eat. Then I would basically gorge on food. It was bad. I would eat almost anything and everything. I'd feel so bad about it that I'd throw it up. But the purging didn't do me any good. I'm back at the weight I started at in the summer of last year. Now I'm trying the healthy way. With fitness and nutrition.

That makes me tired just reading it! Sorry you had to go through all of this first, but I'm glad you see now how to do it the right way. It will take time; just be patient and keep your health in mind. Good luck!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I see armless alligator like creatures.
    jnr4PgV.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    They're supposed to be scorpions. :p

pic-du-jour-14-Northgate-pan-dulce.jpg
    I will say, I have never had a good donut from any of these places.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    jnr4PgV.jpg

Headless bearded dragons.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    jnr4PgV.jpg

I hesitate to confess that, due to placement, my thought was a rabbit/human centipede hybrid.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Well they look good...

Confession - I'm a pastry snob now. Only the good stuff is worth the calories at this point... for example, I'll never waste my calories on pastries from Panera or grocery stores (unless it's Wegmans or the local Whole Foods because their stuff is fantastic).