Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »
    Confess: People who do not use turn signals should not be allowed to drive due to their disability.

My husband does this all the time! drives me insane!

• smashley_mashley
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Speaking of social media. I hate it when couples have fights and then rush to Facebook to change their status to "it's complicated"...

Should be a law against airing your dirty laundry on facebook. I hate the attention seekers, you know the ones who put their status as 'can't believe what just happened.....' or 'I'm so sad...' and then have a legion of idiots asking what's wrong. They're attention seeking, that's what's wrong you bellend!

Wow, ^ this needs a like button. :wink:

Indeed.

The ones that really kill me are the posts with "Can't believe that just happened" then someone asks what's wrong and they say they don't want to talk about it.

W. T. F.

But my facebook is pretty much limited to cat videos and political statements.

I'm probably the only person in the world without facebook or twitter or any of those others...well maybe not in the world, I exaggerate.

I quit fb year ago and have no regrets... no more drama. My mom automatically assumed I had "unfriended" her.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I really loath a few of my clients and totally understand why they can't make friends and their teachers hate them.

What do you do?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Wife and I moved to FL about 2 1/2 years ago and people are constantly visiting us. Someone different is here literally every 4-6 weeks. I like them as people and enjoy time spent together, but I dread it because it disrupts the flow of my diet and workout routine. They often have a hard time understanding that unlike them, I'm not on vacation and still have to live my "normal" life. I try to take a day or two off work when we have visitors but I'd run out of PTO real quick if I wasn't careful about it, and then have no time for an actual vacation of my own.

Just reading this post made me cringe, I cannot even begin to think about how terribly annoying that would be......
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.

This is deliciously evil.

I could never do such a thing because I could never buy a donut, much less a dozen--way too embarrassing.

I have a co-worker who's a runner and used be a ballerina. When she's irritating me I buy Chicken in a Biscuit crackers (I'm not tempted) and Peanut Butter M&Ms (tempting, but if I eat them there are less for her) on the front desk. She complains as she inhales them and I don't feel one bit guilty.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)

I just go...did you just call me honey? I literally did this the other day on a conference call. A guy called the women on the call girls and I stopped the call and called him out. I do this when people flush the toilet on calls too.

I find it worse when I'm the only female in the room, which is not unusual in my industry, and someone uses something like 'boys', I call them out every time.

I confess that my Chicago upbringing has instilled a bad habit of saying "you guys" all the time. It's like our "y'all", and it doesn't even occur to me that it's technically gender specific unless someone points it out. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm saying it.

I am Canadian, and have always said ya'll, I get picked on a lot for it

I am also Canadian and get picked on for saying "You's guys". I think it is a rural thing...maybe a Saskatchewan thing? After all, I did not know that "Bunnyhugs" were a Saskatchewan thing until this thread. Star whoosh - the more you know!

That's weird, I was going to add to my post that most Canadians I know use the term "yous" instead of ya'll.....I am in Ontario......
  • Nectere
    Nectere Posts: 24
    Options
    I know it's more accurate and healthier, but I refuse to buy a food scale, because I am terrified it'll backslide me into eating-disorder behavior again, but every time I pass them at the store, I stop and think about it, and wonder "would it really be that bad" if I still lose the 109 lbs I need to?
  • aksteve777
    aksteve777 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    went to a training for work for a week in California but never went to the class...
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I feel like my sisters judge the fact that I do pole fitness, and it annoys me. They have both told me that I can't buy a pole and put it in the house, but one day in the near future (once a sale comes around) I am going to put a pole up and they're just going to have to deal with it.

I wish I had the courage to do this (I even looked into a local class) but I have a fear of falling--sit-ups on a Yoga ball scares me unless I have a stand behind it just in case I roll back too far. Good for you!

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am a terrible putter-to-bedder. The big kid gets 2 stories and some poems, cuddle time, and extra milk when I'm in charge. The little one should be fed a bottle and put down while drowsy but not sleeping, with minimal interaction so she learns how to fall asleep on her own...and I'm over here like, "*kitten* every bit of that noise." Bottle's been done for 20 minutes, she's sleeping like a log in my arms, and her fingers are still clutching my beard from when I was leaned in close to sing her lullabies. I keep telling my wife I have no idea why it's so hard to get her to sleep, but in truth, it's because I refuse to follow the protocol.

Fist bump.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My confessions for today...

Two weeks ago hubby bought my a bag of Lindor truffles for our anniversary, today I ate the whole bag...

As for kids and bedtimes, my 4 year old still sleeps with hubby and I.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    I don't like to respond to threads that already have a lot of posts because I have to read all of the other responses before responding. I'm glad I started reading this one on Day 1.
    I am the same way.... I feel like I am interrupting something special...
  • carlyrasmusson
    carlyrasmusson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I almost gave myself an eating disorder because of the Lose It app without knowing. It had me eating 800 calories max for about three months (I'm a five foot tall girl, but still ). My hair started falling out a little and my nails and skin got rough. Finally I actually looked up how many calories I needed and every site said like a minimum of 1100 even when losing weight. I deleted the app and never looked back. So please don't use Lose It.
  • ardiamckenzie
    ardiamckenzie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I once missed an evening meal to have a waitrose banana and toffee cupcake (with frosting) I stayed within my goals but it was so not worth the 5 mins of yum as I was Marvin for the rest of the night. Lesson learned B)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I managed to avoid eating a whole box of cookies by a count of five. ergh
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Confession: The guys from Supernatural are going to be in my state, about 6 hours away from me this weekend and I really really want to drive over to see them. Sometimes, younger girls try to make me feel weird for liking those guys, but then I have to say - hey, those guys are MY age!

Go see them!! Jensen Ackles is seriously hot ;) although I can't see him cry now without thinking of "A Single Man Tear". I'd post some gorgeous GIFs of him to encourage you...if I wasn't a tech-idiot and knew how.

Confession, though: I'd be more stoked if the Impala was going to be six hours away from me, and yes, I'd drive over to see it. God, I love that car. LOL.

I think I might do it. had to watch that episode like 4 times. It was so hilarious. My fiance thought I was nuts. They are all nice looking, but I have a thing for Misha. He is so adorable.
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I have been reading this thread since the beginning and have enjoyed reading it. I've felt guilty not contributing. I usually don't comment much. I don't feel like anyone cares about what I have to say. :) Low self esteem sometimes.

I can relate to a lot of different things in this thread. That makes me feel better.

I'm glad to see other people like black jelly beans as much as I do.

I bought cookie butter because of this thread. It was pretty tasty!

I have to confess that I have about 8 lbs (that is not an exaggeration) of candy at my house. Thankfully I have been good about moderation so all the candy I buy or receive is piling up. I have been losing weight slowly but I do have candy every day.

The sad thing is, I've been using My Fitness Pal since around 2011-2012. I lost about 30 lbs and then gained about 10 back when I lost the job I had at that time (stress). If I had stayed serious about logging, I would have been at my goal weight by now. Oh well, at least I'm losing again.

Thanks for "listening."

Love that you've lost weight and est candy every day! :smiley:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I have eaten SO MUCH candy today, and I need to curl up and sleep off my carb coma.

• shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm the only one out of my group of friends who's really stuck to the diet/exercising plan we all agreed on 2 months ago, and now they're higher than their SW and I'm -30 lbs. And I feel a little happy about it, in a very twisted way.

If it's any consolation, I started higher than they did, but now I'm a little less than my highest-weight friend.
  • sevenofnine01
    sevenofnine01 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    As much as I care about losing weight to be healthy...

I confess more than anything I want to be hot again.

Messed.