Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - May Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Morning friends! I am just finishing up some oatmeal before heading for a 2.5 hour bike ride! It is kind of cold outside so I better prepare. On the agenda for today is, bike ride, shopping, dinner and a movie date with a friend, very mellow! This is a good thing. I plan to only have 1 or 2 drinks tonight. Tomorrow will be the tough one since I am going to see some old friends who are pretty serious party peeps. I know I can be good and I know I can stick to it. I know the bike ride will give me a lot of extra cals for the day! Yay!! Ill come tell you all about it later if I have time.
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Updating from Friday posts:

Allie – great job not weighing yourself.. each step along the way is an accomplishment. I’m sorry to hear you got sick, that will really ruin a good run, especially your fastest timing! But HEY!, you got a 5k from that, so something good still came from in!

Natalie – Awesome job getting into the 150s! I’m a really slow loser, to any pound that stays off is a huge accomplishment for me lol.

Kandace – oh no! you got the swirlys too? Congrats on the 3 lbs! I hate when I have to watch myself working out, it makes me so self-conscious and less focused on what I am doing and more focused on how I look doing it, and how I don’t look like, or look better than, other people. I can’t help but compare myself I know it’s bad too. It’s just a habit.

Megan – you can do 8 pull-ups?! So jealous! I can’t even do 1.. make that, I can’t even do ½ a one. It’s always been a dream to be able to do a pull up lol. And FANTASTIC job on the 40 loss! That is such an accomplishment. You should post some before and after pics or at least after you lost those extra 3 this month

Tara! Hooray for 3 days of no scale! I know you but feel worried that you’re not checking it, but I’m sure it’s also alleviating to know that you are not going to look, and the next time you are, you ARE going to see some numbers drop!

Jennelle – I hope you got your grant! :fingers crossed:!!!

Aly - way to go on making your lunch and drink a healthy one! After all we are all here to make life changes, not just a short-term diet. And you showed us exactly what that means. Have a great bike ride! I need to get into bike riding. The last time I rode a bike was a least over a year ago, and it was a short ride but my knees were killing me. I can run, but for some reason my knees hate that short motion (cycling classes are rough for me too). I’m hoping that doing strength training will maybe fix my knee problem. Sorry I talked about me in your comment. Haha. HAVE A GREAT RIDE!

McBody – OMG! Are you ok?! So that’s the not the same as a heart-arrythmia? My boyfriend has a heart condition where his heart will just randomly race really hard for anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.. he’s FINALLY back on beta-blockers. Is there anything the docs can do for you?

Heather – HI! Welcome!

AFM: I was supposed to be on this really long 5 hour hiking trail cleanup but we were expecting a ton on thunderstorms so it was cancelled. I'm about to head out to my floor aerobic class and then seriously hitting the books. I need to get some reading done and work on some PPTs for projects, and maybe start a paper if i'm feeling lucky. So my boyfriend is staying with me on Monday for about 2 weeks (when my quarter ends) and well I'll still have work and school so he knows I still have stuff to do. But I'm worried he might affect my life too much.

I hardly ever drink, but when he's around we both like to splurge and have fun. So if he's here for 2 weeks, I have to make sure to entertain him, and yet keep staying healthy. We are trying to find him a job so he can move out here with me, but no luck yet. So he has nothing to do while I'm doing my thing. I'm going to feel bad going to the gym to strength train because he can't come because he's not a student. We could do outdoor cardio stuff together, but I'm going to feel bad going to the gym without him and he's stuck here without me. I'm going to ask if they have like a short-term membership or something, I would love for him to go to the gym WITH ME! But it will be awesome to come home to dinner instead of what I make because I'm too tired to cook at 9 when I get home. He eats healthy like me, well at least we have a similar diet (cooking is one of the things we love to do together, and one of the reasons I love him) lol. OK WOW I wrote a butt ton! Time for me to get ready for my class!

Have a lovely Saturday everyone!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone and happy Saturday!

My last few days have been absolutely INSANE but I have stayed very healthy and got crazy amounts of incidental exercise working on my week. Overall I feel great about it! But I've missed so many of your posts and really don't have a whole ton of time to catch up right now, unfortunately :ohwell: Here goes...

Leela - Most gyms will offer short term passes to visiting friends either for free or at a nominal fee. I know that I've used Goodlife and other similar gyms while I was visiting friends in the past. Something you have to pay a few dollars, but it's worth it to get a good workout and to be able to enjoy being active together. My advice, however, is to do your best to find alternative workouts outdoors. The weather is amazing and fitness should be fun - so play some sports together, go hiking, rent bicycles if you don't have them, find a bootcamp workout you can do in the park and challenge each other for some friendly competition. Or if you really just want to workout - do a body weight training circuit and try to best each other's time getting through it, with proper form of course :wink: There are endless activities you could do together to get a really good workout and spend quality time together. I know that it means straying from your set fitness schedule but being flexible is all a part of the journey. I had a really hard time missing workouts/runs because of life stuff while I was in major training mode, but since I injured my foot I've become a lot more mellow about it and it's really helped me feel better about where I'm at with my health and fitness. So long as we're doing the best we can with what we've got, we should be having fun and happy with our progress. So just do what you want with your boy! And enjoy the visit :bigsmile:

Aly - Good luck with your partying this weekend. Your best course of action is not to view it as deprivation. You can have all sorts of fun w/o alcohol and you're still going to have a blast with your old friends, so just try to work on changing your perspective on it. Just like fitness, it's all about what's in your head :happy: You can totally do it! :drinker:

McBody - My goodness! I am so sorry to hear that you went through all that, especially with your 3 y/o. Definitely an important lesson to be learned in listening to your body... thanks for sharing such a personal experience with us. Rest up - I hope you're back to feeling 100% soon! :flowerforyou:

Heather - Welcome!! :flowerforyou: Of course you can join. May I ask what the fried food goal is about and why you chose it specifically? Just curious :wink: I'm always interested when people decide to nix certain things entirely from their diets instead of working on learning moderation. I've have a helluva time with learning balance and moderation myself - I'm an "all or nothing" kind of gal - and have a tendency to eliminate foods entirely from my diet writ large, often without a stellar reason other than "because it makes me uncomfortable to eat those things now" which is not a very healthy food attitude to have, IMO. So, just wondering! Having to learn moderation at your GW is a b*tch, so if you can learn as you god and keep a positive food attitude along the way, you're so much better off :smile:

Tara - Good job sticking to your goals and plan. Congrats girlie :happy:

AFM - Holy hell that was a long 2 days at work... 16 hours on my feet yesterday, in steel-toed shoes, moving a huge-*kitten* gate all day long so that bands and staff could get in and out of the massive bar we were staffing. The capacity of our venue was 2200 but we were also staffing 3 other bars on the street, so it was an absolutely huge event. We had multiple live bands playing simultaneously in the same "bar" because it was so massive. I've honestly never been so sore in my life, except perhaps the day after my 10 mile race. I managed to bring all my food and despite constant offers of free food and drink, the only thing I took from them was water and lots of it! The best part was that I felt absolutely no interest in eating all the BBQ and bar food they had available. It all looked really delicious but I didn't feel deprived. I was more thank satisfied with my veggies, grilled chicken, fruit and protein brownies. Healthy, fresh and delicious. The boy is taking me out for dinner tonight and I definitely earned it. I was so healthy, under the worst of circumstances. Really felt good :bigsmile:

May hit up the gym tomorrow if my body's feeling good. We're apparently about to get absolutely swamped with rain for 5 days straight (despite the fact that this Mar/Apr were the wettest in decades!) so running could be difficult. I don't so much mind running in the rain, but well have to see. Could just be a pain!

Hope you ladies have a great Sat. I'll be checking in again tomorrow - But today I am vegging out and doing a whole lot of NOTHING. Catch up soon! :heart:
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Leela-thanks...it is hard for me not to "check-up" on myself with the scale...but I just have to do what i KNOW works and I am sure to kill it on the first!! This lil "fast" that I am doing is helping me to not think about it for now...but when I go back to normal eating again tomorrow we shall see how I do!! My bf stays with me every other week for 3-4 days and it def does put a lil challenge on things...but it is worth it!! and if you are serious about him moving by you in the future...this is just great practice!! It helps that he eats healthy and hopefully is supportive (I know mine is) and you never know...he may actually help you stay on track more than hinder it (in all aspects of your life)!:happy:

Meag-congrats on making it through your shifts!!! and fantastic job on resisting temptation...I guess there comes a time in this journey when what used to be tempting is just like a cig is to a non-smoker...a nuisance!! Enjoy your night with Ty!:wink:

AFM-day 2/3 on fast and doing fairly well still...there has been a few times today where I am just like "effe it, I am gonna eat!" but so far so good, I have stuck with exactly what was planned for myself! This was/is a true test of my willpower and dedication to this lifestyle change....as I have said, I know it's not the most "healthy" way of dieting...but I am NOT doing this for a huge loss...but more for proof to myself that I can do anything! I got in another great workout today (BL cardio max, and my ab workout) and am feeling pretty good about things as of now! we are almost half-way done with May already ladies...stay focused and keep kickin *kitten*!! :drinker: :heart:
  • heather_miller
    heather_miller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    meag- hi! i decided to nix fried food just for the rest of this month because if i don't set all or nothing goals for myself i fail miserably because i make excuses and reason it away. does that make sense? i'm not the greatest at explaining myself. ;)

to everyone else - what does "afm" mean? :)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    AFM=as for me, WI=weigh-in, WO=workout, and QOTD=question of the day!! those are the main one's we use:)
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    NSV- in spite of the fact that I am taking a break from exercising due to heart conditions... it's giving me the perfect reason to get back into yoga (which was one of my May goals). So tonight, after I cleaned the house (finally had energy to walk around), I relaxed and loosened up with some yoga. Baby steps.
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    @Leela- I will most likely be on beta-blockers starting Monday and may have to have an ablation (where they burn the extra electrical current that is making my heart spazz). It's something I've been dealing with for 15 years and it's progressively gotten worse as I get older- it took them so long to diagnose because they a.) never checked my heart as a cause of my fainting spells and b.) when they did check my heart, they never caught it during an episode.

It's pretty amazing that having a crazy heart episode rocked my body harder than any cross-fit workout (or any workout for that matter) that I've ever done. I literally wasn't able to walk all day yesterday because every muscle in my body ached, my head was spinning, and I would get short on breath from sitting up in bed. Luckily I have an awesome husband and child to take care of me.

Lesson to everyone else- seriously listen to your body- don't make excuses for the irregularities.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    McBody~ I would really like to start yoga but I feel like I have soo many other things going on that it will be just another thing to drive me crazy. Do you think as a beginer I could use DvDs or will that be confusing cuz I dont know the moves?

AFM... I dont really know what is going on with me. I am doing great with my food and my exercising but I cant fix my thoughts. I dont like some of the things that are happening with me. I am gettting off one of my meds but its too early in the process to casue any mental differences. I am sooo happy and motivated one day then other days I just cant seem to want to continue with anything. I am going to call my counselor monday morning to see if he can get me in for an emergency meeting. I have been doing pretty well with not overwhelming myself, I thought. I just cant seem to sort my thoughts out when they get bad. IDK.

Gotta fit in gym and grocery shopping before a BBQ this afternoon.

I hope you all have a great sunday.
  • Leela30
    Options
    McBody - Wow that is so scary! I'm really glad the finally decided to look at your heart and will not have you on the right medication that will help. And I really like the new profile pic!

Kandace: I hope you had a great BBQ! It may seem too soon, but it could be the medication. Those things are strong and serious stuff, any fluctuation could have big effects. It's great though that you realize that you should not be having these thoughts and that they are negative to you and are doing the right thing by calling your counselor. I'm a moody person so I kind of understand how you are feeling one minute I'm up the next I'm down.. and then the down usually stays 5x longer than the up. I think you are doing a great job taking care of yourself, seeing a counselor, exercising, eating right, taking medication, I think you are doing everything in your power to get better. I hope things do turn around for you. Do you keep a journal at all when you get down and then try and figure out what is causing you to feel that way?

Heather: It took me a while to figure out all the acronyms. Also, NSV = non scale victory ( I had to do a forum search to figure that one out lol)

Tara – enjoy time with the boyfriend!!!!

Meag: Wow! I don’t know if I could have past up that much temptation, I’m pretty sure I couldn’t! Great job sticking to what you brought to eat! Even as tired and exhausted as you were you managed to have a great meal or 2 with all that free bar food. That is really impressive! Not that I don’t think you can do it, but I’m sure many of us could not. I hope you enjoyed your sat night veg party!

AFM: So my school gym does offer a 2week pass (for $30) which would be perfect! I was really excited to here that because he would be here for 2 weeks and that way we could do some weight training together. I never have a spotter at the gym because I go by myself. HOWEVER, I asked him last night about what he though about it, and he said he’d rather not. I told him we could split the cost 15/15 (because I’m living off of loans to survive) and he said he doesn’t want to pay for it and that it’s fine if I still go to the gym and leave him back at the apartment.:indifferent: He likes playing outside but I would not call him athletic. He doesn’t really care how he looks though he knows he’s at an unhealthy weight. I started my 12wk training program and I’m only like 1-2 weeks in. I don’t want to have to stop for 2 weeks because he is here. Then I’d just have to start over. And I feel bad that I still have work 3 days a week, school 3 days a week, final projects/papers I still have to do and spend about 6 hrs a week at the gym. That’s pretty much my entire week, I want to spend time with him and the gym is the only thing I don’t HAVE to do. Unless I just entirely pay for him, but then I still don’t know if he’d agree to do it. Seems like I’m in a lose/lose situation. :frown:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Leela- We can't force our significant others to do what we do. I have learned this being with a not very athletic computer guy for 5 years LOL. But he does care to a certain extent and after a while he started going with me and he does his own thing. I have come to terms with the fact that I love having my alone time when I workout. It is just a different part of my life that doesn't involve my fiance, and I am fine with it. You don't love him because he works out, you love the things that you did together the whole time. So try to remember that its ok, and maybe work it into your routine differently. Maybe get up really early to do your workout so you can have time with him in the evening. This is all a balancing game, its called life haha.

MCBody- I love yoga and would love to get back into it. I am sorry about the scare but at least it is bringing you back to yoga.

AFM- I just got back from the gym, did 30 minutes of run/walk then 40 minutes of weight training. I feel so good that I had a productive yet fun weekend. I did go out to dinner with some girls last night but I feel that I was good and in control. I only had 3 drinks through the course of the night. Score! Lets see how I do today with the other group of friends. Well gotta run lots to do today. Checking out the winery for a possible wedding venue then a little dinner party.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I know it's already middle of May, but I would love to join your group! I just recently stumbled upon it and you all seem like an amazing and hardworking group of people. I am excited to have a chance to be a part of it!

I've updated the list with me at the bottom.

Leela30: comment more on this month's challenge; eat at least 80g of protein a day
    Believeinmagic: To lose 13 pounds; eat more vegetables and do more strength training
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 133lbs; to run my 10k course at least 1x, Run my 4m run at 9:30
    Allie7383:get out of the 150's finally, continue with the 30 Day Shred, work on increasing my running distance, and overall feeling good about myself!
    SpaceCoconaut: To lose 2-3 lbs a week and stick to my experiment.
    Shannonaufman: lose 4 pounds to hit 169. Drink 64+ ounces of water 25/30 days. Finish C25K. Start One Hour Runner. Stick with 30DS.
    ~KanCrav~ Reach 143, Jog at least 3 times outside,follow WO schedule, incorporate Low GI foods into my diet.
    rai8759: GW 160.4, One day off per week (tracking food), WI on Friday, JM should kick my *kitten* 5-6 days a week, Cardio 3-5 days a week x 20-30 min., Tracking every day except day off, Eat less processed sugar
    wardiemelissa (Melissa)-continue to maintain weight between 120-125 lbs; exercise routine 5 days running, 2 days strength, 1 day rest (long run 10+miles on Sundays), continue to test out new recipes (including new fruits and veggies), and making more time for my family, AND try to post at least ONCE a day!!!
    pixycats: lose 5 pounds, continue C210K at least 3/week, stay under calorie goal 6/week, rest one day/week
    finncmh- not focus on the scale loss! keep working on running plan that I came up with for the 5k in June. Start the push-up and squat 6 week challenge
    lostalykat- To get back to 169 by June 1st. Work on headache prevention and be mindful of what I am doing and eating. Focus on my new training plan and enjoy life. Stress less, yoga more!
    WannabRN10- get out of the 160's!!! Work out at least 3 days a week (piloxing class, hot yoga class, and weights class). Eat Dairy Queen only twice (it is my fav!). Stay in a positive mind set and not get over-stressed with school.
    alwhisler-Increase my run to 45 minutes non-stop, get down to that lower pant size instead of being in-between :)
    sarahmay25- Complete an ab circuit every day of the week except rest day, and decrease my finish time of a mile by the end of every week.
    mkingraham (Megan)- get down to 208, strength train at least 2 times a week, run 3 times a week
    eleanoreb (Eleanore or El) - improve 10k run time, stay in bottom part of weight range, face food head on and not give in to temptations (rather than just avoid)
    MamaMango: Lose 7 pounds,keep my portions under control, do HIIT 3 times a week,strength train moderate-heavy 5 times a week,do some form of low to moderate cardio every other day,eat more fresh greens and less starch and grains! :)
    jyopchick: get back to 130lbs, only allowed one day to go over cals (and within reason), and MORE WATER!!
    crystalfaith: continue to workout at least 4 times a week, drink tons of water, finish the C25k program, and break into the 140s
    LisaRid - lose 10 lbs, drink 8 glasses of water each day, exercise 4x per week, and curb my dessert eating. May is the month!!! :)
    emmarie- do the best I can!
    shelsab-keep up my 10k running schedule, lose 5lbs, strength training 2x week, 3 yoga classes.
    k_ewilliams - log in everyday and keep out of the red, lose at least 5 pounds, run 3x a week
    spellbinder25: (1) Lose 4lbs to reach 133.5, (2) Do 30 Day Shred 5 times/week, (3) Count calories everyday, (4) Update on this thread at least twice a week.
    meagalayne - get back into my maintenance range and stay there, log food no more than 5 days/week, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge, make it to 4 spin classes, increase H2O consumption, and find ways make each day great!
    nausicaa11-lose 6 pounds and try to reach the 8km/h mark on the treadmill.
    McBody- actually rest on rest days; incorporate yoga; get back on a running schedule for race
    carro585-workout 4x/week, average less than 200 beverage cal./day, don't fall too far off the wagon while on vacation
    yvalcaraz-(Yolanda)- Run for 3 miles w/o stopping, lose 8lbs, 1000 sit-ups 3x wk, post at least once a week to the group
    tjradd73(Tara)- to lose -5.4lbs to put me at 100lbs lost total, 8 cups H20/day, 3 days of my strength plan, 3 days of cardio, no more than 4 days over on my cals, and >20 under on my sodium.
    stuartme123- finishing and passing my thesis, and cooking dinner more often
    maddyguru - Build up endurace at the the gym and go at least 4-5x a wk, lose at least 5-6 lbs
    Adrianamdelacruz(Adriana) - lose 5lbs., workout atleast 30mins.3 x/day and drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day
    aoifebr - run 5k be under 85kg
    noobiegotbass- lose 12 lbs, drink at least 5 glasses of water daily, walk 3x/wk, begin my first round of p90x, increase protein intake
    dodier01 - Start 30DS, loose 8lbs by the end of the month, Complete Week 4 and start week 5 of C25K and drink lots of water!
    kafoteh(Kristin)-Input ALL my meals/foods...even the bad ones. Lose 2-5 lbs. Exercise at least 3x/week
    heather_miller - spend more time on mfp and less time web surfing. no fried food, no exceptions. lose 4 pounds.
    justbreathe418 (Jess) - drink 8 cups of water daily, strength train 2 times a week, increase potassium intake and lower sodium intake, make 1 new healthy recipe a week

I look forward to getting to now all of you!

<3 Jess
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey everyone, i have been slacking big time since easter break when i went to new york. i would like to get back on track and can really use some support.
    My goals for the rest of may are to work out atleast 5x a week (which is doable since i usually do 6x).
    tomorrow starts my second week of bootcamp and I need to stop sleeping in and wasting money (Its quite pricey).

looking forward to getting to know all of you :)
  • heather_miller
    heather_miller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info on the acronyms guys!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    UPDATED list with Nola

Leela30: comment more on this month's challenge; eat at least 80g of protein a day
    Believeinmagic: To lose 13 pounds; eat more vegetables and do more strength training
    Meggonkgonk: To reach 133lbs; to run my 10k course at least 1x, Run my 4m run at 9:30
    Allie7383:get out of the 150's finally, continue with the 30 Day Shred, work on increasing my running distance, and overall feeling good about myself!
    SpaceCoconaut: To lose 2-3 lbs a week and stick to my experiment.
    Shannonaufman: lose 4 pounds to hit 169. Drink 64+ ounces of water 25/30 days. Finish C25K. Start One Hour Runner. Stick with 30DS.
    ~KanCrav~ Reach 143, Jog at least 3 times outside,follow WO schedule, incorporate Low GI foods into my diet.
    rai8759: GW 160.4, One day off per week (tracking food), WI on Friday, JM should kick my *kitten* 5-6 days a week, Cardio 3-5 days a week x 20-30 min., Tracking every day except day off, Eat less processed sugar
    wardiemelissa (Melissa)-continue to maintain weight between 120-125 lbs; exercise routine 5 days running, 2 days strength, 1 day rest (long run 10+miles on Sundays), continue to test out new recipes (including new fruits and veggies), and making more time for my family, AND try to post at least ONCE a day!!!
    pixycats: lose 5 pounds, continue C210K at least 3/week, stay under calorie goal 6/week, rest one day/week
    finncmh- not focus on the scale loss! keep working on running plan that I came up with for the 5k in June. Start the push-up and squat 6 week challenge
    lostalykat- To get back to 169 by June 1st. Work on headache prevention and be mindful of what I am doing and eating. Focus on my new training plan and enjoy life. Stress less, yoga more!
    WannabRN10- get out of the 160's!!! Work out at least 3 days a week (piloxing class, hot yoga class, and weights class). Eat Dairy Queen only twice (it is my fav!). Stay in a positive mind set and not get over-stressed with school.
    alwhisler-Increase my run to 45 minutes non-stop, get down to that lower pant size instead of being in-between :)
    sarahmay25- Complete an ab circuit every day of the week except rest day, and decrease my finish time of a mile by the end of every week.
    mkingraham (Megan)- get down to 208, strength train at least 2 times a week, run 3 times a week
    eleanoreb (Eleanore or El) - improve 10k run time, stay in bottom part of weight range, face food head on and not give in to temptations (rather than just avoid)
    MamaMango: Lose 7 pounds,keep my portions under control, do HIIT 3 times a week,strength train moderate-heavy 5 times a week,do some form of low to moderate cardio every other day,eat more fresh greens and less starch and grains! :)
    jyopchick: get back to 130lbs, only allowed one day to go over cals (and within reason), and MORE WATER!!
    crystalfaith: continue to workout at least 4 times a week, drink tons of water, finish the C25k program, and break into the 140s
    LisaRid - lose 10 lbs, drink 8 glasses of water each day, exercise 4x per week, and curb my dessert eating. May is the month!!! :)
    emmarie- do the best I can!
    shelsab-keep up my 10k running schedule, lose 5lbs, strength training 2x week, 3 yoga classes.
    k_ewilliams - log in everyday and keep out of the red, lose at least 5 pounds, run 3x a week
    spellbinder25: (1) Lose 4lbs to reach 133.5, (2) Do 30 Day Shred 5 times/week, (3) Count calories everyday, (4) Update on this thread at least twice a week.
    meagalayne - get back into my maintenance range and stay there, log food no more than 5 days/week, complete weeks 2 and 3 of the push-up challenge, make it to 4 spin classes, increase H2O consumption, and find ways make each day great!
    nausicaa11-lose 6 pounds and try to reach the 8km/h mark on the treadmill.
    McBody- actually rest on rest days; incorporate yoga; get back on a running schedule for race
    carro585-workout 4x/week, average less than 200 beverage cal./day, don't fall too far off the wagon while on vacation
    yvalcaraz-(Yolanda)- Run for 3 miles w/o stopping, lose 8lbs, 1000 sit-ups 3x wk, post at least once a week to the group
    tjradd73(Tara)- to lose -5.4lbs to put me at 100lbs lost total, 8 cups H20/day, 3 days of my strength plan, 3 days of cardio, no more than 4 days over on my cals, and >20 under on my sodium.
    stuartme123- finishing and passing my thesis, and cooking dinner more often
    maddyguru - Build up endurace at the the gym and go at least 4-5x a wk, lose at least 5-6 lbs
    Adrianamdelacruz(Adriana) - lose 5lbs., workout atleast 30mins.3 x/day and drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day
    aoifebr - run 5k be under 85kg
    noobiegotbass- lose 12 lbs, drink at least 5 glasses of water daily, walk 3x/wk, begin my first round of p90x, increase protein intake
    dodier01 - Start 30DS, loose 8lbs by the end of the month, Complete Week 4 and start week 5 of C25K and drink lots of water!
    kafoteh(Kristin)-Input ALL my meals/foods...even the bad ones. Lose 2-5 lbs. Exercise at least 3x/week
    heather_miller - spend more time on mfp and less time web surfing. no fried food, no exceptions. lose 4 pounds.
    justbreathe418 (Jess) - drink 8 cups of water daily, strength train 2 times a week, increase potassium intake and lower sodium intake, make 1 new healthy recipe a week
    nolachick-work out atleast 5x a week (which is doable since i usually do 6x). tomorrow starts my second week of bootcamp and I need to stop sleeping in and wasting money (Its quite pricey).
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Mcbody-glad to hear that your are continuely improving and that they are trying to get your meds figured out ASAP!! yoga may not be running...but it is a great workout in a whole other way so way to get it done! My continued best wishes to you :flowerforyou:

Kandace-yoga on DVDs is a perfect way to learn the moves for a beginner!! I recommend Denise Austin's yoga burn, or Bob Harpers BL yoga!! I hope you have fun at your BBQ and aren't stressing during it!! enjoy! :happy:

Leela-my .02 cents...do not pay for him...if he wasn't motivated enough to go with you or wouldn't go with you for support...then he most likely will not go even if you do pay for him!! I would stick with what you have been doing...even if it means taking time away from him! maybe you could just change WHEN you do it (early morning, in between classes) to help with not taking more time away from "you and him" time? I am sure all will work out in the end...but do not change YOU!! :tongue:

Aly-good job yesterday and at the gym today....have fun tonight!!

Jess and Nola-welcome to the group!! and you guys have some great goals for the rest of May!! Can't wait to see how you do!

Heather-no prob:smile:

AFM-got in 31min Yoga Booty Ballet, and 12 min of my tricep routine....still haven't weighed myself, and dreading the potluck tomorrow at work!! Speakin of...gotta go get ready!!
  • Leela30
    Options
    Nola & Jess: WELCOME!!!!

Tara: 12 min of pure triceps! Wow! I think my arms would fall off after 5 lol. Potlucks are impossible to track, but do your best and try and scope out what's the best food options there. You can always just eat whatever you brought!

AFM: sorry I'm taking over with my BF situation. The gym doesn't open early enough for me to go before work and I usually go between work & class when I can. He had no idea how much time I spent at the gym. Earlier today he said "we'll you won't have to go as much because I'll be there".. My response.. "what does that have to do with anything" .. Him: "because you won't be alone and have to fill up your time doing stuff" He just has no idea. He's never really strength trained or went to the gym. It'd be diff if he lived here then I wouldn't care, but as it is, I only see him about every 2 months. But hopefully with the summer almost here I can see him more. :SIGH: I have to pick him up tomorrow So I made sure to get in my workout today. Thank you all for all the help :heart: I promise I won't take over the thread for a long time. I'll let you all know how it all turns out! I really need to work on this stupid paper.

oh, I had a really good QOTD before but I completely forgot it.. DOH! lol
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    thanks for adding me in the goal list girls :)

so i was really kicking butt in the months of March and April...however.... i have been slacking big time and i'm finding it extremely hard to get in the swing of things again and with my bootcamp scheduled for 5:30 am its sooo hard to get up even tho i had been doing it well for sometime.

my eating has also been horrible. all i crave is junk food and fast food. sorry to vent i just dont know what the hell is wrong with me. everytime i make some progress i mess up again. how do u get over these hurdles?
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ~NolaChick... I have a hard time around my TOM with craving junk food. The only thing that really helps me is logging something even if I cheated with it. Then at least I can see how it affected my calories and other goals. Then I have to remind myself that just because I cheated once or twice does not mean that the whole month is ruined and that is not an excuss to give up and cheat more!~!~! Every meal is a new chance to eat healthier, so theres no real reason to stress too much. I have noticed that since I have been learning healthier ways to eat my taste has changed. Now I crave healthy things!~!~! Of course I could still walk over fire to get to a piece of chocolate cake once a month, but we all have our down falls!~!~!~! The only thing you can do it stick with it. Your not on a wagon your on a journey. You cant fall off, just keep going! (I totally just thought of that wagon thing, and reading it back sounded really good..lol. I should write that down!~!)

~Leela... Dont feel like you are taking over the thread with your BF. We all pretty much take turns with the big issues going on. Seriously, how long have we been talking about me being crazy?? lol. I felt like I was wasting "thread space" in the begining too. But everyone assured me that the reason I was here was to talk about the things that can cause my healthy lifestyle get thrown off track!~! And thats why everyone else is here. We all help each other. Its like free therapy!~!

I hope you have a great time with your BF. Once he goes to the gym with you he will see how much you enjoy it and how much it is a part of your life and not just an activity to keep you busy. Its just one more thing he gets to learn about you!~!~!

~Tara.... do you have this potluck monthly???? I feel like we have talked about this before. I was typing something and got overwhelmed with dejavu. Potluck day can be your FrEe meal day!

AFM... I was going to go to Body BLast again this morning but I decided not too. I want to stay and clean my house. I got 30 Day Shread and I am going to start that today. I am trying not to feel guilty for not going to my class. I really need to exercise being nice to myself, small steps til I get used to it. I fell asleep at 1900 last night cuz i was just completely exhausted. So I deserve a morning or cleaning in my PJs with my Ipod. I think I am even going to put on my guily pleasure old school pop playlist. :blushing: :heart: :heart: Backstreet Boys :heart: :heart: Brittney Jessica Simpson 98 degrees Jesse McCartney........ my neighbors are going to hate me. Oh well!~!~!

Have a great Monday everyone!~!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Leela-thanks girl!! My tricep exercise is more of a "underarm" tightener than anything...they say the best way to help tighten your underarms is to combine triceps, back, and biceps altogethor!! My WO consists of: tricep kickbacks, lateral raise with tricep extensions, bicep curls, weighted arm circles, and side raises...3 sets of 16...3 days/wk! gotta love it!! As for the potluck...so far on the menu: hot dogs, baked beans, meat and cheese platter, sliced watermelon, burritos, cake, and cupcakes! damn! LOL better keep a really close eye on things!

Nola-sorry to hear about your hurdles...we all go through them, but its mostly a mindset thing that only you can figure out...I personally just did a "mini" fast challenge for 3 days(which NO ONE on this thread agreed with) to show myself that I can stick to whatever I put my mind too and to show myself that my normal cal intake isn't that bad! you just have to take it one day at a time and set small challenges/goals for yourself to accomplish...the more that you accomplish the more motivated you will feel! good luck girl!

Kandace-LOL i wouldn't say that it is every month...but pretty damn close!! I vowed not to take a cheat day for the rest of the month just to be sure that the scale is friendly to me when I WI on the first...I am def gonna partake, but I am just gonna do it carefully :) Have "fun" cleaning and jamming to the oldies!!

AFM-at work...just wanted to catch up quick!! have a great day everyone!!