Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession for today is that I REALLY want to throw my stapler at the man sitting at the desk in front of me, but my boss won't let me because apparently we need him :neutral: He is the most rude, vile person I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. For example, he thinks it is hilarious to burp the word BOLLOCKS or that in his opinion it is perfectly acceptable to interrupt a woman because he will probably be right anyway. :angry:

I have just thrown my stapler at him for you.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I had a day out yesterday, and I had so much sodium. My friend said to eat lunch before we met up, so I had Taco Bell on the way, then when I got there she hadn't eaten yet. So I ordered nachos. Snacked on some fried food out of her order. Had a piece of pizza. Changed locations, ate more pizza. My hands were so puffy this morning that it hurt to make a fist, and I feel all kinds of bloated.

Well, that's silly! What did she do that for?! I retain water very easily and I HATE that feeling so I have to be very careful with my sodium intake, which is hard because I really only like salty / savory foods.

I know... It's hard being friends with chronically late, running behind people. I should have just anticipated that she'd come late and hungry, but as an on time rule follower, I assume others will be the same.

Oh, I share this same curse! I have finally learned to only be on time when it matters: work, doctor's appts., etc. Everything else? I have an "I'll get there when I get there" attitude.

Almost everyone arrives late for holidays and family events and I was tired of being there way ahead of everyone else (this is my husband's fault as well; he likes to be earlier than I do) because I felt like we were the "welcoming committee". Then we'd be there the longest waiting for all the other stragglers to show up. So annoying.

My husband still insists on being there first, so most times now I just drive separately and get there with the rest of the bunch.
    *Steps on GRUMPY OLD PEOPLE'S soapbox*
    I blame cellphones. Because it's so easy to text "Running 10 mins late", people do. I find it rude and inconsiderate.

You might find this video enjoyable. https://youtu.be/NNsI9fihzm8
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I had a day out yesterday, and I had so much sodium. My friend said to eat lunch before we met up, so I had Taco Bell on the way, then when I got there she hadn't eaten yet. So I ordered nachos. Snacked on some fried food out of her order. Had a piece of pizza. Changed locations, ate more pizza. My hands were so puffy this morning that it hurt to make a fist, and I feel all kinds of bloated.

Well, that's silly! What did she do that for?! I retain water very easily and I HATE that feeling so I have to be very careful with my sodium intake, which is hard because I really only like salty / savory foods.

I know... It's hard being friends with chronically late, running behind people. I should have just anticipated that she'd come late and hungry, but as an on time rule follower, I assume others will be the same.

Oh, I share this same curse! I have finally learned to only be on time when it matters: work, doctor's appts., etc. Everything else? I have an "I'll get there when I get there" attitude.

Almost everyone arrives late for holidays and family events and I was tired of being there way ahead of everyone else (this is my husband's fault as well; he likes to be earlier than I do) because I felt like we were the "welcoming committee". Then we'd be there the longest waiting for all the other stragglers to show up. So annoying.

My husband still insists on being there first, so most times now I just drive separately and get there with the rest of the bunch.

I insist on being places first when I want something.

ie New Video Game Releases, Concert Ticket Sales (I camped out at Boscovs to get Tool Tickets, I was the only person able to buy 2 tickets at the store, it sold out in 8 seconds)...

And I'm generally early/on time to everything else.

Indeed! Definitely worth it then. I, too, instinctively need to be early or on time everywhere. It's mainly just family events that I've learned to be "late" to. "Late" meaning when everyone else finally shows up.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    A FB friend added me to a group for people who use essential oils - and dont' get me wrong, I use peppermint oil to deter bugs and it does seem to work, I don't hate the oils themselves - however, when I see someone post "my daughter has a fever and a sore throat, what should I use?" I want to post TYLENOL in all caps like that. Someone burned themselves the other day and they posted a picture of it looking pretty infected, asking which oil they should put on it. SMH. I have to stay out of the group because it takes all that I have not to post things like "Use Neosporin", "Go to your doctor, what are you thinking?".
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    I had aspirations of doing some in depth, thoughtful, motivational blog post on my 1000th day of logging into mfp. Didn't happen.

Wow good job logging in! I'm jealous. :) I'm almost back at 90 days.

I've been around since about 2012 and I have to confess that one of the reasons I quit logging in a few years ago was because I missed a day on accident and lost a really good logging streak. I was so mad. I wish I wouldn't let little things like that get to me.

Wow! 1000 days of logging in. You're my hero. Really. I'm really geeky about that kind of thing. I'm on day 86 and already feel like I'd cry if i had to start at 1 again!
    I confess, I'm such a number nerd! I stopped my car a few months back to catch this epic moment:

That's awesome! I make spreadsheets for EVERYTHING! I had multiples when we went to Disney last year. My grocery list is a spreadsheet...May need an intervention!

So is mine. ;) A spreadsheet that includes every type of grocery I buy and the level of frequency at which I buy it, which I then sort by both aisle and frequency; then, I just have to tick off what I need for the week and refresh the next page's list, which gives me the perfect grocery list for the week........ I might have a problem.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Here is my April Fools contribution to MFP.

Water Intake
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

I blame cellphones. Because it's so easy to text "Running 10 mins late", people do. I find it rude and inconsiderate.

Yep, it makes it much easier to be disrespectful of the time of others. I have a smartphone, but I am NOT "on call" 24/7. I carry it with me, but I only check it when I feel like it or have time, even if I hear a text come in. It's my way of attempting to set some boundaries.

If someone texts me that they will be late and I don't read the text until later? Too bad. I will carry on without you!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

I became that horribly bloated after my vacation! It felt so, so awful. Even walking was painful because my legs were all bloated up. Ugh. It was a combination of side effects from a pain killer (I'm having a killer tooth ache because my wisdom teeth are coming out), WAY too many carbs, and WAY too much sodium. -_-

As for the on time thing... I'm such a freak about being on time that I'd be an hour (or more) early if I was the one driving myself! ;)
  • Talkradio
    Options
    A FB friend added me to a group for people who use essential oils - and dont' get me wrong, I use peppermint oil to deter bugs and it does seem to work, I don't hate the oils themselves - however, when I see someone post "my daughter has a fever and a sore throat, what should I use?" I want to post TYLENOL in all caps like that. Someone burned themselves the other day and they posted a picture of it looking pretty infected, asking which oil they should put on it. SMH. I have to stay out of the group because it takes all that I have not to post things like "Use Neosporin", "Go to your doctor, what are you thinking?".

Yes yes yes.

The " top of the pyramid" in my circle of acquaintances is a lady with a cosmetology license. Every time I see the oilers dispensing medical advice, I'm filled with stabby rage. I don't ask my doctor what hair style I should get, and I don't ask my hair stylist what I should use to treat my son's ear infection.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I have one who started selling them. She has a PhD. I can't tell if she really believes all the magic healing property bs, or if she's playing the long con and hoping having Dr. on her name will boost sales.
  • berlynnwall
    Options

Yes yes yes.

The " top of the pyramid" in my circle of acquaintances is a lady with a cosmetology license. Every time I see the oilers dispensing medical advice, I'm filled with stabby rage. I don't ask my doctor what hair style I should get, and I don't ask my hair stylist what I should use to treat my son's ear infection.

For real. And I guess I don't really care if they solve all their problems with oils, but when kids are involved it makes me really upset that they are not getting real medical care. Not to mention, some oils are really bad for you if ingested, and many of these people have not done their research.
  • Talkradio
    Options

I became that horribly bloated after my vacation! It felt so, so awful. Even walking was painful because my legs were all bloated up. Ugh. It was a combination of side effects from a pain killer (I'm having a killer tooth ache because my wisdom teeth are coming out), WAY too many carbs, and WAY too much sodium. -_-

As for the on time thing... I'm such a freak about being on time that I'd be an hour (or more) early if I was the one driving myself! ;)

Welcome back :)

I tend to show up early to everything. I usually sit in the car until it seems acceptable to go in. The most awkward thing I showed up early for was a wake (a visitation before a funeral, not sure if that's a common term)... It was still only family there. By the time I left, only a handful of other non-family visitors had arrived.
  • Talkradio
    Options

Yes yes yes.

For real. And I guess I don't really care if they solve all their problems with oils, but when kids are involved it makes me really upset that they are not getting real medical care. Not to mention, some oils are really bad for you if ingested, and many of these people have not done their research.

A friend unintentionally overdosed her infant on oils. She was using them internally and externally on herself and externally on him. Since she was breastfeeding, he was receiving toxic doses. After several weeks of severe gastric distress, hives, and lots of doctor visits... they figured out it was the oils. Thank God it wasn't worse, you know? *epic facepalm*
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I have one who started selling them. She has a PhD. I can't tell if she really believes all the magic healing property bs, or if she's playing the long con and hoping having Dr. on her name will boost sales.

She;s probably hoping the sales will pay off student loans for her PhD! (that's just an assumption on my part; she may have no loans at all; just very common these days)
  • berlynnwall
    Options

Yes yes yes.

A friend unintentionally overdosed her infant on oils. She was using them internally and externally on herself and externally on him. Since she was breastfeeding, he was receiving toxic doses. After several weeks of severe gastric distress, hives, and lots of doctor visits... they figured out it was the oils. Thank God it wasn't worse, you know? *epic facepalm*

Oh my gosh. That is terrifying. I just can't with those people.

• Susieq_1994
    Options

Welcome back :)

I tend to show up early to everything. I usually sit in the car until it seems acceptable to go in. The most awkward thing I showed up early for was a wake (a visitation before a funeral, not sure if that's a common term)... It was still only family there. By the time I left, only a handful of other non-family visitors had arrived.

Thank you!

Yup, that's my mom, and also the way I was raised to be. My husband somehow has this magical balance where he always leaves at exactly the right time, so he's perfectly on time without being too early or too late. O.o As for me, if it's something like a lunch, I'm jumping around worrying about being late 5 hours in advance, and if it's something more like catching a plane, I'm already worrying about being on time a week beforehand! I'd probably camp at the airport if I could. Maybe even on the plane. ;)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I am chronically late. My family will tell me something starts an hour earlier than it actually does so at least there's chance of me being on time.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

You might find this video enjoyable. https://youtu.be/NNsI9fihzm8
    I did! Thank you.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Here is my April Fools contribution to MFP.

Water Intake

Confession: I found this before I saw it here, and I love it. I cannot wait to see the fireworks. I may have to help things along...
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Yes yes yes.

That's terrible!