Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    mziegler01 wrote: »
    c_leeee wrote: »
    I cannot stand people that equate a person's weight with their worth. I have a person in my life who has said very nasty things to me in the past about me being overweight, I know that the next time that I see this person he will be a lot nicer to me because I've lost almost 50lbs.

I think what I really hate is the fact that his nasty comments are a huge source of motivation for me because I never want to hear those things again.

I feel much the same...Part of the reason I got in the frame of mind to lose weight was that after spending a year in China around some of the smallest people ever in my little city and being "The Great White Whale" over there I got really self conscious about it. Chinese culture dictates that it is not rude to walk up to a total stranger and comment on their weight so I got multiple times a day street harassment about being fat and even though it's totally shallow I just want to go back there as a smaller person and be like: "There, now shut up and mind your own business!" XD The negative comments really inspired me...from a distance and in retrospect. While I was there they just made me eat more and cry over my inadequacies. >.>

Uh, wow. I was not aware of this. Talk about a culture shock! Well, I'm sorry you had to endure that but at least you turned it into a positive!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Confession:

These people who are into outlandish conspiracy theories really baffle me.
    My favorite is the people who don't believe in Finland. They believe in evolution and the moon landing and laugh at the people who believe the illuminati-reptilian-overlords-type-of-thing. They just believe that Finland is a conspiracy.

...what?

Side note: My penpal is from Turku. Where do my letters go?

Eastern Sweden, obviously :P
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/2qjohv/what_did_your_parents_show_you_to_do_that_you/cn6pn30?context=3
    it's actually the funniest thing I've seen in a while.
    Side note: where can I acquire a Finnish pen pal?!

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Confession:

My favorite is the people who don't believe in Finland. They believe in evolution and the moon landing and laugh at the people who believe the illuminati-reptilian-overlords-type-of-thing. They just believe that Finland is a conspiracy.

I believe Wyoming is the conspiracy.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've been binging for the past ~5 days or so.
    But this morning I ate a bagel and some blueberries without eating anything else! Usually I would have decided that that was too many calories and given up on the entire day. So this was progress! I feel kind of ridiculous congratulating myself on doing normal human things like "eating a bagel" and "actually getting up and showering" but whatever.

Very often I am the same way, especially when it comes to getting up and showering but when having a depressive episode taking care of myself, doing a workout and eating healthy are huge accomplishments! And it is something to be proud of when it takes so much energy on some days.

• neuronal_waste
    neuronal_waste Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Confession: I would get to work and then, have a poo because my low-flush toilet at home can't handle the extra 'workload' of having so much fibre to deal with. *_*
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    ok, so I dropped something in the floor at my desk and when I bent down to pick it up I saw a blue m&m under the cubicle wall. I considered eating it! (it has been at least 9 months since that got there, that is the last time I had m&m's at work.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Confession #1 I wanted to go to bed an hour ago but couldn't because I wanted to finish reading all the comments in this thread.
    Confession #2 When I get paid next week I will spend way too much on that White Chocolate Peanut Butter due to me living in Germany and having to order it online. Even though I don't know what it tastes like I'm craving it.
    Confession #3 I'm afraid to jump in on this thread because this is my first post ever on MFP and an English speaking community.

I've stayed up later than I intended because of this thread.

You're in good company, I'll also be spending way too much to get a jar of that stuff. I've had white chocolate Reese's PB cups and LOVE them, I'm sure I'll love White Chocolate Wonderful too. Oh, and I'll be getting pumpkin Pop Tarts as well, which just compounds the madness.

Welcome to the warmest, fuzziest, most therapeutic thread on MFP!

Nice arm post! Looking good! The sit on the floor weight workout is working!

Thank you! :)

It's a really easy way to fit in a nice little workout... I think @BZAH10 should copyright it, make a workout DVD and rake in $$ :p

YES! Then I can keep up with this thread AND make money at the same time. Great idea!

Can I volunteer to be one of the demonstrators in the video? I can be the "needs improvement" model. :D

Oh, you can BE the person in the video. I hate taking pictures and would absolutely not want to see myself in a video working out. I can devise the program and you can instruct it, deal?

Deal! Except it seems to me there is always more than one person demonstrating the workouts... usually different levels of expertise. So we need more fitness models, not just me solo.

And what a great reason to buy new workout outfits (which is the only clothing I can possibly justify buying these days, lol)!

Yes, we definitely need others for the video. Thing is I really HATE most workout videos! Not sure why. Guess it's the yelling and the excitement! I really love working out, but I'm a quiet, reserved person. I'm not at all into all the "Let's go!" or "Do it with me now!" stuff. Clearly, we need a new, original approach.

But yes, either way, new workout clothes must be purchased! I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to having more workout clothes than regular clothes. And I have several pairs of Asics in every color combination imaginable. I need to cut back on the shopping.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I've been binging for the past ~5 days or so.
    But this morning I ate a bagel and some blueberries without eating anything else! Usually I would have decided that that was too many calories and given up on the entire day. So this was progress! I feel kind of ridiculous congratulating myself on doing normal human things like "eating a bagel" and "actually getting up and showering" but whatever.

Not ridiculous at all. This is how you start to change a habit. Keep doing it until it becomes second nature and you no longer even think about it!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Confession:

I believe Wyoming is the conspiracy.

It is different there, isn't it? About 5 years ago my husband worked in Cheyenne for 2 years. We knew it was temporary so he rented an apartment there and we kept our house (in another state; 250 miles apart) and had 3 teenagers at home. We alternated commuting on the weekends: he'd drive home one weekend, I'd drive to Cheyenne one weekend, sometimes we'd meet at a large city inbetween. Cheyenne itself was a nice city, but the wind and winters were brutal! I definitely could not live there. Also, the truck I had at the time was flex fuel so I ran it on ethanol, which you CANNOT buy in WY. I would fill up before crossing the boarder each way.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Deannjay wrote: »
    When I first started working out, I couldn't get through a normal workout video so I did senior citizen workouts until I built up my endurance. I know...embarrassing.

LMAO! That reminds me of the Sit and Be Fit segments they have on PBS for the elderly folks.
    [
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out, I couldn't get through a normal workout video so I did senior citizen workouts until I built up my endurance. I know...embarrassing.
    I think a lot of us started somewhere like this. Don't feel bad.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Found a random excuse to go to Target and check the Easter clearance. I finally gave in and bought some Twix eggs.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time staying within my daily calories on a regular basis these days.

Me too. I've been in a maintenance rut and am struggling to get out of it. The positive is that I haven't gained

• ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    kayfaei wrote: »
    My confession is I don't actually know what I weigh. We have a scale but since it probably only goes to 300-330 it doesn't tell me. I've excersied for at least six days straight. Now and can tell a little change is happening. But that's why I haven't posted on MFP that I've lost anything.. Cause I actually " don't" know what I've lost
    I know that is horrible!

Not really. Six days in a row is a great streak! But, not long enough to see any progress on the scale, so it would probably be counter-productive. DO get a cloth measuring tape and take your measurements now. Then start tracking that progress. Don't let the lack of knowing your actual weight even distract you.

I have to confess I royally screwed up taking measurements. I'm never quite sure if I should be pulling it as tight as it should go or if that would be cheating it somehow. Then I convince myself I've cheated it.

I've been at this for 2 years and I still have no idea how to take measurements. I never get the same number either.

I am the opposite. I always get the same number! I have dropped 36 pounds and 4 pant sizes, but, according to the way I measure, my waist is still the same. I finally just quit trying.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    I made it to the gym today and was running on the indoor track. There are three lanes on the track and slower people are to keep to the inside. I find a lot of people don't look behind them when crossing lanes to exit the track. Today I was running in the middle lane and was about two strides behind a young lady on the inside lane. Sure enough she didn't look behind her when crossing and my confession is, is that I wanted to speed up just slightly so I could knock her on her *kitten* for being so oblivious to her surroundings. Maybe it would have taught her a lesson

Oh, how I can empathize with feeling that way... on a related note, at a local outdoor track where I walk sometimes (weather permitting), there are, at times, various groups of 2 or more individuals who somehow think that the lanes they decided to abruptly stop walking in would make a great place to finish their conversation -- and they just stand there, talking, while disrupting traffic flow on the track... a part of me wishes I could (in good conscience, let alone without injuring myself or others) 'fake-accidentally' walk right into at least one of them, knock however many of them down that happen to fall in conjunction with the collision, 'fake-accidentally' claim that I was just as surprised as they were, as I hadn't expected anyone to be standing-still-and-not-moving in the middle of a track, and then wish them well, as I continued on my merry way, all while pondering whether it would end up taking 'just one more' fake-accidental collision to 'make my point' (given that so many seem utterly oblivious to or otherwise couldn't-care-less-about the fact that multiple individuals keep having to 'go around' the 'standing-still-collective' in order to continue walking in the lane said individuals were walking in)... arggg :/

In reading what you described, of someone not looking when crossing lanes at a track, it also brought to mind people who, while in a grocery store, suddenly change directions with their shopping carts, and without bothering to consider the fact that they aren't the only person in the store (let alone, not the only one pushing a cart) -- and that they should look, accordingly, before proceeding in whatever alternate direction they suddenly decided to adopt, seems to be incomprehensibly 'beyond' them...

...oh, and of course, we've seemingly all encountered those unfortunately-rather-many individuals who, when choosing to change lanes while driving, engage in Nike slogan action, and just do it -- sans any consideration for anyone around them, or otherwise demonstrating an awareness that they aren't the only driver on the road... (perhaps these same individuals carry their self-centered (or otherwise 'perpetually oblivious') habits to the track, as well...?)

I can SO relate to all of this! Lots of people are clueless, oblivious, and not considerate of others. Some just don't realize that there is actually "track etiquette" just like there is for golf.

I can't wait for golf season... only about 4 more weeks to go. I wish I lived in a climate where there was golf year round (and that I didn't have to work so I could play golf all day)
  • MistyinTN
    MistyinTN Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Confession #:1 I hate being late. It totally stresses me out.
    Confession #2: I hate it when my assistant stands in my doorway while I'm on a telephone call. GRRRRR.

That is all.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    My confession is I don't actually know what I weigh. We have a scale but since it probably only goes to 300-330 it doesn't tell me. I've excersied for at least six days straight. Now and can tell a little change is happening. But that's why I haven't posted on MFP that I've lost anything.. Cause I actually " don't" know what I've lost
    I know that is horrible!

Not really. Six days in a row is a great streak! But, not long enough to see any progress on the scale, so it would probably be counter-productive. DO get a cloth measuring tape and take your measurements now. Then start tracking that progress. Don't let the lack of knowing your actual weight even distract you.

I have to confess I royally screwed up taking measurements. I'm never quite sure if I should be pulling it as tight as it should go or if that would be cheating it somehow. Then I convince myself I've cheated it.

I've been at this for 2 years and I still have no idea how to take measurements. I never get the same number either.
    I am pretty sure I am doing it wrong too. I took my measurements before I started and after losing 20 pounds and there was no difference despite my clothes being looser and dropping a clothing size
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Confession #1 I wanted to go to bed an hour ago but couldn't because I wanted to finish reading all the comments in this thread.
    Confession #2 When I get paid next week I will spend way too much on that White Chocolate Peanut Butter due to me living in Germany and having to order it online. Even though I don't know what it tastes like I'm craving it.
    Confession #3 I'm afraid to jump in on this thread because this is my first post ever on MFP and an English speaking community.

I've stayed up later than I intended because of this thread.

You're in good company, I'll also be spending way too much to get a jar of that stuff. I've had white chocolate Reese's PB cups and LOVE them, I'm sure I'll love White Chocolate Wonderful too. Oh, and I'll be getting pumpkin Pop Tarts as well, which just compounds the madness.

Welcome to the warmest, fuzziest, most therapeutic thread on MFP!

Nice arm post! Looking good! The sit on the floor weight workout is working!

Thank you! :)

It's a really easy way to fit in a nice little workout... I think @BZAH10 should copyright it, make a workout DVD and rake in $$ :p

YES! Then I can keep up with this thread AND make money at the same time. Great idea!

Can I volunteer to be one of the demonstrators in the video? I can be the "needs improvement" model. :D

Oh, you can BE the person in the video. I hate taking pictures and would absolutely not want to see myself in a video working out. I can devise the program and you can instruct it, deal?

Deal! Except it seems to me there is always more than one person demonstrating the workouts... usually different levels of expertise. So we need more fitness models, not just me solo.

And what a great reason to buy new workout outfits (which is the only clothing I can possibly justify buying these days, lol)!

Yes, we definitely need others for the video. Thing is I really HATE most workout videos! Not sure why. Guess it's the yelling and the excitement! I really love working out, but I'm a quiet, reserved person. I'm not at all into all the "Let's go!" or "Do it with me now!" stuff. Clearly, we need a new, original approach.

But yes, either way, new workout clothes must be purchased! I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to having more workout clothes than regular clothes. And I have several pairs of Asics in every color combination imaginable. I need to cut back on the shopping.

Not only does the continual fake peppy enthusiasm irritate me but I find the chirpy pop music annoying too.

I'd definitely prefer a workout video with a lively heavy metal or classic rock track... like I have on my iPod for working out (ohhh my age is showing).

I'd think yoga videos might be a bit more sedate (I've never seen one, however)... maybe a little too "put you to sleep" zen-ish for a workout though.

See, two confessions in there: I abhor most pop music, and yoga boooooores me.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I cooked some bacon in my cast iron skillet yesterday, I normally bake it, but I had this skillet full of bacon grease, so what do I do?

I fry my weeks worth of chicken thighs in it.

You fry the burgers that are about to be topped with the bacon, then when the burgers are done, you put in the mushrooms and onions that are going on the burgers.

I don't think so. I can't do anything that has jumping in it. A lot of times, it doesn't look like there will be until you get 10 minutes in and the psycho in the leotards decides you need to start poguing or you'll be fat forever. I've found the modified workouts have a lot less surprises to make me have to stop and fast forward half way through.
    I know that is horrible!

My highest ever was around 500. The doctor's scale didn't even go that high. Only place I could weigh was in the bariatric ward of a hospital an hour away...which brings me to, if you really want to know, see if the hospital will let you check.

Confession: When I did the Easter basket shopping, I got regular candy for the guys. I got myself 2 bags of Midnight Reverie. Usually I try to get something flavored, so I can share it with them. Not this time, they think pure 85% dark is too bitter. And I knew that when I bought it.

ETA: one more - whoever posted the grungy toenails in the cheetos thread should be shot (in an absolutely not judgmental way). I didn't leave it open long enough to see who was responsible.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Edited to Add: In the hopes that this might make you feel better, or otherwise not embarrassed, I thought I'd offer a confessional truth of my own -- and that is... that I cannot count how many times I've clogged a toilet (!), and my home toilet, specifically... low-flush models were all the rage, but they didn't take into account the 'workload' that might be associated with 'taking care of business' for humans ingesting fiber in 'more than sufficient' (and sometimes downright accidentally impressive and somewhat mindboggling) amounts... there are times when I'm ready to heave the darn thing out a window (the toilet that is, not the waste product (in case there was any confusion ;) )), and scream aloud, and for all the world to hear, "Is it too much to ask that a toilet do its freaking JOB?!!!"... though on the bright side, I feel like awarding my intestinal tract a kind of Gold medal, given how first-place-worthy its 'performance' is (realizing, of course, that the day when any sort of Olympics involving this as an 'Event' is somewhere long into the future... :) )

Yep. I put a low-flush in when I renovated the upstairs bathroom and fortunately haven't gotten around to upgrading the downstairs toilet yet. Not sure I will either, as there are some days I will deliberately avoid the upstairs one, fearing that it may not be up to the task. B)

LOL :)

...that's understandable, yt (<--- look at me droppin' the 'hannah' portion of your userID, as though you and I go 'way back' ;P )... if taking input about your 'output' (so to speak), count me in as placing my vote (and with arms flailing about, in attention-getting fashion) in the 'do not upgrade the downstairs toilet' camp... believe me when I say that were you to 'go down that road', you would rue the day (that is, if you ever engaged in the act of 'rueing' (as opposed to 'rouxing' (an activity engaged in by New Orleanian chefs cooking up a batch of gumbo (and there is certainly no mistaking the other 'output' as being anything of the kind (after all, we weren't talking about using a toilet as a 'mixing bowl', now, were we...? ;P ))))) -- um, where was I? ;) -- oh, yeah... you would rue the day you ever removed a (let alone, the *last*) toilet which 'could be counted on' to 'handle' its fair share of 'the load' (as in, ALL of it :) )...

Sadly, as I ponder the enviable position you are in, of having a non-low-flush toilet available, I'm reminded of my own circumstance, in which I face perpetual frustration with my toilet (surprisingly, that last string of words is something I've not ever uttered before ;P ), and I seem to be 'trapped' in some sort of 'love-hate' relationship with the thing (I love it when it works, I hate it when it doesn't)...

And lastly, while on this fruitful topic :), I might add (actually, there's no might about it -- I *will* say ;) ) that when I happen to be visiting the sibling I mentioned in a previous post (i.e. in the post containing my disclosure regarding prenatal exercise videos, and my 'working out' with Gabrielle Reece, a former professional volleyball player, whose pregnancy workouts result in my somehow thinking (playfully, mind you :) ) that I have 'bragging rights' to having worked out 'with' a (while-pregnant) professional athlete), I dread ever 'using the facilities' when at said sibling's home... given that any moment when I am 'face to face' (thankfully, not literally!) with the 'inescapable conclusion' that I definitely clogged their household's toilet, it inevitably involves my embarrassingly exiting the bathroom, with a hushed urgency to my usually whisper-shouted exclamation that 'I did it again', and find myself in need of their for-propriety's-sake-is-hidden-out-of-sight-and-thus-is-unavailable-for-convenient-use plunger... and as I 'disclose' said reality, with the face of someone seemingly channeling a puppy that has accidentally 'piddled', my sister's with-a-barely-audible-sound-that-nonetheless-'speaks-volumes' sudden 'exhale' belies her initial reaction (of 'annoyed amazement' (or so it would seem)), before she embarks upon the 'journey' of extracting their plunger (it's laughable that it seems to be used in conjunction with my visits more than with all other cumulative household-as-well-as-all-other-visitors' use (if a 'frequent use program' were to exist, it would seem that I'd have earned some sort of 'prize' by now ;) ))... and their plunger is hidden-in-the-bowels (no pun intended ;) ) of their basement (because, you know, having it near a bathroom that no one uses, will make it more readily available for the most frequently used bowl of porcelain in the house)...

(Y'know, in thinking about this reality that I have just confessed to (the 'more than you can handle' 'problematic use encounters' with my sister's toilet), it would perhaps be prudent for there to be some sort of 'alarm system' set up, such that any time I open the leftmost door of their pantry, to access a shelf populated with 'the cereal motherlode', and begin making my way to the Raisin Bran (which requires that I remove practically all other cereal 'storage vessels' that 'stand in the way' (and amounts to approximately two-hundred (or so it seems) varieties of every conceivable version of sugar-laden derivative)), it might be 'worthwhile' for some sort of DefCon-1 -type 'the perimeter has been breached!' 'final warning' 'alarm' to sound off, when I lift up the container with Raisin Bran (given that I seem to be the only human who ever eats any of it (what with its being the only fiber-filled offering on the shelf), and given the typical 'consequence' if I eat more than one bowl of the stuff (get in the starting blocks to launch into a downstairs 'extraction mission', sista!))... just a thought... ;) )

Regardless of what you decide, yt :), know that you are making a monumental decision that will affect you daily, and that upgrading the downstairs toilet -- and specifically, contending with its 'replacement' (an imposter!) -- could prove to be a source of supreme frustration, and episodic annoyance whose frequency could ultimately test your sanity (take it from someone who 'knows', and has 'been there' (and still is!) -- it SO isn't worth being 'environmentally friendly' when what it translates to is needing to incessantly disrupt your life to deal with seemingly perpetual 'cloggage' (it SUCKS!)).

There. I hope that settles it.

:blush:

(...as you were...) ;)