How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    OK so... now the obvious solution of rather tasty flintstones chewables causes gagging? WTF. OK. Have we gotten from the OP why simple pills you don't chew, but just swallow with some water won't work?

Posted December 13th "Does Total cereal taste good?"

Posted January 6th "Can Flintstones chewables correct iron deficiency?"

Posted February 8th "Question for those of you familiar with Flintstones chewables?"

Posted March 12th "Does eating meat regularly correct iron deficiency?"

Please refer to her monthly threads for that answer.

OMG. Well never mind then. OP needs to have her head examined first before solving any other issues

All of my threads are related to my iron deficiency and trying to correct it so what's your point?

The point is, you overly complicate a simple issue and have every excuse in the world to not fix it. You cuddle your neurosies to you like a safety blanket because actually behaving like an adult and dealing with the problem is too scary. Honestly, I don't know how you function in the real world, if this is what you obsess over for months at a time.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    OK so... now the obvious solution of rather tasty flintstones chewables causes gagging? WTF. OK. Have we gotten from the OP why simple pills you don't chew, but just swallow with some water won't work?

Posted February 8th "Question for those of you familiar with Flintstones chewables?"

OMG. Well never mind then. OP needs to have her head examined first before solving any other issues

All of my threads are related to my iron deficiency and trying to correct it so what's your point?

The point is that you are beyond help with your iron deficincy.

We have offered:
    supplements
    pills
    iron rich water
    cereals
    foods naturally high in iron
    etc.

But somehow none of these you are going to do. You are asking for help on an impossible topic because you don't have any intention of actually taking any advice given.

Then you blame it on your anxiety but then:
    Are not taking personal control or personal responsibility for your own health and mental health.

Nothing we say at this point will make any difference or benefit to you whatsoever.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    gaga-cheerios.gif
    MrM27 wrote: »
    If I eat red meat for 5 days straight, will it correct this? How much of it would I have to eat?

You're acting like eating red meat is such a chore...like apparently everything else that might be good for your anemia.

And no. It won't "correct it", as anemia is not a one-cure condition. You'll have to continue eating red meat regularly. Have a tissue.

It's not a chore. I just have a fear of food poisoning and I get scared of red meat. I worded that wrong though. I meant like would I start feeling better?

So now you are afraid of red meat? But you have been asking about red meat. Oh brother.
    OP, people have been trying to give you good advice, but you don't want to hear it if it doesn't mean you can eat cereal for all your iron needs. Honestly, if your anemia is that bad, you should prioritize your health over your aversion to pills/supplements. A little discomfort from taking a pill seems like a small price to pay for improved health and well-being. If 13 pages of responses hasn't proven it already, there's not some magic remedy to your problem, and you're either going to have to eat a *kitten* load of Cheerios or suck it up and do something out of your comfort zone to correct the deficiency.

Although that seems logical and I should prioritize my health, anxiety is illogical and doesn't work that way. If I were to be able to get the Flintstones down, I would freak out. I would pace the room and flail my hands and be trying desperately to get the taste out of my mouth. I'd probably freak out for 30 minutes to an hour and hopefully not stress so much that I'd throw it up. That's why I haven't taken the supplement.

This Can't Be Real

It is. People who don't have anxiety don't understand it.

Actually I have suffered from Anxiety. And I dealt with it. Like you should do and not make excuses.

I asked you a question, did you try and Google for iron rich foods?

I already have an appointment scheduled with a therapist who was recommended to me by my doctor. It's 2 months away. I've visited a couple therapists in the past who weren't any help. One of them said my anxiety was so bad, therapy wouldn't work for me. I can't go through this for 2 more months. My iron is too low and needs to get up now.

And yes I have googled iron rich foods. It doesn't tell me much. I need a diet of what to eat every day to achieve 200-250% and/or correct this anemia.

Let me guess... he said therapy ALONE wouldn't work for you, and recommended medication in addition to it.

And you refused.

It was a she. And no she didn't suggest medication. She just said my anxiety is so bad, the techniques she would help me with wouldn't work. She also had numerous bad reviews written on her. Some people said they were told the same thing.

So, being an adult, you saw that the first therapist was a QUACK, and found a new one, right? What did that one say?
  • yogi323
    yogi323 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    gaga-cheerios.gif
    If I eat red meat for 5 days straight, will it correct this? How much of it would I have to eat?

You're acting like eating red meat is such a chore...like apparently everything else that might be good for your anemia.

And no. It won't "correct it", as anemia is not a one-cure condition. You'll have to continue eating red meat regularly. Have a tissue.

It's not a chore. I just have a fear of food poisoning and I get scared of red meat. I worded that wrong though. I meant like would I start feeling better?

So now you are afraid of red meat? But you have been asking about red meat. Oh brother.
    OP, people have been trying to give you good advice, but you don't want to hear it if it doesn't mean you can eat cereal for all your iron needs. Honestly, if your anemia is that bad, you should prioritize your health over your aversion to pills/supplements. A little discomfort from taking a pill seems like a small price to pay for improved health and well-being. If 13 pages of responses hasn't proven it already, there's not some magic remedy to your problem, and you're either going to have to eat a *kitten* load of Cheerios or suck it up and do something out of your comfort zone to correct the deficiency.

Although that seems logical and I should prioritize my health, anxiety is illogical and doesn't work that way. If I were to be able to get the Flintstones down, I would freak out. I would pace the room and flail my hands and be trying desperately to get the taste out of my mouth. I'd probably freak out for 30 minutes to an hour and hopefully not stress so much that I'd throw it up. That's why I haven't taken the supplement.

This Can't Be Real

It is. People who don't have anxiety don't understand it.

Actually I have suffered from Anxiety. And I dealt with it. Like you should do and not make excuses.

I asked you a question, did you try and Google for iron rich foods?

I already have an appointment scheduled with a therapist who was recommended to me by my doctor. It's 2 months away. I've visited a couple therapists in the past who weren't any help. One of them said my anxiety was so bad, therapy wouldn't work for me. I can't go through this for 2 more months. My iron is too low and needs to get up now.

And yes I have googled iron rich foods. It doesn't tell me much. I need a diet of what to eat every day to achieve 200-250% and/or correct this anemia.

Let me guess... he said therapy ALONE wouldn't work for you, and recommended medication in addition to it.

And you refused.

It was a she. And no she didn't suggest medication. She just said my anxiety is so bad, the techniques she would help me with wouldn't work. She also had numerous bad reviews written on her. Some people said they were told the same thing.

Check out different therapist. Bounce around until you find one that works with you. Also, be honest and request medication. Tell them that you have an extreme iron deficency and that your anxiety is preventing you from actually taking care of your health. I swear they will listen. Just keep trying.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I prefer to correct this the natural way through food instead of through supplements. What's wrong with that? I'm still listening to all of your opinions and suggestions.

Now you're just contradicting yourself. When we told you that the cereal was enriched (iron added into it) you said that it was the same as taking a supplement. That it was OK to get your iron through an inorganic source.

Now you are saying you prefer to get it through your food. Cheerios don't pop off a Cheerios tree full of iron...
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    spatone-range3.gif

I recommended this to OP two months ago and she refused to try it. I love spatone.

I've read it tastes like blood. I can't handle that.

it's.... IRON!
  • rainbowbow
    Options

The point is that you are beyond help with your iron deficincy.

We have offered:
    supplements
    pills
    iron rich water
    cereals
    foods naturally high in iron
    etc.

But somehow none of these you are going to do. You are asking for help on an impossible topic because you don't have any intention of actually taking any advice given.

Then you blame it on your anxiety but then:
    Are not taking personal control or personal responsibility for your own health and mental health.

Nothing we say at this point will make any difference or benefit to you whatsoever.

I prefer to correct this the natural way through food instead of through supplements. What's wrong with that? I'm still listening to all of your opinions and suggestions.

What cereals have been offered? I know the Multigrain Cheerios but most people were against me getting iron from cereal.

We've also recommended total cereal...
  • MyM0wM0w
    edited April 2015
    Options
    spatone-range3.gif

I recommended this to OP two months ago and she refused to try it. I love spatone.

Well at least you tried it to see if it tasted bad... oh wait, no you didn't.
    Well at least you tried the pills to see if there were side effects... oh wait, no you didn't.
    Well at least you tried tried the liquid to see if it would cause *TEMPORARY* tooth staining.... oh wait, no you didn't.
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    maybe sprinkle some cinnamon on them if you aren't allergic
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    spatone-range3.gif

it's.... IRON!

Also, i drink it in OJ and you can't taste it at all. It's the only iron supplement i've ever taken that doesn't cause constipation.

But you aren't willing to try it. If it "tastes like blood" thats because it's IRON!
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    As we have been telling you all along - supplements are pretty much the only way at this point. You have gotten yourself so deep in the hole you won't be able to crawl out on "cheerios" alone.

What about eating red meat regularly with a Vitamin C rich food?
    Define "regularly".

This discussion has been closed.