Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I've been a food monster today, and I've eaten up to about three hundred calories over maintenance so far... And I don't know if I'm done yet or not. Ugh.

I just quick added calories for the cupcake and the (smallish) piece of cheesecake I just ate (which were both amazing, been wanting to check those two new shops for a while). I'm already 200 over maintenance and that doesn't even account for that 8 course dinner (in 6 hours. I'll definitely be hungry for it too). It actually feels nice to have a real cheat day, not just a 'my hormones are making me so HANGRY' day. I've killed all my cravings too, so the next few weeks should be easier. Hopefully.

Ok confession - I couldn't find this thread for a minute. The only reason I did is because I got that pop up saying that someone posted here... what's going on? I got worried it was gone or something.

I love how we've all been worried about this thread today! I don't know what the issue is, but I bookmarked it so that I can access it quickly from the main page.

Also, sure hope you give us a course-by-course review of your birthday dinner tomorrow!

How is this done?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So I never actually posted a confession, though I've replied to some posts.

Friday the 17th is a holiday where I work, so the office is closed. I work in a CPA office and it's crunch time and here I am on MFP. Anyway, that's not even my confession. We get the Friday after tax season is over off work. Usually either my kids or my husband happen to have the day off too. This year - kids will be at school, hubby will be at work. Secretly I'm thrilled to have the whole day to myself. I can't tell you the last time I've had time to myself that didn't have to be used for errands or cleaning or laundry.

This is no secret for me! I purposely take days off that no one else had or has and I don't tell them ahead of time, either. I work hard for my days off, so they belong to ME! I volunteer to work extra during the Thanksgiving / Christmas holiday period so that others can take time off and then I take a 4-day weekend both in Jan. and Feb. every year. It's great!

I feel a little guilty that I DON'T wish I could spend time with the family.
    But when the day comes, when I drop the kids off at school, I'm pretty sure you won't be able to wipe that smile off my face. :smile:

I'm so glad I'm not alone. I always stress out about school breaks, I guess the good thing is I do way more cardio those days because I'm at the gym more often, and it's my best calorie burns...
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    My confession for the day: Thursday is the only night of the week where I don't have to be somewhere, and last night I wasted it watching....

Alex Cross

That movie is freakin' terrible! I rarely sit down and watch a movie and I was hugely disappointed with this one. The acting was terrible, the writing was so stilted. I am usually not very judgemental at movies, but blech! Other super terrible movies (I think we've done this once before, but oh well): The Truman Show, The Village, Sex Tape - didn't finish that one, too stupid.

@quiksylver296 The Truman Show?! You hate that movie?! I'm starting to rethink our pretend internet friendship. :wink:

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    So today is my Good Friday so I'm trying to eat vegetarian today and tomorrow until the Easter food fest Sunday. I forgot breakfast but our office has donuts every Friday so I grabbed one. My boss comes over asking if I wanted to come out for lunch and just smugly looks at me going "Oh I see today you have no restrictions...". I couldn't help it...I glared at him and went "does it look like this donut has meat in it?" Ugh.

I can't stand it. He gets super judgy over one bad thing but will eat vending machine lunches and follow it up by Chewy granola bars every hour until 5pm. Because we all know granola bars are healthy...
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I've been a food monster today, and I've eaten up to about three hundred calories over maintenance so far... And I don't know if I'm done yet or not. Ugh.

I just quick added calories for the cupcake and the (smallish) piece of cheesecake I just ate (which were both amazing, been wanting to check those two new shops for a while). I'm already 200 over maintenance and that doesn't even account for that 8 course dinner (in 6 hours. I'll definitely be hungry for it too). It actually feels nice to have a real cheat day, not just a 'my hormones are making me so HANGRY' day. I've killed all my cravings too, so the next few weeks should be easier. Hopefully.

Ok confession - I couldn't find this thread for a minute. The only reason I did is because I got that pop up saying that someone posted here... what's going on? I got worried it was gone or something.

I love how we've all been worried about this thread today! I don't know what the issue is, but I bookmarked it so that I can access it quickly from the main page.

Also, sure hope you give us a course-by-course review of your birthday dinner tomorrow!

How is this done?

At the top of the page is a little star (at least on web, not sure what it looks like on mobile). Click the star, it turns yellow, and the thread will be added to your subscribed threads list.

Hoping all the stormed people are ok. There are a bunch of places still without power south of us, but it wasn't that bad here, just loud.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the thread has hit the too big point, and they need to start a part II? Mods have done it with others, like the ice cream thread.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I say things wrong, repeatedly , although phonetically correct all the time. Quesadilla, i pronounce those L's. Salmon, I pronounce that L just to get people to say it wrong in front of wait staff who then correct them.

Also, I do the best worst impressions ever.

I always pronounce the L's in quesadilla too, ever since I heard "Knock it off Napolean! Just make yourself a dang quesa-dilla!"

Yes! Same here.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

How is this done?

At the top of the page is a little star (at least on web, not sure what it looks like on mobile). Click the star, it turns yellow, and the thread will be added to your subscribed threads list.

Hoping all the stormed people are ok. There are a bunch of places still without power south of us, but it wasn't that bad here, just loud.

Thank you for explaining that! I hadn't gotten back to the other posts yet.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My confession for the day: Thursday is the only night of the week where I don't have to be somewhere, and last night I wasted it watching....

Alex Cross

That movie is freakin' terrible! I rarely sit down and watch a movie and I was hugely disappointed with this one. The acting was terrible, the writing was so stilted. I am usually not very judgemental at movies, but blech! Other super terrible movies (I think we've done this once before, but oh well): The Truman Show, The Village, Sex Tape - didn't finish that one, too stupid.

@quiksylver296 The Truman Show?! You hate that movie?! I'm starting to rethink our pretend internet friendship. :wink:

Yep, Mo, almost got up and walked out of the theater. So, so, so bad. But, for totally cheesy but still love it, how about Crybaby with Johnny Depp? So bad, it's good. Or the fourth Indiana Jones - and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I love that one because they spoof on themselves. So funny!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Also, I hoard food. I can't have just one pack, box, tea, etc of something I like, I have to have 10 stored away in case I never see it again in stores. But I went through liking something a lot many times and having it discontinued, so that may be why I do that. I've been scarred by the food people.

i totally do this too. all of my cupboards and freezer are packed to the max. mine is more of, "this is on sale, plus i have coupons, so it's only 75 cents! i must buy 10!!!"

I also do this for both those reasons each of you posted.....I have a walk in pantry with several shelving units that my friends call "The Store"

I have been told in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse they are coming to my house as we can all be well fed and clean for about a year......

My husband calls our linen closet CVS because I have a backup for everything in there. I hate running out of things!
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Alex Cross

Yep, Mo, almost got up and walked out of the theater. So, so, so bad. But, for totally cheesy but still love it, how about Crybaby with Johnny Depp? So bad, it's good. Or the fourth Indiana Jones - and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I love that one because they spoof on themselves. So funny!

I <3 Indiana Jones.
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Not to be a derp, but where is my subscribed threads list?

And, apparently my stuff's not updating right - this thread is still on page 3 for me.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    The hard hitting questions

Sometimes, I have to ask the hard hitting questions.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

And, apparently my stuff's not updating right - this thread is still on page 3 for me.

Upper right there is the notification bell symbol, a star, and a gear symbol (I'll assume settings). The star is your subscribed threads.

I just figured this out myself. Like, 10 minutes ago.

edit: the gear symbol is apparently Account Options

edit #2: I just went into notifications and discovered I have two "abuse" flags... and what good are they if I ignore my notifications like I normally do? I was blissfully ignorant of my abuser status.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

Uh oh, people are getting upset! I thought there was something wrong with the thread. I guess I've never seen a thread with that many posts and no avatars. Careful - that might get you banned and we all wouldn't want that!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Upper right there is the notification bell symbol, a star, and a gear symbol (I'll assume settings). The star is your subscribed threads.

I just figured this out myself. Like, 10 minutes ago.

edit: the gear symbol is apparently Account Options

edit #2: I just went into notifications and discovered I have two "abuse" flags... and what good are they if I ignore my notifications like I normally do? I was blissfully ignorant of my abuser status.

For some reason I find those words together highly amusing.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

Uh oh, people are getting upset! I thought there was something wrong with the thread. I guess I've never seen a thread with that many posts and no avatars. Careful - that might get you banned and we all wouldn't want that!

If it gets to hot, maybe I'll go as SecretAgentLemonade
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    @BZAH10 I'm sorry you are feeling so down. :( That makes me sad. I know the feeling too well. I hope you feel better soon.

I have to confess: I actually really like stormy weather. I won't be surprised if I die by getting struck by lightning while watching a storm or something some day. I should have been a storm chaser. I do feel bad when people are scared of storms and when people lose their lives/property. But there is something exciting to me about a storm. (sorry!)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Confession: My shoulders are sore, and I blame @BZAH10 and @ythannah. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)

Awesome! This makes me unreasonably happy. I guess this is the first time in a long time I feel like I've actually helped someone else.

I kind of think of you as the fairy godmother of this thread... You are kind and always take time to interact with people who have deep or out there stuff going on. I think you've helped a lot of people here.

I feel the same way. @BZAH10 makes such an effort to post helpful replies to so many people on here and remember all kinds of details from prior posts.

And for some weird reason I found this on page 3?? Might be a MFP glitch (or might just be what I'm seeing) but new posts don't seem to be updating the last post time.

Thank you BOTH for the kind words! That really means a lot to me. Seeing as how this is a "confessions" thread, I'll just say that I'm going through a phase IRL right now where I'm not feeling useful or beneficial to anyone. I kind of just slog through each day, one foot in front of the other, and deny that I'm kind of unhappy and just go through the motions.

Perhaps I'm over-compensating here, but I do love this thread: I love the pace, the variety, the topics, and all the great peeps! Real and marshmallow! Anyway, thanks again.

Sorry you feel that way IRL, here I think your posts are great!

Thank you. I'm at a crossroad: do I make some personal changes and see where it goes (could be better; could be worse)? Or do I just keep living my mediocre life? I know the grass always looks greener on the other side until you get there, so I just don't want to make the wrong decision. But, no risks, no rewards, right?

I read a quote recently that reminded me of myself: "My decision-making skills resemble that of a squirrel crossing the street."