Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »

At the top of the page is a little star (at least on web, not sure what it looks like on mobile). Click the star, it turns yellow, and the thread will be added to your subscribed threads list.

Not to be a derp, but where is my subscribed threads list?

And, apparently my stuff's not updating right - this thread is still on page 3 for me.

Upper right there is the notification bell symbol, a star, and a gear symbol (I'll assume settings). The star is your subscribed threads.

I just figured this out myself. Like, 10 minutes ago.

edit: the gear symbol is apparently Account Options

edit #2: I just went into notifications and discovered I have two "abuse" flags... and what good are they if I ignore my notifications like I normally do? I was blissfully ignorant of my abuser status.

Thank you!
    You're an abuser? You should be ashamed..
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    The hard hitting questions

Sometimes, I have to ask the hard hitting questions.

Uh oh, people are getting upset! I thought there was something wrong with the thread. I guess I've never seen a thread with that many posts and no avatars. Careful - that might get you banned and we all wouldn't want that!

If it gets to hot, maybe I'll go as SecretAgentLemonade

Well, you're going to have to alert us if you change your name because like I've said before, I cannot even keep up with your avatars! What is this new one? I'll have to go look on your profile page...
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

Uh oh, people are getting upset! I thought there was something wrong with the thread. I guess I've never seen a thread with that many posts and no avatars. Careful - that might get you banned and we all wouldn't want that!

Well, you're going to have to alert us if you change your name because like I've said before, I cannot even keep up with your avatars! What is this new one? I'll have to go look on your profile page...

sharks_with_frickin_laser_beams_attached_postcard-p239174773458964175trdg_400.jpg
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @BZAH10 I'm sorry you are feeling so down. :( That makes me sad. I know the feeling too well. I hope you feel better soon.

I have to confess: I actually really like stormy weather. I won't be surprised if I die by getting struck by lightning while watching a storm or something some day. I should have been a storm chaser. I do feel bad when people are scared of storms and when people lose their lives/property. But there is something exciting to me about a storm. (sorry!)

Thank you. I'll figure it all out eventually.

Storms from a distance are fascinating to me. Up close? No thank you. I live in an area where we get hail storms frequently in the summer. There's really nothing worse than getting your vehicle dinged to hell and then just driving it that way because 90% of the rest of the city is in the same boat. Then again, I'm unusually attached to my truck. Sometimes I like it better than people. Okay, most of the time I do.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Yep, Mo, almost got up and walked out of the theater. So, so, so bad. But, for totally cheesy but still love it, how about Crybaby with Johnny Depp? So bad, it's good. Or the fourth Indiana Jones - and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I love that one because they spoof on themselves. So funny!

Crybaby is awesome! It was on tv the other night and I watched it for the zillionth time.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

sharks_with_frickin_laser_beams_attached_postcard-p239174773458964175trdg_400.jpg

I love the constant change its making me think I need a refresh. But I do like my current one...it's my gelding Oberon with his look alike best friend. :)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

At the top of the page is a little star (at least on web, not sure what it looks like on mobile). Click the star, it turns yellow, and the thread will be added to your subscribed threads list.

And, apparently my stuff's not updating right - this thread is still on page 3 for me.

Upper right there is the notification bell symbol, a star, and a gear symbol (I'll assume settings). The star is your subscribed threads.

edit #2: I just went into notifications and discovered I have two "abuse" flags... and what good are they if I ignore my notifications like I normally do? I was blissfully ignorant of my abuser status.

Thank you!

I know! And, now that I'm aware of it, I feel suitably chastised. :p
  • Oberon21
    Options

Thank you!

I think the gear only appears when you can edit. For a hour. But I could be wrong I am still figuring this out too. :smiley:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Thank you!

I think the gear only appears when you can edit. For a hour. But I could be wrong I am still figuring this out too. :smiley:

That's the gear thingy within your posts. There's another slightly different gear thingy waaaaay up at the top right (it appears under the first two menu bars for me, using Chrome on PC) beside the bookmarks star and the notification bell.

But I'm not really super knowledgeable about forum functionality. This is just stuff I've been mucking around with in the past few minutes... like instead of working. Lol.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Thank you!

That's the gear thingy within your posts. There's another slightly different gear thingy waaaaay up at the top right (it appears under the first two menu bars for me, using Chrome on PC) beside the bookmarks star and the notification bell.

But I'm not really super knowledgeable about forum functionality. This is just stuff I've been mucking around with in the past few minutes... like instead of working. Lol.

Ahh I'll go play with that now! I was excited when I figured out the edit feature as no matter how many time I read before I post I always catch something the second I post it!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Ruffled some feathers with that one!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Confession: My shoulders are sore, and I blame @BZAH10 and @ythannah. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)

Awesome! This makes me unreasonably happy. I guess this is the first time in a long time I feel like I've actually helped someone else.

I kind of think of you as the fairy godmother of this thread... You are kind and always take time to interact with people who have deep or out there stuff going on. I think you've helped a lot of people here.

I feel the same way. @BZAH10 makes such an effort to post helpful replies to so many people on here and remember all kinds of details from prior posts.

And for some weird reason I found this on page 3?? Might be a MFP glitch (or might just be what I'm seeing) but new posts don't seem to be updating the last post time.

Thank you BOTH for the kind words! That really means a lot to me. Seeing as how this is a "confessions" thread, I'll just say that I'm going through a phase IRL right now where I'm not feeling useful or beneficial to anyone. I kind of just slog through each day, one foot in front of the other, and deny that I'm kind of unhappy and just go through the motions.

Perhaps I'm over-compensating here, but I do love this thread: I love the pace, the variety, the topics, and all the great peeps! Real and marshmallow! Anyway, thanks again.

Sorry you feel that way IRL, here I think your posts are great!

Thank you. I'm at a crossroad: do I make some personal changes and see where it goes (could be better; could be worse)? Or do I just keep living my mediocre life? I know the grass always looks greener on the other side until you get there, so I just don't want to make the wrong decision. But, no risks, no rewards, right?

I read a quote recently that reminded me of myself: "My decision-making skills resemble that of a squirrel crossing the street."

Bwahahahahaha!!! I love the correlation there.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I did have to check it out and I think it's a valid question. Although if they are new they might not realize what you are talking about calling it an avatar. I didn't call it that until I spent some time in here and realized that is what everyone else called it.
  • quiksylver296
    edited April 2015
    Options
    HA! For Mother's Day, I asked to go camping. Now my hubby HAS to take me. Win! (And I already booked the camping spot... >:) )
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have never seen Crybaby and I CANNOT STAND Johnny Depp. I go out of my way to not watch movies with him in it. I tried to watch Pirates of the Caribbean twice, because everyone said it was sooo good. I fell asleep both times.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Bahaha I totally just lost it at work reading your comment, so sensitive haha
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    ashleycde wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

When I was a kid I liked my chocolate milk lumpy because I liked the taste of the wet powder chunks. Next time mix a little milk (dairy or non-dairy, what ever) with the powder and it's like a powdery chocolate paste. It's good, trust.

^^^ - don't have a confession as of yet... but when I was younger I would add dry coffee creamer to milk and drink that... (actually eat it with a spoon)...loved the texture of that for some reason. Your post reminded me of that :)

I sometimes added it to the powdered hot chocolate. In my head it made it creamier!
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    Galligak wrote: »
    My horrendous roommate that has been making snide comments on my trips to the gym and general healthy eating habits couldn't fit into her shorts yesterday... Needless to say I was a little smug about that. And I took her to the gym she was on the elliptical on 0 resistance, going 2mph and ended up out of breath. Once again, I was smug:wink: I know that I should feel bad and sympathetic but I'm glad that she got what was coming to her.

Karma - she's a B*tch!
  • CaylaSimons
    Options
    McDonalds is my weakness. I have been doing good lately. But today. Today I ate Mcdonalds for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I am so far over my calories I'm ashamed. Exercise cant even bring me back to the right level now. I want to just delete today's diary so no one sees how much of a pig i was today.
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    I confess that I tried on a tank top last night, then came home and almost immediately tried out @BZAH10's shoulder work out. I used 2.5lb weights and quite literally felt the burn.

Welcome to the club! Hope you'll join us (err.. think it's just me at this point) making the non-perky shoulder workout video. :)

Yes please! I have broad shoulders but very doughy arms. I'll be the asthmatic girl in the way back, struggling to keep up.

Trust me, you won't be struggling to keep up if I'm the instructor. However, you may well be hypnotized by the batwings flapping away merrily on my twiggy arms.

That's it. I'm totally in on this. Shoulder workout commences tonight! (I remember the routine, but how often was this going down?)

Too bad I can't get away with doing it at work. That would be a much more productive use of my time most days.

I admit I started incorporating this into my workout as well :)

Did mine tonight.

And you're now in the video too ;)

sounds good - the sucky thing is, is that I can see the definition but it is still hiding a bit behind the bingo wings... *sigh* 20lbs to go and I should be good!