What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Tim_CNY wrote: »
    bwmalone wrote: »
    not even remotely true, dont get your hopes up too much men.
    if losing 50lbs gained 5 inches, there'd be 0 overweight men in the world

2nd that.. I've heard some people gain a bit in that department, but never noticed much change personally.

On a lighter note - does anyone else find irony in the person's username and the post provided?

Down 160lbs I think I'd be frightened if that were true. However...I won't say there isn't a noticeable change :p

lol you cant gain what you dont have BUT putting on weight does swallow up some of the length therefore losing weight would uhm unswallow length but you have to have length to begin with lol

• Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    For me it's the cold. The last couple of years I NEVER wore long sleeve shirts, not even in winter. Now it's April (Winter is only in June) and I'm wearing warm clothes lol
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    I'm actually scared to hit my goal weight (33kgs down, only 7kgs to go!) because, while I know I can lose weight, I'm scared I won't be able to maintain it. I've lost weight before but it has always crept back on.

I'm scared of my goal weight as well but for another reason. I'm actually scared I'll be too small. I cant remember (as an adult) wearing anything less than a 3XL and my wife is already saying I should get 2XL. I dont want to be small, I just don't want to be fat lol
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The first time I ever had a major weight loss, I lost 70 lbs in 7 months. I went from 250 to 180. The thing no one told me about weight loss is how much of a *kitten* it is.

I legitimately became uncomfortable looking at myself in the mirror because I, mentally, just didn't recognize who that "thin" person was, after being fat my entire life. I would find myself diverting my eyes so as not to look at my face. It got easier after a few months, but the extreme difference just really messed with my head.

A couple years later, I had a major life change and ended up gaining all of the weight back. By last March, I was back to 250. And I found it uncomfortable to look into the mirror, because I had become so used to thinner me, that seeing this fat guy again was messing with my head. Now I'm back to 190 and I feel like myself again.

tl;dr: -- The way I viewed myself in my mind and the way I viewed myself in the mirror was really emotionally taxing.

That is exactly how I felt and it scared me so I started bingeing until i gained it all back. I guess to be comfortable again. And here I am again. But this time I refuse to give in and I WILL fight through it!
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    People used to wait for me to finish going up or down the stairs, like there wouldn't be enough room for both of us.

I HATE THAT!!!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    lrteague wrote: »
    I've lost 70 lbs. Yes, some friends get envious of attention you get. They get over it or you move on.
    Age makes a big difference! I'm 68 and I fit in some things I couldn't before at this weight. Strange, but true.
    Family and friends support is important. My daughter led me to Fitness Pal and is my main cheerleader!
    Glad others mentioned new mattress --- my hip bones hurt since I'm a side sleeper. Any type of mattress anyone recommends?
    I'm always cold, but I was when I was heavy too. Thin and cold is better.
    It's fun wearing clothes I only hoped to wear again. Even more fun buying new ones in a small rather than 2x!
    Also helps to have a husband that says, "buy it!"
    I have both kinds of arthritis and the weight loss has tremendous benefits. My rheumatologist is thrilled!

I couldn't live without my sleep number bed. They are expensive but worth every penny. Lay on your side and adjust the number until you feel comfortable lying on your side. Don't trust the number they give you in the store and don't be afraid to change the number as your body changes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!